Who can survive superman's moon busting punch?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By renamed040924

@enzeru said:

What the hell? Why am I the only one, who doesn't get the "A slightly larger moon" answer?

What's that supposed to mean? That a slightly larger Moon could take it, because Superman's busting feat is limited to the size of the Moon he destroyed during that instance?

Yeah I don't get why it's so funny either XD

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How large was that moon?

If you can tell me that I can tell you how much energy Superman needed to "death star" it.

And I'm fairly sure any force that can do that to a moon would destroy the Earth as well, just not quite as spectacularly.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How large was that moon?

If you can tell me that I can tell you how much energy Superman needed to "death star" it.

And I'm fairly sure any force that can do that to a moon would destroy the Earth as well, just not quite as spectacularly.

The Moon replica Superman destroyed was stated to be exactly the same mass as an original Moon, probably size also.

The minimum power to obliterate a Moon is not enough to destroy the entire Earth, but turning it into a ball of molten magma, yes. But since Superman actually vaporize every trace of that Moon, it's speculate that it should be enough to shatter Earth into asteroid belt.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: I'm aware of that.

The amount of energy needed to "Death Star" the moon would be 1.106E+37 joules, well over the 2.240E+32 joules needed to destroy the Earth at minimum, though the little rocks that make up the earth wouldn't go flying quite as fast as they did when Tarkin blew up Alderann.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AngryHulks

The amount of energy needed to "Death Star" the moon would be 1.106E+37 joules, well over the 2.240E+32 joules needed to destroy the Earth at minimum, though the little rocks that make up the earth wouldn't go flying quite as fast as they did when Tarkin blew up Alderann.

Yeah, I have read the article on the science of Death Star. They said that Death Star's laser are million of times more powerful than the minimum amount to destroy Alderann, which is Earth-sized.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

My girlfriend's meatloaf.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: About ten million times more powerful or so. Superman is hitting with roughly ten thousand times more energy than is *strictly necessary* to destroy the Earth, or about ten thousand weeks of Solar output.

Note, that means every last bit of energy the sun puts out, of which the Earth receives only an extremely small fraction of, for ten thousand weeks.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Upgrade

NRG,

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor of course.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe I also have a calc out for Beta-ray bill (and thus Thor) lemme get it out.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go.

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Also, Thor's equal, Beta Ray Bill, can destroy a planet in a single blow.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Assuming the planetoid is the size of Mercury, we'd get a diameter of 4880 km with a surface gravity of 0.38gs

To replicate this feat you'd need 1.814E+30 to 9.897E+37 Joules of force depending on whether you want the absolute minimum to reduce a planet to space rubble (which has the unimpressive effect of taking ten minutes for a planet's radius to double, so we can rule out the low end) to a high end of making the fragments of a planet go outward at roughly 5 diameters per second, or a death star style blast. The high end seems rather reasonable given what BRB is doing.

By comparison, this level of energy is akin to every last bit of energy the sun has made since the time of Homer. And I don't mean the energy the Earth receives, I mean every last drop of energy that the sun makes in it's entirety, of which a single week's worth if dumped out all at once is the minimum to destroy the earth, and a minute's worth is more energy than humanity has ever produced and consumed of which Earth receives far under one percent of due to our distance and small size.

So Beta Ray Bill, who is explicitly equal to Thor strength wise with an explicitly equal weapon, can hit you with the force of several centuries of sunshine. And as Beta Ray Bill is pretty much Thor who doesn't hold back as much, we can translate their strength and striking power feats to one another.

If you were to unleash this amount of energy on earth, you would completely destroy the planet and turn it into a new asteroid belt, it wouldn't be quite as impressive as the Death Star blast, but there would be no more Earth and it would no longer recognizably *be* Earth within seconds, everything on the planet would die instantly, and you'd be able to see the blast from Pluto quite visibly, as it would actually outshine the sun for a brief while.

Kratos is nothing in comparison. .

And LoL at you trying to get into a calc war with me.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threads like this is what's wrong with the Battle forum. Instead of actual unique thought out battles being posted people post threads that belong in the Heroes own forum or General Discussion.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JackKnight

Ultron.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Why cant this be under battles? This is superman punch vs. anyone who can take it and survive. What is wrong with that?

According to this superman's infinite mass punch hits with 45 megatons. 30 trillion megatons is need to destroy the moon. 53 quadrillion megatons is needed at minimum to destroy the earth. So lets just keep it a moonbusting since that is what happened on panel.

Loading Video...

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themgr: no, lol, batman would die even with prep. What can batman do to survive a moonbusting punch?

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: That's the wrong way to do a calc and while those people are "technically right", this is comic books so Superman can exert far more energy than he should be able to by our laws of physics.

I'm simply looking at what happened and calcing it out.

All I'm doing is quantizing something that actually happened and putting it in perspective since people don't really know how much energy is needed to do that.

So no, take your video and stuff it.

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thegreat4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: first of all its not "my video" its vsauce3. Second, that was quite rude and it is pretty obvious what happened on the panel. What exactly are you trying to calculate? Third, two physics professors were consulted in making that video so I trust them more than you. Superman in this case was going under the speed of light and was following the laws of physics.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm said:

@themgr: no, lol, batman would die even with prep. What can batman do to survive a moonbusting punch?

