Which of these Marvel heroes is the strongest?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJ62

Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Giant-Man, The Thing, Wonder Man. Which of these is the strongest, and also how would they all line up if you made a list of the strongest? And which others would you include?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

Hulk and Thor are debated all the time, and Wonder Man and Blue Marvel are very powerful but they never really go into just how strong they are so there hard to place. Sentry is supposed "as strong as a billion exploding suns" but he has so many mental issues he can never really be as strong as he can be. Giant Man and Thing are no where near the others though.

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hoenhime

considering only their strength and not their other powers?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJ62

Yes, I mean pure physical strength.

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hoenhime

strongest I would say is sentry, he in void form was taking onn all the marvel heroes himself including hulk as well as thor and he ripped a god(Ares) in half, next I would say hulk, if we consider classic Thor then Thor would be second(Maybe even first) but at the present, current thor sucks. Then forth would be blue marvel and fifth would be wonder man. Thing and giant man are outclassed really. There are several other powerful marvel carecters, eg Betta ray bill, all the freaking olympians, the guardians and elders of the universe, Thanos with his infinity gauntlet, then some anti-matter man and a couple more.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spawn_123
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

Using only the superheroes you mention and ranking them only in terms of pure physical strength:

1. Hulk
  2. Sentry
  3. Thor
  4. Blue Marvel
  5. Wonder Man
  6. Thing
  7. Giant-Man
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By lightsout

Blue Marvel stopped an asteroid the size of Arkansas. If we're to believe that means the diameter of a sphere-ish shaped asteroid was the same as the rough diameter of AK, that would be INSANELY heavy. Granted, he didn't pick if up off the ground while standing on the ground, he likely built some momentum flying at it, but it would still require an insane amount of power to do so. Hulk briefly lifted a whole mountain, but this would be a much greater feat than that. When the Avengers tried to corral BM, they didn't do that good a job of it (and Sentry was among those who were trying). I'd say BM stands a good chance at being #1.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJ62

Didn't Hulk stop an asteroid that was twice the size of Earth? Wouldn't that put him above Blue Marvel because he stopped one the size of a state.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lightsout

@JJ62 said:

Didn't Hulk stop an asteroid that was twice the size of Earth? Wouldn't that put him above Blue Marvel because he stopped one the size of a state.

Do you know what series this took place in? (and the context, of how he stopped it (was their lifting/moving involved, or did he punch it & break it up while out in space? Those would be evidence of different aspects of the character))

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@lightsout: Marvel Comics Presents #52

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I copied the here

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lightsout

ah, thanks. Yea, he just launched his body straight through it (a product of his own mass & speed).

(and this is probably a huge bias of my own, but I've always found "old" feats (etc) to be very corny (like superman juggling planets or w/e). Sure, it's comics so it's all imaginary, but in the older ones it seems like they just grabbed figures out of thin air, like "and the asteroid is 2 times the size of earth!" "and Hulk'll fly through it on a jet-pack!")

EMH_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EMH_Bruce

@lightsout: you're welcome. Yeah.

(yes, your right. I came across those scans, when I read the Thread I linked in my earlier post. It's about What makes Hulk 'Incredible' and very interesting)

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spinningbirdcake

I'd go with Thor. I've never heard of this Sentry fellow. Must not have been very important...

No Caption Provided
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Teerack said:

Hulk and Thor are debated all the time, and Wonder Man and Blue Marvel are very powerful but they never really go into just how strong they are so there hard to place. Sentry is supposed "as strong as a billion exploding suns" but he has so many mental issues he can never really be as strong as he can be. Giant Man and Thing are no where near the others though.

What he said

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fodigg

until he loses it, then

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JJ62

So, the general consensus is Hulk and Sentry?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@PowerHerc said:

Using only the superheroes you mention and ranking them only in terms of pure physical strength:

1. Hulk
  2. Sentry
  3. Thor
  4. Blue Marvel
  5. Wonder Man
  6. Thing
  7. Giant-Man

This.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points