• 130 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-cancels-batgirl-joker-variant-at-artists-request

Here is a link to all the information. The cover was released for the June issue, people complained and now DC won't publish that variant. What do you guys think? Was its removal justified? Should DC not have given in? Whatever your opinion is try to be respectful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna say that if there was a variant with Bane holding batman like that after be breaking his back no one would care.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jayc1324 said:

I'm just gonna say that if there was a variant with Bane holding batman like that after be breaking his back no one would care.

I don't think they would draw Batman with a tear in his eye in this scenario.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Very true. But if they did, no one would demand its removal.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks, I thought the cover was great. A really sinister reminder of what had transpired between Barbara and Joker and a reminder of the extreme trauma she had to recover from. If people had such a problem with it they just shouldn't buy it, not ruin it for the people that actually liked it.

@jedixman said:
@jayc1324 said:

I don't think they would draw Batman with a tear in his eye in this scenario.

I really don't see the problem with the sinister nature of the cover. The part of Barb's history that the cover is referencing was terrible and traumatic, the cover should reflect that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Man...people gets upset by almost anything now, is annoying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: I agree, that was a very important part of her and dc's history. She has a dark history. Its a fact. Simple as that. Them acknowledging it is great and the fact that she overcame it makes her stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really bugs me how Tumblr is now leaking into comic books and that a loud minority is stopping the greater majority from experiencing a great piece of art and a great homage to Barb's troubled history.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Complete bs

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even read Batgirl and I was planning to pick that variant up.....I'm tired of companies pandering to overly sensitive people....

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That cover was one of the best ones I saw in the solicitations. Sucks that it got removed.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE FEMINISTS! It is not all feminists but there are enough of the bad ones to taint the entire flock, decent feminists need to identify as something else....

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

(wipes away tears of laughter)

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't posted on CV since the start of GG due to not wanting to be moderated to high hell , however I'll say a few words to those upset about DC pulling the variant GG stands along side anyone standing up for free speech and freedom of expression you are not alone.

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

@buttersdaman000 said:

I don't even read Batgirl and I was planning to pick that variant up.....I'm tired of companies pandering to overly sensitive people....

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

That cover was amazing and harkened back to the most influential moments of Barbara's life. I wish DC would have stuck with it instead of giving in to whiny, sensitive idiots.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I'm reading it is that the guy cancelled it because some freakshow's were being threatened because they didn't like it.

Its a totally bizarre internet-fool reaction, someone doesn't agree with you, so threaten to kill them. Then claim it was a joke or they took it the wrong way, but regardless in trying to stop that sort of toxic environment DC has over-reacted themselves.

If it wasn't for the threats being hurled everywhere it'd be an easy "don't like, then don't buy" solution.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gokuss4z

Well I've seen worse covers but damn it's pretty messed up.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vivide

I haven't posted on CV since the start of GG due to not wanting to be moderated to high hell , however I'll say a few words to those upset about DC pulling the variant GG stands along side anyone standing up for free speech and freedom of expression you are not alone.

www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/gamergate-zoe-quinn-scandal-1604008/

they do have open gamergate thread, we aint giantbomb

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really tho argh

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh.... what is it with comics? TV, movies, books, nobody gives a sh!t, but with comics everything is under a microscope. Comics are art, art is not meant to be taken away or blocked off, especially not a variant cover. If this is how comics are going to be, then maybe I'm not going to read much longer.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think it's important to keep in mind that Albaquerque personally requested that the cover not be published. One of DC's reasons for pulling the variant may have been because of the nagative response, but they also did it out of respect for their artist.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

This is why I keep saying you shouldn't read other characters

Just stick to Batman and everything will be alright

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

I swear, sometimes I think that the people who complain about these things must have never had one bad day in their life if this is the kind of sh*t that riles them up.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Aww, but that one was my favorite :(

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@heyyouknowwhat said:

Good grief, that just makes Cameron Stewart look like even more of an a$$ now. Very poor behaviour on his part, as if it wasn't bad enough that he threw Rafael Albuquerque to the curb, he blocks people with valid criticisms of his tweets. I shan't be buying Batgirl any time soon if this is what the creative team and its fans are like.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear, sometimes I think that the people who complain about these things must have never had one bad day in their life if this is the kind of sh*t that riles them up.

I see what you did there.

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

Sad to see the cancelation. Also it make me a little mad the attitude that cameron stewart took.

It's a real good cover. But I wonder will be ever have female character only in power position and not in other position?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There have also been complaints about this alleged sexual nature of the picture, because jokers gun is pointed downward.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So people get angry about how dark this cover is, then threaten Albaquerque. Am I missing something here?

Also I don't understand why this bothers people so much. There's been much darker bat stuff in the past and it's a variant, so it's no like people are being forced to buy it in order to read batgirl.

It's a shame though, I was planning on buying it. One of my favorite covers as of recent.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

That's like the biggest buls**t ever! The cover is amazing and I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

vato315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vato315

@jedixman: Yeah because women need protecting and men don't cry.

vato315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

So people get angry about how dark this cover is, then threaten Albaquerque. Am I missing something here?

Also I don't understand why this bothers people so much. There's been much darker bat stuff in the past and it's a variant, so it's no like people are being forced to buy it in order to read batgirl.

It's a shame though, I was planning on buying it. One of my favorite covers as of recent.

Same. When I heard about the cover I was super excited about it, and then I got a text from my friend saying it was cancelled >:(

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theprez said:

Sad to see the cancelation. Also it make me a little mad the attitude that cameron stewart took.

It's a real good cover. But I wonder will be ever have female character only in power position and not in other position?

Yeah, Cameron has been a complete a$$hole about it on Twitter. He is blocking ANYONE who opposes him which is just stupid because that just makes DC look bad.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that one reason they cancelled is because it is "sexual" yet DC uses a Magic Mike JLA background on Twitter where they are stripping. That's pretty hypocritical since the cover is being cancelled for sexual reasons, among other things too.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the most important thing in life is other peoples oversensitive feelings. Like if you run over a kid with your car don't try to help him because he is all bloody he might scare your kids riding with you... sounds ridiculous?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1927158/teenage-cyclist-hit-by-car-told-sorry-i-cant-stop-it-would-upset-my-kids/

But mah feeeeeeeeeeeelings..........

Idiots.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

There have also been complaints about this alleged sexual nature of the picture, because jokers gun is pointed downward.

Wow... people are running out of reasons these days...

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Wow... people are running out of reasons these days...

No kidding.

HeLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HeLord

Oh, look, the idiot feminists and SJWs are running wild again. I love how those idiots conveniently forget that this was supposed to be a VARIANT cover. There was another cover they could have bought if they didn't like this one. How can people be this dumb.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

The grand irony is that the whole #CHANGETHECOVER campaign will only serve to boost Albuquerque's variant cover.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, who looked at that cover and said "That gun's is pointing down, it's obviously masochist and sexist"

Especially when there's "beautiful and classic" art that just skips the clothing.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand what is offensive about this cover?

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand what is offensive about this cover?

It's really not offensive.