The Best Stuff In Comics: 5-18-15

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This used to be a video series. Now it's not. Each week we take a look at the other Best Stuff you might have missed...this week.

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE MIGHTY AVENGERS #8

Best Description of Worlds Colliding in SECRET WARS

When it comes to a Jonathan Hickman story, sometimes it's hard to give a quick summary of what's going on. In this Secret Wars tie in issue, Steve Rogers does a good job describing what the incursion business means.

No Caption Provided

SAGA #28

Best Heroic Speech

If you've been reading SAGA, you know bad things often happen. Let's keep our fingers crossed for

Ghüs.

No Caption Provided

SILK #4

Best Reaction to a Kiss

Spider-Man brought Silk to the Fantastic Four for some help. Of course Johnny Storm asks her out on a date. Here's what happened when she gave him a little kiss.

No Caption Provided

CONVERGENCE AQUAMAN #2

Best Nickname for Aquaman

Aquaman's been called a lot of things over the years. He's probably heard them all. Heck, this probably isn't even the first time someone's called him this. Still, it makes us chuckle. He's fighting Deathblow for the survival of their cities and all that Convergence stuff. Deathblow just keeps taunting him even after Aquaman gave him a punch that sent him flying across the room.

No Caption Provided

MS. MARVEL #15

Best Star Trek Reference

It's almost surprising this doesn't happen in every single issue. When someone gets angry at Kamala Khan, the results should be obvious.

No Caption Provided

Best Star Wars Quote (Part 1)

Kamala and Bruno are on the run. There's only one way out. That's the perfect opportunity for a Star Wars quote.

No Caption Provided

CAPTAIN MARVEL #15

Best Star Wars Quote (Part 2)

The Star Wars quote in MS. MARVEL wasn't the only one this week. With Carol Danvers being out in space for a while and having a cat named Chewie, we knew this had to be coming eventually. It was exactly as good as we hoped.

No Caption Provided

Most Emotional Issue

Things quickly take a serious and very emotional direction. Losing someone is never easy. This issue handles it beautifully. You really should read this entire issue.

No Caption Provided

LADY KILLER #5

Best Getting Ready for a Big Fight Moment

We featured just one little fight scene from this issue in this week's Best Battles. Here's the moments right before Josie had to take on some evil goons.

No Caption Provided

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #12

Best Awkeward Moment or Best Random Guy in a Costume Holding a Naked Girl

Miguel has been fighting a friend that lives in his building that's gone through a bit of a transformation. At one point, things get a little awkward.

No Caption Provided

CHRONONAUTS #3

Best Cameo

With Corbin and Danny going through time and kind of doing whatever they want, we see a moment where Danny decides to get involved in the music scene.

No Caption Provided

Best Car Chase Scene

Of course there are consequences to mucking about in time. Part of the results is a pretty epic car chase that's bound to make things even worse. This is just a teeny tiny glimpse into the full scene.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #12

Whether you've been reading comics for some time or if you saw Guardians of the Galaxy, you know the Collector has a pretty fascinating collection of stuff. One thing he has was pretty spectacular and brings back memories to SECRET WARS II.

No Caption Provided

SECRET WARS #2

Best Kind of Creepy Image of Mr. Sinister Lounging in a Chair

There aren't really any words that can describe this scenario. It just looks like Mr. Sinister is comfortable and waiting for you.

No Caption Provided

THOR #8

Best Unexpected Description of new Thor

Oh Jessica. Captain Marvel asked Spider-Woman what she thought of the new Thor. I'm sure this got loads of people talking on Twitter and Tumblr.

No Caption Provided

BIZARRO SNEAK PEEK

Best Reason Not to Let Bizarro Fly You Someplace

Note: You can read the DC Previews for free HERE.

Jimmy Olsen is going to go off with Bizarro. What's the best way to get to their destination? Jimmy thinks about how flying could go.

No Caption Provided

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @DJFanco, @AlexBeanLD, @RyanYoushockMe, @ploiken, and @SidneyUA for their suggestions. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Saturdays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Be sure to always look for the best stuff and always be sure to not get in a situation where you're only escape is down a garbage chute.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

I was expecting to see Spider-Mam crying moaning uncle ben again.Howard the Duck has been so funny.

They really lucked out with the Star Wars trailer and Carol's cat being named Chewie.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So Jane Foster is Marvel's Elric of Melnibone now?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

@teerack: I debated. I was on the fence with that being funny or not.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

That KHAAAAANNNN moment is just as funny as this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHQsEGIxJh4

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#5  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

HA LOVE THAT SILK PANEL

~MiB

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the new Ms. Marvel series. What is the Ghus series about they look like very cute and cuddly creatures ?

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Saga is about war, the post effects of war, family dynamics and some moral grayness, also touches on the bizzare and the mistreatment of females in alien societies.

Diannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diannah

Captain Marvel wins this week for most appearances, but her Chewie quote takes the award for 'best line of the week". :-)

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Error on the Kamala Khan section, it is not Jamir she is on the run with, its Bruno.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By GalacticFork

Ah, Ms Marvel, where Star Wars and Star Trek references can live in harmony. So nerdy. So good. And wow, that Chrononauts chase scene should be in a movie. That was really cool.

@g_man said:

@teerack: I debated. I was on the fence with that being funny or not.

It was though! And I usually hate running gags like that, but it's Spider-man.

But the real travesty is you didn't include Howard's undercover disguise! There's nothing better\worse than a naked anthropomorphic duck on its hand hands and knees begging for bread.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork: Yeah, Howard's disguise seemed more disturbing than funny. Sadly no one made any HOWARD suggestions either. I try to pluck something out in the next issue.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think there could have been a Cataclysm reference in Legendary Star Lord #12. With Galactus's tooth it would have been funny if it was knocked out when Ultimate Kitty Pryde broke his jaw.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

Half of Marvel dialogue is just pop culture references.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed pretty hard at that Morrissey cameo.

idisestablish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@diannah: I agree! But it wouldn't be half as funny if it weren't for the fact that her flerken's name is Chewie.

Labeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This used to be a video series. Now it's not." : ((((((( Since when? From this epi? I just came here after years & wanted to watch the remaining epis of this & a few other vids like weekly & 6 minute expert. I hope they are not dead too.

comicawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could you not add captain britain decapitating baron sinister

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for the new Bizarro series! The preview is very enjoyable!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck
Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure was a present to us thanks g-man

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@comicawesome: Because it didn't last... It unfortunately never lasts.

Diannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diannah: I agree! But it wouldn't be half as funny if it weren't for the fact that her flerken's name is Chewie.

True, but give the writer some credit. The cat/flerken had been named Chewie long before that Star Wars trailer came out.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: he did something like that in another issue lol "wh...why am i so bad at this" then he starts shaking again lol

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lookin good