UPDATE: New Report Claims That WONDER WOMAN Is A "Discombobulated" Mess Like BATMAN v SUPERMAN

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@transformers1024 said:

@theamazingspidey: I think you're missing my point that these guys have called the last two DC films flops in advance and they've earned the benefit of the doubt when they report Wonder Woman is another flop.

I get your point: they claimed an inside source told them BvS and Suicide Squad would be a flop and they both turned out bad. I believe them on the Suicide Squad one: after all, he saw the film himself.

However, I think DoJ was just a guess. I can say Ghost In The Shell and Transformers will be critical flops and lemme tell you, they will be flops. That's just a guess and doesn't imply I have an inside source, even if I said I did.

If the guy had seen Wonder Woman, I'd certainly give him the benefit of the doubt. But don't you think that when they say "he said, she said"... there's a chance they're just bullshitting?

Hope you understand my point.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Obviously no reason to put any credence into this rumour. Even if someone did actually say that the movie is bad, that's a pretty subjective thing that usually makes no difference to whether I'm going to like it or not.

I'm hoping that Geoff Johns, as a writer, had the opportunity to really shape the script. Seeing his name up there gives me a lot of confidence.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

I'll wait for the movie and then I'll come back.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no reason to have anxiety over this movie. Just enjoy the free trailers and pictures for now, and if the reviews are good, see the movie! There's too much good stuff to worry. The only ones that have to worry is the studio.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no reason to have anxiety over this movie. Just enjoy the free trailers and pictures for now, and if the reviews are good, see the movie! There's too much good stuff to worry. The only ones that have to worry is the studio.

Speak for yourself. I want-no, I need this movie to be good. Or I'll just wear my Wonder Woman onesie and cry myself to sleep as I read Wonder Woman comics.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: a petition to build a big, beautiful wall between us and Patty Jenkins.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I dunno..I think They very much WANT WW to be huge hit... and JL. But it's different than needing. It's not like if these two films under-achieve WB is going to go out of business and DC is going to sell all their rights to Marvel. It'll just be a "too bad that happened" sort of thing and then move on. Besides, getting back to the OP..since when is a "discombobulated mess" necessarily a bad thing. From a telling story POV few stories were a bigger mess than CW and it did fine. (Granted the marketing and production were good, but if you know anything about story-telling...Zemo's plan had a 0% chance of working and yet still did.) So if the script is a mess..that can be overcome, and it the action genre often is. If the production is a mess, that's a different story.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I dunno..I think They very much WANT WW to be huge hit... and JL. But it's different than needing. It's not like if these two films under-achieve WB is going to go out of business and DC is going to sell all their rights to Marvel. It'll just be a "too bad that happened" sort of thing and then move on. Besides, getting back to the OP..since when is a "discombobulated mess" necessarily a bad thing. From a telling story POV few stories were a bigger mess than CW and it did fine. (Granted the marketing and production were good, but if you know anything about story-telling...Zemo's plan had a 0% chance of working and yet still did.) So if the script is a mess..that can be overcome, and it the action genre often is. If the production is a mess, that's a different story.

You're right. Neither of those films being critical failures would discontinue the DCEU: after all, they've invested too much in latter projects to pull out, but I do think if the film financially flops - well, I can only imagine what DC would do, lal.

To address the latter part of your comment: well, the "inside source" (hypothetically) didn't speak of the film favourably at all. If he/she said "well, the story is a mess, but it's still a fun action film" that'd be a different story, but here's what they said:

I'm very disappointed in what I saw, and it seems like all the problems are the same problems.

Key phrase is "same problems."

There's a difference between BvS-kinda mess and Civil War-kind of mess. Civil War, like literally every other superhero film in existence, relies on story elements that require suspension of disbelief, but it's still a pretty well-edited, well placed film that, for a story of it's scale, worked pretty well (I'll avoid using hyperbolic terms 'cause I rather not get off topic and turn this into a is Civil War overrated or not discussion, Lol), while a mess in the vein of BvS is choke full of structural and momentary editing problems, isn't very well paced, structured or well told. Since the so-called inside source speaks of the film unenthusiastically and adds same problems [as past DC efforts] this is being projected as more of a Suicide Squad/BvS editing/filmmaking mess than a suspension of disbelief Civil War kinda mess.

Just my two cents.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Honestly at this point, I highly doubt it but if it's so I'll expect some sort of dispute between WB and Jenkins to be the source of the problem. Jenkins seems really sure on making a good Wondy film so I have my doubts. That being said, it'll be par for the course if it's true.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Better to wait for more trailers and footage than to jump to conclusions. Though the same things were said about Suicide Squad in the rumour mill...

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything:

This comment lol:

"From a telling story POV few stories were a bigger mess than CW and it did fine. (Granted the marketing and production were good, but if you know anything about story-telling...Zemo's plan had a 0% chance of working and yet still did.) So if the script is a mess..that can be overcome, and it the action genre often is."

It's hilarious how obsessed people(DC) are with Marvels success. They can't even talk about DC's failures without bringing up or throwing a shot at Marvel.

Even the girl in the video while trying to defend DC went straight into a Marvel comparison.

Marvel success is driving the haters crazy!

"ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!"

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything said:

You're right. Neither of those films being critical failures would discontinue the DCEU: after all, they've invested too much in latter projects to pull out, but I do think if the film financially flops - well, I can only imagine what DC would do, lal.

To address the latter part of your comment: well, the "inside source" (hypothetically) didn't speak of the film favourably at all. If he/she said "well, the story is a mess, but it's still a fun action film" that'd be a different story, but here's what they said:

I'm very disappointed in what I saw, and it seems like all the problems are the same problems.

There's a difference between BvS-kinda mess and Civil War-kind of mess. Civil War, like literally every other superhero film in existence, relies on story elements that require suspension of disbelief, but it's still a pretty well-edited, well placed film that, for a story of it's scale, worked pretty well (I'll avoid using hyperbolic terms 'cause I rather not get off topic and turn this into a is Civil War overrated or not discussion, Lol), while a mess in the vein of BvS is choke full of structural and momentary editing problems, isn't very well paced, structured or well told. Since the so-called inside source speaks of the film unenthusiastically and adds same problems [as past DC efforts] this is being projected as more of a Suicide Squad/BvS editing/filmmaking mess than a suspension of disbelief Civil War kinda mess.

Just my two cents.

NP. I appreciate your two cents and think you're pretty level-headed for this site. :) Just to clarify, I'm not saying CW was overrated as a film. As a story, it was, but films can overcome that as film making and scripting, while they can work wonderfully together, are two different art forms. The actual story of CW gets a D- in my book, but the film making aspect gets an A. In action movies (mores than in Dramas) the latter is more important. I mean, most Bond stories (that I've seen, I'm not huge Bond fan) are silly and contrived, but they're iconic because they fill out their suspense/fantasy aspects quite well. So I'd agree, if the problem with WW really is it's a mess from a film making standpoint, yes, it'll probably be disappointing. I think the only place I disagree with you is on what DC will do. I think they'll go on with business as usual. I think they understand how fast things can turn. Not to give away my age, but I remember when DC was way ahead of Marvel in movies for their characters. They had Christopher Reeve and Tim Burton films, meanwhile Marvel spent money on films for the FF, Captain America and Spider-Man that were made, but never released. For awhile, Marvel's best movie was Howard the Duck, which was horrible. Things have changed, and can change again (note, I'm saying can, not will) so I kinda snicker when people say "The DCEU will never catch the Marvel MCU." There's no way to know that. There's not even a way to know what the odds of that happening are. I mean if they need to reboot, than reboot. That's what they did with Batman after the Schumacher films. They didn't keep making Schumacher films, they turned it over to Christopher Nolan & CO. Nothing is to stop them from making a DCEU 2.0. Heck, I'd even say Marvels film now are Marvel 2.0, it's just that most people never saw Marvel 1.0. (Which was smart on their part.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's just a rumor. I'd say the only direction the DCEU can go is up at this point. More of the same would be disappointing, especially if they flop a big female cmb, it's not like there's a ton of good ones out there.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3:

"I'd say the only direction the DCEU can go is up at this point."

Dont be so sure, buddy. I said the samething after MOS came out and the DCCU movies have only gotten worse and worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: that's fair, but I'd rather not take such a pessimistic stance, even if history suggests it might be a more accurate one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: u do know that is not an actual fact right? its just like ur opinion

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Hold the phone here. Are you telling me one of the producers is named Richard Suckle? .... As in Dick Suckle? Someone named their child Dick Suckle.

.... They must have hated him so much.

(lol) And you don't? Probably you will...

Obviously no reason to put any credence into this rumour. Even if someone did actually say that the movie is bad, that's a pretty subjective thing that usually makes no difference to whether I'm going to like it or not.

I'm hoping that Geoff Johns, as a writer, had the opportunity to really shape the script. Seeing his name up there gives me a lot of confidence.

I don't think that way, in a movie you just have 2h to tell your story, perhaps one reason why is so hard to translate video-games into the movie medium... So i really don't see how comic book writers can improve movie scripts, they could give their input on the characters, but construct the narrative is a very difference story...

KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn, not suprised with the bias against DC movies at this point, even if this was another TDK, Marvel fanboiz would still find ways to show how it flopped, lmfao.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it doesn't matter as long as you like the film.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@manwhohaseverything said:

Just my two cents.

NP. I appreciate your two cents and think you're pretty level-headed for this site. :) Just to clarify, I'm not saying CW was overrated as a film. As a story, it was, but films can overcome that as film making and scripting, while they can work wonderfully together, are two different art forms. The actual story of CW gets a D- in my book, but the film making aspect gets an A. In action movies (mores than in Dramas) the latter is more important. I mean, most Bond stories (that I've seen, I'm not huge Bond fan) are silly and contrived, but they're iconic because they fill out their suspense/fantasy aspects quite well. So I'd agree, if the problem with WW really is it's a mess from a film making standpoint, yes, it'll probably be disappointing. I think the only place I disagree with you is on what DC will do. I think they'll go on with business as usual. I think they understand how fast things can turn. Not to give away my age, but I remember when DC was way ahead of Marvel in movies for their characters. They had Christopher Reeve and Tim Burton films, meanwhile Marvel spent money on films for the FF, Captain America and Spider-Man that were made, but never released. For awhile, Marvel's best movie was Howard the Duck, which was horrible. Things have changed, and can change again (note, I'm saying can, not will) so I kinda snicker when people say "The DCEU will never catch the Marvel MCU." There's no way to know that. There's not even a way to know what the odds of that happening are. I mean if they need to reboot, than reboot. That's what they did with Batman after the Schumacher films. They didn't keep making Schumacher films, they turned it over to Christopher Nolan & CO. Nothing is to stop them from making a DCEU 2.0. Heck, I'd even say Marvels film now are Marvel 2.0, it's just that most people never saw Marvel 1.0. (Which was smart on their part.)

Heh, thank you. I think you're pretty level headed too.

I'm glad you're on the same page. I agree on you with Civil War's filmmaking compensating the story - hell, the story of The Dark Knight is far from perfect (I mean, c'mon, Joker's 15 step plan is really far-fetched and belongs in a BBC episode of Sherlock. There's no way someone could do that in real life) but the filmmaking in that movie more than compensates. If Wonder Woman similarly is a mess as a story, I think it can still be good. But if it's the inside source is reliable in calling the film a "mess", I think we should be worried. Personally, though? I don't think we should take this source for anything more than a point of discussion, Lol.

Huh, you bring up some good points. There are no absolutes and it's always possible for DC to climb back up even if they release a Catwoman-level film, but if Wonder Woman and Justice League are 2 for 2 flops, it'll create an illusion that there is no way for this DCEU to work, and the DCEU will be the biggest laughing stock of cinema history. I hope that isn't the case though. This may come out of left field, but I just want to say that the fan's actually care more about DCEU vs. MCU more than the filmmakers themselves, which is funny. Scott Derrickson, director of Doc Strange, was defending Suicide Squad when the reviews rolled in, and and in general, and the directors have healthy relationships with each other on social media. Jut wanted to get that out.

