Who is physically superior, Superman or Hulk?

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@revan2424: well you are pretty wrong lol. Why don't you educate yourself before you start letting false information flow out of your mouth :)

You're obviously the uneducated one. ;)

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Revan-

@nemesisreloaded:

As far as Superman goes, in the New 52, he bench-pressed the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight without sunlight and didn't tire. The only thing I can do for 5 days straight without energy input is breathe. That's right. Benching the Earth is as easy for Superman as breathing.

Hulk powered a machine that kept Exitar from touching earth. Exitar is 4-5 times larger than earth (At base, while weakened I believe.)

No Caption Provided

Here Hulk holds the weight of a star. Which are easily bigger than Earth.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He was caught in the middle of a collision from two God planets, each 20x larger than the sun when The Source decided to make Apokalips and New Genesis a single planet again - he survived after being found unconscious by the Source and Orion with minor brain damage which later healed.

That's nothing. Hulk took a punch from Power Gem Drax. And the Power Gem easily busts planets.

No Caption Provided

Strength - Superman: 6 sextillion tonnes (easily) / Hulk: 41 quintillion tonnes (struggle)

Disproven

Durability - Superman: caught in centre of collision between two star-sized planets (unconcious) / Hulk: Smashed through an asteroid twice the size of Earth (without a scratch)

Worst argument ever lol.

Speed - Superman: 418x the Speed of Light (at least) / Hulk: 25,000 mph (peak)

Actually he jumped from Mars to a space station. Judging by the heat he got he was going at least mach 5

No Caption Provided

Also that planet holding is an outlier. Here him and a bunch of other Super people can't even hold the goddamn moon.

No Caption Provided

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: no I'm really not. The point of superman is to have no limits that is the character. If you don't understand that then you don't fully understand superman or just choose not to. Obviously it all depends on solar energy but he sundipped for 15 minutes and was 3 times more powerful. If he continues longer he will just become more powerful. It's as simple as that.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: no I'm really not. The point of superman is to have no limits that is the character. If you don't understand that then you don't fully understand superman or just choose not to. Obviously it all depends on solar energy but he sundipped for 15 minutes and was 3 times more powerful. If he continues longer he will just become more powerful. It's as simple as that.

Yeah. You're a typical uniformed Superman fan. Give scans or you're a fraud

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm in aw at the people that think Hulk's potential is greater than Superman's. Anger is more plentiful than sunlight apparently.

Who knew ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: lol right?!? It's exhausting being sucked into a debate over something so common sense of feels like a waste of time because obviously something just doesn't click

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: show me scans that he does have an upper limit to his power through solar radiation. Because anyone who knows anything about superman knows that. You're the one making an outlandish statement so where is the proof? Also lets see some scans proving there is more anger than sunlight lol

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_bruh777: So you're just deflecting the question because you have no proof? Good job! You have the qualities of a horrible debater. Welcome to the club.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpnq said:

Superman has no limits and can lift infinity.

Just no. Superman has struggled with lifting the earth (post-crisis), he can't lift infinity as outlier feats don't count. Hulk himself has an infinity feat as well as universal and multiversal durability feats, but they are outliers so we ignore them.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is stronger...people on this thread this is a battle, it not. Its a bench press competition and Hulk has the muscle.

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424 said: No. I'm pretty sure there's a limit

Superman's limit is if he sun-dips a blue star. If he does that he absorbs so much energy he'll die. Otherwise, if he sundip's a yellow star, he'll be able to absorb the energy at a pace that wont make him explode, and he'll eventually become Superman Prime One Million.

Hulk powered a machine that kept Exitar from touching earth. Exitar is 4-5 times larger than earth (At base, while weakened I believe.)

This is Hulk acting like a battery, a power source. This is not a feat of strength, i.e. how Hulks body can convert that energy into work.

To give you an idea of why this is entirely irrelevant, a car battery can power an hydraulic ram capable of shifting 14 tonnes. The Ram works slowly, but it's strong. Or it can be used to power a small kart to go about 15mph. You see how different those two feats of a car battery are? It's the machine that does the hard work, not the battery, and what this machine could do with Hulks energy was down to Doom, not Hulk.

