ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ThePreface

*Yawwwwwwn*

This debate again. Barry is awkward/nerdy funny. Wally is confident/witty funny.

Ezra was awkward/nerdy funny. Ezra is playing Barry. It's true to source.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ready_4_madness:

I said it'd be terribly balanced if the team was filled with people who are all serious.

Justice league final frontier and jl doom did great with serious characters, its just that they were serious and uplifting

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Yawwwwwwn*

This debate again. Barry is awkward/nerdy funny. Wally is confident/witty funny. Ezra was awkwsrd/nerdy funny.

No he isn't, barry is serious/noble/hopeful

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: DCEU Superman was finding his place in the world while figuring out his powers and who he is, after BvS he becomes the symbol of hope, inspiration and all but people don't accept it. They want DCEU Superman to be like Smallville or that he was born with his conviction, flawless and all.

DCEU Batman in BvS was out of his normal-mind after Robin's death but in the end of the movie he turn back to his usual self. But people don't like it because want to see the same Batman as always.

What I'm saying that most complains is about the DCEU not showing them what they expected. People should sit back and enjoy the ride, understand the different story and take on the characters. DCEU characters are becoming what people want them to be, that's the story they are building.

About DCEU Flash, we had seen nothing but an short scene. Too soon to say anything about it.

Just a reminder that Adam West Batman was a major factor in Batman popularity.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Yeah, when he's 35 and a vet in the game. This is 1st draft pick rookie Barry Allen.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Save Justice League? You do realize that Geoff Johns had a big hand in BvS? His control over the films themselves hasn't change, since he already was pretty much a producer.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepreface: and why exactly is this first draft pick barry? why is this a supermanless jl? why is this a jl without a green lantern?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: I'd think a live action version of that would do fine with good direction and acting

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ThePreface

@kbroskywalker: Because it's a new take with enough true to source material to get the fans excited and new and fresh stuff to keep us and the general audience entertained. I'm the biggest Superman fan I know. I mean I have the S shield on my car and shit. I'm not worried about Supes not being in a teaser reel with snippets of 2 months worth of footage. If Superman isn't in the ad campaign it's cause they want to keep spoilers under wraps.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17:

DCEU Superman was finding his place in the world while figuring out his powers and who he is, after BvS he becomes the symbol of hope, inspiration and all but people don't accept it. They want DCEU Superman to be like Smallville or that he was born with his conviction, flawless and all.

Want people wanted is that he was RAISED with that conviction as he was in the COMICS, not smallvile. Instead we got supes being taught not to save people from tornadoes.,

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@wbr17 said:

@squalleon: DCEU Superman was finding his place in the world while figuring out his powers and who he is, after BvS he becomes the symbol of hope, inspiration and all but people don't accept it. They want DCEU Superman to be like Smallville or that he was born with his conviction, flawless and all.

DCEU Batman in BvS was out of his normal-mind after Robin's death but in the end of the movie he turn back to his usual self. But people don't like it because want to see the same Batman as always.

What I'm saying that most complains is about the DCEU not showing them what they expected. People should sit back and enjoy the ride, understand the different story and take on the characters. DCEU characters are becoming what people want them to be, that's the story they are building.

About DCEU Flash, we had seen nothing but an short scene. Too soon to say anything about it.

Just a reminder that Adam West Batman was a major factor in Batman popularity.

It doesn't really matter. The average viewer doesn't care about the "character path", they take it in face value. And the kids and teenagers who are the viewers you should try to win, definitely don't care. To show you what I mean, look at the identity crisis and turmoil MoS created in the Superman franchise. The fans that entered through MoS and the existing fans, conflicted heavily. And the franchise hit an all time low because it didn't know in which way to go.

You miss the point. The problem is that this iterations will be what the average viewers will see. So they will miss the point of the characters. They will think "Batman kills". So when they enter the comics(that won't happen in a day, these are just examples, to clear the point), they will expect a Batman that kills. And the franchise will be in turmoil. Inconsistency is the killer of franchises. Suddenly you have an uneven fanbase and you have to appeal to all.

Yeah, that's what I meant that when I said, movies and Tv have saved bats and Supes. But adam West's Bats was actually faithful to the material. That's why it saved Bats.

Do you understand? The point is that the inconsistent characterization creates problems. Especially long term.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepreface: You really still have faith with snyder being able to keep fans excited?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By Squalleon

I haven't seen the comics be effected by the DCEU. I've seen the DCEU take from the comics and the batman video games but not the other way around.

Think about it long term. Its a fact that we learn these characters from Tv and movies. right? Most of us entered the...lets say Batman comics through the animated series of the Burton movies.

Now, think about a current child that his first interaction with the character is BvS. The kid sees a Batman that kills. He says, "cool, I want to read more".

