The Flash #6

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Flash enlists the help of Wally West to help bring down Godspeed, who has no problem with killing criminals, instead of getting them a fair trial. Can these two take down Godspeed and can the other speedsters help?

At times, it feels like this whole story exists to move Wally West forward as Kid Flash. Writer Josh Williamson and artist Carmine Di Giandomenico deliver an entertaining story, but more cynical folks may find this part of the story a bit forced to fit in with the bigger picture. We're getting inside of the head of the character. Wally is being developed well here. We're finally going to get to see him as a hero, which fans have been looking forward to since he first appeared in the New 52. Hopefully, this continues to be a slower build, so we're just not seeing him in costume in the next issue, but either way, it will make fans happy.

Regardless of the idea that this part of the story feels forced, the whole problem with the multiple speeders is solved. It's a quick reset button, but it works in the grand scheme of things. The speedsters are gone, and it's done so in a way that Barry can take on Godspeed, who is faster than him.

Where the issue really shines is with Godspeed. He wants to make the city a better place, but he's doing it in a way that's against everything Barry stands for. Godspeed has no problems killing off the bad guys. Barry wants to bring them justice. Godspeed isn't delusional or crazy. He's misguided, but he makes a fair point, over and over again. They wouldn't be in the overall mess they're in, with crime and the Rogues, etc, if Barry killed off those who broke the law. That's where the story is moving towards, and it's a really nice hook to keep readers coming back.

Di Giandomenico and colorist Ivan Plascencia do a nice job on the issue. This artistic team has really put their own stamp on the series and character, giving it a unique flavor. Di Giandomenico's exaggerated style fits well within a series about people running at incredible speeds. As always, Plascencia's colorwork gives the overall issue an eerie tone, which is a bit fitting for the story with Godspeed. He's an amazing colorist, and it's wonderful to see him on this series.

Flash #6 is a really solid issue that opens the door for the rest of the arc. While the last issue had many readers with their jaws hitting the floor in shock, this issue moves forward rather than lingering on that moment. A few things are wrapped up nicely, but it may feel like the Wally West portion of the issue is a bit forced. Regardless, this is a solid issue building towards what could be a great next issue.

Zackboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

godspeed is an asshole

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackboom: Kinda Zoom with mindset of Punisher.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't picked up the issue yet, but Godspeed better not get beaten by an amateur....wally west.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was cool

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Such a cool looking cover. Without the speech bubble I'd call it perfect.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Feels like retread of Johns Zoom arc.

Carnivius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it. Though how does Godspeed expect people to clear up the bad guys he merged into the wall? That's gonna be some grim work. :P

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great issue !!! I'd give it a really high score , if not for Wally west. Damn unnecessary.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: that's what rebirth is "the rehash". Telling old or classic stories with a twist. Just look at superman and wonder woman comics.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By 2cool4fun
@bloggerboy said:

Such a cool looking cover. Without the speech bubble I'd call it perfect.

Ikr? Speech Bubble's always ruin covers, or even just letters in general. Yet DC loves putting in words on their already good covers.

@entropy_aegis: that's what rebirth is "the rehash". Telling old or classic stories with a twist. Just look at superman and wonder woman comics.

Let's be real, after 75 years, it's kind of hard for stories to not feel a little similar to at least 1 story from the past.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Feels like retread of Johns Zoom arc.

Villain who's a close friend of the Flash, gets the same powers as the Flash by accident, discovers his secret identity, uses his powers to kill criminals and tries to make Barry a 'better hero' by causing suffering along with the speed stealing power being used excessively... No no you must have the wrong idea mate :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Superman and Wonder Woman comics are actually good right now. It beats the forced cliches of the New 52 anyway.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@holyserpent said:

Hey Superman and Wonder Woman comics are actually good right now. It beats the forced cliches of the New 52 anyway.

Rebirth in general is doing excellent. Most books are either excellent to the very least , readable . Especially superman ( last 2 issues personify superman), detective comics , green arrow, Titans, wonder woman , and the recent teen Titans and Trinity were great. Hal Jordan and flash are picking up , even though the reveal for flash was rather obvious . As mentioned above , Godspeed reminded me of Frank castle, wanting to do good but go as far as killing . Tom kings batman is good , and will hopefully get better with the I am suicide arc.

JL and suicide squad are the outliers, in my opinion .

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casper4690: I agree mostly, most of Rebirth has been very good. Especially Superman IMO too.

Carnivius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloggerboy: Looks very simple to photoshop out if you wanted to use the image as a wallpaper or poster or something. :P

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I Disagree. Superman and there miniseries like swamp thing have been good. I'm just not feeling the rebirth.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't picked up the issue yet, but Godspeed better not get beaten by an amateur....wally west.

You mean like how barry is being beaten by an amatur because he refuses to use his variety of powers?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: Oh you think Superman was good, clearly you're not all bad then :P

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve Wands the letterer is doing an amazing job in this series. The balloons, fonts, and effects are so great

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd call myself a die-hard Flash fan, but I'm tempted to drop this like I dropped Justice League after Darkseid War. I think between Titans and Earth 2 I might have enough Flash content to sustain me. This arc bores me so much.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: lol you sound like a Thor fan. He is simply slower at this point.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: so? Barry can manipulate time and controls a multiversal plus energy force at his whim, He has no excuse for losing this.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers