Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By willpayton

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton said:

The Martian would wreck Gladiator and Glads has no way to stop it. He'll be crying on the floor like a little girl before it's over.

Based on what? Show me that Martian Manhunter has greater than nano second combat speed. Hey, I think MM is one of the most, if the most, underrated characters in DC. But MM can't do anything to someone who is too fast for even him to react to.

Based on MMHs powers. MMH is one of the most powerful telepaths in DC. Even with resistance, can Gladiator actually stop a TP attack? What's he going to do to an intangible MMH? And physically MMH is about on the level of Superman. I dont have scans for this but I'm sure others do.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By willpayton

@demifiendninja said:

No Caption Provided

What comic is this scan from?

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AngryHulks

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton: "....is around Superman's level....". Or thereabouts?

Do you have scans?

Above, Gladiator displays nanosecond combat reaction time.

Above, Gladiator tops light speed by 100x.

Scans of what?

Also, not a race. Whether he can travel at 100x speed of light is irrelevant.

The statement was made that Gladiator could not beat Martian Manhunter because he was around Supeman's level of speed. What scans are there to show that Superman is faster than Gladiator? Speed has a lot to do with it. If Gladiator can beat Martian Manhunter to the punch, MM loses.

The statement was not made that Gladiator could not beat MMH because he was around Superman's level of speed.

My point is that combat speed is what matters in a fight, not travel speed. Saying that Gladiator is 100x light speed while traveling through space is irrelevant.

I dont have any scans of MMHs speed. But I do have this scan:

No Caption Provided

The Martian would wreck Gladiator and Glads has no way to stop it. He'll be crying on the floor like a little girl before it's over.

While Gladiator wouldn't beat Martian Manhunter, he did have one advantage over Superman, he have better telepathic resistance, and Gladiator have displayed super combat speed during the fight with Hyperion, and he have catch bullet, so his speed is definitely not on ordinary human's level.

demifiendninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By demifiendninja
@WillPayton: an issue in   doomsday wars, dont remember exaclty which one. 
aparently MM doesn't have what it takes to finish Doomsday. 
Doomsday himself says MM is powerfull but HE IS NOT supes. i think the only treath DD sees is supes himself.  
Supes is physically stronger than MM. 
But im agree MM can wins againts Gladiator, 
CampodelViolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CampodelViolin

It seems that people here don't realize that a bloodlusted MMH is basically Fernus, so... Odin could take this, and maybe Thanos, but no one below.

Avatar image for bunnieswithtophats
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Sentry Has control over matter, intangible or not, this will be potent against MMH.

Avatar image for bunnieswithtophats
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, any powerful fire manipulator?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By willpayton

@demifiendninja said:

@WillPayton: an issue in doomsday wars, dont remember exaclty which one. aparently MM doesn't have what it takes to finish Doomsday. Doomsday himself says MM is powerfull but HE IS NOT supes. i think the only treath DD sees is supes himself. Supes is physically stronger than MM. But im agree MM can wins againts Gladiator,

Ok thanks, havent read that.

Isnt that a more powerful version of Doomsday than the one that killed Superman?

Also, DD saying "you are no Superman" doesnt really prove much... i mean, isnt he obsessed with Superman? And, if Superman says MMH is the most powerful being on the planet... I kinda believe him. =)

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaman Nate Grey

FIrelord? Is fire a problem still for MM at regular levels?

Silver Surfer

Wolverine/thread

demifiendninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By demifiendninja
@WillPayton said:

@demifiendninja said:

@WillPayton: an issue in doomsday wars, dont remember exaclty which one. aparently MM doesn't have what it takes to finish Doomsday. Doomsday himself says MM is powerfull but HE IS NOT supes. i think the only treath DD sees is supes himself. Supes is physically stronger than MM. But im agree MM can wins againts Gladiator,

Ok thank, havent read that.

Isnt that a more powerful version of Doomsday than the one that killed Superman?