He enters the comics. But the comics have a different Batman with a no-kill rule, which the kid might not like and leave. Suddenly DC has to appeal to two different fan-bases, the current one, and the new wave that looks for another kind of Batman. While if Batman had a no kill rule in BvS, the new wave would be harmonic with the old guard.

Its why Superman can't catch a break since 86. Too many versions and too many differences between them.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: You really don't understand DCEU because you're not open to a different narrative or point of view.

The Kents found that kid that fell from the sky and started to question their beliefs and lives while were scared that the government would appear to take away their child. Clark was raised to not use his power to save people from that mess, to avoid confusion and because a kid/teen isn't mature enough to deal with all that trouble. Also, instead of using his powers they taught than moral values and ethic and the value of human life, that people without powers matter. The scene with the Tornado Pa Kent taught Clark about integrity, about die for your beliefs, to die to help/save others, also they has and argument back on the car, so by listening and obeying to his father, Clark made piece with him before his father's death.

Nobody has conviction until they are tested and proved. Then it's normal to Clark question about what to do in both movies and we saw him making the decision that we expect him to make what implies that he was raised with that values. Also in BvS he died because of what he believes and that's just like what his father did.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: different angle is fine, different angle that completely changes the character is not. Supes was raised to be good, nible, hopeful and inspiring. Tests made him better, but he was always hopeful and inspiring.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: forget what other people think. I watched a Justice League reel, and I'm excited asf. I don't need somebody else's approval to be hyped about something. You're acting like nerds everywhere are part of some hive mind. Check yo thelf thunn.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepreface: I am forgetting what others think, I think they are ruining the flash

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By buttersdaman000

So he joked around a little, so what? Why does everybody expect the DCEU to adapt everything perfectly, just the way they envision it?? It's not like Marvel has exactly adapted every character perfectly. They majority of them are considerably more light hearted and funny than their comic counterparts.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: there's not adaptng things perfectly, and then completely screwing with characters. Clearly barry is upposed to be peter parker here, thats completley screwing with his character

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: there's not adaptng things perfectly, and then completely screwing with characters. Clearly barry is upposed to be peter parker here, thats completley screwing with his character

So he's Peter Parker because he's sarcastic and lonely?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ThePreface

*CoughMandarinCough

DemonInABottleCough

BruceAndNatashaCough

CivilWarWasNothingLikeTheComicsCough

TonyCreatedUltronCough

WhyDoesMarvelGetAMillionPassesCough

ButDCDoesn'tGetAnyCough*

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: because he's sarcastic, lonely, has a cra[[y costume that will be replaced by a better one, runs into the dc equivalent of iron man in his own home, and is proven to have powers when dc's iron man attacks him, and is about peter parker's age

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: because he's sarcastic, lonely, has a cra[[y costume that will be replaced by a better one, runs into the dc equivalent of iron man in his own home, and is proven to have powers when dc's iron man attacks him, and is about peter parker's age

Plenty of characters are sarcastic. If that's one of your traits for being too much like Peter Parker then you must think the whole MCU is modeled after him.

Being lonely is also not a trait that solely belongs to Peter Parker. By this logic, you must believe MCU Hulk is a copy of Peter Parker. Also, CW Barry was lonely at the beginning of the series. I've never seen you complain about that. Oh, and he's sarcastic as well.

Since when are costume upgrades strictly a Spider-Man trope?? Oh, and CW Barry had help updating and even making his original costume...also not something i've ever seen you complain about.

No. If anything, Bruce is the DC equivalent of Nick Fury since he's starting up the recruiting. I'll give you this one though since the scenes are similar in a few ways.

Is Peter Parker the only character allowed to be young now? The MCU Peter is in his teens BTW.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash has some of the best stories in comics.

Still.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By buttersdaman000

@squalleon said:

@wbr17: Maybe people don't like misinterpreted material in the most mainstream iteration of their favorite characters. That will probably shape the character's popularity and lore in the long term.

Movies and Tv series have literally saved Batman and Superman from the brink of cancellation in the past (let that sink in, we are talking bats and Supes here). A bad movie does harm to the character, not because it will make current fans lose interest but because it will not bring new crowd down the line. A movie that has the character with different characterization and rules might close the doors to the right crowd or open wrong ones.

This isn't a simple elseworld or a mini-series. Movies stay and affect more than any comic, for good or bad. I am saying this as not to attack but rather to show why this is potentially harmful to what people love about the Flash.

Unless i'm mistaken, you're talking about TV series and movies that took place in the 60's or earlier, right? That's the last time I remember those characters being in danger of having their comic lines completely cancelled (outside of Supermans legal issues), and the Reeve movies took place at the height of Superman's popularity. So I don't think it's forward of you to use them to push your point when the two characters were barely 30 years old. Even today, the brand of "Flash" is way more popular than Superman and Batman at that time.

