The character Godspeed sounds a lot like...

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hunter Zolomon from season 2 of the Flash. In fact, besides the fact he was much faster than Professor Zoom, "The Flash" season 2 villain has completely different powers.

Godspeed gets his power from the speedforce storm, is killer of speedforce users via draining them of their power presumably to increase his own power and speed.

Zoom from "the Flash" is pretty much the exact same character as he got his power from the same type of storm, he was/is a serial killer of speedsters and wants to steal their speed.

It will be interesting to see if his ability to "steal speed" is similar to Wally Wests/Savitar/Jay Garricks pre Flashpoint ability from the comics or if its been limited. Only he has to constantly steal speed to keep his power. Although it's unclear whether he will be able to steal speed from anyone/thing and simply chooses to do so from speedsters, or if the ability is much more limited and toned down.

Personally it seems like a rehashing of Daniel West Reverse Flash and The Flash Season 2s Zoom being spliced. I doubt any New 52 speedster will get to the unchecked, crazy potent abilities Hunter Zolomon and Wally West had Pre-New 52.

Thoughts?

Edit Mods may choose to move this to specifically the Flash or the Barry Allen forum, however I wanted input from more than simply flash fans based on the analysis.

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
FlashofTommorow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FlashofTommorow

@supermanwithatan01: I see what you mean, and I personally agree.

It's a shame this Forum and Off-Topic are full of spam threads.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Yup but it's inevitable, there's only so much one can do with another speedster and with the name Zoom taken wouldn't surprise me at all if Godspeed is indeed a new version of Hunter.