• 93 results
Posted by Voorhees100 (530 posts) 3 years, 3 months ago

Poll: The Joker vs Doctor Doom! (172 votes)

The Joker 51%
Doctor Doom 49%

A while ago I made a thread asking if The Joker and Doctor Doom were the two most popular villains in their respective comic universes to fans. Doctor Doom won the vote for favorite Marvel villain in @k4tzm4n's Question of the week HERE and currently The Joker is leading the polls in the DC version (and will most likely win) So, I ask, which villain do YOU like more personally? Will The Clown Prince of Crime get the last laugh? or will The Lord of Latveria reign supreme?

Avatar image for marionettegeist
#51 Posted by Marionettegeist (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker. But Doom is a great villain as well.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
#52 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker. He has always been my favorite villain, even since I was young and long before I began reading comics. I think Mark Hamill did it for me.

#53 Posted by MakkyD (6960 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by Wolverine008 (50893 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a dead even 50/50 now in the poll.

Avatar image for admiral_ironbeast
#55 Posted by Admiral_IronBeast (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker has had better moments (the Killing Joke, Death of Family)... but Doom has him beat. Doom has been more consistent than Joker--sure his best stories have not ever topped the Killing Joke, but the average Doom appearance is far more entertaining than the average Joker appearance...

Not to mention Doom has mastered the ability to talk in all Caps:

No Caption Provided

And more awesome moments:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#56 Posted by darkbeam (2873 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom but Joker cool.

#57 Posted by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker joker joker

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
#58 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6518 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily The Joker.

#59 Posted by Wolverine008 (50893 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker has had better moments (the Killing Joke, Death of Family)... but Doom has him beat. Doom has been more consistent than Joker--sure his best stories have not ever topped the Killing Joke, but the average Doom appearance is far more entertaining than the average Joker appearance...

Not to mention Doom has mastered the ability to talk in all Caps:

No Caption Provided

And more awesome moments:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

#60 Edited by rogueshadow (20900 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is a much better character. I vote Dr. Doom.

Joker will win the poll though. More fanboys.

Well yeah ... it is a popularity poll :P

#61 Posted by MakkyD (6960 posts) - - Show Bio

@admiral_ironbeast: You're forgetting that Doom has been in Books of Doom, Secret Wars, Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph And Torment, The Wedding of Reed and Sue, Doomwar, Doom Steals the Cosmic Power and the War of Four Cities.

#62 Posted by xblah_blahx (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

The Clown Prince of Crime!

#63 Posted by The_Absolute (914 posts) - - Show Bio

Order vs Chaos? I gonna say Two-Face and flip a coin. That's basically how this can be decided.

#64 Posted by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_absolute: Wow does that mirror this poll so well i think ill flip a coin strangly anough i still havent voted

#65 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Doom is predictable and boring while you never know what Joker is going to do next.

#66 Edited by MonsterStomp (31722 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Joker!

Reign supreme on this fool :P

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
#67 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom is an infinitely better and more interesting villain than Joker IMO.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for mister_sensational
#68 Edited by Mister_Sensational (209 posts) - - Show Bio

But Joker is wild

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DAAAAMN Joker really made Two-Face look like a b*tch right there! LOL, I think that quite possibly is the best Joker/Two-Face exchange I've seen since that scene in The Dark Knight with the two of them in the hospital.

#69 Posted by Chainy (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker by far! Mental anarchist. I only got into Batman after my mate compared me to the Joker, I was mainly just into Hellblazer or Marvel before receiving that comment. And the Heath Ledge; one of my most favoured actors of all time playing him... Well he gets my vote

#70 Posted by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom shouldn't even win cause he no longer is a villain and neither is Loki or Magneto

#73 Posted by hart7668 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't particularly like either of them.

Joker for his ridiculous ability to actually hang with Batman, Nightwing, and others in the Bat-Family in a fist fight as well as being able to play with the world's greatest detective.

Doom for being so ridiculously arrogant in his own power and Marvel actually giving him, to some extent, the ability to back up what he says. Doom is untouchable? Really? Gods know better? Why don't we ask Odin or Zeus what they think about Doom. Being a god was "beneath" you? No, more like you couldn't hold on to those powers. RRRGGH! I hate it when evil arrogance is actually rewarded in a comic.

#74 Edited by Wolverine008 (50893 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: Marvel always humbles Doom at the end of the day by letting Reed Richards get the better of him, and even humiliate him. :D

#75 Edited by Supreme_Maj (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is the best, it's always enjoying to read a comic where he is featured especially in the 80ties 90ties where we could say he was the number one villain. When anybody mention him it means a lot of trouble and he always goes Scott free. The heroes are oblige to compose with him, he has always a plan which brings chaos to the person he put his sit on. And he is so good that he has stolen power from so many powerful beings (Silver Surfer, Galactus, Beyonder etc.... ) . He is the first villain to get his own novel book and engoing books in the industry of comics. The 2099 line was very good because among the books we had Doom 2099 so with all that it's not a surprise to say DOOM REIGN SUPREME!

