kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By kbroskywalker

1. WTF IS WITH BEAST BOY

A. So apparently tim died, and to greive beast boy now throws parties at his rich uncle's house

B. Oh and this was a gem:

"since we're probably going to get married and have beautiful athletic children I'd better introduce myself". Great opener right there. Best part? The lassie named tina(sorry tyra) is cool with it. Clever writing for the win!

C. And then this person beast boy has never heard of before knows that beastboy is gar(no explanation whatsoever)

D. Oh and beast boy doesn't crack a single joke, not a single one, nah he's too busy partying as a way to deal with the death of his former friend(though to be fair, new 52 tim was annoying as hell in teen titans.)

E. The hair *sighs

e. Well he does just randomly turn into a shark and scare a girl 'he was probabally going to marry" off, so I guess that was er...funny.

2. Starfire's was decent

A. But tip for the superheroring:

Don;t turn away from the dude you just knocked down

B. oh and "the heat is delicious" was a decent character moment as was the connection between her origin as a slavae abs stopping slaves

3. Raven...

A. Has dyed hair

B. Has no qualms about using her powers on defenseless guards

C. "the emptiness soothes me" though to be fair that part 's pretty in character

4. WALLY WEST!(not the actual wally west)

A. Why is it for everyone of these heroes, we're starting off with their loneliness/"love addiction"/identity crisis/"emptness soothes me"? How about one liners, humor, moment of badassery,origin tory call back? Why can't the introduction to a team of teenage heroes be...fun?

B. How the heck did the police officer didn't notice wally was going superspeed?

C. RACIAL PROFILING

D. Shoe horned lecture for all teenagers from discount iris

5. Damien Wayne

A. Just kidnaps fellow teens

B. I do hope they're sticking with the nightwing rebirth version of him...

6. oh and, no cyborg!

A. the dynamic duo of cyborg and beastboy shall never return

*tearfully sings "he's cyborg"

I'll still this read this, because beastboy

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

wasn't to bad I had some issues with raven though

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

red hair, why, why red hair?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:
@jaycool2 said:

red hair, why, why red hair?

tell me about it

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Sounds bad, didn't the artist quit too?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: no jonboy Myers the current artist quit after issue #1 over "creative differences".

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Decade-old Cartoon Network dominates you. :P

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kbroskywalker

Decade-old Cartoon Network dominates you. :P

It dominates all of us

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is better between this and Titans Rebirth?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Titans but I dropped that. Prefer Abnett's Aquaman more than anythin.

larfleezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twas awful.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like it but it still has things it needs to work on

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still enjoying it more than Champions.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis

@the_kidd said:

Teen Titans kicks the crud out of Titans, dont listen to biased fanboys, they'll swallow the horribly outdated and mediocre trite that is called Titans because it features some of their favorite characters who have no place elsewhere. TT is better in every conceivable manner, the art is better, the story is better, the characters have actual personalities, it's a dynamic book. Not perfect but the 2 issues were good. Titans on the other hand has horridly dated art matched only by equally dated writing and characters who might as well be blocks of wood. It's a book that thrives purely on nostalgia and nothing else. If Donna, Wally and Roy had their own books or were more important to their parent franchises this book would crash and burn as it is the nostalgia and instant gratification of seeing long neglected characters get some piece of the pie keeps this thing alive.

Abnett cant even get Dick Grayson right and he's one of the easiest characters to write, Percy nails Damian who is far more difficult to depict correctly, that alone shows the difference in characterization and writing.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Teen Titans kicks the crud out of Titans, dont listen to biased fanboys, they'll swallow the horribly outdated and mediocre trite that is called Titans because it features some of their favorite characters who have no place elsewhere. TT is better in every conceivable manner, the art is better, the story is better, the characters have actual personalities, it's a dynamic book. Not perfect but the 2 issues were good. Titans on the other hand has horridly dated art matched only by equally dated writing and characters who might as well be blocks of wood. It's a book that thrives purely on nostalgia and nothing else. If Donna, Wally and Roy had their own books or were more important to their parent franchises this book would crash and burn as it is the nostalgia and instant gratification of seeing long neglected characters get some piece of the pie keeps this thing alive.