Here Hulk holds the weight of a star. Which are easily bigger than Earth.

No, he's being held down by the weight of a star, not holding one.

That's nothing. Hulk took a punch from Power Gem Drax. And the Power Gem easily busts planets.

A planet is not a star. A star is many times greater than the size of a planet. Our sun accounts for 98% of the mass of our solar system.

Me: Strength - Superman: 6 sextillion tonnes (easily) / Hulk: 41 quintillion tonnes (struggle)

You: Disproven

LOL Which bit?

And the evidence for this, is... ?

Durability - Superman: caught in centre of collision between two star-sized planets (unconcious) / Hulk: Smashed through an asteroid twice the size of Earth (without a scratch)

Worst argument ever lol.

Its not an argument. I'm merely comparing the greatest feats I could find. A planet that's 20x bigger in every direction than our sun has 8000x as much volume, but even Earth is 4x denser than the planet, which means these god planets weighed at least 32,000x as much as the sun and were colliding - which is 64 decillion tonnes.... each. Superman was caught right in the middle of it. He didn't die or have broken bones, and the only reason he knew he had any kind of brain damage was because the Source told him he did.

But like I say, this was just a comparison of durability feats. Being pinned by the weight of a star and being unable to escape it, and being exhausted afterwards is not the same thing as being hit by one.... sorry, two.

Actually he jumped from Mars to a space station. Judging by the heat he got he was going at least mach 5

Mars' gravity is 38% of Earths. Jumping at a speed of 25,000 mph is Mach 32. You're low-balling your own character.

Also that planet holding is an outlier. Here him and a bunch of other Super people can't even hold the goddamn moon.

Do you mean when he's benching the Earth for 5 days without sunlight on the title page inside New 52 Superman #13? Or something else? Could you tell me what comic your moon failure is from? I can't find it anywhere.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: you are asking me to prove something that is common sense. You are making an outlandish statement that Clark has a limit to how much yellow sun he can absorb. Where did you read this and let's please see some proof because unless he has an upper limit (which he doesn't. Look at the countless future versions where he is vastly more powerful ( kingdom come, prime one million, etc.) all due to greater solar power absorbed. Or a non future scenario in the Imperiex war where it takes only 15 MINUTES to TRIPLE his power by Sundipping!!!!! Superman and hulks baseline are close and either way you see it going the fact is Clark has near endless yellow sunlight which is much more than how much one dude can get angry. After being tricked, kicked off your planet by your friends and then having said friends kill you're pregnant wife. Not sure how much more mad you can get after that lol. So take Hulks maddest. Even if it's greater than that. It is still his MADDEST. You are the most mad you can be. Clark does not have that limit. He can stay in the sun as long as he needs to surpass that point.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jay_z94
Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: let's also not forget while I just gave you 3 examples in comics of why you're wrong you still haven't even said where you read this or sited a single source you are just making an outlandish statement with nothing to back it up. Let me quote your exact first statement in this debate. "No. I'm pretty sure there is a limit." That right there pretty much sums this debate up. You don't even know. When challenged by you I have you three examples of Clarks showing that he just keeps getting more powerful with exposure to sunlight and doesn't have a limit to that. You still have nothing. So you can be "pretty sure" and still have a debate?? Why don't you do some research and you will be sure. Sure that unlike the hulk superman has no upper limit.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in aw at the people that think Hulk's potential is greater than Superman's. Anger is more plentiful than sunlight apparently.

Who knew ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What do outside amps have to do with ones own potential?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@revan2424:

As is your selected scan taken severely out of context. That moon was travelling at relativistic speeds due to Kryptonian sunstone technology and the moon in question was Callisto which has a bigger mass than the Earth's moon.

