Batman . He's human and more relatable

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By The_Thunderer

Superman is what every hero should be, responsible, sensible and perfect morals. Original hero, uses powers only for good and to save the many...also doesn't hoard money...

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

@Cavemold said:

.... more relatable

Hardly. Unless you can relate to a multi-billionaire orphan with peak human abilities in almost every aspect.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By John Valentine

@The_Thunderer said:

Superman is what every hero should be, responsible, sensible and perfect morals. Original hero, uses powers only for good and to save the many...also doesn't hoard money...

That's good for him. Batman doesn't either.

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By NewKid

too close to call for me. they are my 2 favourite characters. currently batman... but only just.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My top two as well. I think Batman is a more complex human study. Not to be confused with "relatable." No super-heroes are "relatable", nor should they be. They can have relatable aspects, but not be wholly relatable. Between the two, I actually relate better to Superman. (Well, Clark Kent actually) Demanding boss, trouble getting the girl to notice him. I think that's more relatable than being traumatized by a childhood event to the point of obsession. 

Bottom line..I think Batman has had more classic story-lines through the years, so I pick the Bat.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

Hard choice, but I voted Superman because I figured he'd need the vote. Superman is the victim of far to much playa hating

No Caption Provided
Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twentyfive

Superman. Good is all we try to be in life. It is the events we live through that shape who we will be, and despite the fact that he has all the power in the universe, he manages to ground himself and appear more human. And in my opinion, trying to appeal to and improve humanity is a much better reason to be a hero than vengeance. Batman may be more popular these days, but in the long run, Superman is the more relevant, and thus (in my opinion) better character.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Cavemold

How superman more revelant???? Have you seen the sale charts? Or how Many more bat films have been made over superman

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By coolguyr99

Superman

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Batman. I don't mind Superman, but he doesn't have a strong enough supporting cast to keep me really interested.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
 Batman
 Batman
CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrimsonCake

Superman,I like batman but I don't have the whole "HE'S THE GODDAM BATMAN" Mentality.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By DarthShap

Batman, but not by much and I love them both, even more as the world's finest. He just has all the best stories. However, he is probably one of the least relatable characters in the DCU. The guy is nuts. He is paranoid, obsessed, suicidal, schizophrenic, self-centered, antisocial, he cannot enjoy anything because he never got over the death of his parents, never having mourned them. The greatest Batman stories actually describe his pscyche rather well : TDKR, Year One, The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, RIP, Absolution,Ego...

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By jinxuandi

Superman.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Superman,but i like Batman

this is kinda been done to death.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Primmaster64

Superman, duh

No Caption Provided
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By thehummingbird

Batman, superman is to much of a good boy for my liking. Batman can get down very very very low. I mean like so low it is almost an underground cave. An underground is also pretty dirty just how I like it. Superman is a bit to high up there for me, he never goes down. Not that there is anything wrong with that just not my style.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Batman, though I love them both. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman.

He's the first and still the best superhero.

Batman is good but he's still only a normal human, not super.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CODYSF
No Caption Provided

I like both :P

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Mega_spidey01

batman. he's the citizen kane of comics. cause he's tragedy + misery +pain = equal good interesting stories about justice, police corruption, the human condition and just how gray the world really is.

No Caption Provided
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Batman, though I love them both. 
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Batman

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Gambit1024

I love them both, but I prefer Superman.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssejllenrad

No bias? This guy ftw!

No Caption Provided
BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ssejllenrad said:

No bias? This guy ftw!

No Caption Provided

..........one day he is destined to either save us all, or crush us underfoot.........

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I...I can't decide, I like Superman better as a character, but Batman has better rogues and supporting casts

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By RedOwl_1

Batman, Supes is good but isn't my kind of hero :I

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#31  Edited By Deadcool

I don't know... is hard, I love Batman but also I love the idea of a Superman, I like the current powerlevel of Superman and I would pick him just for that, but I prefer some characteristics on Batman, but somehow he has become a mary sue, and his fans make me dislike the character.

I think that I would vote for Superman, his fans are less annoying than Bat's...

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 0n1zuka

@Gambit1024 said:

I love them both, but I prefer Superman.

UNIQUE69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UNIQUE69

Batman, Superman is too overrated and batmans more realistic.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rumble Man

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Batman...Superman is to "IDEAL"...I can't stand it...he's a what do you call it Mary Sue?(except Guy version LOL)

Marty Stu

Kindredfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kindredfool

Batman all the way. There is just something I find fascinating about his motives and the whole dark, noir style of the series. I really do like flawed characters, theres something about them that I just want to read on with. Batman is plagued by the death of his parents, and has became an absolute badass fueled by vengeance. And the relationship between him and the Joker is fantastic. Plus, the cast is amazing.

