• 74 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yet another week, yet another mountain of new comics for our eyes to absorb. For many of us, our eyes are far bigger than our wallets and that can make narrowing down the options a difficult chore. Well, we're here to help. We've reviewed the list of new comics coming out this week and here are the ones we can't wait to check out. When all is said and done, don't forget to share your must have comics in the comments as well.

Tony 'G-Man' Guerrero's picks

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23

No Caption Provided

This is it. It's the end of Trinity War. Things have escalated pretty quickly. The secret behind the formation of the JLA has already been exposed to the Justice League. Team members have fought against other team members. It's been a bit of a mess and there's still more to come. The big question is what will happen to each team when this is all over?

Adding to that, we have the mystery of the Secret Society as well as Pandora's Box. Geoff Johns has set up quite the event for the DC Universe and we know this is leading into an even bigger one. You can't argue that risks are not being taken with these characters and titles. We are apparently about to see the end of the Justice Leagues...

And with Ivan Reis and Joe Prado handling the art, it's all going to look really good as we sit on the edge of our seats seeing how it all plays out.

Go to BuzzFeed for the rest of the preview.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #3

No Caption Provided

Man oh man. Greg Pak and Jae Lee are cranking up the heat on this title. Aside from the first "encounter" between Batman and Superman in the New 52, we've seen them travel to EARTH 2 and last issue ended with a pretty insane ending between Earth 2's Wonder Woman and Lois Lane.

Between Pak's writing and setting up this confrontation (which we still have some questions about) and Jae Lee's art, we're getting a story that isn't quite like previous ones we've seen with these two heroes. Lee's art does give it a sense we're going to another place. That's a great feeling when sitting down and diving into a comic.

With Yildiray Cinar also set to provide some art for this issue, it's going to be another great looking issue and you can count on more action and suspense from Pak.

Visit IGN for more preview pages.

FF #11

No Caption Provided

Matt Fraction, Mike Allred, Laura Allred, the Future Foundation and…the Impossible Man.

You can always count on having a fun time when reading this title. Not only do things usually get wacky and zany, there is always that deep underlying sense of dread because we know some dark things are cooking beneath the surface. If things weren't expected to potentially get crazy before, having the Impossible Man return pretty much guarantees it will be completely nutso.

Honorable Mentions:

BATMAN INC SPECIAL

This is actually what I wanted to see in the regular series - a spotlight on the different members of Batman Incorporated. Now that that series is over, there hasn't been a definitive stance on what's next for everyone. This one-shot will perhaps give us some of those answers as well seeing several different creators work with these characters.

THE FLASH #23

Who is this new Reverse Flash? What's his problem with those exposed to the Speed Force? This issue answers those questions.

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring's picks

ALL STAR WESTERN #23

No Caption Provided

ALL STAR WESTERN has been quite the fun ride. More recently, it's gotten a bit insane with Jonah Hex traveling to the future, but it really works. Seeing Hex in modern day Gotham has been quite the blast, and it looks like some of the mystery of how he got here, other than Booster Gold's time traveling tech malfunctioning, will be revealed in this issue.

If you're a western fan, you're probably already reading this series. If you're not, you're crazy. If you love Gotham City and you're not reading this book. Again, you're crazy. ALL STAR WESTERN has a lot of great elements to it, aside from Palmiotti's and Gray's writing and Moritat's art, that make it a top book every month. Although it's in the middle of a storyline, I urge you to go pick this one up.

Newsarama has an exclusive preview in their viewer.

AQUAMAN #23

No Caption Provided

This is it! It's the conclusion to the "Death of a King" story line! Hopefully, you've been reading this book because with the last issue, things got a bit crazy. Writer Geoff Johns along with artist Paul Pelletier have really turned this latest story line into something epic. Aquaman is up against the Dead King who is extremely powerful, and he has ties to the original Atlantis.

At the same time, Scavenger it attacking Atlantis, and seemingly winning. Within all of this, there's even more things happening. There's a lot of layers of stories going on and their balanced pretty well, but more importantly, they're all extremely interesting. New readers may have a tough time jumping in, but if you've been enjoying this series, why stop now?

Check out MTV Geek for an exclusive preview.

Gregg 'k4tz' Katzman's picks

TMNT #25

No Caption Provided

If you've been reading this series (good on ya if that's the case), then odds are you agree last chapter of 'City Fall' was nothing short of fantastically amazing perfection. And no, that's not an overestimation. Now it's time for another round of this superb story and now that the team knows Leo's status and has an uneasy alliance with Old Hob and Slash, I just can't wait to see how it'll all unfold.

