What did you think of DC Rebirth announcements?

• 64 results
TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I liked it overall. Kind of feel underwhelmed about the team books but I'm interested in a lot of the solos.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Loved. Can't wait for "Titans" Not sure about "Teen Titans".

KF is going back to the yellow suit.

Love all the new costume and character changes.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am loving it.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: I really wish the lineup in Teen Titans was bigger. Also, idk what the heck is going on with Raven's design (assuming that is Raven).

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sold on most of the Batline,I've shared my thoughts on the Super and Bat books on their respective forums.For the rest I'm on board for Suicide Squad,JL,Deathstroke and maybe Wonder Woman. Not interested in Titans or Teen Titans(not even Damian is enough to off set Percy and DC just dumping Dick's cast on him shows they still dont want to do anything new) or Green Arrow or Cyborg or Trinity or Aquaman.

The GL line is just shameless Johns pandering,no there too.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By newecho

The suicide squad title interests me as lee is on that one. I don't understand why they are adding more superman titles and all-star batman? Why?.. why is lobdel still on the red hood book?. King is just snyder Jr. Idk if I am excited or not for his book. Jurgens is doing a supes book but not sure if its post crisis superman? Harley is good now so no reason to think that title will lose its flavor. Nothing else really jumped out at me except the inexperience of the wonder woman title or at least I have never heard of them..

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bad rucka is on the wonder woman title so yeah I am excited for that

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm very, very optimistic.

Giving control to Johns is the best thing DC could have done, and they should do that instead of the disaster that was DCYou. Also it seems that New-52 continuity will not just "disappear", but instead be integrated, as it should.

Johns is back on a Green Lantern book, where he became the greatest GL writer ever. Now if only DC would get rid of Vendetti.

Bat books and Super books look good. Tomasi will be incredible on Superman, I just hope he is in for the long haul. WW and Rucka is a no-brainer. King on Batman and Snyder on another bat book might be one of the best one-two punches in a long time. I'm kind worried about Jurgens on Action Comics. I think he needs a good editor in order to not mess up and he absolutely hates the New Gods, so I hope he stays away from them in his stories.

Green Arrow looks to be returning to his classic look (as he should), Aquaman looks great and will be closely monitored by Johns (although I have some issues with the costume). Plus Rise of the Seven Seas re-confirmed, which means New-52 continuity is safe. Also glad Brent Booth won't be on Aquaman.

Titans and Teen Titans look great. Abnett is kiling it in Titans Hunt, with the great original cast of Donna, Dick, Roy and Garth. A speedster can't be to far.

Deathstroke with Priest is a perfect fit and I expect copious ammounts of bad@ssery.

Sad to see that Redhood is still a thing and that Lodbell is still in DC.

Blue Beetle book looks awesome with both Beetles.

JL should be good but I'm worried because Hitch is notoriously slow at keeping deadlines. I hope he can make it.

Also no JL 3000/3001 (thankfully) and it was confirmed that there are huge plans for the Legion, so hopefully Legion will be the standard DC future team, like it should be. And a Justice Society book should be coming, once Rebirth is underway. Also hoping for a Hickman New Gods book and Morisson should also werite something. Maybe the JLA book we don't know the creative teams for? Afterall "JLA" was a name change that Morisson made.

The stain that DCYou left on DC's history and sales seems to be going away for the most part, which is great. One of the darkest periods in DC comics history, up there with the 90's "extreme" phase, is over (for all 8-10 months it lasted).

New and different for the sake of being new and different doesn't work and DCYou almost killed DC comics, so it's great to see Johns taking charge and fixing all that "story over continuity" cr@p, which doesn't work for any serious comic book universe. Newsflash you can't have a cohesive comic book universe and not at least acknowledge continuity.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Do you not like Redhood or is it just way the Lobdell writes him?

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Both.

There are enough Bat-family books, and this just takes the place of what could be a Martian Manhunter or a Booster Gold book. Also Red Hood is a terrible character and has been since his turn to anti-hero in Countdown, the worst comic book weekly series ever (in which he was a major character). There's a reason DC fans voted for him to die in the 80's and there is no reason for this character to take up space anymore.

And Lodbell is the worst comic book "writer" in the past 2-3 years. His Teen Titans was the worst in their history (and they had a lot of runs), Doomed was terrible, and Roy Harper is better in Titans Hunt than in the entirety of of Red Hood and the Outlaws.

All in all Red Hood and Lodbell is the worst combo of writer and character I have ever seen (well maybe second worst after Cullen Bunn and Lobo).

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Fair enough. I don't have any issues with Jason Todd but I do wish DC would stop giving Lobdell work. Or at least him some creator owned Vertigo book he can run into the ground.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: I'm not even saying DC should kill Red Hood. Just make him a guest in the Bat Family books. I mean there is a ton of them and Red Hood worked well enough in his very first ark (by Winnick) as a guest star.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

I will read them all.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping they would bring back married Wally.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dan12456

Pretty happy. Most of the books I care about got solid creators and have cool directions.

A couple good surprises too (Williamson, priest, rucka and the BoP team)

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dan12456

@theexile285 said:

@dankhan6: Do you mind if I ask which books?

Ones I'm really excited about are:

• Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (didn't expect the classic lineup, plus the writers are from the 100, one of my favourite shows. Definitely my biggest surprise, as I wasn't that interested before)
  • Batman (Already heard the rumours of King, glad to see they are true)
  • Flash (Joshua Williamson is a great writer I never expected to leave creator owned. Sounds like he's just a big Flash fan. Not sure what I think about another speedster villain but s/he looks cool at least)
  • Nightwing (I preferred King to Seeley, but both are solid and I'm just glad he has a good writer)
  • Wonder Woman (Rucka is amazing. Lazarus is probably my favourite series ever. And that page from Sharp was probably the best looking page of the event. This is my #1 most anticipated book and it isn't close)

Plus some others I may be interested in like Blue Beetle, Deathstroke (normally I don't like his solos but Priest is huge), Green Lanterns (never been interested in the franchise but Humphries made a great pitch), Supergirl (Orlando is good, but I'm not sure about the story pitch), Titans (didn't read Titan Hunt because I assumed it was a miniseries but might check this out) and Trinity (I LOVE Manapul's art).

My disappointments are Green Arrow (I don't hate Percy but could definitely do better) and Justice League (not a Hitch fan really). But considering how good some of the other stuff looks I'm happy.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6: Yeah, Rucka on Wonder Woman should be interested. I'm disappointed with Hitch on JL. I'm not a fan of his writing and if his current work on JLA is any indication, his story arcs take way too long to finish.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6: Yeah, Rucka on Wonder Woman should be interested. I'm disappointed with Hitch on JL. I'm not a fan of his writing and if his current work on JLA is any indication, his story arcs take way too long to finish.

Yeah I'm not too concerned about JL as it isn't a book I normally pull, just drop in whenever an arc catches my eye (I only read Throne of Atlantis and Darkseid War from the N52). But I expect I won't be dropping in at all with Hitch on it.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Any books you looking forward to more than others?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

@theexile285: Wonder Woman, All Star Batman, Blue Beetle and Green Lanterns.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I going to be reading Wonder Woman again............

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I going to be reading Wonder Woman again............

Yeah, its great. I've missed being able to read about Diana every month. I was hoping they'd give WW a second ongoing but if Rucka will be doing two different stories each month, that's just as good!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: I can't believe they got Rucka back..... I thought that dude swore off DC for good.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

After seeing every single one of the announcements I must say that DC are winning me over again. I had lost hope in them last year and I had no problem with liking Marvel more, but now all of the books that were announced seem interesting to me. I will give a try to most of them, with a few exceptions, and we will see where that leads.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

2 words: "Detective Comics"...Batman, Batwoman, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown, all in one book, and as a team!? you serious? take my money!