He can tank it.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: If he was going purely by our physics, the moon would have had a hole in it but wouldn't have been pretty much obliterated like that.

I took what was on panel and calced it out using the same method as the death star rather than simply plugging things into a F=MV^2 calculator.

One fits what is on panel, one doesn't.

And the one that fits says that Superman would pretty much reduce the Earth to space rubble if he hit it that hard.

Try harder.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: This is why. Read the rules.

The battle forum is for actual fights between characters. Things like 'who has the coolest power' or 'who gets the most chicks' ARE NOT BATTLES. Just because you put 'vs' in the title, does not automatically make it battle forum worthy. They should be placed in general discussion or in off-topic (depending on what they're about). As well, fights with characters who are not comic book or manga characters or haven't featured predominantly in comic books or manga (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

This has been discussed between the battle forum mods a bit. These are guidelines for what does and does not constitute a battle.

• Who Can Beat _____? - These are not battles and should be placed in that characters forum from this point forward. If they aren't and a mod notices, they'll be moved.
  • Power vs Power - Things like Optic Blast vs Heat Vision are not battles and will be moved to the appropriate forum from now on.
  • Item vs Item - Things like Mjolnir vs Captain America's Shield are not battles and will be moved to the appropriate forum from now on.
  • Can ___ Do ____? - Things like 'Can Wolverine's Claws Cut Cap's Shield' or "Can Superman's Heat Vision Melt Adamantium' are not battles and will be moved to the appropriate forum from now on.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Also as per what we've seen, BRB's small planet shattering hit is nearly 10 times more potent than Superman's moon cracker. How does this make you feel?

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By houseshm

@nelomaxwell: I didnt know about the specifics of what is and isnt a battle. Just thought this would be interesting. If the mods want to move this to general discussion or someplace else that is fine with me. I dont know how though.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Video game, Movie, and Novel characters seem to get a free pass from the mods so I don't know about the other restriction.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Goku would never tank it.ben 10's forms would not tank it except alien x who is god. Buu couldn't survive the spirit bomb let alone a supernova.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The asgardian destroyer

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Yes given that Thanos has barred him from Death period.

You'd need to send him to Oblivion to get rid of him.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AngryHulks

@deathhero61 said:

@dreadpool10: can deadpool survive atomization?

No, but he will eventually come back one way or another because he's banned from death.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@nighthunder: Goku would never tank it.ben 10's forms would not tank it except alien x who is god. Buu couldn't survive the spirit bomb let alone a supernova.

Wrong

Galvanmechamorphs (the entire UPGRADE race) have taken it (yes they tanked a moon busting attack, next time know the characters you are talking about instead of watching two episodes), Malware has taken Moon Busting attacks

btw NRG can tank it since it took one of the sharpest/hardest substances in the Ben 10 Multiverse to pierce his suit.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Umm lets see

Deadpool (duh)

Genis-Vell

Mar-vell

Nova Prime (maybe)

Silver Surfer

Any of the H.O.G

Sentry

Umm WW hulk and above (wbh, savage hulk ect..)

Anyone equal to or above these charcters mentioned

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Goku

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

were not talking about a supernova. were talking about a moonbusting punch

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong guy of x factor

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@enzeru said:

What the hell? Why am I the only one, who doesn't get the "A slightly larger moon" answer?

What's that supposed to mean? That a slightly larger Moon could take it, because Superman's busting feat is limited to the size of the Moon he destroyed during that instance?

Its called a joke, lighten up.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Also as per what we've seen, BRB's small planet shattering hit is nearly 10 times more potent than Superman's moon cracker. How does this make you feel?

Wut? My comment about Batman was joke, and I said Thor can take Superman's moon busting hit.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: It does mean that BRB at least can hit harder than Supes you silly goose.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer

Thor

Thanos

Goku

Darkseid

etc

Harrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor.

The universe comes up with a ridiculous and convenient miracle to prevent the punch ever landing.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: How do you know that one of buus punches or frieza or cells punches could have destroyed a moon , And the punch ddn't turn it into anti-matter , it only destroyed/atomized it lolololololl

From what I saw, Freeza was at best island busting physically. And atomization of the entire moon puts it above even base planet-busting.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Flash

Super sonic

Hyper sonic

Supergirl

Silver Surfer

Iron man with prep maybe

Zoom

Spongebob

The Powerpuffgirl

Popeye with spinach

And wait for it

Loading Video...

DUCK MOTHER FREAKING DODGER

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot actually.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyan Armor

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By robertloucksjr

Others:

1. Destroyer Armor
  2. Sentry
  3. Hyperion
  4. Hercules
  5. Apocalypse
  6. Plastic Man
  7. Mangog
  8. Surtur
  9. Ymir
  10. Blue Marvel
  11. Gladiator
  12. Classic Drax
  13. Maxima
  14. Mon-El (probably)
  15. Ultra Boy with his invulnerability on
  16. Wildfire (wouldn't his energy "body" just reform)
  17. Graviton with shields up
  18. Magneto with shields up maybe
  19. Classic Dr. Strange with shields up
  20. Nova Prime