Was DC TV Alluding to Carol Ferris this Whole Time?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Tell me what you guys think:

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I hope not. Nothing against carol but I've been waiting my ads of for either the brave and the bold of the hard traveling heroes with Hal. We missed that with the DCAU,Smallville etc. I'm fine with Carol showing up and I'm fine with her being a heroine but not if it means Hal won't as well

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Kidd

They made a reference to her since the first season of Arrow, the plane they planned to blow up was hers.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think that would be cool, Carol is one of my favorite female characters in comics and my second favorite Lantern based character, and I'd love to see her get a push. Heck I'd love for her to get a comic, she's well devolved enough for it, and Lantern books always sell well.

I would say I don't think they could do her well on TV, but the CW has proved me wrong before.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have, but this still doesnt mean she will show.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Green Lantern properties is untouchable on small screen.. they can just make tiny bits of easter eggs.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By dngn4774

I have mixed feelings on this.

On the one hand, like HCH points out, introducing Carol ahead or instead of Hal is a good way to separate her character from the typical Hal's girlfriend identity, that has haunted her and many of DC's original female characters.

However, if the history of Arrow has taught us anything, it is that Ollie can never have a platonic relationships with females that aren't directly related to him. Frankly, I'm tired with the constant CW shipping that has plagued this show. Furthermore, if Ollie and Carol formed that kind of relationship it would just recreate the exact stereotype that Carol's appearence was initially meant to break, making her just Ollie's girl instead of Hal's.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14