k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Yes, we try to keep things spoiler-free*

The mid-season premiere, After, was essentially a character study of Michonne and Carl. This episode, however, gets the story rolling again as it jumps from survivor to survivor, letting us know where everyone stands and how they're coping after the prison assault.

First and foremost, the biggest treat here is the fan service. The last couple of seconds hits us with a major reveal and Lizzie's beginning to show her true colors. While we've yet to see how the cliffhanger will be handled, it's certainly an exciting development for fans of Robert Kirkman's comic and something which leaves me very anxious to tune in next week. Meanwhile, the focus on Lizzie was able to produce a fairly chilling incident. She's definitely acting more and more like someone from the source material and it leaves us wondering if she'll follow the same road as the comic book character. Additionally, it's somewhat interesting to have Tyreese focus on pointing out how different the two sisters are and how both qualities are truly needed for this twisted world. Oh, and there may or may not be a development with a certain someone that is sure to make the group dynamic... interesting. Let's just say there's the potential to cover a lot of unaddressed drama.

Another positive from Inmates is the praiseworthy performances. Quite a few of the actors had the opportunity to deliver at least one compelling display of emotion. Their tears and suffering are unlikely to get your tears flowing, but it's appropriate given the atrocious scenario they're in and each were able to sell the moments well.

Maggie has a big scene that is majorly countered by the episode's promo -- you know, the one which aired immediately after the last episode ended, so odds are many of us watched it. It's a strong performance from Lauren Cohan, but ultimately, we know the end result and that defeats all of the suspense they're trying to build with the scene. Also, there were a handful of moments that I found to be very, very frustrating. The walker apparently being beyond ineffective after grabbing Beth? Tyreese giving Mika the gun instead of making her hold the object Lizzie had so Lizzie can use it? Mika lowering her gun after one shot? A certain character's actions after gearing up? I get the point is he's basically immune to bites in that gear, but to run straight into the group and not even have a knife out was painful to watch. What was going to stop the zombies from ripping apart that bag of important supplies? It felt like a missed opportunity for a solid yet brief action sequence, especially since they decided to use a cool POV shot.

Personal gripe: it's revealed a certain someone is still alive. Considering the violent, desperate and harsh environment they're in, I wish they decided not to go in this direction and instead let it sink in that this is indeed a bloody and messed up place to be. Only time will tell where they will decide to go with it, but for right now, it just made for a somewhat frustrating experience (one disturbing moment with Lizzie aside, that is).

Inmates gives us a moderate look at a whole lot of characters and is a pretty effective way to get the journey moving forward. It's not as engrossing as the last episode, but it delivers some strong performances and builds the hype for what's to come. Plus, the last couple of seconds are sure to make any comic fan excited for next week.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Great episode! I agree with everything you had to say about it. The scene with Maggie I was thinking whats the big deal, we already know the outcome. And I totally hate that that a certain someone survived. I think it's stupid and they should have just left it the way it ended, a mystery. And the scene at the end! He's here! Yeah!

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AWeekInGeekdom

Loved that tease at the end, can't wait for next week :D and yeah that Maggie scene was amazing except it was already ruined thanks to marketing/publicity… in regards to that someone, I thought that person would show up a lot later in the show but I'm guessing they are adapting two storylines simultaneously.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm talking about the person who had the disturbing scene with Lizzie.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I forgot about Billy and Ben. Oh, what if Lizzie does do that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was awesome. Much better than watching Carl be a prick for an hour. Really great to see where everyone is at this point. New relationships and partnerships were made as well, which was awesome. Tyreese and the kids were great, as well as Daryl and beth. Glenn finally was a badass again too. Can't wait to see more of those guys at the end next week!

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By kilomac29

Lizzie mutilatin' bunnies and smotherin'. . . Well you know, like nobody's business. That girl is going to be a hard core survivor. Her and Carl will have many children, who will also be sociopaths.

I also feel like, between Tyreese, Daryl, and the new arrival; the testosterone level just got turned up to eleven. Makes me hope Tara won't just be walker-bait in future episodes.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really hope they're not bringing in the Sanctuary with Negan and his Saviors..

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Carol is back

Aw Yeah!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@transformers1024 said:

I really hope they're not bringing in the Sanctuary with Negan and his Saviors..

I'm hope for Chris and the Hunters myself.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jayc1324 said:

This episode was awesome. Much better than watching Carl be a prick for an hour.

Glenn finally was a badass again too. Can't wait to see more of those guys at the end next week!

Agreed

Agreed, the riot suits are so badass

yeah, they dont need to rush it.

@cypher4 said:

I forgot about Billy and Ben. Oh, what if Lizzie does do that?

I really hope Lizzie doesnt kill her sister.

@jphu8414 said:

Carol is back

BOO!

@rogueshadow your thoughts?

I liked this alot, it was nice to see a little of everyone. Abraham and the gang looked straight out the comics IIRC.

This was definitely a 4 star episode, imo

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nightfang: That's exactly what I'm hoping for too! I wouldn't mind if this "sanctuary" is just a trap that the Hunters set up to lure in people so they can do what they do best..

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Much better than watching Carl be a prick for an hour.

Totally agree with you.
the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I really didn't care for the Daryl/Beth portion, the narration especially. I liked Tyreese's part, and I'm curious to see what's to come with this "sanctuary". I was also kind of hoping the baby was dead, since I have no interest in seeing plot points related to taking care of the kid.

The standout portion for me, though, was Glenn's. As a fan of the comics, seeing him bust out the riot gear was awesome. I also really liked the end reveal, featuring one of my favorite TWD characters.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

This episode was a significant improvement over last week's, in my opinion.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't they take care of the Governor last season? Or are they already out of new ideas for Rick's people to do?

Avatar image for batsymyplaything
batsymyplaything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carl vs. Lizzie. Round 1. Fight!

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to keep an eye out for Liz.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: Solid episode, Abraham just looked a little too fleshy, in the comics he was incredibly muscular. Somebody needs to end Lizzie. Glad Carl wasn't in this episode, no offence to Riggs, but he really can't act and it totally ruined last week for me. Plus Carl's an absolute douche.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

They need to keep an eye out for Liz.

They need to keep a gun out, and then shoot her with it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was thinking the same thing about Lizzie...they really missed out by omitting the twins from the show

Frobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Frobin

It was an ok episode, not really great and again a bit too slow. But ok. The last episode with Rick, Carl and Michonne was much better.

I don't see why its necessary to follow all splinter groups ... which needs a full epiosde. They should find together soon. In my opinion the part with Daryl and Beth was totally needless, as well as the one with Maggie searching for Glenn - especially when we later see Glenn in the prison (its still obviously stretching the plot for more TV episoides, in my opinion ... which the show runners did the whole first half of the season).

Glenn escaping from prison with Tara was a good scene and ... hallelujah ... finally lead to the first appearance of Abraham and his group, which hits (just based on the look) the mark (in adapting the comic book characters into TV). The episode would have been much more exciting without showing all groups and going forward with the plot faster ... so we would just see them joining later with Maggie and the others.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YoungJustice

I cried when you know who came back.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Something I really like about the Walking Dead is that all the actors look sweaty, dirty and grimey like they would in real life. To many movies and TV shows have there characters (especially woman) look pristine with there hair all perfect and maybe a tiny smudge of dirt on there cheek.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By viin

Pretty good episode..this half of the season I think will turn out better then the first half...at least it feels more interesting since the Governors attack. I wanted Carols return to be a little more epic. I also dont think Abrahams casting choice is that great. Just looks maybe a bit too young and a little on the redneck side of things then military...the ending of the episode almost seemed kinda corny.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@nightfang: That's exactly what I'm hoping for too! I wouldn't mind if this "sanctuary" is just a trap that the Hunters set up to lure in people so they can do what they do best..

they better have that tainted meat scene or I'm gonna be pissed

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiveForever

Just gonna spoiler block this whole comment...

They had it! They freaking had it! They got away with killing a baby without showing it. THEN THEY BROUGHT HER BACK. ARGHHHHH! Why??? I'll wait and see but the show would be better off without Judith I think.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By DjBest02

I was so happy to see Judith again! I, for one, don't want it to be just like the comics...

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By timelord

Just gonna spoiler block this whole comment...

They had it! They freaking had it! They got away with killing a baby without showing it. THEN THEY BROUGHT HER BACK. ARGHHHHH! Why??? I'll wait and see but the show would be better off without Judith I think.

Agreed

Spoilers obviously

I kept on thinking that baby needs to die. Then I felt like a very horrible person. But it's a TV show so what can you expect would they really have a child kill a baby even of screen the back lash would have been insane.

Avatar image for acaciopereiraoliveira
acaciopereiraoliveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read all the posts...

Cant wait to see this episode, airs today here in Pt...

Judith wil grow to be the woman who kills all the zombies on earth and avenges everyone :)

in season 20 lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

Carl vs. Lizzie. Round 1. Fight!

ends in puppy love

Ps, I loved the episode, and I knew that Judy wasn't dead, rule number one, if you don't see a body, they ain't dead.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still getting more and more turned off the series. I guess I'm a little saturated with it. Still tune in from time to time though ... because if for nothing else, it can sure make you rethink things when you believe YOU'RE the one having a bad day.

Avatar image for technicolorville
Technicolorville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rogueshadow: Maybe they've should have used WWE's Shamus? But seriously he looked liked James Hetfield in the music video titled, "Mama Said".

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@allstarsuperman: I hope not either. But she is acting the same way. You never know. As we've seen many times, just because it happens in the comic doesn't mean it will in the show.