The rt audience rating system cannot be trusted

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something I've noticed while tracking BvS' rt scores over the last couple of days is that something is definitely out of whack with the audience scores. BvS had around 115k audience reviews on Tuesday(literally the same day it went into limited distribution) and had an overall score of 85%. Since Tuesday another 10k reviews have been added to its total and its score slid from 85% to 79%. So what I'm saying is I think the studios have some way to load these movies up with positive scores maybe via a computer program or something because how else can there be that many audience reviews almost before a movie is even released and what else would explain it getting such overwhelming positive feedback followed by it actually being released and its score nosediving? It simply doesn't add up.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's like 19 topics of this going on already, did you really need to make a new one?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spambot

@righteous300: yes for the simple fact I haven't seen any of them specifically addressing what I brought up in this one. Its been brought up with imbd but not rt that I have seen. Plus I keep seeing people referencing the rt audience score as proof that audiences are loving it.

CWChandler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC fanboys voted without having seen the movie, it's that simple. I don't think there's any conspiracy.

MCU godstomps DCCU, come at me bro

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O jesus christ just go see the movie yourself and stop worrying about review score.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwchandler: You may be right about it only being fanboys but even if it were studios to some degree that doesn't mean its a conspiracy. Its simply businesses doing what they always do ie everything they can to try and earn more profit by making their product seem as good as possible. rt should not allow people to rate movies prior to them even having been released.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@righteous300: yes for the simple fact I haven't seen any of them specifically addressing what I brought up in this one. Its been brought up with imbd but not rt that I have seen. Plus I keep seeing people referencing the rt audience score as proof that audiences are loving it.

Both scores are going down as is everyone of the sites that track that kind of data. Critics and audiences are pretty much on the same page minus a few wb paid reviewers and dc fan boys which are in the hug minority when looking at reviews... I expect this movie to be a lot like all snyder's films. I wish they would have gotten a more character centric director to start their franchise but it is what it is. I get to see it tonight and I am hoping that my opinion will be completely different by tomorrow...

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: It actually does add up. The film was released yesterday in countries with millions of people.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: Right, yesterday. It had 115k reviews on Tuesday and since then only 10k reviews have been added and its been a huge reversal in score since then. So no, it doesn't add up as being on the up and up.

CWChandler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CWChandler

@darknightspideyfanboy said:

O jesus christ just go see the movie yourself and stop worrying about review score.

I can't watch every movie ever made, play every video game ever made, test drive every car ever made, buy every article of clothing, item of furniture, etc., etc. I can't just do EVERYTHING myself in order to 'make up my own mind' or whatever the mantra is. I'm not an immortal billionaire like Vandal Savage, and so I have to allocate my finite resources with the understanding that I won't get to do certain things or see certain movies (at least, not in the theater). In order to maximize my average level of enjoyment I take into account recommendations from other people, including professional critics who regardless of what Dawn of Justice apologists are saying are generally fairly reliable. If you consistently enjoy movies like Jack and Jill, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2, Pixels and Blended, it's not that everyone else is a snob, it's that your taste in movies is what most would call 'terrible'.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: 115K on Tuesday? Care to provide a screen cap or archive for that?

It wasn't just yesterday, the film was also out pretty early for countries like Brazil and Bulgaria.

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't watch every movie ever made, play every video game ever made, test drive every car ever made, buy every article of clothing, item of furniture, etc., etc. I can't just do EVERYTHING myself in order to 'make up my own mind' or whatever the mantra is. I'm not an immortal billionaire like Vandal Savage, and so I have to allocate my finite resources with the understanding that I won't see certain movies (at least, not in the theater). In order to maximize my average level of enjoyment I take into account recommendations from other people, including professional critics who regardless of what Dawn of Justice apologists are saying are generally fairly reliable. If you consistently enjoy movies like Jack and Jill, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2, Pixels and Blended, it's not that everyone else is a snob, it's that your taste in movies is what most would call 'terrible'.

You are correct. It's because of high reviews on RT, I went and watched movies such as Loopers, Edge of Tomorrow, Zootopia, latest Mission Impossible etc. I am glad I did as they turned out to be amazing. I will never have given these movie a shot without RT. I think a lot of people rely on ratings to filter out movies. I have found that critic reviews especially are a good indicator of quality of a movie, at least to me.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spambot

@slayz: I didn't take a screen for it but I first checked Tuesday afternoon and it had 115k audience reviews already with an 85% score and since then only 10k fan scores have been added and its score has dropped 6% based only on those scores which means at least half of the people who voted since Tuesday afternoon gave it a thumbs down.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwchandler: Please don't assume what I like it make you like a snobby jerk. Anyway I stand by what I said just go see the movie yourself and make up your own damn mind.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CWChandler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CWChandler

@cwchandler: Please don't assume what I like it make you like a snobby jerk. Anyway I stand by what I said just go see the movie yourself and make up your own damn mind.

I didn't assume ****, that was a hypothetical "you", not you in specific. Even if I was addressing you, I said IF you enjoy those kinds of movies, not that you do, so the only person making assumptions is you. If "you" - that is to say, "anyone", not you in particular - love movies with terrible reviews like I mentioned, then by the standards of most of the world your taste in movies is terrible.

Also by insulting me you are being a jerk and by implying I can't make up my own mind, you're being a snob. Even if I was directly addressing you with that statement (which I promise I wasn't), I only said "if ... then ..." No assumptions whatsoever, and also no need to take that tone with me. And you say that you stand by what you said without addressing my critique of your statement. In other words your post doesn't say anything new; it just makes you seem stubborn. You're not ACTUALLY standing by your statement because I just attacked it and you made no defense.

I clearly can't see every movie ever, so I have to choose which ones I DO see. This one got piss poor reviews so I choose not to see it, or to see it on the internet at a later time. I've made up my mind. I suggest you make up YOUR own mind and learn to do some research on the quality of a movie rather than seeing it just because it's made by a big brand name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw this on Reddit. It's pretty funny really. The supposed conspiracy about hate for DC and now a supposed conspiracy about giving it perfect reviews. I'll just have to see for myself.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: i checked tuesday and it only had 10k reviews so i don't know where you are getting your numbers?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spambot

@newecho: Well I checked Tuesday afternoon prob around 4pm my time and it was already at 115k. I mean one of us may be wrong but that's what I recall seeing.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@newecho: Well I checked Tuesday afternoon prob around 4pm my time and it was already at 115k. I mean one of us may be wrong but that's what I recall seeing. I also recall for certain that it was already at 117k early Wednesday.

i remember a big spike yesterday as it was releasing everywhere which is where the less than positive reviews came from and where they continue to come from... It was 98 percent audience score until tuesday night and then at 86 by the last time i checked which was around 11:00pm CST. Then yesterday it plumetted to 79 at by the time I went to sleep.. I figured the critics score would balance out in the 70's and the audience score would be in the 80's but it doesn't look that will happen. It doesn't mean you or I won't like or enjoy the movie however,, but when trying to start a franchise,,, that data does help...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

movies jeff bridges the big lebowski

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spambot

@newecho: Well one thing I absolutely know for sure is that after 117k reviews it was still at 84%. Then from there which was yesterday morning till now it is at 126k reviews and has dropped to 78%. So the last 9k people to post a review(who I think are much more credible than the 117k many or most of whom I do not think actually saw the movie) as a group are only giving it about a 50% ripeness score.