What DC need to do with there cinematic universe (IMO)

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Edited By flazam

@@For Dawn of Justice plenty of the Justice League cast have been cast in it whether that's in costume or not is yet to be known But we know that Batman and Superman and Wonder-Women will all appear in costume I don't think this is the way they should have done it, They are doing it because The want to "Catch Up" To Marvel but the way Marvel did it was slowly introduce each of there characters and develop them in there own films and linking the films together so when they finally did a crossover film it felt very natural and it worked well. DC are trying to cram as many characters as they can which may turn out like Spiderman 3

So this is what I think DC's Movie plan should be (From Dawn of Justice onwards)

2017: Green Lantern (John Stewart)

2018 Summer: Justice League

2019 Spring: Superman 3 (Just Superman)

2019 Summer: Wonder Women

2020: Summer: Green Lantern 2

2020 Fall :Batman

2021 Spring: Shazam

2021 Summer: Justice League 2

2021 Fall: Flash

2022 Spring:Aquaman

2022: Summer: Green Lantern 3

2023 Spring: Wonder Women 2

2023: Fall: Batman 2

2024: Blackest Night (event movie)

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

DC isn't trying to play catch up with Marvel, they have their own way of doing things, what works for Marvel doesn't necessarily mean it will work for WB/DC. If you look at MCU it took 5 years to build up to Avengers, if you look at WB/DC MOS (2013) - Justice League (2018) which is 5 years as well. So I don't understand why people still say "DC is playing catch-up" when all the facts say otherwise.

Everyone knows who Batman is, we don't need another solo film explaining his origin, I personally really like the new direction their taking with Batman, I hope it works well on film. As for Wonder Woman, maybe introducing her in BvS is the best choice for WB/DC, everyone hated the casting at first, so you can see why she isn't getting a solo movie yet.

Sorry dude, but I like (rumored/confirmed) WB's movie time slots better, it's better fitting for a CBM cinematic universe.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zaied

There is no 'right' way to build a cinematic universe. What Marvel did was a one and done anomaly. It's not some standard that WB would be idiots for not attempting. Introducing the Trinity first and following up with Justice League is their best bet before they start with their solo films.

Also, that would be a terrible lineup. You're just recycling characters that would already have multiple film appearances. DC should really do a Green Lantern trilogy, a Green Lantern event film, and another two Batman films before ever doing Flash, Sandman, or Justice League Dark?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

DC isn't trying to play catch up with Marvel, they have their own way of doing things, what works for Marvel doesn't necessarily mean it will work for WB/DC. If you look at MCU it took 5 years to build up to Avengers, if you look at WB/DC MOS (2013) - Justice League (2018) which is 5 years as well. So I don't understand why people still say "DC is playing catch-up" when all the facts say otherwise.

Everyone knows who Batman is, we don't need another solo film explaining his origin, I personally really like the new direction their taking with Batman, I hope it works well on film. As for Wonder Woman, maybe introducing her in BvS is the best choice for WB/DC, everyone hated the casting at first, so you can see why she isn't getting a solo movie yet.

Sorry dude, but I like (rumored/confirmed) WB's movie time slots better, it's better fitting for a CBM cinematic universe.

When I say catch up I am referring to the cramming in of characters in Dawn of Justice

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ccraft

@flazam: We got Batman and Superman with big roles in BvS, and WW's role in the film is quite unknown at this point. It's too early to be saying they're cramming in characters, to catch-up with Marvel. I hate to bring up X-Men all the time, but look at those films, tons of characters who didn't get solo films, but it still worked.

Snyder directed Watchmen, he handled those characters fairly well imo, which had more characters than BvS.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

DC is totally trying to play catch up. I don't mind alternate to Marvel's CU formation, but people need to just face facts.

Beata

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

No to John Stewart

Superman 3 can't exist without Superman 2.

Flash needs a movie.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DC is not trying to play catch-up. I don't know how many times @lyrafay and I will have to explain this. DC and Marvel DO NOT COMPETE with each other in the film industry. That's Disney and WB. NO ONE at a DC office right now has much, if ANY, say in how DC does their cinematic universe. Has no control over which films, which release dates, who is cast, etc.... DC is NOT in the movie business. WB is, and they use DC characters sometimes, being a parent company and all.