Also, DD saying "you are no Superman" doesnt really prove much... i mean, isnt he obsessed with Superman? And, if Superman says MMH is the most powerful being on the planet... I kinda believe him. =)

Well, we all know the big blue guy, he is always modest, gentle even with his enemies. 
the way i see it, an blood lusted supes is far above lot dc character include MM, but you know what kind of hero is he.  
i think Doomday clearly is referring about physically strenght,  he said "you have power BUT you are no superman", i recommend you to read it and give your point of view. In any case MM has others  advantages like to be invisibility, intangibility and TP attacks.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By willpayton

@bunnieswithtophats said:

Also, any powerful fire manipulator?

My understanding is that he's not that weak to fire anymore. At least that's what I remember from other MMH threads.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By willpayton

@demifiendninja said:

@WillPayton said:

@demifiendninja said:

Ok thank, havent read that.

Well, we all know the big blue guy, he is always modest, gentle even with his enemies. the way i see it, an blood lusted supes is far above lot dc character include MM, but you know what kind of hero is he. i think Doomday clearly is referring about physically strenght, he said "you have power BUT you are no superman", i recommend you to read it and give your point of view. In any case MM has others advantages like to be invisibility, intangibility and TP attacks.

It's true he's modest, but also very honest, sometimes to a fault. I dont think he would just say that if he didnt believe it, he just doenst go around saying that kind of stuff.

I do plan to read it, thanks. I'm just so backed up on my reading... I have a stack of comics sitting there from years ago. =)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Killemall

@Killemall: Sentry Has control over matter, intangible or not, this will be potent against MMH.

Sentry's control over matter is highly questionable. It was Void who has displayed matter manipulation on a fight, the only matter manipulation i can think of for sentry would be when he converted his normal cloths into sentry suit.

Also Martian Manhunter is a shape-shifter, he controls his own matters. Its going to be extremely hard to argue Sentry could use matter manipulation offensively against MM, unless we talk about Void.

Also Martian Manhunter is stronger, faster and could likely kill Sentry before he tried anything.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Killemall

@WillPayton said:

@demifiendninja said:

Ok thanks, havent read that.

DD never said anything like that to be honest, unless we are talking about two different issues. Below are the complete set of scans where Doomsday talk in Doomsday War, do let me know if i am missing something

Let me know if you can find the scan you guys are referring to, coz i honestly cant.

demifiendninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By demifiendninja
@WillPayton@Killemall:  

uff you are right, it didnt happen in dooomsday wars, my mystake. 
i already looked for it and the fight was in superman #175 year 2001 

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

Sentry's control over matter is highly questionable. It was Void who has displayed matter manipulation on a fight, the only matter manipulation i can think of for sentry would be when he converted his normal cloths into sentry suit.

Also Martian Manhunter is a shape-shifter, he controls his own matters. Its going to be extremely hard to argue Sentry could use matter manipulation offensively against MM, unless we talk about Void.

Also Martian Manhunter is stronger, faster and could likely kill Sentry before he tried anything.

He has shown matter manipulation before IIRC. After his fight with Post-Recton Molecule Man, He creates a winged life form in his hands.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Killemall

@laflux said:

He has shown matter manipulation before IIRC. After his fight with Post-Recton Molecule Man, He creates a winged life form in his hands.

Yes he has, but in the instance you are talking about (sorry i do not own Sentry issues anymore, have to get them back) his eye are black, that's oftentimes representative of Void juiced Sentry rather than his normal form.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By laflux

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

Yes he has, but in the instance you are talking about (sorry i do not own Sentry issues anymore, have to get them back) his eye are black, that's oftentimes representative of Void juiced Sentry rather than his normal form.

Oh, that would make sense. But what about the Resurrection of his wife. That would require significant matter manipulation IMO. Or was his eyes blackened there. In any case I don't think Sentry has the matter manipulation required to trouble MM IMO, but just wondering.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Killemall

@laflux said:

Oh, that would make sense. But what about the Resurrection of his wife. That would require significant matter manipulation IMO. Or was his eyes blackened there. In any case I don't think Sentry has the matter manipulation required to trouble MM IMO, but just wondering.

Honestly, i don't have the scans so i cant go back and check, sorry. But if i remember the instance correctly, most of the Resurrection takes places off panel. Also bringing people back to life is just awesome powers, reality warping perhaps, rather than molecule manipulation (because life isnt really a product of molecule i would think), and still saying he could use it effectively in a fight becomes hard because unlike Void sentry has not shown Matter Manipulation in a fight.

jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jec777

what about human torch, toro, origional torch, sunfire, firelord.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pokergeist

Classic Strange.

Dr. Doom with Shields up.

Sentry Void

Rune King Thor

Molecule Man

Pre Retcon Beyonder

Galactus

Green Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

Any Skyfather (Odin, Zeus, ect)

Any Hell Lord (Mephisto, Sattanish, Blackheart, Lucifer, Zarathos, Nobel Kale, Son of Satan, etc)

Any uber Magic Being (Shuman Gorath, Cyttorak, Vishanti, Dormammu, Umar, Zom, ect)

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Grandmaster

Ego the Living Planet

Shaman X-Man

Quasar

Mad Jim Jaspers

House of M Scarlet Witch

Franklin Richards

Wow there is ALOT of Marvel guys that could end him.....

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Pokergeist

@Killemall said:

I would pose that Sentry was SENTRY when he defeated Molecule Man.

1) He diplayed Sentry character and Morals. Void doesnt at all.

2) His eyes are black, Voids eyes are always glowing yellow or red.

3) Sentry EXPLAINS he understands his power and how to use it now. Makes more sense than Void having wrong eye color and acting out of character.

Anyway Sentry right before Siege would beat MM.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AngryHulks

@CadenceV2 said:

@Killemall said:

I would pose that Sentry was SENTRY when he defeated Molecule Man.

1) He diplayed Sentry character and Morals. Void doesnt at all.

2) His eyes are black, Voids eyes are always glowing yellow or red.

3) Sentry EXPLAINS he understands his power and how to use it now. Makes more sense than Void having wrong eye color and acting out of character.

Anyway Sentry right before Siege would beat MM.

Sentry may have various latent powers, but it was shown only during certain situation, especially in dire situation such as resurrection and reconstitute himself after being exploded. But there are countless of claims and narration that Sentry possess unknown set of powers.

Sentry at normal form should not beat Martian Manhunter (although spontaneous randomization of his latent power might still give him a chance to win), but at his theoretical power level, he should easily beat Martian Manhunter.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By nefarious

Mephisto.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Malevolent1
@WillPayton you are missing my point: do we have conclusive evidence that MM can use ANY of his powers before he gets blitzed by Gladiator whom I have already submitted a scan of indicating that he has FTL combat reflexes. Is there something SHOWING MM has FTL reflex? Because Gladiator does...
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By willpayton

@CadenceV2 said:

Classic Strange.

Sentry Void

Rune King Thor

Molecule Man

Pre Retcon Beyonder

Galactus

Green Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

Any Hell Lord (Mephisto, Sattanish, Blackheart, Lucifer, Zarathos, Nobel Kale, Son of Satan, etc)

Any uber Magic Being (Shuman Gorath, Cyttorak, Vishanti, Dormammu, Umar, Zom, ect)

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Grandmaster

Ego the Living Planet

Shaman X-Man

Quasar

Mad Jim Jaspers

House of M Scarlet Witch

Franklin Richards

Some on your list are at or more powerful than Galactus, so they dont qualify. Read the OP.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By willpayton

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton you are missing my point: do we have conclusive evidence that MM can use ANY of his powers before he gets blitzed by Gladiator whom I have already submitted a scan of indicating that he has FTL combat reflexes. Is there something SHOWING MM has FTL reflex? Because Gladiator does...

