Time To Replace Bruce Wayne As Batman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By s1ckb0y

Check this out. Marvel has been busy promoting diversity lately with the new Iron Man, but DC hasn't been doing as much. Sure, one of the members of the JL is African American and Green Lantern's new team mate is Hispanic. But that's not enough, they need to go further than that. I'm 17 years old and African American and I say it's time for a change!

I propose we replace Bruce Wayne as Batman. He's been Batman for 75 years now. The whole tall, dark and handsome white guy is so 1940's. We need to get with modern age here and embrace diversity.

Batman should be reintroduced as a teenage transgendered Jewish Eskimo! I mean think about it. How many Eskimo superheroes do you see? What about transgendered? I can't think of any main Jewish DC superheros. Can you?

DC needs to drive a solid stake in ground with diversity. What better way than replacing a main character. You are tackling 3 demographics at once. Some fans might not like this. But I say, get with the program we're living in 2016. Time to embrace diversity! DC will gain a lot more readers than they lose by doing this.

Here's a good plot for it. Bruce is experimenting with some portal technology and falls into a rift to an alternate earth. Later for some reason the Batman of that Earth pops out of the portal to take Bruce's place. He's a 17 year old former female Eskimo who's a genius. His weakness is he refuses to fight crime from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday because of his commitment to Torah Law.

What do you guys think? Who's with me?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Laying it on a bit thick there, Jonathan Swift.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Simon Baz is Lebanese and a Muslim not an African American get your facts right.

Superman is Alien

Wonder Woman is an Amazon

Cyborg is African American

Barry Allen is from a Protestant background

Batman might be considered Agnostic.

Jessica Cruz is a Latina

Arthur is half Atlantean

^Is that not diverse enough?

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone I didn't want to make two threads. So here's my proposal for Superman.

I say we replace Clark Kent with a teenage, Mormon, bisexual, African American woman in a wheelchair.

Here's how I see it playing out. For some reason, all of Clark's powers are transferred to this girl. But for some reason her powers don't work right. So Batman invents a special bracelet so she can use her powers. But she's trying to keep a secret identity, so she stays in the wheelchair when she's not in the costume. Meanwhile, she lives with a Mormon family and struggles with her sexual identity.

Pretty awesome, right?!

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By darkdetective27

First off no.

Secondly all they have to do is make Batman gay and instant diversity. ;p

Thirdly dont you think you guys are overreacting a little.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@s1ckb0y said:

Check this out. Marvel has been busy promoting diversity lately with the new Iron Man, but DC hasn't been doing as much. Sure, one of the members of the JL is African American and Green Lantern's new team mate is Hispanic. But that's not enough, they need to go further than that. I'm 17 years old and African American and I say it's time for a change!

I propose we replace Bruce Wayne as Batman. He's been Batman for 75 years now. The whole tall, dark and handsome white guy is so 1940's. We need to get with modern age here and embrace diversity.

Batman should be reintroduced as a teenage transgendered Jewish Eskimo! I mean think about it. How many Eskimo superheroes do you see? What about transgendered? I can't think of any main Jewish DC superheros. Can you?

DC needs to drive a solid stake in ground with diversity. What better way than replacing a main character. You are tackling 3 demographics at once. Some fans might not like this. But I say, get with the program we're living in 2016. Time to embrace diversity! DC will gain a lot more readers than they lose by doing this.

Here's a good plot for it. Bruce is experimenting with some portal technology and falls into a rift to an alternate earth. Later for some reason the Batman of that Earth pops out of the portal to take Bruce's place. He's a 17 year old former female Eskimo who's a genius. His weakness is he refuses to fight crime from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday because of his commitment to Torah Law.

What do you guys think? Who's with me?

Shit I was about to debate you, but then I realized this is bait.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off no.

Secondly all they have to do is make Batman gay and instant diversity. ;p

Thirdly dont you think you guys are overreacting a little.

^^^

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Simon Baz is Lebanese and a Muslim not an African American get your facts right.

Superman is Alien

Jessica Cruz is a Latina

Arthur is half Atlantean

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your proposal isn't good enough. Make him even more diverse.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a better idea we should just keep the character just as they are.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace batman with Midnighter

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread should be locked. Terrible attempt at bait.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm, no, but about your Superman proposal (also no) they already announced a new Superman titled "New Superman" (I know, shocking) that is Asian, and they already tried replacing Batman after Endgame, it didn´t turned out so well. The fact of Marvel replacing is not completely good. They already replaced Cap, Thor, Hulk, Ms Marvel and now Iron Man, it´s not bad but they don´t need to replace EVERY character, hell, they even have a tiny Ciclops just because. DC is doing just fine with their sales, Rebirth is killing Civil War on sales and DC don´t need to point even more their diversity replacing major characters just because

DC knows what they´re doing and the don´t need to do the same as Marvel who right now is disappointing 70% of his comics readers with unnecessary plots and changes

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He never said Simon Baz is African American, he said 'one of' the jl is, which is Cyborg. His facts are fine.

Avatar image for wildlydistracted
WildlyDistracted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster:

Superman is Alien

Jessica Cruz is a Latina

Arthur is half Atlantean

The crux of batman is that he goes against every superstition. Some elseworld stories further this (elsewords where his persona is intact) as he states he doesn't believe in the afterlife.

So "might" might be an understatement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not progressive enough for me.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@vinomonster said:

Superman is Alien

Jessica Cruz is a Latina

Arthur is half Atlantean

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top kek, mate. Now go sit in the corner.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, thanks.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a better idea we should just keep the character just as they are.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your proposal isn't good enough. Make him even more diverse.

You're right. We can't sell him short. We could make him autistic too.

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Laying it on a bit thick there, Jonathan Swift.

Sometimes the truth is rough. :)

Superman is Alien

Jessica Cruz is a Latina

Arthur is half Atlantean

But that's not enough. Marvel should be the blue print for diversity. They have characters like Blue Marvel and War Machine. But that wasn't enough. They pushed the envelope even further.

@comicace3: No bait here. We are just having a serious discussion about making Batman an Autistic Teenage Transgendered Jewish Eskimo.

Replace batman with Midnighter

Not diverse enough. Marvel is the new standard.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have another idea. It's time we replace Ghost Rider and seeing we don't have many senior citizen superheroes. Let's make Aunt May the new Ghost Rider!!!! She could ride around in her Hell-Infused Buick delivering vengence to evil-dooers.

Pretty awesome!!!!

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s1ckb0y said:

I have another idea. It's time we replace Ghost Rider and seeing we don't have many senior citizen superheroes. Let's make Aunt May the new Ghost Rider!!!! She could ride around in her Hell-Infused Buick delivering vengence to evil-dooers.

Pretty awesome!!!!

Lmao thank you for that. Made my day.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s1ckb0y said:

Pretty awesome!!!!

Lmao thank you for that. Made my day.

I'm glad it did. :D

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarthAznable

Because DC doesn't try to pander as hard as Marvel. Marvel is just lazy and hardly ever want to make a new character or at least do well in their writing for replacements.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Haven't they already replaced him 3 times?