DC and Marvel compete with each other for 2 things.

1) Comic Books

2) I understand they play softball against each other from time to time.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No to John Stewart

Flash needs a movie.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may comes as a surprise to some, but WB does have some knowledge and experience with this whole movie making thing. I feel confident they can handle this. Also no to John Stewart, theres no reason.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

This may comes as a surprise to some, but WB does have some knowledge and experience with this whole movie making thing. I feel confident they can handle this. Also no to John Stewart, theres no reason.

I think he will work very well as he is and intesting character and also after the last film (which was awful) I feel they should use a new character

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

@fallschirmjager said:

No to John Stewart

Flash needs a movie.

Superman 2 otherwise known as Batman vs Superman (Which is Man of Steel 2)

I thought cause of the Flash show he would be incorporated into it I will edit it and add a film I have faith John Stewart would work

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: I heard Snyder or Goyer, I can't remember who it was, but someone said BvS isn't a typical sequel for MOS.

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: Yea, BvS isn't a direct MOS sequel (like not a 2nd solo Supes film) just a continuation of the events that took place in MOS

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think were going to be getting an Aquaman movie WAAY before 2022 dude.

@ccraft said:

@flazam: We got Batman and Superman with big roles in BvS, and WW's role in the film is quite unknown at this point. It's too early to be saying they're cramming in characters, to catch-up with Marvel. I hate to bring up X-Men all the time, but look at those films, tons of characters who didn't get solo films, but it still worked.

Snyder directed Watchmen, he handled those characters fairly well imo, which had more characters than BvS.

Not just that, but look at Guardians of the Galaxy. The movie was like Avengers but didn't need to introduce you to all of the characters in separate films. It's not impossible.

That doesn't appear to be what DC is doing anyways. They have several films coming out between BvS and their "Event Films" in 2018 and 2020.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: Cyborg is going to be in BvS,so that takes care of DCs mandatory black character. John hasn't been the least bit interesting since his early years when he still had the afro and he was just an architec, especially compared to the other lanterns. The GL movie doesn't have impact on future DC films. The majority of those going to see it have no understanding of the actual comics and there being multiple GL's. People where claiming DC as racist since they used Hal Jordan in the film since there only experience with comics was with JL/JLU where John was the GL. They could put in Alan instead and they wouldn't even notice the difference. Also the film. Being BSD has no impact on which character is used, people didn't hate it because of Hal's character. Its the same reason why Hulk keeps getting movies and had so much screen time in the Avengers despite the two movies not being all that great. If they where to replace Hal, Kyle would make much more sense.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see;

1 - Wonder-woman

2 - John Stewart

3 - Wally West

4 - Superman

5 - Batman

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What they need to do is to get other director and stop Snyderverse.

Also they should try to get less monochromatic.

Also no more Batman please.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

What DC needs to do is knock Batman v Superman out of the park.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ccraft

@silverpool: Yeah, I didn't see GoTG yet so I couldn't really bring it up, but people have been, more or less, saying the same thing as you about the film. Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Black Widow, a few other characters in the MCU didn't get their own films, they were smart to introduce these characters in cameos, like in Iron Man, Thor, etc...

I can't think of any other reason WW would be in BvS other than being a small cameo, I'm sure her role will be important though.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

scrap it. throw it in the toilet and flush it. they put about as much effort into making it as using said toilet.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever they gonna do don't look too good.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

3 JL movies 4th as reboot for Crisis on Infinite Earths

new cast etc another 3 JL movies 4th reboot for Zero Hour

new cast etc another 3 JL movies 4th reboot Flashpoint

new cast etc you get the idea

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@flazam: For all we know right now all those crammed in characters might be glorified cameos. Thus far Wonder Woman is the only hero other than Batman and Superman that's really going to be part of the story and honestly I think if they had said from the outset that it was a Trinity movie, fans would have complained much less.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13