I'm feeling like the good old days are back!

I'm so excited for this one!

As for the others, there's plenty of good news as well, i'm expecting most of them to be good, or at least way better than the previous,except for Batman (the previous was way too good) and Red Hood (Lobdell? again? seriously? at least try DC...)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DC is finally on the right track.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Im just giving it a shot.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see how it all works out

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

Anyone know where the full line-up is. Only seen the new Bat books.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/wondercon-2016-bat-family-rebirth-creative-teams-a/1100-155185/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/wondercon-2016-superman-family-rebirth-creative-te/1100-155186/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/wondercon-2016-justice-league-and-beyond-rebirth-c/1100-155184/

These are missing Earth 2 & Gotham Academy because apparently those books are continuing after Rebirth with little change.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@theexile285: Thanks, not liking the same Suicide Squad as the movie to be honest.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: are there going to be three supermen now? I know yang has Chinese superman and jurgens has post crisis supes ie super son Jonathan's dad. But what about the other titles? Are those jurgens supes or new 52 supes?

I know tomasi is writing the last arc before rebirth and both supermen are in it so hopefully the crappy supes is gone

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By newecho

@bat_girl_cc: but it's going to be a training book and they demoted Tim.

Edit: I am also not at all excited for all star batman. If they wanted Snyder to stay on batman then just do that.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: I don't think anyone was saying they wouldn't recognize continuity, but that it wouldn't be as strict and "handcuff" creative teams. Or something like that.

And as for Red Hood, him having a book doesn't detract from there being a Booster Gold book. Because if you think Lobdell was going to do any better with one of your favorite characters, while I can't see into alternate realities, I wouldn't even take the chance. Speaking from experience.

@newecho said:

@bat_girl_cc: but it's going to be a training book and they demoted Tim.

So, considering Tim is no longer leading the Titans, what book is he in again?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: his main book will be detective comics along with spoiler, cass, and huntress Helena (which I have no idea how that is going to happen considering its the spyral one)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@scouterv: his main book will be detective comics along with spoiler, cass, and huntress Helena (which I have no idea how that is going to happen considering its the spyral one)

...So basically he's getting shafted to be a bit player with the B-Team?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: yep damien will be in charge of the teen titans and they will drag out how inexperienced he is and how the team doesn't like him.. I don't understand why they need a bat fam member to be the leader all the time anyway. Definitely the least exciting book is teen titans and maybe lobdel still being on red hood

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@scouterv: yep damien will be in charge of the teen titans and they will drag out how inexperienced he is and how the team doesn't like him.. I don't understand why they need a bat fam member to be the leader all the time anyway. Definitely the least exciting book is teen titans and maybe lobdel still being on red hood

Honestly, Starfire is probably the oldest. I see no reason she shouldn't be leading this team. At least, do a co-leadership thing. I guess they just follow tradition at this point where it's either a Wondergirl or Robin leading the Titans. I don't see Beast Boy as leader material, Wally is too inexperienced, Raven probably wouldn't want to, and Damian loves giving orders.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm excited to see Terry McGinnis return as Batman Beyond, though I'm still weary of the series if it continues to be set within the same alternate future the current Batman Beyond series with Tim Drake takes place in.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By newecho

@ecstaticgrace: yeah the luthor thing won't last tho,, I agree I would rather them just build the superman character up and use the family of characters to build the brand. The post flashpoint supes is pure garbage and the only title I guess I will be reading after rebirth will be action comics..I guess I will try the others to see but not real hopeful..

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblueangel93: Yeah same. I haven't been reading the current DCYOU Batman Beyond since it didn't have Terry but the setting looks bad and uninteresting.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm somewhat optimistic about it. I'm a little worried about how they seem to have just gotten rid of the New 52 Superman. At least it's more akin to Marvel NOW! than an actual reboot.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh