Where did the myth that Deathstroke beats Batman more come from?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@nerevarine_11:

"Lmao so I'm a wanker for saying one is objectively better in a fight?"

So I'm a wanker for saying one is objectively better in a fight?

"This is you right now isn't it? Enter dank meme here"

Lol that meme is a great way to express how you feel bro. Lmao

"Don't you know man?

Batman can beat Slade in a random encounter all the time, even though Batman has been owned by him, Bronze Tiger and Lady Shiva too.

Batman can beat anybody in H2H. Even Karate Kid or Iron Fist."

You actually gave me an idea.

And Batman has already beaten Shiva. Lmao

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@elijah_c_washington: I already told you I had some arguments up my sleeve. But I realllly wasn't in the mood to argue with you. Plus I got some new ideas so yeah let's finish this bruh

"I know what you said, I even quoted it. You called it PIS. Disregarding my explanation of why it wasn't, you still have yet to prove why Batman should win - let alone easily - under such circumstances."

I did. "Yeah, it is PIS. Being overly confident makes you overly reckless. Which would in turn make you fall into traps more. You just admitted he underestimated Batman and its just blatantly obvious he is too overly confident about it. Batman should have gotten that win of easily due to all the points you said if DS losing his mind or whatever you said. Batman should have taken this by a landslide. His skill outweighs the physique by a mile."

I explained it all to you. I broke down why he should have easily taken that. What more proof could you need? Lol

"Especially one that involves comparing Damian Wayne to Deathstroke."

No one was comparing them to begin with. What are you talking about? Lol

"Damian isn't very relevant to this topic to begin with. This is bordering on red herring territory. I'll let you know when we officially cross over."

I wasn't even trying ti make Damien relevant at all. I was literally only comparing the situations. The situation that 1 person out does the other by a long shot, but if it's written the other one(the one that isn't as good) wins by some bullsh**, it's PIS. Just ignore the whole Damian part if you have too.

"Damian Wayne isn't comparable to Deathstroke. Slade completely blows past him in all relevant areas, which I am capable of proving extensively."

Why? Why are you still comparing Damian to DS? I never compared them. You did.

"Damian doesn't have the history of contending with Bruce that Slade does. Him beating Bruce once isn't the same as Slade beating him again."

Look! Look. Don't-- just IGNORE the people involved because for some reason you're still comparing them.

"There are way too many differences between Damian and Slade for your analogy to hold. To name a few, Slade is much more experienced, much more physically powerful, and has completely different morals."

Still comparing... -_- XD

"This isn't at all what you were trying to prove, but it is fundamental to what you said."

Then literally, like 5 of your bullets were useless. And It's not fundamental at all. If I removed the names,(removed Batman and Damian) and left the characters as a mystery, maybe titled as person 1 and person 2, I bet you wouldn't be comparing. So why are you comparing? I'm strictly comparing ONLY the situation. Not the characters. Lol

"This is an especially pointless, very explicit red herring. I've stated several times throughout this thread that Batman is indeed more technically skilled than Deathstroke."

Great. Now combine that with this:

"Yeah, it is PIS. Being overly confident makes you overly reckless. Which would in turn make you fall into traps more. You just admitted he underestimated Batman and its just blatantly obvious he is too overly confident about it. Batman should have gotten that win of easily due to all the points you said if DS losing his mind or whatever you said. Batman should have taken this by a landslide. His skill outweighs the physique by a mile."

And you get the reason Batman should have easily taken DS out. Batman isn't someone DS can just "oh I'm gonna slack off like he's robin". Because that would have and absolutely should have resulted in a clean KO.

"Secondly, you did say that current Batman would 'demolish' Slade,"

True. And I admit it was a stretch. But forget the million other times I said "it should be 50/50!" let's just recall the 1 and only time I said something else.

"Don't mistake this for me giving up, though. I'm game if you are."

Still game too. Lol ignore the comment I made saying "ok I'm done". Cause I do think I gave up waay too early.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Eh. But his physique isn't all that much better than Batmans. The gap in skill between them(Batman being the better one) far out does the gap in physique. But I see whatcha mean

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: I haven't forgotten or given up. I just don't spend much time on Comic Vine during the weekend. I'll get around to this pretty soon.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: ...

