#1 Posted by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

In this site, we have an entire board dedicated to how related and unrelated characters would fare if they fought one another. Typically, it is expected of us to back up any claims we have on a character's abilities with the appropriate scans to justify our claims.

But, all these 'scans' come from comic books, and all what's happening (or mostly, anyways) is usually written in by...the writers.

So my question to YOU (yes, you. Don't you freaking ignore me) is this:

Which writer(s) write the best feats in comics? Which ones are prone to give great showings for characters? Which ones aren't? (yes, more than one question, but they're all inter-related. Sue me)

#2 Edited by Red_Vibe (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns, by actually making Aquaman an awesome character, is the best feat in comics EVER, And Ann Nocenti is awful. Have you read her Green Arrow stories in the New 52? They are terrible.

#3 Posted by Xwraith (33529 posts) - - Show Bio
@red_vibe said:

Geoff Johns, by actually making Aquaman an awesome character, is the best feat in comics EVER, And Ann Nocenti is awful. Have you read her Green Arrow stories in the New 52? They are terrible.

You haven't been reading comics for very long, apparently.

#4 Posted by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan lee.

#5 Posted by Red_Vibe (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith

yeah, I really haven't, but I enjoy what I am reading now, so that is all that matters to me.

#6 Posted by RD189 (3110 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis damn near broke my hand with his handshake....

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
#7 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (601 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison created batgod, marv wolfman not only made the titans relevant, but made them arguably the most popular dc book during his run in the 80s. I don't recall the most notable silver age superman writer but I guess whomever that is would be the winner here.

The one who gives weak feats is hard cause there's a lot, jeph Loeb often lowballs villains, that's all I can think of at the moment

#8 Posted by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't recall the most notable silver age superman writer but I guess whomever that is would be the winner here.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and possibly Neil Gaiman (for the Sandman).

But Stan Lee / Jack Kirby definitely takes this. Go read the original Dr. Strange series.

#10 Posted by KingOfAsh (3935 posts) - - Show Bio
Grant Morrison
Grant Morrison
Moebius
Moebius
Stephan King
Stephan King
Avatar image for transformers1024
#11 Edited by Transformers1024 (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Was Stan Lee's Dr Strange really that good? I always though it would be kinda corny and whatnot considering most comics were back then.

And agreed about The Sandman. One of my favorite books of all time.

#12 Edited by jayc1324 (20841 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank miller and grant morrison

#13 Posted by JediXMan (37167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Was Stan Lee's Dr Strange really that good? I always though it would be kinda corny and whatnot considering most comics were back then.

And agreed about The Sandman. One of my favorite books of all time.

The OP against about powerful feats, as in combat feats. Classic Dr. Strange was fighting galactic / universal / multiversal enemies on a daily basis in that series.

Now, as far as quality, yeah, most of Stan Lee's stuff is pretty dated, Jack Kirby's stuff varies, but I never found the art dated.

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3651 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore.

#15 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio
lee
lee

#16 Posted by RogueShadow (19167 posts) - - Show Bio