Plus, the solicit claims the war begins in this issue and there will be a special guest or two. If you've read Karai's micro-series issue (which you SHOULD have and if you haven't, jump on that right now), it's safe to say we could see the return of a fan-favorite duo. Look, I continue to praise this book for a simple reason: it's damn good. If you're even remotely interested in the franchise, 'City Fall' is sure to make you a fan.

Check out the complete preview we posted right here.

SCARLET SPIDER #21

No Caption Provided

Remember the good old days when Kaine was kissing at a Rodeo and all was well? Yeah, those are gone and he's thrown back into all kinds of terrible things. First and foremost, his body is degenerating again and to make matters even more complicated, "Ben Reilly" now jumps into the picture and says "hello" by hitting him right in the face. Seems safe to say these two won't have a chat over a cup of coffee, right?

If you read 'Sibling Rivalry,' then you're understandably skeptical about this being the original Ben, but honestly, who cares if it isn't? Co-writers Christopher Yost and Erik Burnham have yet to let me down and continue to make this series massively entertaining every single month. We've already seen one solid Spider-Man related title get canceled (VENOM), and it would fill me with so much sadness to see the same happen with this great series. So, if you dig the preview at all, you should really give SCARLET SPIDER an honest chance this Wednesday.

DEADPOOL #15

No Caption Provided

Honestly, I think the people over at Marvel had a meeting and asked, "What could we do to make Gregg enjoy Deadpool even more?" Their answer: throw in Declan Shalvey, and if it's not too much trouble, Wolverine and Captain America, too. So begins the 5-part story "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly." Seeing as this dives into Wade's past with Weapon X, I'm really hoping co-writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn really play up the fact that Wade isn't merely a clown with a healing factor. Hopefully we'll see a strong focus on the inner turmoil he faces over his current status and where he's been. There's more depth to this character than many seem to think, so it'll be great to see Duggan and Posehn go heavy on that with this 5-parter.

And if not, at least I'm confident they'll at least be able to make me laugh and Shalvey's pencils are great.

Honorable Mentions: THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #12, LARFLEEZE #3

Jen 'MissJ' Aprahamian's picks

ITTY BITTY HELLBOY #1

No Caption Provided

Art and Franco are masters at making things adorable and smart, and I couldn't be more excited to see their latest adventures in the all-ages playground. The duo of Eisner-winning famous cartoonists is taking on Mike Mignola's universe, and we're about to see a whole new side of Hellboy & Co -- the cute side.

Their track record of staying true to a property's core while making things age-appropriate and entertaining for all (see: TINY TITANS, SUPERMAN FAMILY ADVENTURES) means that fans of Mignola's series will still get all the Hellboy goodness they're used to, but it'll also be something that they'll be able to share with the kids.

Hellboy and the rest of the B.P.R.D. might be getting the itty bitty treatment, but the AW YEAH moments (and Hellboy's hand) will be decidedly big.

AMERICAN VAMPIRE ANTHOLOGY #1

No Caption Provided

Eight "lost tales." Eight powerhouse creative teams. Eight dollars (ok, $7.99). This anthology is taking Scott Snyder's and Rafael Albuquerque's AMERICAN VAMPIRE universe, and opening it up to the imaginations of some of the industry's top talent.

There will be blood, and there will be some seriously cool stories, courtesy of Greg Rucka, Jeff Lemire, Francesco Francavilla, Declan Shalvey, and more.

If you've been thirsting for more AmVamp after this summer's THE LONG ROAD TO HELL, there are eighty full pages to savor.

LAZARUS #3

No Caption Provided

At the end of last issue, Forever Carlyle -- the "Lazarus" of her family, a technologically-enhanced killing machine bred and trained to carry out top-priority missions for her clan -- walked into enemy territory, brazen and ready for a fight, while a veritable soap opera of family tensions simmered back at the compound.

Dystopian future tech blends seamlessly with old-fashioned greed and manipulation, and we've only gotten a taste of what lies outside the Carlyle family's ultra-restricted territory. If you're keen on sharply-written (and beautifully illustrated) dramas with plenty of action, grab the first two issues to catch up, and jump onto this series before it's sold out at your shop. It's too good to trade-wait.

CBR has the final preview pages.

