What if Bruce Wayne had died that night?

Kajayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kajayden

CRAZY NERD THEORY TIME. Spoilers for the following Comic book events/animated films/television shows: Batman: Under the Red Hood, Justice League: Flashpoint, and The Flash Seasons 2 and 3 (kind of) If you plan on reading/watching those, away with you. You have been warned. Also, this is a pretty out there fan theory, and deals with fairly dark story lines so.....you've been warned again. Hope you enjoy!

Okay so here goes. For any who don't know who Jason Todd is, go watch Under the Red Hood. It's spectacular. But if you want to hear my rantings anyways, here is a basic overview. In the late 80's, the second Robin, whose real name was Jason Todd, died. In an event called "A death in the family." the Joker kidnaps, tortures, and murders Jason Todd. This is considered Batman's first real and greatest failure as a hero, being unable to save his "son". Todd was an orphan, adopted by Batman after he caught him trying to steal the wheels off of the Batmobile. Batman was the first person to ever REALLY care about him. But we will come back to that later....

Now to any unfamiliar with the Flashpoint universe, watch Justice League: Flashpoint. It is also spectacular. Essentially this is an alternate universe in the DC continuity, where The Flash stops his mother from being killed when he was a child, this will be the basic topic of The Flash season 3. Because TF saves his mother, there is some mad changes in the DC universe, caused by the butterfly effect, look it up. The change that is relevant to this theory however, is that on that fateful night when Bruce Wayne witnesses the murder of his parent's who gave their lives protecting him, it is not Thomas and Martha who are killed. It is their wee boy. Bruce Wayne is gunned down in the street, and the repercussions are dramatic. Thomas Wayne, his father, kills the mugger, and turns to see his wife holding their sons corpse, and his blood and a smile across her face. I warned you it was dark. The death of their son broke the Wayne's. Martha broke down, and became this realities Joker. But more importantly, Thomas becomes this realities Batman, but a dark reflection. Kind of a mixture between the Punisher and The Batman, he has no issue murdering criminals. There is a red outline to his color scheme, and he takes no prisoners in a darker universe. Now here's where they come together.

When Jason Todd returns to life as the Red Hood, he shares many things with the Flashpoint Thomas Wayne. Both have the basic Batman look, but with red added. Both dual wield pistols, and both are crippled by deaths in their past. Have you ever considered how Batman would have felt if his parent's hadn't been able to save him? If he had looked up, and thought save me. To no avail. That is how Jason Todd felt. He not only was failed by his father, but returned to life to wallow in that fact. Now here is where it gets crazy, what if Jason Todd is an alternate reality version of Thomas Wayne. Both of these characters are the "What if Bruce Wayne died that night?" versions of Batman. And they are almost exactly the same. I know it's out there, but it's a pretty cool theory if I do say so myself. Hope you enjoyed! Excelsior!