I did. "Yeah, it is PIS. Being overly confident makes you overly reckless. Which would in turn make you fall into traps more. You just admitted he underestimated Batman and its just blatantly obvious he is too overly confident about it. Batman should have gotten that win of easily due to all the points you said if DS losing his mind or whatever you said. Batman should have taken this by a landslide. His skill outweighs the physique by a mile."

I explained it all to you. I broke down why he should have easily taken that. What more proof could you need? Lol

The word 'prove' was italicized for a reason. This was your argument, but I already addressed it, even dismantling with the specific context of that fight. I've also addressed the skill > physicals thing extensively. That is your opinion, not a given. The opposite is actually a recurring theme in their fights, which is something I brought up that you haven't properly countered.

No one was comparing them to begin with. What are you talking about? Lol

When I brought up the fact that yoru argument that Bruce's skill outdoes Slade's physicals, you said "That's like if Damian managed to outdo Batman in a spar...", which is a direct comparison between Damian and Deathstroke.

I was literally only comparing the situations. The situation that 1 person out does the other by a long shot, but if it's written the other one(the one that isn't as good) wins by some bullsh**, it's PIS.

Which, like I said, isn't the same scenario. The 'bullshit' that Deathstroke won by way his physicals, which is consistent with his showings against Batman, among others. Saying that that's the same as Damian or Person X defeating Batman in a spar just doesn't hold.

If I removed the names,(removed Batman and Damian) and left the characters as a mystery, maybe titled as person 1 and person 2, I bet you wouldn't be comparing.

Actually, I would counter that by saying X beating Y even though Y is far more skilled isn't a comparable scenario to Deathstroke beating Batman, due to the fact that Slade has several advantages of his own, which have been shown and even outright stated to outweigh Bruce's skill to begin with. Using Damian as an example doesn't hold at all for reasons already explained. Using X and Y doesn't begin to prove anything.

I'm strictly comparing ONLY the situation.

Then make the situation the same. Come on, man.

Great. Now combine that with this:

"Yeah, it is PIS. Being overly confident makes you overly reckless. Which would in turn make you fall into traps more. You just admitted he underestimated Batman and its just blatantly obvious he is too overly confident about it. Batman should have gotten that win of easily due to all the points you said if DS losing his mind or whatever you said. Batman should have taken this by a landslide. His skill outweighs the physique by a mile."

And you get the reason Batman should have easily taken DS out. Batman isn't someone DS can just "oh I'm gonna slack off like he's robin". Because that would have and absolutely should have resulted in a clean KO.

Except, like I've previously stated, Bruce had to engage Slade physically every time. He had no other option. Hand-to-hand between the two has consistently been shown to favor Slade. Until you bring something new to the argument, we're done here.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard gear or h2h, I've always believed Batman should win a majority against Slade. That's looking at feats, stats, and statements. The bottom line for me is, Batman is unequivocally smarter than him, more skilled, and historically has shown a stronger will to win.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There will always be someone who's better than you..In Batman's case, that's Deathstroke. Using a thug as an argument against Deathstroke just looks like lowballing. Darkseid's been mugged before and Thanos got beaten by a kid with the cosmic cube..Using lowballing doesn't mean the characters aren't some of the most dangerous beings around. Unless it's with help or PIS, Deathstroke's had Batman's number more than vice versa. Not sure why that's something that's hard to swallow..Deathstroke's awesome

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@solid_snake97 said:

Oh boy this thread again.

Don't you know man?

Batman can beat Slade in a random encounter all the time, even though Batman has been owned by him, Bronze Tiger and Lady Shiva too.

Batman can beat anybody in H2H. Even Karate Kid or Iron Fist.

Batman has never lost to Shiva or Tiger, nice try though and yeah he can beat Iron Fist in h2h.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By entropy_aegis
Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I know he's never lost to Shiva, but Tiger also?

Yeah, Tiger kicked him 40 years ago and that's pretty much the only thing of note he ever did which his fans/Batman detractors blow out of proportion. In the actual fight Batman had the upper hand prompting the Sensei's men to interrupt the fight.

@entropy_aegis said:
@solid_snake97 said:

@entropy_aegis: beating Iron Fist? lol

H2h, no chi or weapons, yeah he can do it.

Not a chance.

Says you.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman has never lost to Shiva or Tiger.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Try not to choke on your foot :)

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington:

"The word 'prove' was italicized for a reason. This was your argument, but I already addressed it, even dismantling with the specific context of that fight. I've also addressed the skill > physicals thing extensively. That is your opinion, not a given. The opposite is actually a recurring theme in their fights, which is something I brought up that you haven't properly countered."

I see you using their fights as proof, which makes sense but those fights(some) are PIS. Because Slade should not be able to hold back to any degree and do as well as he did. And I'm nit even being bias because if Batman did the same I'd call out the PIS and I'm sure you'd do the same. Batman may be physically weaker but he is most definitely not too far behind Deathstroke. You also say that DS skill plus his physical prowess puts him above Batman in skill as shown in their fights but that's not true. As shown by feats they aren't that far a gap in physical prowess for DS physical abilities to give him such an advantage in skill despite Batman taking actual skill by a long shot. You'll go back to the fights card which I'll say is PIS yet again. That rooftop fight was the most accurate when considering all of their abilities. On a list, DS and Batman are pretty close to each other. Maybe even equals since Batman has the tech and skill but DS has the physical prowess and the will to kill. And since they're so close to each other, there's no way DS can slack off like he did like he wasn't fighting Batman. Only way I see DS holding back is if he fights defensively. But he did it to a point he just didn't give a damn.

"When I brought up the fact that yoru argument that Bruce's skill outdoes Slade's physicals, you said "That's like if Damian managed to outdo Batman in a spar...", which is a direct comparison between Damian and Deathstroke."

True. So scratch that. Instead of "that's like saying if..", remove the "That's like saying" part, and leave the "if..." part. And there. You should have a separate non comparable scenario.

"Except, like I've previously stated, Bruce had to engage Slade physically every time. He had no other option. Hand-to-hand between the two has consistently been shown to favor Slade."

Which I have argued and will argue is PIS. And it's not even really a subjective conclusion. If you seriously compare their feats(besides the obviously PIS ones),they are very close in many things except DS has the slight edge in physicals which isn't as big a gap as Batmans take in skill advantage.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By entropy_aegis

@nerevarine_11 said:

@entropy_aegis:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman has never lost to Shiva or Tiger.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Try not to choke on your foot :)

Instead of posting silly gifs that only succeed in making you look cheap how about you actually read those comics. For one you never posted a scan of Shiva, Batman has ONE SHOTTED her, you also didn't post a scan of the time Batman owned Bronze Tiger with one hit.

Now addressing your scans, the first scan is from over 40 years ago, he kicked a completely different Batman and then ran. In the actual fight he was LOSING that's why the Sensei's mean interfered, I mentioned this already. The second scan is a SPAR and in the same arc this Bronze Tiger got whooped by Catwoman. Bronze Tiger doesn't even have feats to suggest he could beat Nightwing or Jason Todd much less Batman and there's a good chance Bane might end up ripping him limb from limb next week.

Take your trolling elsewhere.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By HighAccuser

Instead of posting silly gifs that only succeed in making you look cheap how about you actually read those comics. For one you never posted a scan of Shiva, Batman has ONE SHOTTED her, you also didn't post a scan of the time Batman owned Bronze Tiger with one hit.

The gifs are there for levity and to emphasize your staggering humiliation. Don't get triggered.

Took you long enough to spew this....mess. Whew we got a doozy over here.

I posted scans for BT because at that moment I was only preoccupied with finding those as I had to recall the comics they came from by memory. However I will post scans of Shiva beating Batman tomorrow until you find whatever way to deny it otherwise.

Oh you mean in the Loeb run which everybody and their mothers has acknowledged as bad writing especially when Superman one shot Mongul Jr in the same comic and they had a plethora of villains coming after them?

How bout you read the comics son. Pot meets kettle.

Point being you stated BT has never beat Batman. I posted a scan of him beating BM twice and you use Looney Tunes level mental gymnastics to drive home the point you have zero idea what you're talking about.

What a laughing stock you are. Or have been. Moving on.

Now addressing your scans, the first scan is from over 40 years ago, he kicked a completely different Batman and then ran

Oh yeah, again justify it whatever way you want man. You're not helping this...well faltering argument here. He beat Batman regardless of what YOU want to think or have deluded yourself into thinking. Batman even admits it himself.

In the actual fight he was LOSING that's why the Sensei's mean interfered, I mentioned this already.

First of its "men" gotta correct that spelling, secondly regardless of what BT did afterwards...

He.

Still.

Beat.

Batman.

We got that out of the way. Cool?

Cool.

The second scan is a SPAR and in the same arc this Bronze Tiger got whooped by Catwoman.

>implying an opponent can't be beaten in a sparring match when many things have proven otherwise.

BT still beat Batman here? So wheres your logic coming from? Is it because you don't wanna believe it or....idk.

Take your poor arguments elsewhere.

No wait don't. I need a source of comedy.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BatmanPlusJay
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gifs are there for levity and to emphasize your staggering humiliation. Don't get triggered.

Took you long enough to spew this....mess. Whew we got a doozy over here.

I posted scans for BT because at that moment I was only preoccupied with finding those as I had to recall the comics they came from by memory. However I will post scans of Shiva beating Batman tomorrow until you find whatever way to deny it otherwise.

Oh you mean in the Loeb run which everybody and their mothers has acknowledged as bad writing especially when Superman one shot Mongul Jr in the same comic and they had a plethora of villains coming after them?

How bout you read the comics son. Pot meets kettle.

Point being you stated BT has never beat Batman. I posted a scan of him beating BM twice and you use Looney Tunes level mental gymnastics to drive home the point you have zero idea what you're talking about.

What a laughing stock you are. Or have been. Moving on.

Now addressing your scans, the first scan is from over 40 years ago, he kicked a completely different Batman and then ran

Oh yeah, again justify it whatever way you want man. You're not helping this...well faltering argument here. He beat Batman regardless of what YOU want to think or have deluded yourself into thinking. Batman even admits it himself.

In the actual fight he was LOSING that's why the Sensei's mean interfered, I mentioned this already.

First of its "men" gotta correct that spelling, secondly regardless of what BT did afterwards...

He.

Still.

Beat.

Batman.

We got that out of the way. Cool?

Cool.

The second scan is a SPAR and in the same arc this Bronze Tiger got whooped by Catwoman.

>implying an opponent can't be beaten in a sparring match when many things have proven otherwise.

BT still beat Batman here? So wheres your logic coming from? Is it because you don't wanna believe it or....idk.

Take your poor arguments elsewhere.

No wait don't. I need a source of comedy.

Oh so it's bad writing when Shiva loses ? whose playing the Loony Toons gymnastics again? it happened period, deal with it.

You posted scans out of context, you refused to clarify the situation in which they took place, you refused to show what happened in those very story lines later on. Your definition of Batman "losing" is Tiger landing a kick and knocking him off his feet in a friendly spar. Blatant lowballing and out of context scans.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By HighAccuser

@batmanplusjay: The irony being saying it also applies to you.

I've seen your triggered posts around here so its no surprise to me.

Edit: Oh I also enjoy how @elijah_c_washington has dismantled all your points lmao.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@nerevarine_11: Yeah, that's nice. Don't try to change the subject. Go ahead and take your L with @entropy_aegis he debunked your crap. So hop to it. Lmao

This mosquito tryna buzz his way out of his ass whippin. Get back to that L son. XD

Oh and FYI: Difference is I'm pretty cool with people majority of the time. Unless I think they take jabs at me. You just act like an a-hole just for the sake of being one.

"I've seen your triggered posts around here so its no surprise to me" - nerevarine_11 2016.

When people lie.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: What is this long, childish, horrifically spelled wall of text?

How old are you? Legit question.

Entropy didn't dismantle anything.

