Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@CitizenBane said:

Seriously, I will pay one thousand of your American dollars to anyone who can find me a more tragic origin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I already know that there are none, so my money is safe.

Why is it blue?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By lady_liberty

Magneto. It doesn't get much worse then what he went though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By Strider1992

@Vance Astro said:

@Strider92 said:

6.Ms Marvel: Marcus and a drinking problem

The drinking problem isn't really that bad.The Marcus Immortus stuff is by far one of the worst things i've ever read in a comic.

Yeah it was made even worse by other Avengers being pretty much a$$holes about it afterwards. The only reason I didn't put her higher on my list was because now she doesn't seem to be that effected by it. Granted an argument could be made that she's simply blocked it out which is understandable. Its just you can see the effects of Punisher's, Spider-man's, Butcher's etc... past in almost every issue that's the only real reason i've put them higher than her.

I wonder if they'll bring up her past in the new Captain Marvel series?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By 202122

BEAST BOY

- Contracts a terminal disease as a child

- Beaten as a boy by criminals

- Those same criminals then forced him to steal

- His court appointed guardian tried to kill him

- His entire team (Doom Patrol) was killed except for Mento

- Parents killed protecting him

- Betrayed by Terra and almost died because of it

- Raven (who BB is in love with at the time) turns dark and tries to kill him several times

- His stepfather went insane

- Took him years to be taken seriously in the Titans

AND HE"S NOT EVEN AN ADULT

BATMAN HOLDS NO TORCH TO THE PAINS OF BB

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Hazlenaut

It seems my question was not answered as I ask if robots are allowed. Platinum from the metal men had allot of problems

Silver Age

metal men had to kill several allies in order to save her creator. They did not come back and unlike Maxwell lord they are nice and were mind controlled by someone

She had to kill magma monster that loved her by tricking him. Afterward She and the metal men were monsters in their city

She looks like her former creator’s fiancé

She wants to be loved by her creator which is never going happen as she watched him dating many girls

Her creator was annoyed by her that he tried to replace her, seal her away in museum to stand still while other look at her and try to change her by altering her programming.

Before the Latest Reboot

Last I check she is taunted by being called a sex toy for her son’s creator.

When they moved to the suburban area they still considered monsters

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By ExtraLarge
No Caption Provided
saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By saturnssailor

I think that every character that grew up with some sort of family that cared about them and treated them right (ex. Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Dick Grayson, etc.) can't win. They may have had extremely sad pasts, but only one hero can have the saddest past and it takes a lot to beat out all the other heroes. What exactly counts as someone's past is all opinion so I've stated where I think each character's "past" ends.

Possible Winners

Laura "X-23" Kinney

Past ends when: She joins the New X-Men

PRO: Cloned from Wolverine. Tortured because the head of the project she was made in hated Wolverine for killing his father. Her "mother"/creator cared about her, but almost never showed it and almost never made any move to try to stop them from hurting X-23. Later she was forced to kill her "mother" because of a trigger scent and the only way she knew to show that she cared was to ask "What is my mission?". She then became a prostitute for an abusive pimp.

CON: Her mother did care, though she rarely showed it and in the end tried to break her out.

Cassandra "Batgirl" Cain

Past ends when: She becomes Batgirl

PRO: Abused by her father. Made to kill at age 7. She then wandered the streets until saving Commissioner Gordon and becoming Batgirl. The way the man looked when she killed him haunted her until the reboot.

CON: Her father did love her in his own way and though it doesn't say what she did to live on the streets that part of her life becomes the same as many other characters.

Jason "Red Hood" Todd

Past ends when: He confronts Batman with the Joker.

PRO: He lived on the street alone because his mom cared more about drugs than him. After becoming Robin he and Bruce started fighting, escalating when he may or may not have pushed a rapist to his death. He later found out his mom was not really his biological mom and went to find his biological mom who was stealing money/drugs from a relief organization in an impoverished area. She betrayed Jason to the Joker so that she wouldn't get caught. The joker proceeded to beat him half to death with a crowbar and then blow him and his mother up. He was later resurrected and wandered the streets catatonically until Talia al Ghul found him. She put him into the Lazarus pits which woke him up then she gave him a bag and pushed him off a cliff after telling him that Bruce hadn't killed the Joker for what he did to Jason. Jason captured the Joker to try to force Batman to either kill the Joker or him. Being Batman, Bruce found a third option and threw a batarang that bounce off a wall and partially slit Jason's throat. Jason was replaced by another Robin.