Abnett cant even get Dick Grayson right and he's one of the easiest characters to write, Percy nails Damian who is far more difficult to depict correctly, that alone shows the difference in characterization and writing.

alright yes, staying true to characters=dated. Beast boy having a "love addiction", being devoid of humor, and constantly partying=personality raven not giving a crap about defenseless guards, "emptness soothes me" and red hair=personality. (wannabe)Wally talking about racial profiling/shoehorning lectures from iris=personality

and damien in tt totally screws up him finally becoming likable as he isin nightwing rebirth, now he's back to being annoying loner, bratty, kidnapping punk

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ScouterV

@kbroskywalker: To be fair, yeah. Considering Beast Boy is best known for falling for Raven and Terra, his characterization worked here. Raven is same as always. And yes, despite what a lot of people think, racial profiling is a thing that happens to black youths.

And Damian not being a bratty little snot is out of character. Sad, but that's who he is. He's a creep with a penitent for kidnapping people.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kbroskywalker

@scouterv said:

@kbroskywalker: To be fair, yeah. Considering Beast Boy is best known for falling for Raven and Terra, his characterization worked here. Raven is same as always. And yes, despite what a lot of people think, racial profiling is a thing that happens to black youths.

And Damian not being a bratty little snot is out of character. Sad, but that's who he is. He's a creep with a penitent for kidnapping people.

I have no problem with beastboy falling for lassies(And I don't mind it being a normal person). I have a problem with beast boy being a party addict, who doesn't crack a singe genuine joke, isn't likable, relatable, and then says crap like this:"since we're probably going to get married and have beautiful athletic children I'd better introduce myself", and who instantly forgets the name of the girl he likes(and she happens to not give an f).

Damien sucked as a snotty brat, his revival+ nightwing rebirth made him likable, not he's an annoying snobby punk again

I'm well aware of racial profiling, but wtf would this be brought up in teen titans?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis said:
@the_kidd said:

alright yes, staying true to characters=dated. Beast boy having a "love addiction", being devoid of humor, and constantly partying=personality raven not giving a crap about defenseless guards, "emptness soothes me" and red hair=personality. (wannabe)Wally talking about racial profiling/shoehorning lectures from iris=personality

and damien in tt totally screws up him finally becoming likable as he isin nightwing rebirth, now he's back to being annoying loner, bratty, kidnapping punk

You mean personality less characters right? I see no difference between this version of Donna, Dick and Garth, not only do they not serve any purpose in the story whatsoever but they're not even distinct. Roy is an idiot, that's all he is in this book.

BB was perfectly in character and what exactly was Raven supposed to give a crap about? wannabe Wally is a better character here than he was in any other book.

Damian is perfectly in character,spot on for that matter, maybe you're the one who needs to conduct some research on these characters. It's pretty clear that all you want are dull and monotone characters constantly agreeing with each other and being depicted in an inoffensive manner. But me, I'd rather not waste my time on a dismal book desperate to recapture the 80's and 90's. I even hate that Deathstroke will be dragged in to a crossover with this muck.

Btw I wasn't expecting TT to be good, on the contrary I thought it was going to be terrible. I hate tedious narration boxes and overwritten dialogue which Percy is extremely fond of but credit where credit is due. Like I said he can correctly depict a difficult character like Damian while Abnett is completely clueless over what to do with characters that can be easily written like Dick, Donna etc.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: To be fair, I don't think Beast Boy has ever been likable, but that's me. And that's his thing. The parties, the gags, etc. These are his coping mechanism. That's Beast Boy. Half the time, he's genuinely joking and the other half, he's using it to hide his actual feelings. He's basically a sad clown. And he didn't like that girl. She was a distraction so he wouldn't have to think about Tim. That's all any of that opening scene was. That was Beast Boy trying to forget and hide his feelings. That's Beast Boy.

Damian has almost always been depicted as a snotty brat. That's his character. That's how he was portrayed in Teen Titans, Deathstroke, Batman and Robin, and several other books and movies. To portray him as you like him, which I agree, is a better character, would ultimately not be Damian. He'd basically be Tim Drake. Maybe Jason Todd. And we already have those characters.

Because despite being a Superhero, Wally is a black youth, and so it is likely to be a part of his every day interactions with law enforcement?