#1 Posted by Funrush (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

The other day, I was wondering. We are in the eighth month of the New 52 now, and we still have the big "New 52" banner on the front. I'm not saying they should get rid of it, but I'm wondering how long they are going to have those there.

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (13090 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a year?

#3 Posted by CODYSF (2240 posts) - - Show Bio
2302578-dc_logo.jpg

God I hate the new logo just bring back the old logo

#4 Posted by SlackerGuy (21 posts) - - Show Bio

If the new logo were for an edgy design form or some new age interactive website, it'd be fitting. But it's comics, make it fun. The previous logo was a zillion times more appropriate.

#5 Posted by the_tree (8608 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: Completely agree.

As long as they continue to have these new waves of comics, the logo will probably stay.

#6 Posted by SoA (6222 posts) - - Show Bio
2302587-lrg_DC_Comics.gif

i miss this logo

#7 Posted by JediXMan (37003 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks the new DC logo looks like it should be for a software company?

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Funrush (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: @SlackerGuy: @SoA: I meant the banner on every New 52 issue that says "The New 52!".

#9 Posted by TheAtheist888 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Not more than a year perhaps.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (35308 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are getting the OP's question confused, he doesn't mean the new ''pilled back" logo, he means how long will the words "New 52'' be on the comics, and i'm curious about that myself.

#11 Posted by BatteredArmor (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be there Foevah, long afetr you and I are dead

#12 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

THE NEW LOGO SUCKS

#13 Posted by SoA (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: ik but i still miss it lol, sorry to add to the confusion dude

#14 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say the New 52 will stop being new once the second wave hits. Whether or not DC actually takes it off the covers is anyone's guess.

#15 Posted by SlackerGuy (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@CODYSF: @SlackerGuy: @SoA: I meant the banner on every New 52 issue that says "The New 52!".

Oh I got ya. I think all the trades are coming out next month. They should take it off then. imho.

#16 Posted by DerBonk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say the New 52 will stop being new once the second wave hits. Whether or not DC actually takes it off the covers is anyone's guess.

I bet they will put some new banner on those and leave it from the old new 52, just to clearly show which is the new new now. Marketing. I hate "NEW!" "NOW A MOVIE!" and all that stuff on the covers. The DC We can be heroes banner, for example, ruined the wonderful Unwritten cover for 35:

That just looks tacky
That just looks tacky
#17 Edited by Funrush (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlackerGuy said:

@Funrush said:

Oh I got ya. I think all the trades are coming out next month. They should take it off then. imho.

Actually, they're coming out over a course of six months.

@DerBonk said:

That just looks tacky
That just looks tacky

I bet they will put some new banner on those and leave it from the old new 52, just to clearly show which is the new new now. Marketing. I hate "NEW!" "NOW A MOVIE!" and all that stuff on the covers. The DC We can be heroes banner, for example, ruined the wonderful Unwritten cover for 35:

Yeah, but unlike the movie banners, that was for a good cause, and was totally worth it. It wasn't like they put a giant watermark on the cover or anything.

#18 Edited by DerBonk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't really care if it's for a good cause (particularly because, even if it is for charity, this is still a form of advertising). They could have used entire pages of the book for that, the back cover etc. This just looks horrible, at least they could have adjusted the color of the banner.

Edit: don't get me wrong though, I'm not totally upset because of this, I just think it's disappointing that they don't care abut these details.