What did you think of Iron Man3. (spoilers)

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJ62

Here's my opinion:

Mandarin is my only big problem with this movie, he was massively underused. He could've been Heath Ledger/Joker of the Iron Man films, in the beginning he was a dark, grim, cold and seemingly emotionless terrorist who wanted revenge on American arrogance, and he was also very mystic and it was great.

BUT then, later we found out that he's just a drunk idiot called Trevor.

Think about it this way, imagine if you saw Dark Knight. Batman has to face Joker's threats, but near the end he finally finds the Joker's hide out, he finds out that there is no Joker and it's just a dumb a*** named Bob.

Hardcore Batfans, how would you feel? Well, that's how most Marvel fans feel.

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else. I would say its a film on par with say TDKR or TASM, good not great.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That would ruin my perception of batman movies forever. But anyways the only reason I watch marvel movies is because of the easter eggs inside them... It's kind of a habit..

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MirrorWave4

Yeah I hated the plot twist near the end of the Mandarin, I wanted to see Ben Kingsley put the smack down on Ironman but No! We get a guy who wanted revenge on Tony and he was one of those Super fire breathing hippies.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By theTimeStreamer

still better than dkr.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was great, IMO.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By 2chimcha3

I completely agree. My only major gripe was messing up the Mandarin. They should've just not put him in the movie. They made him funny but it was still a big troll. Besides that and a few things here and there, it was an excellent movie. Great character exploration, action sequences and humor. I really liked that they chose to use extremis for the story too.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deaditegonzo

Iron Man 3 was good, but not great. There were several things that just really grind my gears. For example, I dont know why they needed to include the twist that they did. It also gave the impression in the previews of going for a more thematic and mature experience (I thought it would be the "Dark Knight" of the Iron Man trilogy), but this fell pretty heavily on the side of Popcorn Movie (all chuckle worthy jokes and explosions). One things for sure, neither Avengers nor Iron Man 1 need to worry about losing their spots as the best Iron Man movies. This falls squarely with Iron Man 2, except with much higher deflated expectations.

7/10

BTW, I know im coming off pretty negative, its just that my expectations were so high. It had a lot of bad, but was still fun and entertaining.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now that I think about

IT'S ALL FUCKING DISNEY'S FAULT!!!!

They own all of Marvel, Stan Lee sold there asses off.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

still better than dkr.

Why bother mentioning TDKR? why the frick are people so desperate?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Implying The Mandarin matters as much as Joker.

Implying Killian wasn't amazing.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@entropy_aegis: people like to say iron man 3 ripped off tdkr. i say im3 did it better.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Iron Man 3 was good, but not great. There were several things that just really grind my gears. For example, I dont know why they needed to include the twist that they did. It also gave the impression in the previews of going for a more thematic and mature experience (I thought it would be the "Dark Knight" of the Iron Man trilogy), but this fell pretty heavily on the side of Popcorn Movie (all chuckle worthy jokes and explosions). One things for sure, neither Avengers nor Iron Man 1 need to worry about losing their spots as the best Iron Man movies. This falls squarely with Iron Man 2, except with much higher deflated expectations.

7/10

BTW, I know im coming off pretty negative, its just that my expectations were so high. It had a lot of bad, but was still fun and entertaining.

This is pretty much exactly what I thought about it, although to be fair I've never read an Iron Man comic so I didn't have the canon issues or the expectations.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i saw the real mandarin (trevor) i was like WTF!! i was piss and dint enjoy the movie after that i was just thinking the real one better appear in the end !! but no0o0o!

that kill the movie for me

vert1g0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vert1g0

Ben Kingsley is a great actor but he doesn't look anything like the Mandarin (a half Chinese half English guy)

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it kind of funny that most people's gripe about the movie is that the plot didn't follow their exact specifications.

In other words, originality is bad and should be discouraged.

I mean, who goes to a movie to FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS anymore?

I'd much rather a monotonous plot that everyone predicted proceed onscreen to nobody's amazement.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's funny how the Mandarin pawn (Kingley/Trevor) is like the Ras 'Al Ghul pawn in Batman Begins. They highly resemble their comic book counterparts. The real ones on the other look nothing like their comic book counterparts.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I find it kind of funny that most people's gripe about the movie is that the plot didn't follow their exact specifications.

In other words, originality is bad and should be discouraged.

I mean, who goes to a movie to FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS anymore?

I'd much rather a monotonous plot that everyone predicted proceed onscreen to nobody's amazement.

Kudos to you sir!

I found the movie to be great. And while the Mandarin twist was definitely unexpected, I do applaud them for taking a chance, I also think it worked out good in the end.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By roboadmiral

I thought the Mandarin/Trevor dynamic was marvelous and totally unexpected. It was one of my favorite parts of the film. Then again, I'm not really an invested fan of Iron Man or his villains, so I didn't feel that a particularly beloved character was being degraded or anything. I just thought it was a clever and entertaining bit of story telling.