I dont have the scans. My point, however, is that if Gladiator could take down MMH by speedblitz like this, then so could Superman. But Superman is afraid of facing off against MMH in an open fight and he considers him the most powerful being on Earth. He wouldnt think that if he could just blitz MMH and beat him easily.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By Jorgevy

Deadpool after eating a ton of chimchangas + lighter = MMH killing machine

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pokergeist

@WillPayton:

Sentry

Rune King Thor

Green Phoenix

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Grandmaster

Ego the Living Planet

Shaman X-Man

Quasar

House of M Scarlet Witch

There. still alot.

demifiendninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By demifiendninja
No Caption Provided
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Malevolent1
@WillPayton isn't that a lot to assume? What makes u think that Superman, like Gladiator, has FTL combat speed? Are there any scans? I have to operate under the assumption that Supes does not have FTL reflexes...my understanding is that Kallark does have FTL combat combat speed while neither Supes or MM who is admittedly slower than Supes, does not. If this true...MM can be blitzed by Glads before he can think and react
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By willpayton

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton isn't that a lot to assume? What makes u think that Superman, like Gladiator, has FTL combat speed? Are there any scans? I have to operate under the assumption that Supes does not have FTL reflexes...my understanding is that Kallark does have FTL combat combat speed while neither Supes or MM who is admittedly slower than Supes, does not. If this true...MM can be blitzed by Glads before he can think and react

I'll try to find scans for Superman's reaction times.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By XiiX

@WillPayton: (Not sure what the statistics are, but) White Martians are capable of blitzing The Justice League(including The Flash)(sorry if the image is undersized).

Likewise, Martian Manhunter is able to blitz(at least 4) of them

And here he simultaneously destroyed three different facilities on three different continents

Hope that helps.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By willpayton

@XiiX said:

@WillPayton: (Not sure what the statistics are, but) White Martians are capable of blitzing The Justice League(including The Flash)(sorry if the image is undersized).

Likewise, Martian Manhunter is able to blitz(at least 4) of them

And here he simultaneously destroyed three different facilities on three different continents

Hope that helps.

So that green line is MMH... hehe, awesome!

Cant read the first scan, too small.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By XiiX

@WillPayton: It was(basically) Wonder Woman, Flash, and (an injured) Green Lantern getting blitzed by the same White Martians J'onn proceeds to blitz.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Malevolent1
@WillPayton That is impressive. But I thought light speed on earth was circling it completely at least 5 or 6 times in one second?
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By willpayton

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton That is impressive. But I thought light speed on earth was circling it completely at least 5 or 6 times in one second?

Well, blitzing all those White Martians is what counts here, since we're talking combat speed and not travel speed. White Martians are very fast, and I remember one of them giving Flash a pretty good run.

As far as flying around the Earth, yeah at light speed you can do like 7 times around in one second. But, flying in the atmosphere is much different from flying in empty space.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By XLR87T3

Bloodlusted Wally West.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#89  Edited By tomlikesfries

@XLR87T3 said:

Bloodlusted Wally West.

It says Marvel.

Silver Surfer

Sentry w/ Void

Rune King Thor

Thanos (Not sure though)

Despero

Odin

Aunt May

Etc.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By XLR87T3

@tomlikesfries: Despero's Dc, dude.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#92  Edited By RazzaTazz

Not a battle, moving to general discussion.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#93  Edited By Teerack

Hulk, Alpha, Beta Ray Bill, Wonder Man, others.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#94  Edited By TheCannon

Deadpool.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By dondave

@Teerack said:

Hulk, Alpha, Beta Ray Bill, Wonder Man, others.

Hulk isn't betting MMH.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Charlie_Jade

The Runner, Surfer, Classic Strange, Odinforce Thor...and anyone near skyfather level including Zeus, classic Thanos, Phoenix hosts etc

DGTachyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DGTachyon

Surprised no one has said Hulk.

Hulk

Thanos

Apocalypse

Odinforce-Thor

Zeus

Silver Surfer

Hulkbuster Iron Man

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#98  Edited By Teerack
@dondave: Green Hulk would for sure.
marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By marvel123

phoenix

onslaught

x man

thanos

apocalypse

maybe: gladiator, hyperion, sentry...........even thor

hulk may be physically stronger, but i think MM would use his many feats to take him

iron man..........well...........he's a guy in a suit (im a big fan of him tho).....i just don't see him contending with MM

ice man........weellll......in this instance maybe the human torch would do a lil bit better againt MM

silver sufer is cool, but i don't see him winning against MM

dont even mention wolverine

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By dondave

@Teerack: how?

@Ben836: hulk isn't beating MMH