• 59 results
#1 Posted by JJ62 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by JJ62 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

They've always seemed like equals to me, they're both prowling night vigilantes abd both are equally skilled martial artists and both have some of the most interesting stories ever.and both have awesome costumes.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd just about go for Daredevil.

#4 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

Sophie's choice lol...I'm taking daredevil because I enjoy marvel more but batman is dc's best IMHO.

#5 Posted by goblin123 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is smarter... and his use of psychological warfare and gadgets is more interesting.

#6 Posted by cooljammy18 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

Like both a lot, but I prefer Daredevil.

#7 Posted by HushoftheWind (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is a little bit more light hearted like Nightwing. I love Batman but i also like DD so its all on preference. I've have to Batman though even though DD sporting better story writing now.

#8 Posted by dondave (41356 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#9 Posted by JonSmith (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Daredevil, and has, in my opinion, a more interesting history. Going with Daredevil. Also, I find it immensely amusing that literally EVERYONE knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil, and he gets a ton of benefits from it, but he still maintains the appearance of NOT being Daredevil. Generally through the use of clever disguises and precise timing, using the utmost subtlety to cast doubt. Like this:

#10 Posted by theONEtaichou (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman... besides the PIS instances, I prefer Batman. Truthfully I prefer Bruce because his type of super-heroism is actually more attainable, the curtain between fantasy and reality is far thinner with respect to the Batman mythology, thus giving me the sense that in all fact I could, I can be a batman. Add in the morality of the character and the combination seems more potent to boot

#11 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (5273 posts) - - Show Bio

This is definitely not a battle.
#12 Posted by longbowhunter (9406 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a Batman fan since the mid 80's so I pick him. But over the last 6 years or so I've become a huge Daredevil fan. Both characters are in my top 5 favorite superheros.

#13 Posted by GhostRider2 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (40489 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

#15 Posted by Xwraith (33530 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know nearly enough about Daredevil (all I do know is that he's a blind, Catholic lawyer), so I'll have to pick Batman.

#16 Posted by MrDirector786 (43954 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Batman

#17 Posted by xtremekidx (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

I really like Daredevil, and has, in my opinion, a more interesting history. Going with Daredevil. Also, I find it immensely amusing that literally EVERYONE knows Matt Murdock is Daredevil, and he gets a ton of benefits from it, but he still maintains the appearance of NOT being Daredevil. Generally through the use of clever disguises and precise timing, using the utmost subtlety to cast doubt. Like this:

this seems interesting,though i have never tried DD

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
#18 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (810 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has grown on me over the years, mostly from his tie ins with The Punisher.

But it's the God damn Batman so...

Batman

#19 Posted by TheCannon (20267 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the writer for both. Both can be written brilliantly (Batman: Hush for Batman or anything by Frank Miller for Daredevil are good examples), and both can be written horrible (can't think of any examples off the top of my head).

I'll say Daredevil, simply because I hate how people overate EVERYTHING Batman related (except for something that deserves the acclaim, then there's people out there who trash it)

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
#20 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@dondave said:

Batman

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
#21 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Daredevil, but I have to go with Batman on this one.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#22 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (7396 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will always win debates like this due to his popularity. I love Batman and Daredevil. But without a doubt since Daredevils Marvel Knights run beginning with Kevin Smith, Bendis, Brubaker and now Mark Waids run it's hard to argue that Batman has had better stories than Daredevil.

#23 Posted by time1 (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is cool and everything but Batman is better.

#24 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#25 Posted by BlackWind (9778 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Depends on the writer for both. Both can be written brilliantly (Batman: Hush for Batman or anything by Frank Miller for Daredevil are good examples), and both can be written horrible (can't think of any examples off the top of my head).

I'll say Daredevil, simply because I hate how people overate EVERYTHING Batman related (except for something that deserves the acclaim, then there's people out there who trash it)

Basically this.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (15747 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil of course for me

#27 Posted by Immortal777 (9602 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#28 Posted by fury714 (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. :)

Avatar image for timelordscience
#29 Posted by TimeLordScience (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Can a long time Daredevil fan explain to me the significance of his Catholicism? I started reading under Waid, who hasn't remarked upon it.

#30 Posted by CerealKiller (169 posts) - - Show Bio

daredevil

#31 Posted by Ren_ (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

@TimeLordScience said:

Can a long time Daredevil fan explain to me the significance of his Catholicism? I started reading under Waid, who hasn't remarked upon it.

or would be the guys to ask.

#32 Posted by Ferro Vida (34318 posts) - - Show Bio

@TimeLordScience said:

Matt's father raised him Catholic, and his mother is a nun. Many of his biggest stories examine the strain his double life puts on his faith, or on faith in general. It's also humorous because he chooses to dress as the devil despite being a man of God. More recent comics tend to emphasize it less than Frank Miller or Kevin Smith did.

Avatar image for timelordscience
#33 Edited by TimeLordScience (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ren_: thanks (:

@Ferro Vida: All right thanks for the help. Is his religion part of "Born Again" or is that a coincidental title?

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
#34 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (764 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, Hornhead. Batman on this one! but not by much.

#35 Posted by dtschemmel (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: His uprising is way better. I agree. Reading Daredevil:Father is amazing.

#36 Posted by Bruxae (18147 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman by far, only the anti-mainstream guys will say otherwise.

#37 Posted by tupiaz (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind said:

Daredevil is a little bit more light hearted like Nightwing. I love Batman but i also like DD so its all on preference. I've have to Batman though even though DD sporting better story writing now.

It depends on the story, time line. For the moment yeah, but Dare3devil have had many periods that has been as dark as batman's life.

#38 Posted by Cap10nate (3627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

Batman by far, only the anti-mainstream guys will say otherwise.

As someone who just about exclusively reads mainstream comics . . . I still prefer Daredevil. I love the runs that Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker did on the character as well as the current run by Waid. I also like Matt Murdock better than Bruce Wayne.

#39 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Better villains, better environment, more developed mythos.

#40 Posted by Chronus (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#41 Posted by comicace3 (10899 posts) - - Show Bio

... Batman

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7472 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#43 Edited by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'm a bit jaded with Batman from all the "Batman always wins" comments I see around the Internet. His animated series helped cement DC's current success (which I enjoyed immensely as a kid), but I'm going to have to go with Daredevil. I've read quite a bit of Batman and struggle to make myself enjoy it. I've read one Daredevil comic and am hooked already.

#44 Posted by deaditegonzo (4168 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, especially in a bright yellow costume.

Avatar image for MadeinBangladesh
#45 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

BOTH

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
#46 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil rules the roost here. He has a more open way about him. Batman's all closed up and untouchable, the 'perfect" human, with faults of course (part of what makes him "perfect"). His paranoia/preparation is a little to obsessive for me. Yes DD gets that way sometimes but he doesn't have a plan for every hero out there. He can however think quick in battle and come up with a solution to beating tougher foes on the fly. Batman can to, just not in the same fashion IMO.

DD's just funner.

Rambling over.

#47 Posted by Dreadmaster (16257 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by PowerHerc (86171 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#49 Posted by bob808 (6846 posts) - - Show Bio
2998171-tumblr_mjyzbrwhih1ryctvko1_500.png

Red Batman

#50 Posted by gotwillpower (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bruce Wayne more than Matt Murdock. But I like Daredevil more than Batman. It's weird.