• 83 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

For quite a few people out there, Mondays are a bit of a downer. However, here on our corner of the internet, it's a day worth celebrating because it can only mean one thing: preparing for glorious new comics! Every week, we here at Comic Vine will gaze upon the mighty list of new releases and we'll each pick the ones that we're really, really, reaaaaaally excited to check out. As always, there's more than a handful of promising titles coming out, so once you're done seeing what we've selected, be sure to chime in with your own "essential comics."

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #4

No Caption Provided

Let's be honest, when this series was first announced, many of us were a little skeptical. Another series with Batman? Personally, I got burnt out on the team up of the World's Finest in their pre-New 52 series. Then Greg Pak arrived at DC.

Pak has captured the essence of these characters in their current incarnations. Of course we've had the big question of how we could be seeing the first encounter between Batman and Superman when it seemed there was no recollection in JUSTICE LEAGUE #1. Answers will be revealed here as we see the finale to their crossover with the heroes of Earth 2.

And we can obviously expect some more crazy awesome art by Jae Lee.

Visit Nerdist for 2 more pages!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #19

No Caption Provided

The Superior Spider-Man vs Spider-Man 2099. What makes this more incredible is the fact that there were hints of this long ago and Dan Slott made it easily happen.

There's a lot at stake in this storyline. Besides the future of Miguel O'Hara being in jeopardy, the present day is facing a huge threat. In the continuing story of Otto Octavius as Spidey, we're seeing his arrogance really coming to bite him in the rear.

Ryan Stegman continues the art duties which means we can expect more of his action-packed art style.

And what's up with that cover? That doesn't look too good and the issue promises some "major developments."

HAWKEYE #13

No Caption Provided

It's been a bit of a wait but HAWKEYE has returned. Fans have been a little frustrated waiting so long since the last issue but we should keep in mind that we had a few issues released very closely to each other, as well as the annual.

You might recall previously, one of the residents in Clint's apartment building was murdered. What will this mean for Clint, the other residents and the Bros?

Matt Fraction has been showing us a different side to Clint. It's not always happy times and you never can tell what the vibe of the story will be. With Clint's (former evil) brother, Barney in the picture, we have a new unknown thrown into the mix.

David Aja's art will give us more of what we've grown to love. We may have had to wait a bit for this issue but rather than grumble some more, let's rejoice in the fact we're getting another new issue.

Honorable: ZERO #2, THE X-FILES SEASON 10 #5, JLA #8

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring's picks

ANIMAL MAN #24

No Caption Provided

It's hard to think about a whole new week of comic books when I just spent a whole week at New York Comic Con, but there's quite a few really cool books coming out this week, and the first is ANIMAL MAN. This has been a stand out series from DC. Writer Jeff Lemire has done some really cool things with this series, even moreso with the past story line.To top it all off, artist Rafael Albuquerque jumps onto this issue. His art on AMERICAN VAMPIRE is wonderful, and I can't wait to see how he handles Animal Man. A lot of nutso things have happened with this series, including the Totems dying and Brother Blood being in control. I'm super excited to see where this series is headed.

FOREVER EVIL: ROGUE'S REBELLION #1

No Caption Provided

One of my favorite Villains Month book was THE FLASH: ROGUES. Writer Brian Buccellato and artist Patrick Zircher made a Rogues fanboy really happy. When I found out this same exact team was doing the Rogues mini-series, I got super, duper excited. This team handled the relationship of the rogues really well.I can't wait to see this team take on the Crime Syndicate. This team can be a bit dysfunctional, but in the end, they are by far the most interesting villain team in comics. This is going to be pretty cool.

Check out IGN for the rest of the preview.

Honorable: X-O MANOWAR #18

Gregg 'k4tz' Katzman's picks

BATMAN AND TWO-FACE #24

No Caption Provided

So long, five stages of grief, and hello, an all-new story! Peter J. Tomasi's initial arc on this book proved that, when given proper space to let a story grow, he can present something truly special. Issue #24 is the beginning of a 5-issue tale and it definitely sounds intriguing. According to UPROXX's preview, Ra's al Ghul has allegedly taken the bodies of Damian and Talia and this forces the iconic hero into an unexpected alliance. Additionally, Tomasi is going to reveal Carrie Kelley's New 52 origin. To be blunt, her inclusion hasn't exactly felt organic so far, so hopefully this will allow her to grow on us and not make us feel like she was merely put into the picture to help deal with Damian's absence (you still miss him as well, right?).

There's a lot of interesting elements in here and the potential certainly exists for this to be a more than solid story -- and that's not even getting into how terrific Patrick Gleason's illustrations are. Hopefully this will be every bit as epic as the Nobody arc!

Go to UPROXX to read the last preview page.