Although I'm relatively new... but thats just where I'm at at the moment. :)

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By BlackPookie

gosh theres a lot for supes... never thought

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Batman because he is more relateable than superman is

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By JonesDeini

Batman. I respect what Supes represents and I'm glad a character like him's around, but he's just not my cup of tea. Outside of Elseworld stories and cameos in other books have little interest in the guy. I do generally love the takes on him in the DCAU though, especially JLU.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By YoggSaron

@haydenclaireheroes: What part of him is relateable? I see this argument a lot, and I'm not just addressing you, rather anyone who reads this, but unless you are an obsessive, borderline psychopath billionaire who had his parents murdered in front of him and spends the rest of his life illegally fighting crime by night and by day pretending to be a playboy, pretending to drink, and pretending to get laid, you are going to find little to relate to. If you want to go by very simplistic ideas such as the desire for vengeance, then that doesn't really speak only for Batman, but for dozens of comic book characters. A character being human means nothing when it comes to being able to relate to one.

If you ignore Superman's superpowers, as Clark Kent he is a middle class Average Joe, who has problems communicating with others (though this is mostly a facade, and isn't present in all incarnations of Superman, including the New 52 one). You would think more people in the world would relate to the Average Joe, over the Pretend-to-Be-a-Playboy-But-Really-A-Vigilante-With-Loads-Of-Cash.

None of this is to say that Batman is a bad character and Superman is vastly superior, a fact which isn't true in the slightest, but the idea that Batman is somehow more relateable just because he happens to share 99% of your DNA is a silly one. Frankly relateability is overrated and not all that prevalent in superhero comics as much as some people believe it to be. I don't care if I can relate to fictional characters or not. As long as their stories are great and personalities likeable, I am content.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YoggSaron

I prefer Superman, though Batman remains to be one of my favorite characters, and I believe he has had better stories on average than the Man of Steel and he has a better supporting cast. As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't care that Superman isn't all that relateable. I am fond of the idea that the Earth has a main protector, someone everyone in the world can look up to and know that he is there to guard them from harm. Superman is a man who does what he does because he is a good person, raised by the kindest people on the planet, and just wants to help everyone he can, even if it means putting others before himself. A desire for vengeance isn't present, he doesn't fight because he is obligated to, and he isn't in it for fame and glory. When written creatively he has had some great stories, which are still among my favorite.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@thehummingbird said:

Batman, superman is to much of a good boy for my liking. Batman can get down very very very low. I mean like so low it is almost an underground cave. An underground is also pretty dirty just how I like it. Superman is a bit to high up there for me, he never goes down. Not that there is anything wrong with that just not my style.

Will you elaborate on that statement?

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Zomboid

Batman. He's my favorite hero of all. He just perfectly fits my style - dark and gritty and all. I've come to respect Superman more recently, but he's still nowhere near Bats in my book.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By Delphic

Growing up Batman was cool, because of his awesomeness factor. Everybody wanted to be Batman, and so did I. As I got older though, and started learning a little about Superman (Superman returns was the first Superman film I watched) I began to relate to Superman (Clark Kent actually) a whole lot, so I dove into the character. As I learned more about all the things Superman had been through as Superman and as Clark Kent I began to appreciate the character more and more and actually began to feel a sort of kinship towards the character. For me there is more substance to Superman, where Batman has remained that awesome superhero I enjoyed as a kid. That's why I prefer Superman.

No Caption Provided
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell
No Caption Provided
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By joshmightbe

Superman, I like Batman but I'm a far bigger super man fan

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By joshmightbe

@UNIQUE69 said:

Batman, Superman is too overrated and batmans more realistic.

I find this statement hysterical. There is no human being that can realistically do what Batman does. People spend the entire lives mastering one martial art, yet Batman mastered them in like 3 years, His level of scientific expertise would require years and years of study, Basically for Batman to know the things he knows would require so much study and training that he'd never have time to do literally anything else aside from sleeping and eating. That means no time to solve crimes, fight bad guys or save the world. Also the unlimited income and evading charges for the obvious embezzlement and blatant disregard for civil rights aren't all that realistic

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Twentyfive

@Delphic: Very good post. Everything you said is what happened to me. It is harder to be Superman than it is to be Batman, and yet he pulls it off. I mean it in the sense that Superman could destroy the planet at anytime if he wanted to, yet he always puts the needs of others before his own, and tries to be more human. Superman is arguably the hardest character to write for as well, that is partly why more people like Batman more. There needs to be a Superman story that evaluates Superman on a more psychological level, or better yet, there needs to be a Superman 'What If' tale exploring the mentality of an ordinary human being who was granted the same level of power as Superman.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By jrock85

I like both, but Bats is my favorite fictional character of all time.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By Mercy_

Wonder Woman.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By htb106

@Mercy_: I'm going to do that poll soon for the main three.