How Heavy is Callisto?

http://www.whillyard.com/science-pages/our-solar-system/callisto.html

Callisto orbits Jupiter at a distance of between 1,869,000 km and 1,897,000 km once every 16.689 days, which is also its rotational period. It is 4,820 km in diameter which is only about 60 km less than the planet Mercury, but because of its low density, it only weighs a little less than one third of Mercury's weight. Of the Jovian moons, only Ganymede is larger.

http://www.universetoday.com/22150/mercury-compared-to-earth/

Mass? The mass of Mercury is 3.3 x 1023 kg. Again it sounds like a big number, but it’s really only 5.5% the mass of Earth.

One third of 5.5% is 1.8%. So Callisto has 1.8% the mass of the Earth.

http://www.universetoday.com/19728/mass-of-the-moon/

The mass of the Moon is only 1.2% the mass of the Earth.

I'd advise you not to just take scans randomly from the Internet without knowing the full context.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I knew that. It still doesn't change how unimpressive it is.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Compared to New 52 Superman's physical strength I agree but the writers who gave him those solo planetary feats weren't working for DC at the time.

@krleavenger I might be willing to debate Superman being physically superior to standard Savage Hulk. He's certainly superior to Grey, Gravage and Merged/Professor Hulk.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nemesisreloaded:

This is Hulk acting like a battery, a power source. This is not a feat of strength, i.e. how Hulks body can convert that energy into work.

To give you an idea of why this is entirely irrelevant, a car battery can power an hydraulic ram capable of shifting 14 tonnes. The Ram works slowly, but it's strong. Or it can be used to power a small kart to go about 15mph. You see how different those two feats of a car battery are? It's the machine that does the hard work, not the battery, and what this machine could do with Hulks energy was down to Doom, not Hulk.

What are you talking about?. The machine generated a force field which was powered by Hulk's strength .It is what it is. Hulk could muster up enough strength to generate a force field powerful enough to repel the force generated by the Celestial's foot, since it was entirely depended on it. If it was irrelevant as you claim, they wouldn't even have bothered with Hulk. They picked him explicitly because he was that strong.In other words, it was Hulk who made the machine work, not the other way around. Nice job attempting to downplay the feat though. It only failed because of a flaw in the machinery.

See the FEAT for yourself.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: they are the sources of their powers so it has everything to do with their potential. Superman is limited only by how much solar radiation he can get while hulk is limited by how angry he can get

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: I don't have the capability to scan pics but I gave you 3 examples and you have still come up with nothing lol. And unimpressive?! I wasn't aware that kingdom come superman was unimpressive. Having absorbed more solar power over the years making him much more powerful. Oh and superman prime 1million? That's not impressive at all showing the true potential of Clark. He is limited. Limited only by the amount of solar radiation he takes in. There is a lot of time and a lot of Sun for Clark. Hulk just gets pissed. But there isn't as much anger in hulk as there is solar radiation for superman to absorb. It took 15 minutes of sundipping in the Imperiex War for Superman to triple his power. The longer he sundips the more powerful he gets and he will surpass the hulk in his strongest incarnation if he stays sundipping for long enough. Now I have given you, again, 3 examples supporting my side. I wish to see or read something supporting your side of the argument. This is supposed to be a debate. I've already stated 3 things that happened in comics. Please to the same because all you are doing is calling names and saying I'm wrong but you have given not one single example at all supporting your side. Now is the time, or I am done because this is a waste of time. Please do though as I don't mind debating I like it but for this to be a real debate you need to come with something other than just flat out saying I'm wrong or calling me a fraud. Let's see an example of why you are right from comics please.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: they are the sources of their powers so it has everything to do with their potential. Superman is limited only by how much solar radiation he can get while hulk is limited by how angry he can get

See this is where you are wrong because you guys are comparing apples and oranges. Comparing Clark absorbing the sunlight should be akin to comparing Hulk absorbing radiation, those things are an outside source that can amp them. Hulks anger is his own emotion that produces his inner source of power, it's not an outside amp.