You have a lot of good points and are pretty well informed.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

it doesn't matter as long as you like the film.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

Geoff Johns' involvement is no guarantee, but it's definitely a good sign. He knows the characters; what's important in comic stories; how to craft great dialogue; and has great ideas for plot.

Much bettter than simply leaving it to Hollywood execs who have no idea.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: well, but if not enough other people don't like the movie you won't get sequels to the movie you like.

It matters.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Transformaa

UPDATE:..STFU

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh, not really optimistic either way.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By Eto

Why is this guy still not banned? No seriously, this is the uptheenth hate post. You don't have to like DC, but the movie isnt even out yet. Like come on

Could you give him a warning? @jashro44

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew who posted this before I even clicked.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Why is this guy still not banned? No seriously, this is the uptheenth hate post. You don't have to like DC, but the movie isnt even out yet. Like come on

I'm a battle mod so I don't usually moderate threads in the general discussion forum (because I don't really know what type of threads are acceptable). I'll tag @xwraith and see what he says.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

@Eto:

What's wrong with this thread? This is legit news being posted on several web-sites. Just because news doesn't favor your studio of choice does not make it wrong.

Stop being hypersensitive. Articles like this are posted all the time.

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: lol not really dude. You know you posted this with intent to slander WW. You've been doing this for a while with majority of DC films. Not that I care or anything but you make it WAY too obvious.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerbat88: honestly I just thought this would be big news we could discuss.

When did simple truth become a big deal on this site--oh wait....I know when.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Good point about TDK. First time I saw it I liked it sooo much (especially Ledger) that I went along and enjoyed the ride. Wasn't until my 3rd or 4th viewing that i saw the problems in the story. I still like it a lot and always will but I even wonder about the tech aspect. Could one, especially in 2008, really turn every cell phone into a microphone capable of showing ultra-sound images? Even with made up Wayne Tech? Is that even theoretically possible? I don't know as I'm not a tech-junkie, but it seems far-fetched. Anyhow, getting a bit off-topic here. AS for WW, time will tell. I may be disappointed but end of the day who cares? I've been disappointed by several films and my life seems to be unhindered.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: I don't know about logistics either, but I agree it seems far fetched. However, I don't think it's a biggie as long as the universe knows it's rules and it's something that Can happen in that universe. I certainly wouldn't call it great writing, Lmao.

So to answer your question, my intuition tells me no.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By EarthsMightiest

I hope Chris Pine has been doing his squats because he is going to have to carry this whole movie on his shoulders.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes me think of the song, "Take It On The Run" by REO Speedwagon.

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: I understand what your intent was, a discussion, but you posted this with such bias that it comes off as you just trashing and slandering DC. Your past threads being the evidence of that bias. Also, with you stating that this is truth, I am assuming that the info from Schmo is what you are saying is truth, is indeed a nonsensical spewing of "he said, she said" bias with no source, and their Twitter account stating that no one saw the movie.

Like I said, I understand your intent, but if you don't want to get attacked, do it in a neutral way not a "Ha ha ha DC sucks" kinda way.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@earthsmightiest said:

I hope Chris Pine has been doing his squats because he is going to have to carry this whole movie on his shoulders.

I don't know how people come up with this shit xD

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Eto

@jashro44: I'm sorry man, next time I'll tag xwaith

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao at all the butthurt.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsalt: I never said anything was wrong with the thread. When a user tells me there is a problem I don't usually ignore it. This is the first thread I've seen you make.

@eto said:

@jashro44: I'm sorry man, next time I'll tag xwaith

Its cool.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

...True story.

...It happened to a friend of a friend mine.

>.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@jashro44 said:
@eto said:

I'm a battle mod so I don't usually moderate threads in the general discussion forum (because I don't really know what type of threads are acceptable). I'll tag @xwraith and see what he says.

I wasn't aware he was causing any trouble.