#76 Edited by Supreme_Maj (338 posts) - - Show Bio

In Secret War he was the leader of all the villains, showing his charisma even more powerful beings bent to his will

No Caption Provided

When all odds are against him he stays true to himself he is Doom

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No matter what DOOM REIGN SUPREME

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even hell could not hold him forever, even the celestials could not end his life. Why? Because Doom always find a mean to achieve his goal in the end Doom reign Supreme. He is Awesome .............

Let say it : DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

#77 Posted by batkevin74 (14286 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Batman fan, I wish that Dr Doom was in DC for Batman to go up against. Joker has crazy down pat and can genuinely be horrifiying and dangerous but that is no match for Victor Von Doom! Doom is like mystical Iron Man with Reed Richards brain who runs a country

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
#78 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (369 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker. Hands down.

For me he is the best villain of all fiction, because he represents what I fear most: madness.

Doom is cool (haven't read much with him since I dislike the Fantastic Four), but he is a very fantastical comic book villain, with not much base in the real world.

While I like those types of villains, like Darkseid and others, as soon as I think about which one works the best for me, its Joker. He is the crazy guy who hides under your bed when you sleep and then kills your whole family, because he thinks its funny. He is the guy who blows up a childrens hospital, who uses a lot of things of our modern world against us, like the media. He is the guy who kicks your door down at a saturday evening and slaughters you, because why not?

Thats scary, right there.

Also, I kinda like how many Marvel fans underestimate him, because he has no powers. In a way, he is again very much like Batman in that regard. Foes will underestimate him, because he is just a man and thats when he turns the tables and wins. The same thing about underestimating his fighting prowess. Sure, he isn't a great fighter, BUT when you get beat up by one of the best fighters of the world on a regular basis, you pick up a thing or two. I don't buy that crap about him not being a threat in a fight. Maybe not a threat like Shiva, but he can handle himself.

To be clear, I love Joker in all incarnations, but strongly prefer the serial killer like version Snyder, Miller, Morrison, Azzarrello and a few other used, because that realness of the threat, coupled with the clown like appearance (I never liked clowns) and sometimes even child like demeanor is the scariest thing in the world for me.

Sure, when he gets written badly and overused as a predictable threat (like kevin Smith did in some ways in Cacophony), he isn't all that, but that is true for every character. When written on top of his game, he is just the best of them all. DC villains tell each other Joker stories to freak each other out, so I am not alone in that regard.

#79 Edited by vandinejd_1991 (508 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by IrishX (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom helped inspire Darth Vader. 'Nuff said.

#81 Posted by Wolverine008 (50893 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Edited by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: actually that was darkseid

#83 Posted by tigerkaya (1425 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Doom. Jokers okay but at times recently he's been writing too chaotic I prefer the dark comedian style Joker over agent of chaos.

#84 Edited by IrishX (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe:

"Lucas provided McQuarrie, namely those of Doctor Doom, from The Fantastic Four, and The Lightning, from the 1930s Fighting Devil Dogs serial. Doctor Doom remains as a popular villain and so his similarities are generally well-known"

#85 Posted by Supreme_Maj (338 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#86 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Joker, but Doctor Doom's story is very epic as well. In a battle, Doctor Doom would absolutely humiliate Joker. He'd probably analyze what's wrong with the Joker and break him down. The man is that smart.

#87 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (11623 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Doom no one can contend with that level of arrogance.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#88 Edited by The Stegman (36200 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker has accomplished the largest feat in comic book history, he's made Batman laugh.

No Caption Provided

/Thread
/Thread

#89 Posted by Night Thrasher (3820 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Doom. For me Doom is the perfect villain. He could be the arch nemesis for ANY hero regardless of who, when or what universe. He would give Superman and Batman both challenges that would burn to the very depths of the character but works just as well with Reed Richards and Dr. Strange. Doom is the perfect mix of Science Fiction and Supernatural.

Joker is one of my favorite villains in the DC universe, but let's be honest. Joker doesn't work as well with anybody but Batman. I know he fought Superman before but the writer's had to give him powers to make it even a contest.

So for me it's Doom!

#90 Posted by SoftMachineOo (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh the good old DC vs Marvel thingy. Sweet!

#91 Posted by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

joker i fliped the coin i voted doom but still joker

#92 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (2311 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch me predict the future! The Joker is going to win this popularity contest.

Oh and I voted Joker. His comics are always fun to read and have great, cRaZy art. Doom is my favorite Marvel villain though.

#93 Posted by DeadPoker (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom.

#94 Posted by Dstick88 (138 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Edited by NePlusUltra51 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm late to this party, but Joker never appealed to me. Like what is his purpose, to cause anarchy and kill people. Literally a terrorist with no cause but the joy gained from causing chaos. Not being a hater I just don't get what's so great about him. I never saw him as interesting, just irritating. "Some people just wanna watch the world burn"... tho some feel he's pretty complex, I just don't see it. But others love him and I respect that.