I am not going to talk about either of their potentials because those potentials are entirely up to the writer and story, i.e. the plot.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: I told you I don't have the capability to scan pics right now. BUT I gave you THREE examples. You have still given me nothing. Waste of time

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: yes and no.. Yellow sun radiation is the source of Superman's power. That's what makes him superman. If he absorbs more than it amps him BUT it really is just increasing his actual power because while it isn't internal like the Hulk's rage that is still the source of his power

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: yes and no.. Yellow sun radiation is the source of Superman's power. That's what makes him superman. If he absorbs more than it amps him BUT it really is just increasing his actual power because while it isn't internal like the Hulk's rage that is still the source of his power

Sigh... Again all of that is still an outside source that increases Supermans power, for instance if Superman where to travel to a universe without a Sun(especially yellow Sun and any other stars that amp him) he could not amp his power. He NEEDS the light source for that. Hulk can also amp himself via an outside source of radiation but he doesn't NEED it like Superman does, seeing as he can be billions of lightyears away from any kind of radiation and still amp his own power as long as he gets angrier and angrier.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded:

Superman's limit is if he sun-dips a blue star. If he does that he absorbs so much energy he'll die. Otherwise, if he sundip's a yellow star, he'll be able to absorb the energy at a pace that wont make him explode, and he'll eventually become Superman Prime One Million

That's an alternate reality, you're just bluffing now

Proof? Doom could've used others if it was for energy?

No, he's being held down by the weight of a star, not holding one

He's on his knees. If I put a weight on your back and you held it on your back while on your knees it'd be you holding it up. He kept the weight up and wasn't flattened by it. and your average star has weight ranging from Octillions to Decillions of tonnes.

A planet is not a star. A star is many times greater than the size of a planet. Our sun accounts for 98% of the mass of our solar system

How about surviving an attack of a pissed of Galactus.

No Caption Provided

And Galactus hits with the power of 100 suns.

No Caption Provided

LOL Which bit?

And the evidence for this, is... ?

When he held at least a few octillion tons under the weight of a sun.

Do you mean when he's benching the Earth for 5 days without sunlight on the title page inside New 52 Superman #13? Or something else? Could you tell me what comic your moon failure is from? I can't find it anywhere.

I was talking about the planet benching. and I'm not entirely sure where that's from. You have google don't ya?

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: I told you I don't have the capability to scan pics right now. BUT I gave you THREE examples. You have still given me nothing. Waste of time

Then give scans later.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Well New 52 Superman should be physically stronger based on his lifting feats. But Pre Flashpoint has the better striking and durability feats of the two.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I was talking about Pre Core Breach Hulk mate, I referred to Savage Hulk instead of Indestructible Hulk for example. Anyway that was an irrelevant tangent I was going off on because this is about all unamped versions so obviously Hulk is physically superior all around.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: It's his power source. Without outside amps neither of these heroes would exist.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: It's an external power source, Hulks anger is internal and no Hulk can exist just fine without outside amps, as he can amp himself.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NemesisReloaded

@BruceRogers: "What are you talking about?. The machine generated a force field which was powered by Hulk's strength .It is what it is. Hulk could muster up enough strength to generate a force field powerful enough to repel the force generated by the Celestial's foot, since it was entirely depended on it. If it was irrelevant as you claim, they wouldn't even have bothered with Hulk. They picked him explicitly because he was that strong.In other words, it was Hulk who made the machine work, not the other way around. Nice job attempting to downplay the feat though."

Apologies. I didn't understand that that is what the page was showing. It looks like electrodes. The previous page is really very important in what the hulk is actually doing. It would have been nice to see it posted alongside the other. So that people who have already stated they are not big on hulk comics can understand. People like me. so no, I wasn't trying to low ball anything. I see no point in it.

That said, it's hardly the feat Im told about. Doom makes a force field that wasn't designed to be so big. Not strong, big. All Hulk needs to do is keep them in place. I'm not suggesting just anyone could do that, but clearly the intrinsic strength of the machine itself is only just not capable of taking the lateral forces being applied to it. Hulk is surely far far stronger than these machines. So no, I don't find this to be a great feat in strength, since Hulk is doing absolutely nothing to hold up that planet sized man-beast.

The struts that hold the legs of a chair together do very little to support the weight of a fat mans planetary buttocks, it's the legs that take the weight. They are important though of course, but the strain they are under is nothing compared to that of the legs.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Gamma radiation is an external power source. Without it we'd have no Hulk. No yellow sun and we'd have no Superman.

You're making up rules.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Gamma radiation is an external power source. Without it we'd have no Hulk. No yellow sun and we'd have no Superman.

You're making up rules.

Gamma radiation is what birthed the Hulk, yes. Which has nothing to do with what we are talking about here or the fact that he can produce it now on his own the moment he transformes and can increase it's production to the point where he can release gamma bursts in his angriest forms.

I am not making up anything, you are just moving the goal post to avoid the fact that you compared apples and oranges when you compared Clarks sunlight amp and Hulks anger amp, when the right comparison would be Clark absorbing sunlight and Hulk absorbing radiation. Hulks anger amp is his own thing independent on any outside source, as in he doesn't need gamma radiation to be around him or affect him from the outside to amp his strength.

Now just admit these things are factually correct and move along...

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: so because we have two different characters where superman's power comes from an outside source via yellow sun radiation and hulks comes from his inner anger we are going to not allow Clark to use his full ability of his power set just because it originates from the sun? An outside amp? Who cares if it comes from the sun or inside THAT IS HOW HE IS SUPERMAN. This is rediculous.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: hey until you give me one single example I am done debating with you. All of my examples are good examples of real comic writers demonstrating Clarks limits are only set by how much Solar Radiation he can take it in real comics. Be it by sundipping or being older. Not some troll who keeps arguing and gives still to this very second NOT ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of where you believe Clark has a limit to how much solar radiation he can take in. If you don't come back with one example then you truly are trolling because you can't keep a debate going if only one side brings evidence of their side to the table and the other just keeps insisting they are right with no proof. And I don't have a scanner to scan pics like I said but I will gladly give you the specific page of each specific issue of every example I gave you and you can do something with superman you have obviously never done. Research.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Why don't you be the bigger man and make a starting argument then rather than sit around and wait? Jesus this site is dumb.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nemesisreloaded: I am sorry, but your example does not make a lot of sense. If you read the scan I posted for you, it is made clear that it was his strength that was powering the forcefield in order to keep Exitar at bay, by countering it's weight. I am not sure why you are reading too much into this.

The field would not have been able to do this if he wasn't strong enough

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BruceRogers: "I am sorry, but your example does not make a lot of sense. If you read the scan I posted for you, it is made clear that it was his strength that was powering the forcefield in order to keep Exitar at bay, by countering it's weight. I am not sure why you are reading too much into this.

The field would not have been able to do this if he wasn't strong enough"

I need to get back on a computer so I can quote. My phone just can't hack it.

OK, so what am I missing? You need to explain it to me then.

Stark tells Hulk :"Dooms force field was never intended to encompass this kind of space, so the only way its going to hold is if you can keep those electromagnetic anchors in place, Hulk,... Fate of the world and all of that, okay?"

If this is what you're referring to, how can I understand this in any other way besides "Use your strength to keep these things from spreading apart". Unless there's another part to these pages I am somehow missing, Hills express purpose here is to keep the anchors in place and nothing else.

It's possible my phone is not displaying all the pages, which is weird since its displaying others. Let me know.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

You're making up rules.

Gamma radiation is what birthed the Hulk, yes. Which has nothing to do with what we are talking about here or the fact that he can produce it now on his own the moment he transformes and can increase it's production to the point where he can release gamma bursts in his angriest forms.

I am not making up anything, you are just moving the goal post to avoid the fact that you compared apples and oranges when you compared Clarks sunlight amp and Hulks anger amp, when the right comparison would be Clark absorbing sunlight and Hulk absorbing radiation. Hulks anger amp is his own thing independent on any outside source, as in he doesn't need gamma radiation to be around him or affect him from the outside to amp his strength.

Now just admit these things are factually correct and move along...

It is indeed very true but it doesn't change the fact that the amount of sunlight Superman can absorb is WAAAYYYYY more than the amount of anger Hulk can feel. Clark still has him wildly outclassed in potential.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers