What do think of CW Barry's development.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

What do think of his character development so far?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What development?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

What development?

This. If anything he's gotten worse and worse always crying for emotional support

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs to hear "accept the things I cannot change,Courage to change the things I can,And wisdom to know the difference."

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hes gotten faster but he needs to be more accepting to thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was going well in Season 1 and the first half of Season 2. He was becoming more mature, competent and confident. Then it all came crashing down after the Speed Force episode, culminating in the show negating all that development. Sigh.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had him accept his mother's death only to have him literally go back and forget all of that

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, most character development is a line, Barrys is a circle.

Seriously just take the last few episodes. "I accept my mothers death." "My dad died!" "Need to save my mom in the past, who I have gotten over twice now!"

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jobber Allen goes full retard.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Thing is if he has of done what he did last season finale. It would have made sense. To do it now doesn't make a whole lotta sense, but at least it's building towards something big. I'm still excited to see where it goes. He's written as needing a lot of support because the writers don't know how to make the other characters interesting unless they are supporting the main hero. They need to look towards shows like Buffy, Angel, Dr. Who, etc where the main hero could stand on their own, but they had good relationships with their supporting characters.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeathHero61

@nicksmi56 said:

It was going well in Season 1 and the first half of Season 2. He was becoming more mature, competent and confident. Then it all came crashing down after the Speed Force episode, culminating in the show negating all that development. Sigh.

This. I absolutely hated what happened at the end of the finale. He literally destroyed everything. Not only was he being a huge hypocrite considering the decision his friends decided to make, he KNEW TOO WELL what would happen if he did what he did, now he is screwing over everything, he literally just came back from the speed force, finally understanding everything, then he literally abandons all the principals the speed force taught him, all the development he went through just because his father died, not that its not a bad thing, but if you could ultimately move past your mother's death, and use that to protect your friends and family why risk everyone else by trying to change the present AGAIN after what happened last time you did that? Even if you got the desired affect,(your father not being dead) you could risk changing everything which includes the multi-verse which was affected by your actions in the past and present. Barry is familiar with all of this yet risked everything. That's ultimately what i hated about this episode, it made everything that happened before pointless, it made Barry's fight against Zoom pointless. He was finally developing into such an amazing character, but this episode really took a few thousand steps back to where we started.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:

This. I absolutely hated what happened at the end of the finale. He literally destroyed everything. Not only was he being a huge hypocrite considering the decision his friends decided to make, he KNEW TOO WELL what would happen if he did what he did, now he is screwing over everything, he literally just came back from the speed force, finally understanding everything, then he literally abandons all the principals the speed force taught him, all the development he went through just because his father died, not that its not a bad thing, but if you could ultimately move past your mother's death, and use that to protect your friends and family why risk everyone else by trying to change the present AGAIN after what happened last time you did that? Even if you got the desired affect,(your father not being dead) you could risk changing everything which includes the multi-verse which was affected by your actions in the past and present. Barry is familiar with all of this yet risked everything. That's ultimately what i hated about this episode, it made everything that happened before pointless, it made Barry's fight against Zoom pointless. He was finally developing into such an amazing character, but this episode really took a few thousand steps back to where we started.

This to the max!