• 72 results
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Geoff Johns, Morrison, etc. are the standard writers at DC much like Bendis, Fraction, etc. are the standard at Marvel. They each changed something pretty drastically since they've been there (Johns's Blackest Night/Brightest Day, Bendis's Marvel Events since Secret War). So what happens if the companies switch writers?  

For example, What would Morrison do with Thor? What would Brubaker do with Batman? etc. Would we get better stories, or would they be awful?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979
@Gambit1024
have you read Just Imagine Stan Lee's... comic books? That's What happens if Marvel writer decides to reimagine DC characters.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gambit1024
@Kairan1979: No I have not. Good?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Marvel would be better and DC would be worse.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Timandm
@Gambit1024: Good question...

- Batman becomes boring...  the closest thing Marvel has to Batman is Moonknight or the Punisher...  I like the punisher but the character and story lines are no where near the same class as Batman.   (and keep in mind I'm mostly a Marvel reader) Captain America might actually become very interesting.
  I think DC writers do a better job with heroes who don't actually have super powers.  So, Captain America, Bucky, and Hawkeye would become more interesting.

- Marvel's villains get A LOT MORE interesting, as we'll get to see more into their psychological profiles and they'll be out for more than just beating up good guys...

- DC gets a sliding timeline in stead of major reboots or relaunches every other decade. 
  I hate both...

- DC suddenly gets a group/race of people for others to focus their hate on   Perhaps left-handed people...  and most of the issues can focus around right-handed extremists trying to annihilate all the left handed people. 
   Marvel writers aren't able to write stories about mutants that don't revolve around non-mutants hating them for being different...  And this is on a world that knows there are millions of other lifeforms out in the universe...

- DC gets a lot of NAME CHANGES...   A lot less hero-BOY(lad) and hero-GIRL(lass) names...
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Timandm:  

@Gambit1024:  

@Gambit1024: Good question... 

- Batman becomes boring...  the closest thing Marvel has to Batman is Moonknight or the Punisher...  I like the punisher but the character and story lines are no where near the same class as Batman.   (and keep in mind I'm mostly a Marvel reader) Captain America might actually become very interesting. 
  I think DC writers do a better job with heroes who don't actually have super powers.  So, Captain America, Bucky, and Hawkeye would become more interesting. 

- Marvel's villains get A LOT MORE interesting, as we'll get to see more into their psychological profiles and they'll be out for more than just beating up good guys...

- DC gets a sliding timeline in stead of major reboots or relaunches every other decade.  
  I hate both... 

- DC suddenly gets a group/race of people for others to focus their hate on   Perhaps left-handed people...  and most of the issues can focus around right-handed extremists trying to annihilate all the left handed people.  
   Marvel writers aren't able to write stories about mutants that don't revolve around non-mutants hating them for being different...  And this is on a world that knows there are millions of other lifeforms out in the universe... 

- DC gets a lot of NAME CHANGES...   A lot less hero-BOY(lad) and hero-GIRL(lass) names...

pretty much this
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024
@Timandm: I think Batman might great  if Brubaker was writing him, but that's just me. 
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Timandm
@Gambit1024 said:
@Timandm: I think Batman might great  if Brubaker was writing him, but that's just me. 
I have to admit, i'm not very good at remembering who authored what.  What has Brubaker written?
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit1024
@Timandm: He's currently (and has been) on Captain America, he wrote Daredevil after Bendis, and Immortal Iron Fist. 
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Timandm
@Gambit1024 said:
@Timandm: He's currently (and has been) on Captain America, he wrote Daredevil after Bendis, and Immortal Iron Fist. 
Well that sounds good... But... He's not the writer for Shadowland, is he?  I hated Shadowland.  I think it'd been easier to swallow if it had been someone like MoonKnight, or Punisher...
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By Dracade102

DC would die

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024
@Timandm: No, Brubabker did not write Shadowland. He ended his DD run before that. 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By danhimself

Johns writing Nova

No Caption Provided
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024
@danhimself said:
Johns writing Nova

No Caption Provided
If there was anyone that could do it, it'd be him. 
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Kairan1979
cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By cosmo111687
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024: Good question...  - Batman becomes boring...  the closest thing Marvel has to Batman is Moonknight or the Punisher...  I like the punisher but the character and story lines are no where near the same class as Batman.   (and keep in mind I'm mostly a Marvel reader) Captain America might actually become very interesting.   I think DC writers do a better job with heroes who don't actually have super powers.  So, Captain America, Bucky, and Hawkeye would become more interesting. - Marvel's villains get A LOT MORE interesting, as we'll get to see more into their psychological profiles and they'll be out for more than just beating up good guys... - DC gets a sliding timeline in stead of major reboots or relaunches every other decade.    I hate both... - DC suddenly gets a group/race of people for others to focus their hate on   Perhaps left-handed people...  and most of the issues can focus around right-handed extremists trying to annihilate all the left handed people.     Marvel writers aren't able to write stories about mutants that don't revolve around non-mutants hating them for being different...  And this is on a world that knows there are millions of other lifeforms out in the universe...  - DC gets a lot of NAME CHANGES...   A lot less hero-BOY(lad) and hero-GIRL(lass) names...
Pretty much this. Also, I think that female DC characters will receive even less representation.
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Feliciano2040
@cosmo111687 said:
Pretty much this. Also, I think that female DC characters will receive even less representation.
Probably, but I'm not so sure, I think DC is doing a decent job of always giving Wonder Woman a chance, other people would've relegated her to linger forever in comic book limbo
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024 said:
Well that sounds good... But... He's not the writer for Shadowland, is he?  I hated Shadowland.  I think it'd been easier to swallow if it had been someone like MoonKnight, or Punisher...
He's already penned Batman back before Hush.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

bendis would destroy the justice league. then make NEW JUSTICE,MIGHTY JUSTICE and DARK JUSTICE
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By cascadeking09

I wish, then we wouldn't have to forget or lose characters to the relaunch.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gambit1024
@entropy_aegis said:
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Was  it good?
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@cascadeking09 said:
I wish, then we wouldn't have to forget or lose characters to the relaunch.

o, we would just see them raped to the point that we'd beg for a reboot
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Billy Batson

Marvel would get better writers. 

BB

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Gambit1024 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Was  it good?
Yes.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@entropy_aegis said:
@Gambit1024 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Was  it good?
Yes.
Are you talking about Brubaker? Officer Down is the worst Batman arc I've ever read.
cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cosmo111687
@Feliciano2040 said:
@cosmo111687 said:
Probably, but I'm not so sure, I think DC is doing a decent job of always giving Wonder Woman a chance, other people would've relegated her to linger forever in comic book limbo
Oh, I mean that if DC got all the Marvel writers, then they would likely ignore DC's female characters, such as Wonder Woman, in favour of their more established male ones, especially Batman. :)
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator

A lot of writers have had stints at either company. Johns Avengers wasn't very good. I think he said this as well, I think he is a writer that needs to have a zest for his characters he writes. Morrison's X-Men was good. Waid had Cap. Fraction will suck on anything where continuity aids the story in any capacity, but might have some fresh and original ideas for underutilized and underrated characters. Given how most characters popularity works, I see many Marvel writers succeeding where many DC characters have failed and vice versa. There are just too many writers with broad styles, than for such oversimplified DC/Marvel fails DC/Marvel gets better lulz I have my preferences set already confirmatory bias. Oh, oh, Gail Simone would be great on X-Men. I think Marjorie Liu would be great on Zatanna, PAD om Secret Six. Gillen would be great on Wonder Woman. I think Johns would be great on Nova. That's like a corner he can totally make his own, and change minor characters dramatically and not as many people would mind. JMS would be great on, gee i wonder? Thor. Failure or success would just depend on who goes where and the intelligence of the person moving. Oh and see, Marvel and DC would look quite different if you just swapped their own writers within their own books. Carey I think would be great on Wonder Woman. I'd like to see Waid on Hulk. 

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cosmo111687
@SC said:

A lot of writers have had stints at either company. Johns Avengers wasn't very good. I think he said this as well, I think he is a writer that needs to have a zest for his characters he writes. Morrison's X-Men was good. Waid had Cap. Fraction will suck on anything where continuity aids the story in any capacity, but might have some fresh and original ideas for underutilized and underrated characters. Given how most characters popularity works, I see many Marvel writers succeeding where many DC characters have failed and vice versa. There are just too many writers with broad styles, than for such oversimplified DC/Marvel fails DC/Marvel gets better lulz I have my preferences set already confirmatory bias. Oh, oh, Gail Simone would be great on X-Men. I think Marjorie Liu would be great on Zatanna, PAD om Secret Six. Gillen would be great on Wonder Woman. I think Johns would be great on Nova. That's like a corner he can totally make his own, and change minor characters dramatically and not as many people would mind. JMS would be great on, gee i wonder? Thor. Failure or success would just depend on who goes where and the intelligence of the person moving. Oh and see, Marvel and DC would look quite different if you just swapped their own writers within their own books. Carey I think would be great on Wonder Woman. I'd like to see Waid on Hulk. 

I would actually really like to see Gillen write for Aquaman or Wonder Woman. And I would love Marjorie Liu to write for Zatanna, as well as WW, or Secret Six. And Matt Fraction might be fun to have on Power Girl. And Greg Rucka has moved over to Marvel and is going to do Punisher, which has piqued my interest in spite of the fact that I can't stand Punisher most of the time. 
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SC  Moderator
@cosmo111687 said:

@SC said:

I would actually really like to see Gillen write for Aquaman or Wonder Woman. And I would love Marjorie Liu to write for Zatanna, as well as WW, or Secret Six. And Greg Rucka has moved over to Marvel and is going to do Punisher, which has piqued my interest in spite of the fact that I can't stand Punisher most of the time. 

I know what you mean, it takes a really good writer in my eyes to make Punisher more than just a one dimensional type character. I like Gillen, because he strikes me as a writer that appreciates a character (a characters history and a character in a way fans do) he works on, whilst not dropping momentum built up by other writers. His current Journey Into Mystery ongoing has so many small nods and winks at Thor history and Norse mythology but presenting it in a really fun accessible way. I think that's the attitude that one needs when trying to write Wonder Woman (I think Gail did this reasonably well) and Aquaman. Ohh! Liu would be great at Zatanna! Actually yeah, those other books as well. I am actually waiting for her to write something I don't like so I could you know, think of a book I wouldn't want her on but yeah... 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Gambit1024 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Was  it good?
Yes.
Are you talking about Brubaker? Officer Down is the worst Batman arc I've ever read.
I have'nt read that but i have read Bruce Wayne Fugitive and Murderer along with his Deadshot issues those were really good.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Gambit1024 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Timandm said:
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Was  it good?
Yes.
I have'nt read that but i have read Bruce Wayne Fugitive and Murderer along with his Deadshot issues those were really good.
I want to read the Murderer/Fugitive stuff, but they're out of bloody print. 

Officer Down wasn't just Brubaker so he might not have even had anything to do with it. But still, along with Deadly Genesis, it's the only bad thing I can say about the guy. Officer Down is basically Batman being mischaracterised so his supporting cast can all look better. Terrible.
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Feliciano2040
@cosmo111687 said:
Oh, I mean that if DC got all the Marvel writers, then they would likely ignore DC's female characters, such as Wonder Woman, in favour of their more established male ones, especially Batman. :)
Most likely, it's no wonder that Marvel doesn't really have a representative female superhero character, the closest to that is She-Hulk, and even that is just odd.
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#33  Edited By harleyquinn12

Bendis on Superman? Don't want to think about that. Johns on Avengers? Wasn't very good. Of course, Kieron Gillen doing a mod Wonder Woman would be pure awesome.
marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By marvelfanboy

@JediXMan said:

@Dracade102 said:

DC would die
SuperStarKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SuperStarKirby

@Feliciano2040 said:

@cosmo111687 said:
Most likely, it's no wonder that Marvel doesn't really have a representative female superhero character, the closest to that is She-Hulk, and even that is just odd.

I believe that's what they're trying to make Carol Danvers into nowadays.

marvelfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By marvelfanboy

@Feliciano2040 said:

@cosmo111687 said:

There's Ms. Marvel.

No Caption Provided
blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Billy Batson said:

Marvel would get better writers.

BB

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By jinxuandi

DC would fire all of its new writers except for Brubaker and Waid, then hire Marvel's away

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oraclefyre

Keep Bendis away from Wonder Woman

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Duke_Nasty

DCs characters aren't good enough to withstand Marvels bad writing. Marvel in theory would be amazing.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeanroygrant

When DC writers write DC Comics there characters are all really powerful powerhouses ( Everyone is a powerhouse ) DC's weakest powerhouses can keep up with Marvel"s second strongest catergory powerhouses. But if they switched that it would be totally different.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

A lot of the writers for DC worked for Marvel and vice versa. Like Geoff Johns had a run for Avengers.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jnr6Lil

They've done it before

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gambit1024

@haydenclaireheroes said:

A lot of the writers for DC worked for Marvel and vice versa. Like Geoff Johns had a run for Avengers.

Did he? You wouldn't happen to know when, would you?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#45  Edited By Deadcool

@JediXMan said:

... So... is Detective Comics any good?

Dude, no offence, but not all Marvel writers are Bendis, and not all DC writers are Grant Morrison.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Deadcool:

Perhaps. I admit that I haven't read a whole lot of comics in the past few months.

However, if I compare all of the events from the past decade, DC wins by a landslide.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Deadcool

@JediXMan said:

Perhaps. I admit that I haven't read a whole lot of comics in the past few months.

However, if I compare all of the events from the past decade, DC wins by a landslide.

I like to think that good comics are beyond the events, have you read current Daredevil, Journey Into Mystery, FF, Winter Soldier, Venom or Amazing Spider-man?

In my humble opinion, most of the tittles of both Marvel and DC suck, currently I read the same amound of both Marvel and DC, so, if they both change their writers, I think that it would be the same.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Deadcool:

I liked Uncanny X-Force and JL Dark. Both titles were good, in my opinion.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Deadcool

@JediXMan said:

I liked Uncanny X-Force and JL Dark. Both titles were good, in my opinion.

I want to start to read that tittle, they appeared recently in Animal Man, I haven't heard anything about it so I was unsure if it was good.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By the_tree

@Gambit1024 said:

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Did he? You wouldn't happen to know when, would you?

Avengers #57 to Avengers #76. So, from 2002 to 2004.