emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@lubub55 said:

@emperorthanos: Where are you up to on it, and have you played the others?

Nope it's my first one. I have never really got into the series but the games was on sale and I have heard that it is really good so I go it.

As of right now. I'm at the part with bloody baron. I'm on the botchling mission and I keep dying by those teleporting wraiths. so I decided I'm going to try level up before facing that again because I heard the other option is even harder.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: yrden helps with the wraiths. Also if you have it use spectre oil on your sword.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@redxiii18881990: cool. Would you suggest I wait until I meet the required level for the quest?

I'm level 4 and recommended level is 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@lubub55 said:

@emperorthanos: Do you do the sidequests and explore often?

I have started that now. I finished all fist fights in velen and killed the shrieker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher Discussion Thread 9

No Caption Provided

Who is the most underused character in The Witcher? Which characters were very good and had a lot of potential but could have been used more?

Callouts:

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Xerolot

Vesemir and another witchers. But especially Vesemir

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: that isn't too weak to do that. It should be manageable. Maybe take up some contracts if you fell the need then go back.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot said:

Vesemir and another witchers. But especially Vesemir

This.

I would also add Emhyr, Iorveth (his abscence in Witcher 3 is something I'm still sore about), Siegfried (the Knights of the Flaming Rose arc in Hearts of Stone simply begs for him to appear), Yaevinn (while Siegfried got appearence in Witcher 2, Yaevinn hasn't), Arian and Anais La Valette (am I the only one mindblown about the fact that Luiza is completey cool with Geralt even if he killed her son in Witcher 2?), Saskia (do I really need to explain it?), Adda (what happened with her?).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 rogueshadow  Moderator

I hope that we get the Witcher 4 one day - even if it's a decade from now.

Also bump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@rogueshadow: Sequel after a game with multiply endings? Risky. I'd rather have create-your-own-witcher game.

There is a canon follow-on comic which follows the ending where Ciri becomes a witcher, so we know that they're willing to do that.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lubub55 said:
@foxerdes said:

@rogueshadow: Sequel after a game with multiply endings? Risky. I'd rather have create-your-own-witcher game.

There is a canon follow-on comic which follows the ending where Ciri becomes a witcher, so we know that they're willing to do that.

I'm going to check that out right now.

@foxerdes said:

Geralt is pretty much immortal as are many of the major players, I think that it could pick up decades later and still keep within the branching endings. It would be entirely possible that Ciri spent twenty years or so as Empress before leaving the throne to her heir and becoming a Witcher, for example.

I really want to see a showdown between Gaunter O'Dimm and Geralt. I would honestly love to see a story that picks up a century later, with Geralt having lost damn near everything and is hunting O'Dimm. Something like that.

"The Man of Mirrors fled across the desert, and the witcher followed."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: That is the best idea I've ever heard. A game taking place a century after the others, that is.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lubub55 said:

@rogueshadow: That is the best idea I've ever heard. A game taking place a century after the others, that is.

What villain would you want to see? Or would you want to see a new one? I like the idea of a melancholy game in the vein of 'Unforgiven' with Geralt being seen as something of a relic, with there being far fewer monsters to slay and many old friends and loved ones long gone. Geralt is not only reviled but is being hunted himself more often than not. The story being a 'one last ride' sort of deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@lubub55: They made one ending canon? Shame but I guess that it's for the best.

CD Projekt RED have said that they just had to pick one for the comic series to follow, but no ending is officially canon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Gaunter would be amazing and his return was hinted. What worries me is that CD Projekt Red has implied that Geralt won't be the protagonist of future games. I have two ideas though:

• Geralt is around sixty years older, and Ciri is in her old age with Geralt completely unaffected by his mutations, and he is living with Yennefer. (Or without.) Dandelion and all his other friends have died, and Ciri's time is coming soon with Geralt being helpless to fight it. Usually he can fight monsters and keep people safe that way by driving away trouble with his sword, but for the first time in his life he will be helpless as nature takes away everything he loves while he remains unaffected. This will follow the ending where Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt will occasionally be doing work for Nilfgaard, which has made witchers seem more trustworthy. This idea would be less about an overarching plot and more about the characters.
  • Geralt is roughly 300 years old, the age of Vesemir, and is taking the role of mentor and training a young girl who reminds him of the long-dead Ciri. Monsters have been rampant for years and Geralt is the last witcher about. Because of how many monsters there now are people want witchers more than ever and their views have reversed from the main saga, but despite demand the last remaining witcher is refusing to train people. That is of course until he meets a girl with similarities to his long-dead daughter. This would be similar to Logan where Geralt is clearly past his prime and isn't the fighter he once was, but he goes on one final mission with a young reflection of himself. Despite him trying to remain neutral his whole life, he will die a hero. A witcher never dies in his bed.
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lubub55: They both sound awesome, second one especially. Yeah, as much as I love Ciri and I'm sure I'd like whomever else they might choose... ultimately, I'd just rather play as Geralt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best book? Rank them if you'd like, or just give your highlights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rate the picture of Gary of Nivea above you, then post your own

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to get another copy of the Wild Hunt.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 rogueshadow  Moderator
Yennefer of Vengerberg
Yennefer of Vengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone here play Standalone Gwent?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By jinn

When the cosplay is better then the game

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:
@lubub55 said:

Does anyone here play Standalone Gwent?