Also calling people an asshole? you know insults like that are against the sites rules right?

Its cool. It kinda shows your age lol.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@nerevarine_11:

"What is this long, childish, horrifically spelled wall of text?"

Don't know. You wrote it. I kinda asked myself the same when I read your comment.

"How old are you? Legit question."

1. Weird question.

2. Why would it matter? Let's assume you're a 30 year old man on forums talking sh**. Why are you spending a lot of your time here?

"Entropy didn't dismantle anything."

He dismantled everything. Don't try changing the subject, lose your focus on me and get back to taking your Loss. Or of course you can completely ignore his counter-argument and be seen as a quitter, eh, your choice.

"Also calling people an asshole? you know insults like that are against the sites rules right?"

Ok. Then you're a very very very mean person. :(

"Its cool. It kinda shows your age lol."

Well apparently you're a psychic. Now you can get back to being an A-hole, or in this case a very very very mean person. Honestly, acting the way you do *and* being grown(I assume) isn't something to be proud about. Lmao I'd actually give you the benefit of the doubt if you were still a teen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ugh. Screw Deathstroke and his boring nonsense.

His stupid orange mask. For some reason he annoys me. Batman is better, Deathstroke is just enhanced.

*waits for triggers*

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are equal - Period

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By jashro44

They are not equals.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Barring that recent BS from King, Slade has always been Batman's superior and has bested him in nearly every encounter they have had.

Do the math.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@batmanplusjay: Mastering "every martial art in existence" is extremely redundant and utter non-sense as a skill feat.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol do fanboys still believe that Batman learned EVERY form of martial arts in the world?

So pathetic, yet hilarious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not an expert on either, but it seems hardcore comic fans (the ones on this site) simply despise Batman because of his popularity.

It's rather annoying to see on every Batman thread tbh

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not an expert on either, but it seems hardcore comic fans (the ones on this site) simply despise Batman because of his popularity.

It's rather annoying to see on every Batman thread tbh

Agreed.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Slade should win the majority of there fights.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean even if he hasn't he should... Batman reasonably cannot even touch Slade. Which is why when I am using characters from other verses against batman and people use Slade as his experience for similar level combatants it just seems weird because last I checked Slade is superior to him in every way.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well can someone explain this scan here?

No Caption Provided

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo: ... what does that fight prove? Deathstroke isn't even trying or fighting in that panel.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo: I heard that Deadshot and Deathstroke were fighting each other for days until Batman stepped in.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo: I heard that Deadshot and Deathstroke were fighting each other for days until Batman stepped in.

I thought Deathstroke couldn't fatigue though? Also, does that mean Deadshot=Deathstroke now? That seems like either a buff to Deadshot or a nerf to DS.

@force_echo: ... what does that fight prove? Deathstroke isn't even trying or fighting in that panel.

He clearly is- you see his sword attempting to strike Batman, he also then immediately follows up with a knee. It appears as though both of them got beat down by Batman pretty easily. In any case, I'm just trying to find the context for this, does anyone know which comic this is from?

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Prezilla

Lol do fanboys still believe that Batman learned EVERY form of martial arts in the world?

So pathetic, yet hilarious.

You act like batman is real lol. Its been stated that he's mastered over 120 different martial arts, doesn't mean its realistic..

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I've now read the story in Batman #28. This whole arc is nonsensical. Apparently there's a city-wide war between Joker and the Riddler? And not even the US Military can stop it? Just all kinds of stupid- like a couple of Gotham thugs would be able to take out US JSOC forces. Not only that, King's writing is just bad in general, and both Joker and Riddler are completely out of character- written like generic crime bosses.

But anyways, putting bad storytelling aside, this takes place in Batman's early career (right after Year 0), but the comic explicitly states that Deadshot is equal to Deathstroke (they even depicted them fighting close range). Which is interesting because I thought Deathstroke was a league and a half above Deadshot. But yeah, Deadshot and Deathstroke were fighting for 5 days straight before being found by Batman. However I feel like even that being the case, Slade shouldn't have been particularly fatigued if an unenhanced human- Deadshot- was still fighting at the end of that period.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points