Who cripples Barbara Gordon?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Poll Who cripples Barbara Gordon? (14 votes)

Calculator 7%
Joker 86%
James Gordon Jr. 7%
Knightfall 0%
Shauna Belzer (Ventriloquist) 0%
Killer Moth 0%

Like my previous poll debate, some of the most pivotal moments in comic book history are often subject to unnecessary change when the director of a comic book movie inputs their own vision. In this instance, who should cripple Barbara Gordon if a film adaption with this climatic moment was made?

• 
RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like my friend IcarusFiles, we both think Calculator is a cunning and personal nemesis for Barbara Gordon who is on the same playing field as the Joker.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Even if they ever did use Barbara they might not even cripple her. heh Should have added Superman's fight with Zod just to piss people off.

1. Calculator: He shouldn't be the one who cripples her but I wouldn't mind if he's the reason she decides to become Oracle. Her greatest rival.
  2. Joker: Classic you can't go wrong with it.
  3. James Gordon Jr.: This is actually a surprisingly good alternative to the Joker. He's her greatest nightmare. Though use the down to earth version when he was first introduced. Not the one that later came because of the N52
  4. Knightfall: ugh no. Does anyone even think this character rates coming back?
  5. Shauna Belzer (Ventriloquist): Nah there is nothing there that would drive something so personal. Besides I don't like this version of Ventriloquist.
  6. Killer Moth: Again nothing call for this character to be granted such a place in her life.
rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By rev_sulphur

Should be the Joker could be a cool introduction. Showing Barbara and Jim talking and celebrating the victory from the previous film when suddenly *knock knock*

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

If it has to be depicted, or even alluded to, I'll stick with the Joker being the reason. Whenever or not it happened like in the books or some other way however...

Gordon Jr. eh... let me just say I am not a fan of his existence, I liked the Gordons as a relatively normal family and I certainly didn't need to have a demented serial killer in their family photoes. The rest, just no... I could imagine Calculator causing it by accident (tripping her down a flight of stairs for example) but otherwise no.

Aside that, I would like to see Oracle-Babs appear in a movie and this particular event isn't even mentioned. Like if she does appear as Oracle, it's going to be at her base and the visitors are bound to be people who are in the loop, people who dont need to be told why she is in a wheelchair.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: U make some valid points especially sticking to the classics. Killer Moth though was her first villain as Batgirl. As for Ventriloquist and Knightfall, I agree they are a waste of space that should have been killed off.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Demented family members is kind of a cornerstone in comic book villainy. I will admit though James Gordon Jr. is kinda hard to map out. Jimmy's motives or his vendetta against his father and sister isn't your garden variety Cain and Abel dynamic. Apparently, he likes to look for the flaws in people which gives him the validation to kill them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: U make some valid points especially sticking to the classics. Killer Moth though was her first villain as Batgirl. As for Ventriloquist and Knightfall, I agree they are a waste of space that should have been killed off.

I don't have a problem with Killer Moth as a rogue I just don't think there is anything that calls to be the one that holds that special place of the one that crippled her.

Knightfall the only thing interesting about this character is the concept of a sane person going into Arkahm an coming out messed up. Literally everything else should be scrapped in my opinion.

Ventriloquist. I just don't like the character. It doesn't help that I have a soft spot for the old with the mafia dummy even as silly as it was.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Demented family members is kind of a cornerstone in comic book villainy. I will admit though James Gordon Jr. is kinda hard to map out. Jimmy's motives or his vendetta against his father and sister isn't your garden variety Cain and Abel dynamic. Apparently, he likes to look for the flaws in people which gives him the validation to kill them.

I admit I think Outside makes a some good point about Gordon Jr.

Thinking back I would prefer a normal family for them but for arguments sake you had no choice of his existence I think he would make a good choice.

Sill Joker is tops.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RavenVice01

@dernman: Thank u for reminding me about Knightfall's origin because Great White Shark is actually the first sane inmate admitted to Arkham and was driven insane. Knightfall should never have been conceived. As for Ventriloquist, I liked the Peyton Riley and Scarface team up. If they really wanted to go down this road with Shauna and Ferdie, the Joker should have been involved in some measure since Ferdie is a trash talking clown.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

That may be, but my point about him was that his existence disrupts the notion that the Gordons were, untill the introduction of Tim, the only 'normal' family of the Batman over-family. As normal as they could be with Jim's job ofc, but still, they didn't come from anywhere execptional and they didn't have monsters in their closets... untill Jr. showed up, but both Jim and Babs were exceptional heroes in their own ways long before him resurfacing.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: I totally forgot about that fact concerning Great White Shark. Though to be honest I think the concept is better than that character also. :/

I also found Knightfall's name kinda weird being a Batgirl's rogue name. You would think it was Batman's rogue name. Since he's the one associated with Knight and the night. Not to mention Knightfall stories.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: True in all aspects. Unfortunately, writers need to invent new characters or reinvent old characters to give them new meaning.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: U gotta point about the title. Knightfall would have been a great alter ego for Talia al Ghul rather than Leviathan.