What makes Vibe able to beat Flash?

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always read about how Vibe is being groomed to beat the Flash. I get he has vibration powers but what makes him able to beat the Flash

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@pfcoolio14: Apparently he can now severe another's ties to different dimensions, and since Flash gets his Speed from the Speed Force, Vibe can cut him off from that force, he did it to Kid Flash in the latest Vibe issue..only for like 2 milliseconds or something.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are turning him into a much more powerful character..

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By bob808

@fallen_crippled said:

They are turning him into a much more powerful character..

Agreed

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KnightRise
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 SC  Moderator

PIS and PIS only. Since Flash bloodlusted could snap Vibe's head off and stick it through his chest then pull his ears out his elbows before Vibe even has a chemical reaction in his brain enabling his ability to cut off Flash from the speed force which itself is sentient and wants Flash to use it and so can latch on.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By arnoldoaad

he was given a power to neutralize the powers of the Flash

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Queen's Halo

Deus ex machina - that's how.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Proper power application

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The Flash could react faster than Vibe could even think about neutralizing his powers, right?

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mightyrearranger

Somewhat OT, but Vibe is such a goofy superhero name. Sounds like a character whose superpower is getting his enemies stoned and playing music with them.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Basically he can influence the powers of people who derive them from extradimensional sources like the Speed Force --- cut them off from it. He tried it on Kid Flash and it worked for something like 2 milliseconds.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

The writer.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

something something severe connection something something 2 milliseconds.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

Whoa, it is possible to cut Flash speed Force from him now. I see all the potential characters who can own Flash now. What a door opener.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another example of DC trumping up another characters powers.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I dunno...Flash has been through hell and back. It doesn't matter what powers a hero has, just as long as they know how to use it.

Superman regularly has come up against opponents far more powerful than he is, but he is able to come out on top due to his experience.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Posted by SC (9719 posts) - 2 days, 10 hours ago - Show Bio

PIS and PIS only. Since Flash bloodlusted could snap Vibe's head off and stick it through his chest then pull his ears out his elbows before Vibe even has a chemical reaction in his brain enabling his ability to cut off Flash from the speed force which itself is sentient and wants Flash to use it and so can latch on.

Well doesn't PIS explain how Flash could survive an IMP? The convenient explanation is the Speed Force.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone saying that Flash could murder Vibe before Vibe could even think about cutting him off from the Speed Force is acting under the assumption that Flash also thinks at super speeds. As far as I know, he doesn't. Which means that Vibe would win on an even footing. Of course, if Flash had any kind of drop on him he'd be done, but yeah.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@end_boss said:

Everyone saying that Flash could murder Vibe before Vibe could even think about cutting him off from the Speed Force is acting under the assumption that Flash also thinks at super speeds. As far as I know, he doesn't. Which means that Vibe would win on an even footing. Of course, if Flash had any kind of drop on him he'd be done, but yeah.

Flash does think at Super Speeds. I believe it was the very first issue of the Flash in the New 52 that showed him considering every possibility while time was basically stopped (he was thinking that fast). Thats how it was pre-52 as well.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@end_boss said:

Every single Flash thinks at super-speed. They've been doing it since they were created. There have been stories where the Flash out-thinks the fastest supercomputers in the universe. And I don't know how you think Vibe would win when he managed to depower Kid Flash for two milliseconds ---- not really any kind of interval that gives him an advantage.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By End_Boss