How is your deck?

Still terrible.

@jinn said:

When the cosplay is better then the game

No Caption Provided
Courtesy of Xerolot.
Courtesy of Xerolot.

Here is an even better example.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any update on the series?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@lubub55: I watched the first part not long ago. It was surprisingly entertaining.

Okay, I just finished the first episode and I agree. It's nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

@foxerdes: It's still better than Luke Cage.

And I'm actually being serious on this. At least it's watchable.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Xerolot

@lubub55:Lol. I waiting for you to watch the next episodes. Especially fights against monsters :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot said:

@lubub55:Lol. I waiting for you to watch the next episodes. Especially fights against monsters :D

Now I'm hyped. I saw a snippet of his fight in Blaviken before and I laughed my ass off at it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

@lubub55: I haven't seen Luke Cage. Yet..

Lucky you. Just don't. Seriously.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: They are trying to "adapt" the books. You will die of laugh when Geralt will fight against Striga or when you will see the Golden Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top-notch choreography.
Top-notch choreography.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched the second episode of The Witcher series and it was hilarious. Geralt is an adult now (This will make later events funnier) towards the end of his training. As part of training him and others had to try and get a witcher off of his horse unarmed, which of course the person before Geralt fails at. Geralt takes an evasive approach and doesn't fight man-to-man because in this universe witchers are supposed to fight honourably. He manages to pull the armed man off his horse, somehow killing him in the process I think. If I am correct in thinking that, only a certain group of witchers actually cared and wanted revenge for it. There are also female witchers now which came from some other witcher school. Apparently none of the witchers in training have ever seen a woman before in their life and don't even know what they are. (Except for Geralt, who is old enough to remember his mother and he found a girl in the woods during the first episode.) A junkie witcher (seriously) explains what women are... ehm... For, leading Geralt to punch him in the face. They then arrive. Geralt sees one of them bathing nude and - naturally - hides in the bushes spying on her. (Adult BTW.) She sees him, gets out and tells him that it's her turn to watch him bathe. He takes off his top and the scene cuts. It is commented that by her that literally every witcher except for those two are asexual. He is told to spar with one of the best female witchers. He effortlessly dances around her every strike, luring her into traps and playing with her, predicting her every move and exploiting it. He is reprimanded once again for not fighting honourably and is brought before the witchers' council. (That exists now.) First he is asked how he knew the people were women, but anyways. There must be punishment for questioning the rules, and for now Geralt and his two witcher friends have to stand on a thin post for forty-eight hours without dropping and without anything like food or water. When their punishments have ended, Geralt's two friends drop from exhaustion at last, but Geralt manages to get down just barely, struggling to walk. He's then told that he has to leave in an hour on a mission. He goes up into the mountains where he's blindfolded and told by some witcher veteran to walk where he's told, as a test of trust I guess. This guy isn't happy about Geralt and what he's doing, so he tries to make him walk off a cliff. Geralt instinctively knows and calls the guy out on it, which is denied. Geralt grabs the guy and flips him off of the cliff so that he is left hanging. The guy explains his motivations and Geralt pulls him up, but has to exert himself to do so. The witcher then wants to kill Geralt anyway, and so he sprints at an unarmed Geralt who beats this witcher by... Stepping to the side and watching him tumble off the cliff. When he gets back to Kaer Morhen, (Which is literally just lots of rocks,) people questioned why he killed the witcher, and were also amazed at how he could defeat an "experienced witcher". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! People want Geralt kicked out of the order for his lack of honour, and this is when it's revealed why people want him dead. There is a disagreement, and Geralt is going to be put under trial. He asks Vesemir why witchers are asexual and what that means, which leads to a sex-ed lesson directed towards adult Geralt over an overly-dramatic sex scene.

Loading Video...

Above is the bit. Be warned though, there is some nudity. There is some great music over their "encounter", and after that it just cuts to them awake and dressed, then her having a go at Geralt, to his confusion. That might be the funniest part of the episode. She is then exiled for having sex with Geralt, and Geralt is put in steel plate armour, which he claims he can barely move in. But it's for ceremony. He and his witcher pals are given their swords and medallions and are at last witchers. Because Geralt has criticized their ways, they present the best witcher for him to fight as a test: some guy wearing a Darth Vader helmet over the same armour Geralt is wearing. Geralt also wears this Vader helmet, but close-ups reveal that they're wearing balaclavas underneath or something. I didn't even see Geralt put it on. Because they are both wearing the exact same armour for their fight scenes with their faces concealed, we have no idea who's actually winning the fight because they look the same. They only take the helmets off towards the climax of the fight, where Geralt gets a flashback to his training and he kills the other witcher in one hit. Very impressive considering he said he could barely move in this armour, and his opponent was the one witcher who fights in plate and is used to it as a result. Geralt then sets off on the path as a witcher. The end.