What's going on with Kaine Parker..?

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty self-explanatory, I know Kaines alive and no longer has the Other (which totally sucks..) so he no doubt has dropped in power a bit.

But what's going in with him?

Is he still "dying"?

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill comment on this to bump it up as well because I am also curious about this answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-6244903497821
deactivated-6244903497821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 560

sucks how no one has answered yet.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He is still dying right now, but I'm thinking he will be cured by the end of the Clone Conspiracy event by whatever Peter does to stop the Carrion virus.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's going on with Kaine?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992

Not sure he survived the Clone Conspiracy but ever since Slott got his claws into him in the "Inheritors" arc he's been going downhill :(

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider1992: can you check this out

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/martial-arts-battle-royal-1831757/?page=2

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: he survived the clone conspiracy an his body degradation has slowed I don't think it has stopped tho

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By blackspidey2099

I think his cellular degeneration was cured, and now he is going after Ben Reilly to make him pay for the events of Clone Conspiracy. His relationship with Peter is also much more fragile now.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, does he have a newer power set? Without the Other he is less powerful

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Thanks, does he have a newer power set? Without the Other he is less powerful?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Thanks, does he have a newer power set? Without the Other he is less powerful?

He hasn't really done much to say. He probably is less powerful without the Other though - so same powers are Peter usually has, I'd guess.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@supermanwithatan01 said:

He hasn't really done much to say. He probably is less powerful without the Other though - so same powers are Peter usually has, I'd guess.

When Kaine was first introduced his base power levels were far beyond Peter's and Reilly's. His natural strength without the other is still a hundred tons.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I don't think Kaine was ever a hundred tonner. Not sure though, I'm rusty (thankfully) on Clone Saga stuff.

I think Spider-Island changed Kaine into a normal Peter clone (still decays for some reason).

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ursaber

@ursaber: I don't think Kaine was ever a hundred tonner. Not sure though, I'm rusty (thankfully) on Clone Saga stuff.

I think Spider-Island changed Kaine into a normal Peter clone (still decays for some reason).

Well, its true his powers were reset. However his strength gradually increased exponentially after that. In Superior Spider Man, SpOck even admitted that Kaine was noticeably stronger than him.

Right now he's probably at his weakest after Clone Conspiracy.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: he was as his most powerful when Ascended, which I loved that extra gear. Now he doesn't have it. Without it, and no spidersense and lacking Peter-esque agility, he's definitely dropped a couple notches.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: he was as his most powerful when Ascended, which I loved that extra gear. Now he doesn't have it. Without it, and no spidersense and lacking Peter-esque agility, he's definitely dropped a couple notches.

Indeed. Lack of Spider Sense would make anyone significantly weaker. Still his physical strength was greater than Peter's even after being reset and even after losing his Other powers. Other than that Peter was his superior.

Not to mention that he's even weaker now after Clone Conspiracy left him all Deadpool-y.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Yeah but what makes you think he was a hundred tonner?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

When Kaine was first introduced his base power levels were far beyond Peter's and Reilly's. His natural strength without the other is still a hundred tons.

Wasn't that a side effect of the cellular degeneration? Like, after Spider-Island cured him and before he got the Other, he wasn't any more powerful than Peter, was he?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was back then during the Clone Saga. His strength was phenomenal as he was able to overwhelm the combined forces of Spider Man, Scarlet Spider and Spidercide. I can't remember the official handbook or character profile, but back then when he wore his dark suit and purple cape, he was stated to lift up to a hundred tons.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ursaber

@ursaber said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

Wasn't that a side effect of the cellular degeneration? Like, after Spider-Island cured him and before he got the Other, he wasn't any more powerful than Peter, was he?

This was before the reset. Originally he was the strongest spider person. However in the 2000's as you stated he was cured, he got the Other powers but he lost his hundred ton power. Still his physical strength remained greater than normal Spider Man. Even SpOck admitted that Kaine was noticeably stronger than him during Superior Spider Man.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish he still had the other or they would at least give him a spider sense and some upgrades..

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@blackspidey2099 said:
@ursaber said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

This was before the reset. Originally he was the strongest spider person. However in the 2000's as you stated he was cured, he got the Other powers but he lost his hundred ton power. Still his physical strength remained greater than normal Spider Man. Even SpOck admitted that Kaine was noticeably stronger than him during Superior Spider Man.

During Superior Spider-Man he had the Other powers....

Before getting the Other powers and after being cured of cellular degeneration, he should have been physically equivalent to Peter. There was no reset...

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By amazingfantasy

@blackspidey2099: I don't think there was ever an full explanation for his strength in classic times (or lack off, afterwards.). In Grim Hunt for example he seemed pretty weak and he was still degenerating by then. Plus as we know he's degenerating again and still, nothing special.

---
Random thought, Kaine was cured in Spider-Island... Which was before he got his The Other powers. But Slott retconned it to being The Other powers all along (then again, he always did have the stingers... So the cure didn't really do anything to him? What was the point of that then, Slott? lol) And if The Other truly is dead... Then how did Kaine got back to life again?! What... :p

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well please keep me updated on his levels if you guys would

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still dying

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: seriously? That's garbage Marvel should have let him keep the Other

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@ursaber said:
@rabumalal said:

It was back then during the Clone Saga. His strength was phenomenal as he was able to overwhelm the combined forces of Spider Man, Scarlet Spider and Spidercide. I can't remember the official handbook or character profile, but back then when he wore his dark suit and purple, he was stated to lift up to a hundred tons.

He also out muscled Rhino and KO'd him with brute force. Rhino is a confirmed 80 tonner I believe. Classic Kaine also went toe on toe with Carnage breifly.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time I saw Kaine he was suppose to be getting cured. After his trips through the other dimensions, with Spider-Gwen if I'm not mistaken, they found a cure or found a way to get a cure made but he's not been seen since.

I'm not sure what the point of removing the Other from him was. Now he's back to regular old Kaine whereas he was one of my favorite Spider-men when he was running around turning into the Other

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup: I agree, the "Ascended Kaine" with Other powers made him unique and gave him a whole new level. It was badass and he was quickly becoming one of my favorites, then they took the Other AND his powers..

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@rabumalal said:

It was back then during the Clone Saga. His strength was phenomenal as he was able to overwhelm the combined forces of Spider Man, Scarlet Spider and Spidercide. I can't remember the official handbook or character profile, but back then when he wore his dark suit and purple cape, he was stated to lift up to a hundred tons.

I never could get myself to read clone saga, do you have any scans?