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder's picks

AVENGERS ARENA #14

No Caption Provided

We know why, we know how, we learnt the cover-up, now all that's left is to see one of the most brutal, heart-wrenching superhero books on the shelf. through to the conclusion. With the perfectly named Dennis Hopeless helming the tale of equal parts loss, gripping battles, desperation and kill-or-be-killed mayhem with just enough heart to make the occasional panel or page feel especially poignant.

It may prize violence and combat over pathos and genuine emotion, but it's got a melodramatic tone that I can't get enough of and it's been a book I've been happy to see go from stunt-writing to must-read. Throw in series regular Kev Walker and the beginning of the end (of Season 1, let's hope for a second) is one of the most compelling reasons to hit the store this week.

NEW AVENGERS #9

No Caption Provided

Infinity title! One of my favorite things in comics, and a great reason to keep a unified continuity, at least for the Big Two, is when a cliche is not only called out, but harshly punished. Wolverine going back to assassinate Hank Pym, only to have to go back AGAIN and stopping his...future self?...whatever it was, it, along with the X-Men taking weekly field trips through, broke the timestream. I know it's only been two titles (and a couple of great tie-ins), but I'm already hopelessly mainlining this event. After a solid run with AVX (that could have started stronger) and a disappointing outing with Age of Ultron, this feels like the giant, cosmic event book that Marvel fans have been clamoring for. Far from being a movie cash-in, this story, woven together by seemingly disparate threads by Jonathan Hickman, is turning into one of the most clear, concise and absolutely spot-on events in awhile. New Avengers has always been my favored book of Hickman's new run and with series breakout Mike Deodato still providing wall-to-wall art, I could not be happier to read the continuing saga of the Marvel Universe's consequences for their abuse of the timestream.

Honorable Mention: SECRET AVENGERS #8

And if you want to follow us on Twitter: Tony, Mat, Gregg, Jen, Corey.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I didn't know there was a Batman Inc. special. And good lists.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Batman INC Special has BatCow in it.

MUST BUY!!!!!!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Really excited for this week. Especially The Flash and Justice League. Really looking forward to learn more about Reverse Flash and seeing the end of Trinity War.

And can someone tell me how the Bat-Cow is able to fight crime? lol

No Caption Provided

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Collider #2 is by and far at the top of my list.

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kraya

More Batcow for everyone! And I'm excited for the final Trinity War issue.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazarus #3...absolutely can't wait to read this!

After that, Deadpool 15, New Avengers 9, Thor: GoT 12, Scarlet Spider 21, Uncanny Avengers 11, Uncanny X-Men 11, Aquaman 23, Justice League 23.

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By monsterduc

BATMAN / SUPERMAN #3

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23

FBP: FEDERAL BUREAU OF PHYSICS #2

FF #11

FURY MAX, VOL 02: MY WAR GONE BY TP

LAZARUS #3

PREVIEWS #300 (SEPTEMBER 2013)

SECRET #3

UNCANNY #3

UNCANNY X-MEN #11

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

New Avengers

Scarlet Spider

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

TMNT

Scarlet Spider

Isn't X-Men #4 this week? Couldn't remember but if it is I'll be getting that as well.

Got to admit, the new Deadpool issue looks pretty good.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By lifeboy

1 catwoman 23

2 JL 23

3 superman 23

4 miss fury 5

Oh, and Aquaman 23. That's a no brainer.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Superman/Batman #3 and Aquaman #23 for me.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am scared to read justice league. something might actually happen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Provehito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash and Scarlet Spider for me are the most important of those. Will check out JL and Batman/Superman, but the Flash has the best art of any DC comic book ATM for me, and Scarlet Spider is virtually the only Marvel title I follow.

Hoping for an epic clash between Flash and this 'Reverse Flash'.

vPuik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing for me this week so I think I'll grab last weeks Daredevil, latest issue of The Shadow: Year One and Batman '66.

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By EvilPenguin543

TMNT #25

The Flash #23

American Vampire Anthology

Justice League #23

Itty Bitty Hellboy #1

Batman Incorporated Special #1

Gonna be an expensive week for me!

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman/Superman #3

Justice League #23

Thor God of Thunder #12

Uncanny Avengers #11

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

I shall be getting NA and scarlet spider

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Avengers, Scarlet Spider, FF, Thor, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny Xmen, Thanos Rising, Hawkeye, Wolvie and the Xmen, Secret Avengers, Deadpool, Captain America, A+X, JL, Batman/Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Batman DK, Talon, Lazarus, Secret, Sex.