Also, the only mainstream version of any Flash the GA knows are sarcastic jokers.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So he joked around a little, so what? Why does everybody expect the DCEU to adapt everything perfectly, just the way they envision it?? It's not like Marvel has exactly adapted every character perfectly. They majority of them are considerably more light hearted and funny than their comic counterparts.

So much this.

*CoughMandarinCough

DemonInABottleCough

BruceAndNatashaCough

TonyCreatedUltronCough

ButDCDoesn'tGetAnyCough*

+50

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

*Eats popcorn*

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kbroskywalker

@peterparkerjr said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

So much this.

@thepreface said:

*CoughMandarinCough

DemonInABottleCough

BruceAndNatashaCough

TonyCreatedUltronCough

ButDCDoesn'tGetAnyCough*

+50

Name one other live action super hero with all of these listed similarities.

And yes batman is the tony stark here as he's the one leading the team(in civil war he and cap were on different teams so iron man was leading)

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kbroskywalker

@thepreface: marvel gets a pass because there movies on average have had much better acting, direction and dialogue than dc movies, as a dc fan I don't like it but imo marvel is doing way better than dc is in the live action department

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: *iintentionally spills salt on popcorn to prevent jokes about saltiness

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: sarcastic jokes from wally west, not barry allen

So now you're moving the goal post and ignoring everything else in my post? Is simply being sarcastic, based off barely a minute of material, enough for you to go on this senseless rant? How do you know this character won't have other definable Barry Allen traits??

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By buttersdaman000

@kbroskywalker said:

@thepreface: marvel gets a pass because there movies on average have had much better acting, direction and dialogue than dc movies, as a dc fan I don't like it but imo marvel is doing way better than dc is in the live action department

Lol no they haven't. This is a completely subjective thing to say. The only reason Marvel gets a pass is because they came first and the majority of people doing the complaining now were to young (or not yet invested in comics) to care,or know, that the MCU took dozens of liberties with the characters they adapted. I bet you think Marvel Tony Stark resembles the MCU version??

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: him also being a loner, and him being recruited just how iron man recruited spiderman is what made me go on this rant.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: him also being a loner, and him being recruited just how iron man recruited spiderman is what made me go on this rant.

I already addressed those two points in my other post and you failed to respond.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: i did respond actually, batman is the leader of the jl, iron man is the leader of the pro accordance team. Yes none of these things specifically are unique, but all of them combined is something that only flash's and spiderman's recruitment has as far as superhero movies go if not all movies.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: i did respond actually, batman is the leader of the jl, iron man is the leader of the pro accordance team. Yes none of these things specifically are unique, but all of them combined is something that only flash's and spiderman's recruitment has as far as superhero movies go if not all movies.

Jesus I don't even think you know why you're ranting lol

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Why would Cyborg know Batman is real? Most people think he is an urban legend the other half think he is a demon.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: because actual newspaper articles have shown he is real, and this kid lives in gotham.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@ganon15 said:

Now list the problems with CW Barry

Everything

and to the OP describe "barry" or his characte in one word...or wait he barley has any..

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

*Eats popcorn*

Mind sharing some?

And this

@buttersdaman000 said:

So much this.

@thepreface said:

*CoughMandarinCough

DemonInABottleCough

BruceAndNatashaCough

TonyCreatedUltronCough

ButDCDoesn'tGetAnyCough*

+50

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So these are the people DC is trying to please. Good luck with that.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So these are the people DC is trying to please. Good luck with that.

Seriously

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yall are going start complaning over anything DCEu just stfu, wait until movie comes out and stupid thread about Barry make a joke and being lonely people want like lynch him or something if it isn't perfect then yall are going problem

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't like it either, but whatever.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

So much this.

@thepreface said:

*CoughMandarinCough

DemonInABottleCough

BruceAndNatashaCough

TonyCreatedUltronCough

ButDCDoesn'tGetAnyCough*

+50

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Save Justice League? You do realize that Geoff Johns had a big hand in BvS? His control over the films themselves hasn't change, since he already was pretty much a producer.

He was also a producer on GL. Funny thing is if everyone ends up liking JL, Johns will end up getting more credit than Snyder.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rustyroy said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

He was also a producer on GL. Funny thing is if everyone ends up liking JL, Johns will end up getting more credit than Snyder.

Which is really sad, seeing as Snyder said FROM THE BEGINNING, far before the BvS backlash, that the movie would be different from BvS.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which is really sad, seeing as Snyder said FROM THE BEGINNING, far before the BvS backlash, that the movie would be different from BvS.

Actually the writer said that iirc but yeah, the plan was to make it less dark and more funny although the backlash might have pushed them to make it even funnier than originally intended.