Jiraya is more of a foster father imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are we sure Bardock was heroic? I mean yeah, he tried to save his people but he was still doing the same conquering the other Saiyans did unless I'm forgetting.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are in two completely different leagues power wise

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Yassassin

Not much at all. Contrary to popular belief, only One Piece really drew most of its inspiration from DB, while Naruto and Bleach borrowed more heavily from Togashi works. Most of the similarities fount in Naruto and Bleach, especially Bleach, are superficial, exaggerated, common in manga, or just wrong (lol at Bardock being a heroic Father).

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure eating habit and heroic father aren't accurate.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

Not much at all. Contrary to popular belief, only One Piece really drew most of its inspiration from DB, while Naruto and Bleach borrowed more heavily from Togashi works. Most of the similarities fount in Naruto and Bleach, especially Bleach, are superficial, exaggerated, common in manga, or just wrong (lol at Bardock being a heroic Father).

The first Tankoubon issues of Naruto had a couple pages of Kishimoto talking about himself, IIRC he said that when he came up with Naruto he was influenced by Final Fantasy and Dragon Ball, ill try to look for it.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlueHope

@tvc-15 said:

Akira Toryiama works were the main inspiration of Kishimoto to became a mangaka so we can assume it was one of the biggest sources in Naruto creation.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bluehope said:

@tvc-15 said:

Akira Toryiama works were the main inspiration of Kishimoto to became a mangaka so we can assume it was one of the biggest sources in Naruto creation.

Even though they share vastly different story structures, characters, plot, art style, backgrounds, worlds, and etc. I mean Morikawa Jyoji inspired Kentaro Miura, he was even his assitant, but Berserk ain't much like Hajime no Ippo is it?

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:
@bluehope said:

@tvc-15 said:

Even though they share vastly different story structures, characters, plot, art style, backgrounds, worlds, and etc. I mean Morikawa Jyoji inspired Kentaro Miura, he was even his assitant, but Berserk ain't much like Hajime no Ippo is it?

Yeah you have point, Kishimoto said that Goku inspired him to make Naruto "simple and stupid" probably to make him likeable for kids but besides that any similarity would be coincidence and that he tried to make Naruto the more unique possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are mostly generic anime tropes.

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lack of intelligence.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Naruto doesn't have an eating habit he just loves ramen.

Who doesn't have a power up? Pretty sure that didn't orginate from DBZ

Sphere power is reaching because every main character in shonen had to have something special that made them stick out

Iruka wasn't really his foster father that definitely goes to Jiraiya.

The color scheme I think he did say he went for similarities but don't remember.

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marc_55

These are extremely superficial, and some are flat out wrong.

Bardock is not heroic, he was a Saiyan warrior like all the rest. He simply did what any person would do if they found out someone was going to betray their race, and destroy their planet.

Naruto doesn't have an extreme eating habit, he simply loves ramen. Also, that's a saiyan trait, to the point even half-saiyans have it, it's not specific to Goku.

Transformations and power ups didn't originate with DBZ, that simple.

Sphere power makes no sense, since the KMHMH is a beam, not a sphere. Also, most ki blasts are that shape intially. Hell, you have a better case with Big Bang Attack, since it stays a sphere after firing.

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are mostly generic anime tropes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 the_stegman  Moderator
mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Lists extremely common anime tropes*

Oh my gawd they're so similar! Naruto ripped off Goku!

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc_55:

1. This is the definition of a Hero; a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. Charged into Frieza knowing damn well he wasn't going to win reguardless if his people would not support him.

2. Yea I'd agree with this one.

3. He never said they did

4. Genki Dam, Big Bang, Normal Ki Blast

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marc_55

@beast_mode999: Bardock is not a hero, not even to his own people. He didn't think he would die, he actually tried to win that fight. All this means is he didn't want to die, that doesn't change the fact that he was a race destroying space pirate.

Picture this, he wins, then what do the Saiyans do afterwards? They would just continue conquering planets, like they always have.

The implications is because they have power ups, they're similar, that makes 0 sense. Any action anime has power ups, does that mean every main character is suddenly similar to Naruto? If you read my post, you'll see that I said some are superficial, this is one.

The "sphere power" is another superficial one. I said you had a better case, but not a good case. None of those moves work in similar ways, nor do they have anything that would make this comparison fit.

So, as I said before, either wrong or extremely superficial.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By houseshm

*Lists extremely common anime tropes*

Oh my gawd they're so similar! Naruto ripped off Goku!

krillin too

No Caption Provided

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only two that are accurate are pervert hermit master and monster transformation

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By houseshm
@thebuckaronatr said:
@tvc-15 said:

Question: Are there any manga series that have influenced you?

Kishimoto:I’d have to say that Toriyama-sensei has been a huge influence. Of course, there’s Dragon Ball, but I really loved Dr. Slump, as well.

He could have said anyone but he said toriyama and its pretty obvious heck even naruto outfit is orange and blue copy paste of goku :)

kishimoto is a toriyama fanboy btw

When was the first time that you thought of becoming a mangaka and why?

At some point between second and fourth grade I got into Akira Toriyama Sensei's Dr. Slump anime and Dragon Ball manga. I loved his characters. I was especially attached to Dr. Slump’s Arale and Dragon Ball’s Goku. Also, his art really appealed to me. There was something about his cartoony drawing style that felt right, more so than realistic drawings. I thought to myself, I wanted to become like Toriyama Sensei.

heck oda and kishimoto are both toriyama fanboys :)

Oda:As a manga artist, you can kind of see which manga artists someone was influenced by by looking at the art or story development.

Kishimoto:In my case, I was considerably influenced by Dragon Ball in my story-building, I think. For example, the parts that are reminicent of that shonen-magazine style that get you excited while reading. Or the part where Goku grows up and becomes a parent, I personally really liked that. Also, Toriyama-sensei’s balance between black and white color is superb; it makes it easy to look at, and he doesn’t even use that much screentone. I really think that’s cool.

Oda:And even looking at Toriyama-sensei’s art from back then, it doesn’t feel old because his sense of design is great. That’s really amazing.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: Kishimoto is also a Togashi fanboy, and the influence is more than obvious(the exam, Chakra+test, Sasuke as cheap fusion of Killua and Kurapika, etc.)

They even give interviews together, Kishimoto calls him sensei and just agrees with anything he says(thats all he does actually).

GoodFella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are just common Shonen tropes though...