BLOODSHOT AND H.A.R.D. CORPS #15

No Caption Provided

Here they come to save the day! Sorry, couldn't help it. Christos Gage and Joshua Dysart took over Bloodshot's book last issue and they did a more than thorough job showing us who the H.A.R.D. Corps are and what they do. Now, it's time to see just how well they operate when everything hits the fan at a gazillion miles per hour as they rescue Bloodshot. You can't just break into one of Harada's facilities and expect to stroll away, after all.

To make matters even more fascinating, Bloodshot -- a character who is usually thrown through the meat grinder because he can take it -- has seemingly lost his wealthy amount of powers which the nanites can offer. We have yet to see what abilities still remain, but it'll be great to see Bloodshot focusing on surviving instead of "guns blazing because I can take it, brooooo!"

Oh, and I suppose it's worth noting that Gage and Dysart are talented writers and there's no good reason to believe they'll be anything less in this upcoming issue. If you've ever contemplated checking this title out, now is absolutely the time to do so.

Jen 'MissJ' Aprahamian's picks

LIBERATOR #4

No Caption Provided

The animal activist series wraps its four-issue arc this week, closing out Volume 1. Things have been progressively getting more dangerous and more exciting for Damon and Jeanette, and they're about to hit a very dramatic climax. LIBERATOR is an essential for animal lovers and vigilante fans, and it's been blending real-world situations with high action sequential art since the first issue. Bonus: a smashing cover by Chris Burnham and Rod Reis.

LETTER 44 #1

No Caption Provided

Aliens. Government cover-ups. Suspense. I'm sold. Charles Soule and Alberto Alburquerque are going to take us on a fascinating trip with this thrilling new series that blends science and political intrigue. We got to see a sneak preview (sans gorgeous colors, which this week's debut will feature) at San Diego Comic-Con, but this one's the real deal. The high concept is exciting, and I trust Soule and Albuquerque to absolutely deliver on the execution; it's an essential for science geeks and conspiracy theorists as much as it is for fans of tightly-written dramas.

NOWHERE MEN #6

No Caption Provided

Image publisher Eric Stephenson has been building out a fascinating new world full of rich, exciting characters (with correspondingly killer illustrations courtesy of Nate Bellegarde) in NOWHERE MEN. The sixth issue is out this week, and if you haven't launched into this carefully crafted mystery yet, you'll be able to catch up fairly quickly -- it closes out the first volume and will be out in TPB soon. It's an essential if you're into the unique, science-driven stories and thoughtful, complex mysteries Image has been developing a reputation for lately. After all, science is the new rock 'n roll.

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder's picks

BATWOMAN #24

No Caption Provided

Unless there's some (HIGHLY unlikely) 11th-hour intervention, this will be the final issue from series architects J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman and by all accounts the much-anticipated throwdown between Batwoman (at the behest of the DEO) and Batman will commence. Series regular Trevor McCarthy will be on art and since this seems like it will be a much more grounded issue, I think that's the right call to make. Whether or not the battle ends or continues under the new creators is immaterial at this point, and whether or not it was the originals' final issue, it likely still would have made my list because this has been one of the absolute unsung heroes of the New-52 and an amazing read every single time.

INVINCIBLE #106

No Caption Provided

We're in for some downtime, having just completed some of the most heart-wrenching yet intense storylines in series history, but Kirkman and Ottley never rest of their laurels merely because the characters aren't going a mile a minute or in global peril. These issues are the ones that really define the characters and make those action storylines resonate so much more than simply watching superpowers smash into each other. On their own, they are sometimes not the best issues, but when taken into the rich tapestry of the Invincible universe and storytelling, they're some of my favorites.

NEW AVENGERS #11

No Caption Provided

This was a real toss-up between Avengers and New Avengers, but I've always liked New just a LITTLE bit more. After an absolutely stellar issue of Infinity, I'm anxious to consume whatever content Jonathan Hickman decides to write about the goings-on of the event. Mike Deodato's art has been an absolutely inspired vision since he began with Hickman on this series, and I can't wait to see what he pulls off next. Apparently the Illuminati will be traveling to an Incursion World, and I'm hoping that fills in some of the blanks that have been previously left about what, exactly, those worlds are. Plus more Thanos, and that's a big plus.

CBR has 1 more preview page.

Honorable: Avengers #21

Follow us on Twitter: Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Why are these infinity covers so damn good?

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HollowPrince65

As much as I love the art of Infinity, I just cannot get into the story...I tried twice and just didn't dig it.

1. Batwoman
  2. Rogues Rebellion
  3. Superior Spider-man
  4. Hawkeye
  5. Indestructible Hulk Special
2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's the green color man, it makes every thing better, that's why green lanterns are so popular, but yeah the infinity covers are really good, but that batwoman one, goddamn i love that art!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Rogues Rebellion!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody said X-O Manowar?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally Hawkeye returns! Also Bloodshot and X-O Manowar.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattheMan008

HUGE WEEK:

Manhattan Projects #15 (from last week)

Batman/Superman #4

Superior Spider-Man #20

Justice League #24

Avengers #21

Uncanny X-Men 13

Star Trek: Khan #1 (of 5)

Hawkeye #13

New Avengers #11

JLA #8

Batman 66' #4

I have a feeling I'm going to need to carry some of those over into next week, LOL.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator
ArmaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArmaX

Looking out for Letter 44! Surprised that it was a pick!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's publishing Letter 44?

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Wilbertus

For some reason I'm still not completely hooked on Batman/Superman yet. The story is great and the art is magnificient, but somehow there seems to be something missing to really draw me in. Oh well, I'll probably picki up 4 and see if this one does the trick. Fourth time's the charm...

I am most excited about Rogues Rebellion. Bring it on!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@battheman008: some of these should have definitely made the list

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. Never heard of them before. I'll definitely look into that book though.

vPuik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk special, Guardians, uncanny x-men, fantastic 4, superior Spiderman and he-man should keep me entertained.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hawkguy

That's quite a team on Letter 44! I saw the solicit but I didn't think it would be too big a deal. Definitely going to check it out now.

Also excited for Six-Gun Gorilla, Wonder Woman (no one else?) and Zero

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Invincible! - I read the entire series via the Comixology sale last month right as 105 was released and it's been sucking the life out of me to wait for this issue.

X-O Manowar

Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps - Very excited to see how they bust him out of Harada's custody.

Avengers

New Avengers

GOTG

Hawkeye

Indestructible Hulk

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman for the win

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

VIBE!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really light week for me.

Batman/Superman 4

Bloodshot and Hard corps 15

And maybe kickass 3 4 if its out

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Oh sweet baby Jesus!! HAWKEYE is finally back after 3 frickin months!!!!

Also getting Animal Man, Battle of the Atom, Batwoman, Batman/Superman, XO Manowar, and Superior Spiderman. Also from Image Sheltered and Zero.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zero #2 as well.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

It's a huge week!...and I have no access to money of any kind.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Nobody said X-O Manowar?

It got an Honorable, but it really should be front and center.

Of this list, I'll be buying:

Batman/Superman 4

Hawkeye 13 (about dang time!)

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Animal Man

Batman/Superman

Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion

Nowhere Men HOLY FFFFFF IS THIS REAL LIFE? I CAN'T WAIT

All my picks made the list this week, cool :)

KaraZorL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KaraZorL

Batman/Superman 4

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#28  Edited By jstndmnd

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF VIBE IS CANCELED AFTER #10?

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting The Rogues.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm so excited for Rafael Albuquerque on Animal Man. Letter 44 looks pretty good too. Charles Soule is really starting to win me over. From the list I'm picking up;

Animal Man #24

Batman/Superman #4

Hawkeye #13

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Just wondering, when Pak was at Marvel he wasn't getting high praise but ok praise! Now Pak is at Dc on another Bat/ Super man related title and he receiving good ratings on the book. I'm not trippin but it would seem to me that another Dc Batman/ Superman related book is getting a push here. Do you feel that comicvine gives higher ratings to Dc books, we know what Pak did on the Hulk title! No disrespect I'm just in question here. Also a while back I kept seeing a Batman related title get like 5 star ratings book after book during the Death in the Family Arc. I just find it hard to believe that any title could get continuous 5 star ratings like that. I haven't seen a marvel title receiving ratings like that back to back to back. Do you believe Dc has better writers than Marvel or what, I'm sort of in awe here?

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait so is Girder dead?

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Yay hawkeye!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

From DC: Batman/Superman (That cover), Batman and Two-Face, Wonder Woman, Rogues Rebellion, JLA, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Supergirl, New Guardians, Pandora, Batman Beyond Universe.

From Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Cable and X-Force, Indestructible Hulk Special, Fantastic Four

Maybe: Avengers Assemble, A+X

Possible checking out Zero, Invincible, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crackdown

TRICKSHOT, GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After last months stunning debut of Zero I can't wait for #2. Also, hopefully now Nowhere Men can get it's act together and be published on some sort of schedule, it's too good to have these setbacks.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n:

Just wondering, when Pak was at Marvel he wasn't getting high praise but ok praise! Now Pak is at Dc on another Bat/ Super man related title and he receiving good ratings on the book. I'm not trippin but it would seem to me that another Dc Batman/ Superman related book is getting a push here. Do you feel that comicvine gives higher ratings to Dc books, we know what Pak did on the Hulk title! No disrespect I'm just in question here. Also a while back I kept seeing a Batman related title get like 5 star ratings book after book during the Death in the Family Arc. I just find it hard to believe that any title could get continuous 5 star ratings like that. I haven't seen a marvel title receiving ratings like that back to back to back. Do you believe Dc has better writers than Marvel or what, I'm sort of in awe here?

I have no idea how well-reviewed Pak's Marvel books are here at the Vine because I've never reviewed them nor do I recall seeking them out. However, Pak's Planet Hulk was one of Mat's "Why You Should Read" selections. If he didn't pick it, I sure would have in due time. I'm not sure if you've seen them, but his 2 issues with Valiant thus far have both received 5-stars from me.

As for Batman/Superman being on the list, it's here because G-Man picked it and he has his reasons for loving the title. The whole point of this feature is for the staff to promote what we really like and Tony really likes that book. There's no hidden agenda behind what we select -- we simply choose what we love and hopefully we make that clear enough in our blurbs.

As for books receiving numerous 5-star reviews... that's never saying the book is flawless or necessarily a masterpiece -- just that the reviewer loved it and they believe the pros massively outweigh the cons. We can't give half-stars, after all, so giving something 5-stars technically means the reviewer thinks it deserves anywhere from a 9.0-10.0 and, simply put, they loved it.

As for Marvel not being as well-reviewed: I have to say I disagree. There's more than a handful of Marvel titles each of the staff love. For example, I think Indestructible Hulk, Thor: God of Thunder, Hawkeye, Scarlet Spider and Deadpool are all consistently praiseworthy -- and those are just examples off the top of my head. Meanwhile, I know others REALLY love FF, Avengers, New Avengers, etc.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Green Lantern: New Gaurdians 24
  • Justice League of America 8
  • Bloodshot and the H.A.R.D. Corps 15
  • A+X 13
Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to get Batwoman, and bid DC adieu. I'm tired of them. I'm going to venture a lot more into indie books, sans superhero stories.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheFirstLantern

I am Getting Batman/Superman 4, Superior Spider Man 19, Rogues Rebellion, and All of Corey's picks.

EDIT: I am dropping X-O Manowar this week.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Wolverine008

New Avengers will be awesome :D

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I quoted it twice, because I agree that much.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
@evilvegeta74 said:

@k4tzm4n:

I have no idea how well-reviewed Pak's Marvel books are here at the Vine because I've never reviewed them nor do I recall seeking them out. However, Pak's Planet Hulk was one of Mat's "Why You Should Read" selections. If he didn't pick it, I sure would have in due time. I'm not sure if you've seen them, but his 2 issues with Valiant thus far have both received 5-stars from me.

As for Batman/Superman being on the list, it's here because G-Man picked it and he has his reasons for loving the title. The whole point of this feature is for the staff to promote what we really like and Tony really likes that book. There's no hidden agenda behind what we select -- we simply choose what we love and hopefully we make that clear enough in our blurbs.

As for books receiving numerous 5-star reviews... that's never saying the book is flawless or necessarily a masterpiece -- just that the reviewer loved it and they believe the pros massively outweigh the cons. We can't give half-stars, after all, so giving something 5-stars technically means the reviewer thinks it deserves anywhere from a 9.0-10.0 and, simply put, they loved it.

As for Marvel not being as well-reviewed: I have to say I disagree. There's more than a handful of Marvel titles each of the staff love. For example, I think Indestructible Hulk, Thor: God of Thunder, Hawkeye, Scarlet Spider and Deadpool are all consistently praiseworthy -- and those are just examples off the top of my head. Meanwhile, I know others REALLY love FF, Avengers, New Avengers, etc.

Thanks for the input , I'm a huge Thor and Avengers fan.

XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretti pretti good. Pretti sweet.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BattheMan008

Man whoever that kid is, must not come on here often. Deadpool, Infinity, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, and more are always getting 5 star reviews. Only DC books I see getting that high on here constantly are Batman, Batman/Superman, and Justice League during "Trinity War". Swamp Thing as well.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing much from Image I want now (I'm leaving Invincible for later)

• Animal Man #24
  • Batman and Two Face #24
  • Batwoman 24 (and I'm dropping this after this issue)
  • Forever Evil: Rogues' Rebellion #1
  • Wonder Woman #24
  • Avengers #21
  • Hawkeye #13
  • New Avengers #11
  • Zero #2
dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By dreamfall31

So is this the ACTUAL final issue of Batwoman that Williams and Blackman are on? The solicit on the DC site still has the next issue after this one done by them...

I'll be getting that, Wonder Woman, Batman and Two-Face, and Hawkeye this week! The whole summer w/o an issue of Hawkeye was weird...

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I'll be getting Wonder Woman this week. Hoping I have enough money for the Captain Cold book.