IamTheLaw85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazarus #3

Aquaman #23

Superman/Batman #3

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman/Superman #3

FF#11

Journey Into Mystery #655 :(

Justice League #23

New Avengers #9

TMNT #25

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League, Scarlet Spider, Batman/Superman, Aquaman, W&TX

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thisll be a great week for both marvel and dc

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman, Batman/Superman, The Flash, New Avengers, Justice League, Larfleeze, Scarlet Spider and TMNT. I may get deadpool, I'm interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@xwraith:

Well damn I'm not sure how I missed it.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool, New Avengers, FF, Justice League, and All Star Western featuring Jonah Hex. That Scarlet Spider issue looks like something I HAVE to read even though I'm not following it. Batman/Superman looks cool but I'm purposely limiting the number of Bat-books I support.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Aquaman and The Flash

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

From Marvel: Uncanny Avengers, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Gambit, Thor: God of Thunder, Captain America, A+X (maybe), JIM, Astonishing X-Men, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Thanos Rising, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, Deadpool

From DC: Justice League (FOR TRINITY WAR!!!), The Flash, Batman/Superman, Talon, Batman Inc. Special, Batman: TDK, Injustice, Superman, Teen Titans

TMNT

Avatar image for wandering_payne
Wandering_Payne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, just not a fan of the FF artwork. Deadpool is on the top of my pile.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

WOO, Hopeless is back on Arena. Let the rumble continue.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Zeeguy91

Sorry, just not a fan of the FF artwork.

How dare you....LOL.

But seriously, how can you not love Mike Allred's art?

Johnnyjavavee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It'd be cool if you guys at comicvine started putting links on your issue suggestions that lead to the rest of the series' volume page. That way we could look at the other issues/trades we'd have to read to catch up! :D

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• TMNT 25
  • Talon 11

How the hell is Avengers Arena still around!? Haven't they run out of characters yet?

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Lanterns

Batman TDK

The Flash

Uncanny X-Men

Captain America

Thanos Rising

King Conan Hour of the Dragon

Scarlet Spider

and Aquaman

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MissJ
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Lazarus is my favorite book right now.

There, I said it.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Exciting week for me!

HAWKGUY!!!

Lazarus

BATMAN/Supaman

Justice LEague

Aquaman

All Star Western!!

Avatar image for wandering_payne
Wandering_Payne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91:

You know, I loved Madman when it came out. Still I have never loved Allred's style. So I'm skipping FF on this go round. My loss.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much great stuff this week!

Aquaman 23

Batman Inc. Special

Justice League 23

Judge Dredd Classic 2

TMNT 25

Captain America 10

Thor 12

Sex 6

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like both All Star Western and Scarlet Spider are soon to be canceled. So y'all should get out and do something about it if you don't want to see them join the ranks of other good titles that were cut short.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Balls to DC for pushing back my DC Universe Vs He-man and the Masters of the Universe by one whole week.

I feel like both All Star Western and Scarlet Spider are soon to be canceled. So y'all should get out and do something about it if you don't want to see them join the ranks of other good titles that were cut short.

Great quote. Support Scarlet spider its been an awesome series from the get go. And personally though I don't read too many westerns outside of Sixth Gun, Its good to support western comics cause we never see alot of them.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By timelord

This week is going to be an expensive week

• Justice League #23
  • Batman/Superman #3
  • The Flash #23
  • New Avengers #9
  • Thor: God of Thunder #12

And I am still picking up some of the trades that I missed I want to get my collection up to date due to just getting into physical comics.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AllStarSuperman

man! i got to drop some stuff, to get better stuff. what im getting this week:

BATMAN SUPERMAN #3 $3.99

CAPTAIN AMERICA #10 $3.99

XO MANOWAR #16 3.99 (my store reordered it for me)

what i really want to pick up, with a "SCREW YOU BUDGET!" additude:

DEADPOOL #15 $2.99

SCARLET SPIDER #21 $2.99

Shadowman 1

Bloodshot 0

CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

too many good stuff.

New Avengers, American Vampire Anthology, Batman Inc Special, FF, Lazarus. My poor Wallet.

_Marc_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Marc_74

just lazarus

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

This isn't the end of Death of a King in Aquaman. They changed it, the solicits for #25 in November say THAT issue is the end of Death of a King.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet week.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Mass Effect: Foundation #2 has an angry krogan running around shooting stuff. That's at least an honorable mention.