CON: Bruce did truly care about him and he seemed to really enjoy life as Robin. After Talia found him he traveled around the world getting stronger.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By Kairan1979

Laura "X-23" Kinney

Past ends when: She joins the New X-Men

PRO: Cloned from Wolverine. Tortured because the head of the project she was made in hated Wolverine for killing his father. Her "mother"/creator cared about her, but almost never showed it and almost never made any move to try to stop them from hurting X-23. Later she was forced to kill her "mother" because of a trigger scent and the only way she knew to show that she cared was to ask "What is my mission?". She then became a prostitute for an abusive pimp.

You forgot to mention that Laura's cousin Megan and her mother were targeted by the same Facility that created her (and she barely escaped killing them too), and that Captain America wanted to send her to jail for the things Facility forced her to do.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ReVamp said:

Wolverine too.

Really don't see Wolverine has having a sad past, maybe a troubled one, but not sad. Don't know much about his past so, please explain why it's sad.

Other than that Batman & Punisher had some sad pasts. So did Bruce Banner

But I have to go with Batman being the most sad, No child should have to lose their parents at 8 years old. I can't imagine the depression, i'd be in if that happened to me.@ExtraLarge said:

Batman is not the saddest. Yes, his parents were murdered in front of him, but other than that, I'd say he's had a pretty good life. It's not like he got shipped to an orphanage. Instead he got to stay in his mansion with his new father figure and grow up to be a billionaire playboy who heads one of the largest companies in the world. You might have a case for him if Jason Todd had stayed dead and Barbara Gordan had stayed crippled because Batman refuses to kill the Joker, but they're both fine now. He even got a note from his dad from Flashpoint telling him how proud he is of him. Batman is just a big whiny baby who can't get past a little childhood trauma like the rest of the grown-ups do.

A life of money, doesn't make up for losing your parents. Getting your parents getting shot in front of you isn't a little childhood trauma. I'm using this as pure hypothetical, But let's say if you were 8 years old, on Christmas Day, everything's going good, and everyone's opening presents, Your dad gives you your present which is the toy you always wanted. You give him a big hug. Then mom comes out of the kitchen with the tasty gingerbread house that you eat every Christmas. Everything's good. Soon out of nowhere the door bell rings, and a man goes to the living room and kills your parents, leaving you alive. You mean to tell me you wouldn't be traumatized?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By ReVamp

@Jnr6Lil: Batman has his parents killed in front of him. Logan killed his hinted father (he was his mothers lover, not confirmed), and caused his mother to kill herself. He then ran away with the woman he loved, saw her marry a fat old dude and then he killed her (not on purpose). He then goes live in the wild. Later, he gets consistently psychologically raped by an organization, forcing him to kill all types of innocent people, and when he wants to settle down, the organization kills his lovers.

If causing your Mother to kill herself alone isn't sadder than having her die in front of you, I don't know what is.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ReVamp: I don't know, it depends on the circumstances.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By Saren

@Vance Astro said:

Jessica Jones-She was the only person in her high school who was less respected than Peter Parker and she didn't have any friends. She got her powers from an accident that killed both her parents.She later became a Private Investigator, that's where she encountered Purple Man whom took control of her with his powers and raped her repeatedly.

She wasn't raped. He made her watch as he raped other women, but not her.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

Jessica Jones-She was the only person in her high school who was less respected than Peter Parker and she didn't have any friends. She got her powers from an accident that killed both her parents.She later became a Private Investigator, that's where she encountered Purple Man whom took control of her with his powers and raped her repeatedly.

As I recall it. Also made her beg for it, just to watch her bawl over it or something weird like that.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hazlenaut

Hyakkimaru was born blind, deaf, quadriplegic and more due to his dad sacrificing his organs to demons before he was born. His dad later threw him out when he was a newborn. Later on demons started hunting him.

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@Vance Astro said:

I was about to say Punisher, but this might take the cake.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Vance Astro said:

I was about to say Punisher, but this might take the cake.

Agreed

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SandMan_
@CitizenBane said:

Seriously, I will pay one thousand of your American dollars to anyone who can find me a more tragic origin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I already know that there are none, so my money is safe.

:(
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#68  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
@joeagentofhand1 said:

Punisher, his wife and son died right in front of him not to mention the vietnam war mission where all the other soldiers died( at least one of them had yto be his friend ).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#69  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
@Osian2: I have to agree with you on Cyclops.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ssejllenrad

Not really "past" past but Spider-man due to OMD. Nyehehehe!

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MarvelGrey

Rachel Summers takes the cake.

In an alternate future where Senator Kelly was killed the sentinels ruled the world. The mansion was blown up, and Professor X was killed in front of her eyes then she was taken by Ahab. They drugged her to be used as a hound to track other mutants with her telepathy. Her psychic powers created a link to all of her victims and experienced all of their pain, thus she became mentally scarred. She attacked Ahab (her enslaver) and was sent to a concentration camp where she met Wolverine, Magneto, Colossus, Storm, her lover Franklin Richards and Kitty. Rachel sent Kitty's conciousness to the 616 universe to stop the assassination of Robert Kelly, it worked but it didn't change her timeline. When Kitty came back everyone else died except Rachel. Rachel sent her astral form to the 616 and discovered the Phoenix Force, then she passed out. The PF followed her back to her time and then Rachel and Kitty went on a suicide mission to stop the Nimrod project Kitty admitted that she wasn't going to survive the mission and that it was time to part ways. Kitty talked to the PF asking it to give Rachel a fresh start and when she said Dark Phoenix Rachel was sent into the 616 universe.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#72  Edited By Saren

@ReVamp said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Vance Astro said:

As I recall it. Also made her beg for it, just to watch her bawl over it or something weird like that.

Also, she encountered the Purple Man during her superhero years, not as a private investigator.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Could Punisher really be considered having a sad past, when the bad things that happened to him were as an adult.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By RoboShark

@Freakologist said:

Spawn (Al Simmons)

His is pretty painful..I'd go with (in no order)

Wolverine

Magneto

Spawn

Castle

and imo Steve Rogers.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@mr_gone said:

Magneto. Between the holocaust, and then watching his daughter get burned alive for being half gypsy, i'd say he's had it pretty rough. Also, that's not counting all the crazy that's happened since his becoming magneto. Though to be fair, you can always find something sadder. i don't think there is a definitive answer here.

Yeah. Batman has NOTHING on Magneto's past.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mega_spidey01

sam & dean from the show supernatural.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By fodigg

@Vance Astro said:

I'm pretty sure they cut the rape out of canon. There was a scene in, I believe New Avengers, where she explains that he never abused her sexually, but reaffirms that it's not like that made it "ok" somehow considering all the other ways he abused her.

@BlackArmor said:

@ExtraLarge said:

Almost forgot - Spider-Man was also molested as a kid.

O_o

Yeah I don't recall that either.

@Osian2: Good point. It's easy to forget how rough Cyclops has had it. A lot of the X-Men have had it rough actually. Kinda the point of the "outcast" storyline for mutants I guess.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Osian2

@fodigg: It's probably because the mutants pasts are never brought up that often (unless you're Wolverine) that people foget about it. Jean witnessed the death of her friend, Rogue ran away at an early age after accidentally putting her boyfriend in a coma, Nightcrawler was hunted as a demon etc.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By fodigg

@Osian2 said:

@fodigg: It's probably because the mutants pasts are never brought up that often (unless you're Wolverine) that people foget about it. Jean witnessed the death of her friend, Rogue ran away at an early age after accidentally putting her boyfriend in a coma, Nightcrawler was hunted as a demon etc.

Yeah, and in Cyclops' case especially people look at the cool shades, the hot wife (wives), and his BMOC looks and think "How hard could he have had it?"

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By gravitypress

Punisher hands down for me.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#81  Edited By BatWatch

I feel really bad for Roy Harper pre-Flashpoint.

His daughter is killed, he turns back to heroine to ease the pain, he kills those responsible for his daughter's death, and his former friends lock him up for it.

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By rasx

Al Simons all he wanted was to be with Wanda and got screwed over for it.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@rasx said:

Al Simons all he wanted was to be with Wanda and got screwed over for it.

yes he did.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_gone said:

Magneto. Between the holocaust, and then watching his daughter get burned alive for being half gypsy, i'd say he's had it pretty rough. Also, that's not counting all the crazy that's happened since his becoming magneto. Though to be fair, you can always find something sadder. i don't think there is a definitive answer here.

i was going to say magneto for the same reason

Chevaliere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Chevaliere
@ExtraLarge said:
Spider-man. Orphaned at a young age. Uncle dies giving him a lifelong guilt trip. Hated by media manipulated public. True love killed by Green Goblin. Happy return of parents shattered when they are revealed to be robots. Best friend goes insane and becomes a goblin. Grieves over dead Aunt May until finding out it was fake Aunt May who died and real Aunt May had been imprisoned. Lost child. Marriage destroyed by Satan. I could probably go on awhile.

Technically, Spider-man killed Gwen Stacy.

Yeah, I know what it's like to have guilt.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Vance Astro said:

This has to be the answer. That's the worse it could get. :(

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jnr6Lil

People are confusing tragic pasts with tragic lives. Tragic pasts are about your childhood/teen years. At least that's what I'm thinking the OP means.

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@mr_gone said:

i was going to say magneto for the same reason

Magneto did have a tragic past, though he was mostly a villain.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By oraclefyre

Maybe Jessica Jones or Helena Bertinelli.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Vance Astro said:

Damn.

I think we have a winner. Damn.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By blackadamFTW

Red Tornado.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#91  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Snake-Eyes, Wolverine, Daredevil, off the top of my head.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hazlenaut

Sally Sonic proving that immortality can be very terrible thing. As time passes her family died after the years her teddy bear companion died. As her adventure ended she lived with an aunt that would put her in a cabinet for punishment. When Sonic Girl escaped she met man that drugged her with a mind control drug, which she became internet teenage stripper. She was later used for cheating with husbands or boyfriends of female super heroes. It was never said if she ever recovered from the mind controlled drug or she escaped the people that put that drug on her. Anyone ever kept up with her?

If she ever recovered than she lives a very tragic life than that memory will make it difficult to trust anyone.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BlackWind

Are you kidding? Batman's past is tame, and quite honestly that could have happened to you or me. There's far worse traumatic pasts and Batman's doesn't even rank.

@CitizenBane: At first I thought you were just screwing around about that cat. Then it got tragic.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Mega_spidey01
@ blackwind, but look at how he turned out if you watch batman beyond.
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BlackWind

@Mega_spidey01: And? What about it?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By 18hunt

Wolverine

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Obtrusive

Most depressing thread ever.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#98  Edited By Mezmero

Jonah Hex man. He got put through the ringer his whole life and doesn't even have any cool super powers to show for it other than the power of being super awesome.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Osian2 said:

Cyclops has had it pretty bad. Before becoming an x-man his parents died in a plane crash as he and his brother used the only parachute which caught fire. Scott gets brain damage from the fall and wakes up to hear that his brother is dead. He's told that he was in a coma for a year (in reality Mr. Sininister experimented on him for a year). Spends the rest of his childhood in an orphanage where Sinister (posed as a child) torments him and stops anyone from adopting Scott. His power manifests and is uncontrolable leaving him essentially blind. Jack o'diamonds adopts Scott and uses him as a weapon. All of this before he becomes an x-man and it just gets worse afterwards.

His father and brother turn up alive, the former being a space pirate and is now dead anyway. His wife Jean has died about 3 times now. His first wife Madelyn went insane and died. He had to send his son into the future as a baby to save him from the TO virus only for him to come back forty years older and estranged. He merged with Apocalypse and suffered for six months with the x-men all gave up hope on him. Perhaps worst of all was when he found out he had a half brother called Gabriel who he trained with to save the original 5 x-men. The mission ended badly with Gabriel seemingly dying so Prof X erased all memories of Gabriel from Scotts mind so he could get on with the mission.

Pretty tragic if you ask me.

Yeah this. lol how tragic can you get, eh ?

Also, why not mention Guts from Berserk ? Yeah it's a Manga, but damn son. That guy has had a bad childhood, to say the least lol.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Hazlenaut

The Zoo crew they had universe destroyed and when they came to usual universe of the DC characters. they not as lucky like characters Powergirl because they changed to regular animals. We don’t know if they are aware or not.