The Dark Knight Rises

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By minigunman123

I just got a ticket for a marathon of Batman, starting at 6:30 PM, consisting of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises (which starts at midnight, opening night). It's like the Avengers deal. I'm planning on buying some Batman comics that I'm missing from my collection, and reading them in between the movies.

Who else is doing something awesome for the opening of the Bat's greatest and latest movie? Share with the world how much of a fanboy you are! :D

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By minigunman123

Well pfft, now I just feel silly. :| I can't be the only Bat fanboy out there.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight about a week ago. The biggest thing I'm doing now is going into the city to see The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX on the 21st.

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

I was actually planning on going to the marathon with a few friends, but it turns i'm going to be out of town when the movie premiers. Sad day :(

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By AweSam

I'm just going to watch on opening night. I hate marathons when I own the first two movies.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By minigunman123

@TheSavageAssasin: D'aw :(

@AweSam: You have no soul! Big screens ftw.

@The_Tree: What is IMAX anyway? Too lazy to google it.

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

@AweSam: Ha, I own the first two movies as well, but just the thought of seeing them all on the big screen back to back is very enticing.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

@minigunman123: I could tell you normally, but copy/pasting it from Yahoo Answers is so much easier.

Both the screen and the actual film reel is larger than your normal theater.

A film produced specifically in IMAX will use film stock that is twice as big as 35mm, and a frame size four times as big. This captures far more detail than traditional photography.

IMAX's primary application today is presenting 35mm productions on their large screens. They use a special Digital process to blow the 35mm negative up to their IMAX stock sizes without blowing up the flaws and grain so you get a larger, more impressive experience.

They also utilize a far more powerful sound system with some 10,000 watts driving it. You get a much more powerful, rich and detailed sound experience.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@minigunman123: I really wanted to do the IMAX marathon but I have family coming over that day.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By BatWatch

I've never gone to a movie marathon. I think it would be fun for two films, but I'm pretty sure I would be bored by the third.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Waiting for Sunday. Cheaper tickets.. Meh.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#12  Edited By Queso6p4

@minigunman123: Definitely enjoy yourself. Reading comics during the break is a great idea, btw but if you're going with friends you might be talking with them and meeting other Bat fans instead. Which books are you planning on buying to fill in the gaps?

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Waiting for Sunday. Cheaper tickets.. Meh.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to see it night of I'll just wait a few days still see it in IMAX drinking a beer in the reserved seating section, for about the price of seeing it night of. I think it's worth it as there will hopefully not be as many blathering,crying, kids checking their cell phones.