• 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for spideygirl
Posted by spideygirl (46 posts) - - Show Bio
2433399-cats.jpg

Who is the best Peter Parker?

Avatar image for theantirevamp
#1 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew,Toby lacked the humor of Peter Parker.

Avatar image for kainscion
#2 Posted by KainScion (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp: did you see the new movie?

@spideygirl: this is pointless for now because nobody has seen it yet.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
#3 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen the movie so I can't yet say for sure...but it looks like Andrew is gonna be a little better.

Avatar image for awesam
#4 Posted by AweSam (7527 posts) - - Show Bio

As an actor, Tobey's better. What I got from the trailers is that Andrew over-acts and puts too much humor. Tobey made a more realistic and convincing Spider-Man. But we can't tell for sure until the movie comes out.

Avatar image for oraclefyre
#5 Posted by oraclefyre (944 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Tobey.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

Jazz hands!

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (11050 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both actors bring something different to Peter Parker.

Avatar image for nickthedevil
#8 Posted by nickthedevil (14901 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield is a better Spider-man, Tobey Maguire is a better Peter Parker.

Avatar image for jedixman
#9 Posted by JediXMan (36988 posts) - - Show Bio

Let ya know when I see the movie sometime next week.

Moderator
Avatar image for gambit1024
#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk, I'll let you know on Monday.

Avatar image for deadcool
#11 Posted by Deadcool (6939 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I think both actors bring something different to Peter Parker.

THIS

Avatar image for oraclefyre
#12 Posted by oraclefyre (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Andrew Garfield is a better Spider-man, Tobey Maguire is a better Peter Parker.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Avatar image for jnr6lil
#13 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I think both actors bring something different to Peter Parker.

Agreed. Andrew's Peter Parker showed a more charming, humurous Peter Parker "the cool nerd", while Toby's was the anti-social Peter.

Avatar image for spideygirl
#14 Posted by spideygirl (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Andrew Garfield is a better Spider-man, Tobey Maguire is a better Peter Parker.

So, both of them should act in the movie haha

Avatar image for death_certificate
#15 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people like toby? his peter was 100% whiny past the first movie and was incredibly flat as spider-man.

Avatar image for _zombie_
#16 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't even seen ASM yet, and I already think Andrew is better.

Avatar image for the_thunderer
#17 Posted by The_Thunderer (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

Haven't seen the movie so I can't yet say for sure...but it looks like Andrew is gonna be a little better.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#18 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5252 posts) - - Show Bio

The people who prefer Maguire as Spider-Man cried during Seabiscuit.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I haven't even seen ASM yet, and I already think Andrew is better.

Avatar image for girth
#20 Posted by girth (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Garfield seems to be more like Ultimate Spiderman/Peter.

Avatar image for majestic99
#21 Posted by majestic99 (8915 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideygirl said:

2433399-cats.jpg

Who is the best Peter Parker?

The movie hasn't even come out yet....

Avatar image for the_stegman
#22 Edited by The Stegman (35280 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't even seen the movie, and I pick Andrew by default, that one line in the trailer when the thug draws a knife on him and he says 
 

 
 
Was funnier than anything Tobey has ever done in any of the movies, dude was just bland.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Let ya know when I see the movie sometime next week.

@Gambit1024 said:

Idk, I'll let you know on Monday.

Avatar image for nlghtcrawler
#24 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp said:

Andrew,Toby lacked the humor of Peter Parker.

Avatar image for agent9149
#25 Posted by Agent9149 (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

As an actor, Tobey's better. What I got from the trailers is that Andrew over-acts and puts too much humor. Tobey made a more realistic and convincing Spider-Man. But we can't tell for sure until the movie comes out.

YOU SPEAKETH PURE TRUTH

Avatar image for redowl_1
#26 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp said:

Andrew,Toby lacked the humor of Peter Parker.

Easily this

Avatar image for gambit1024
#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield and Peter Parker are one and the same. Much like RDJ and Iron Man, this was a match made in heaven.

Avatar image for theannihilator
#28 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1048 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Andrew Garfield and Peter Parker are one and the same. Much like RDJ and Iron Man, this was a match made in heaven.

It seems like I'm stalking you, but I agree.

Avatar image for moywar700
#29 Posted by moywar700 (3013 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for luffyduzumaki
#30 Posted by LuffyDUzumaki (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I will always like Tobys spiderman the same people that are maliciously attacking him were the same ones that loved Spiderman 3 when it came but now all of a sudden its the worst comicbook movie ever because of a 4 minute trailer. Im going to give this new movie a chance and see how it works out, although they will probably never replace J.K Simmons Jonah Jameson.

.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#31 Posted by buttersdaman000 (17755 posts) - - Show Bio

So Andrew is better simply because he was funnier? I'm going with Tobey as the all around better Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Avatar image for onemoreposter
#32 Posted by Onemoreposter (4335 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

So Andrew is better simply because he was funnier? I'm going with Tobey as the all around better Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Yeah, this. Saw the movie yesterday. I think Tobey was a superior Parker, but under the mask Garfield was a superior Spider-Man, if that makes sense.

Avatar image for jnr6lil
#33 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuffyDUzumaki said:

I will always like Tobys spiderman the same people that are maliciously attacking him were the same ones that loved Spiderman 3 when it came but now all of a sudden its the worst comicbook movie ever because of a 4 minute trailer. Im going to give this new movie a chance and see how it works out, although they will probably never replace J.K Simmons Jonah Jameson.

.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#34 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything's better than dark Jazz Peter Parker. Maguire was way too whiney. Garfield FTW.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#35 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield wrecked Maguire.

Avatar image for the_tree
#36 Posted by the_tree (8608 posts) - - Show Bio

Having watched the first Raimi film a few days ago and TASM today, I have to go with Andrew. Andrew, in my humble opinion, embodied every thing I feel Spider-Man is about. He's nerdy, smart, funny, and he has that unmistakable Peter Parker charm.

Avatar image for uncanny_doom
#37 Edited by Uncanny_Doom (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey was better all around. People don't want to admit it, but it's true. Garfield had some really questionable mannerisms and expressions as Parker, and he failed immensely at cracking jokes as Spider-Man.

People knock Tobey for crying like Garfield didn't do the same thing in his movie too. This guy was balling within the first 30 minutes before anyone even died, and he spends a good portion of the last 20 minutes of the film crying for no reason as well.

Avatar image for backflip
#38 Posted by Backflip (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Having watched the first Raimi film a few days ago and TASM today, I have to go with Andrew. Andrew, in my humble opinion, embodied every thing I feel Spider-Man is about. He's nerdy, smart, funny, and he has that unmistakable Peter Parker charm.

I've tried to think of a way I can embody my thoughts better, but you've pretty much summed them up.

Avatar image for savage_hawkman
#39 Edited by Savage_Hawkman (129 posts) - - Show Bio

   

  
 
 

@ZombieBigfoot said:

I haven't even seen ASM yet, and I already think Andrew is better.

     THIS
Avatar image for thecannon
#40 Posted by TheCannon (20267 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey.

Avatar image for primepower53
#41 Posted by primepower53 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew for the sole fact that he was never an emo Parker

Avatar image for _zombie_
#42 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Savage_Hawkman: God I hated that scene. You kind of just damaged your own case there, lol.

Avatar image for savage_hawkman
#43 Posted by Savage_Hawkman (129 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot: I hated the scene too. That's why I posted the clip. I agreed with your comment.
Avatar image for _zombie_
#44 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Savage_Hawkman: Ooooohhh, alright then. Nevermind.

Avatar image for _genesis_
#45 Posted by _Genesis_ (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew is better.

Avatar image for jnr6lil
#46 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

People say Andrew because he's new unlike Tobey who we haven't seen since 06

Avatar image for rowen545
#47 Posted by Rowen545 (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Tobey was whiney, but not always. Sometimes he was blank or expressionless. 

Avatar image for mega_spidey01
#48 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

andrew garfield peter's parker is a man.

tobey is just a boy.

Avatar image for mega_spidey01
#49 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Andrew Garfield and Peter Parker are one and the same. Much like RDJ and Iron Man, this was a match made in heaven.
Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
#50 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield=Best Spidey | Maguire=Best Parker