What is/are your favorite "toy commercial" show/s?

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm talking about stuff that was made mainly as a media tie-in to get people attached to the characters, objects, ideas, and give the people a story to go with the merchandise.

Transformers, G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Hotwheels, My Little Pony, some Gundam series, Zoids, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vanguard, Crush Gear, B-Daman, Tamiya, Bakugan, etc.

The more specific, the better. (i.e. if it's Transformers, is it G1, Beast Wars, Prime?)

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Transformers Beast Wars is probably at the top of my list for this category. I also really like War Planets (aka Shadow Raiders). Growing up, I was a big fan of the Shogun Warriors toys which combined Mazinger Z, Go Gaiking, and Brave Raideen. My cousins and I each had a different large size figure and I personally owned several of the smaller diecast figures. I'm not sure if these shows really fit the category, though. One series I know that does is the PreCure or Pretty Cure series. It's a long running, but mostly standard magical girl series. I've always enjoyed the positiveness of the shows and the perky characters. My favorite is HeartCatch PreCure. The franchise is made by the same group that does DBZ, so it sometime strays straight into DBZ-like fight scenes.

Loading Video...

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: Oddly enough, I had War Planets toys as a kid, but I never did watch the show. I probably wasn't even aware it had one at the time.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5 god_spawn  Moderator

Thundercats, both classic and modern. Ironically, low toy sales were what caused the cancellation of the 2011 series, which I was a massive fan of.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Both the show and the toys were excellent. Foiled by poor marketing, I suppose.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else watch Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs?

Looking back, the shows were typical of the 90s, perhaps no better than some 80s shows, but I thought they had the best toys at the time.

Not much in the way of articulation, but those things were relatively huge and durable/well-built, and the price wasn't bad either.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Beast Wars.