What cool comic shops have you come across while traveling?

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Katie24

Just got back from a little vacation to Santa Cruz California. While I was there I came across a pretty cool little comic shop called Comicopolis. They specialize in graphic novels and had a decent collection of rare and out of print books. The guy working there was also very cool and helpful. I picked up a few graphic novels, Orc Stain for my husband, Return of the Drapper Men for my son and Green Arrow: Year One for myself. If you are in the area please check it out.

What cool comic shops have you come across?

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

comic world, comic shop and thats about it.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

Oh and comic world.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I've only been to two comic shops, one was terrible, and I don't remember it's name. The other is Carolina Comics, it has a great collection of comics and comic related stuff, they also run game tournaments, and the people who run it are incredibly nice.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By IrishX
@Katie24: I just uploaded some images of a local comic shop....  Aquilonia. (Also, good avatar)
BST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BST

Captain Blue Hen in Newark, DE is REALLY awesome to visit. Fantom Comics in the train station in DC is small but very pleasant.

The places in Northern Virginia are kind of blah but I love my two "home" shops; Little Fish in Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg, VA and Atlas Comics in Charlottesville, VA.

I once visited a shop in Minneapolis and it was pretty much the only comic shop I've been to where I felt like I was not welcome there.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By CainPanell

A Little store called Kryptic Games and More got built near me finally :D Great guys, Gave me 20% Off my pull today.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Kiltro95

There's a local comic shop in Seatac called ancient comics, and they specifically sell comics from the 60s-90s.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@BST said:

Captain Blue Hen in Newark, DE is REALLY awesome to visit. Fantom Comics in the train station in DC is small but very pleasant.

The places in Northern Virginia are kind of blah but I love my two "home" shops; Little Fish in Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg, VA and Atlas Comics in Charlottesville, VA.

I once visited a shop in Minneapolis and it was pretty much the only comic shop I've been to where I felt like I was not welcome there.

Dude we live in the same area O.o. Little Fish for me I go there every week for my fix.

I've been to Midtown as well which was one of the biggest nerdgasms of my life.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Aiden Cross

In my town there is this very tiny comic book shop, and it sells only old comics from every country in the world, also in different languages.

zexion_armando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By zexion_armando

There was this comic store i went to in NYC when I visited, was awesome. They had this badass bust of Emperor Palpatine, which is the only thing I remember from it.

I love my local comic shop here in Houston too. Its my home away from home now lol.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blazinasian112

In Maryland, where I use to live "Third Eye Comics" In Annapolis was great. But now in Los Angeles...Hi De Ho COmics, Meltdown COmics, and Goldern Apple comics are all great!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

My favourite was the one I grew up with in Vancouver, Comicland. Still there, going strong, aisles getting tighter and tighter to navigate since the owner refuses to move to accommodate all his stuff.

In Toronto though it's The Beguiling downtown and Paradise in midtown Toronto, but there is this out of the way place in the suburbs that I discovered that is awesome. Not very friendly staff there though but that's okay, I know what I want.

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Zomboid

The coolest comic shops I've been to are Midtown in NYC and Atomic Comics in Philly.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KnightRise

there arent many comic book shops here in Rochester Ny, the only good one is this place called Comic Book Heaven. The owner is this awesome super chill 70s era comic guru who always accomodates customers. Plus he moves things around in his shop all the time and new things pop up every visit. He also has cats in the store. A lot of cats.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Katie24

Oh, I've also been to the Isotope in San Francisco. I was there attending a book signing by J.H. Williams III and W.Haden Blackman. Very cool place. I'm going to another J.H. Williams III book signing this month at Red Sky Comics in Merced, CA, which is near were I live, very excited!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Katie24: was it a good place?

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers