Superpower person who hates mutants

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey fellas,

WIth all the racism towards mutants, how come theres no superpowered dudes who hate them? Basically what I'm saying is, they should make captain america hate mutants just cuz.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handsome_stud:There are plenty of superpowered people who hate mutants, they're villains. Making a hero have an irrational hatred though is kinda hard to make sense. There may have been a couple heroes who've had misconceptions of preconceptions about mutants but those issues are usually worked out within the same issue. Making Captain America hate mutants is like having Jean Grey racist.

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By handsome_stud

I meant good-guy superheroes

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That's a good point. Some far-right-wing crime fighter would hate mutants (or so you'd think).

(Although, the notion that mutants are different while other "powereds" are not is a bit ...dumb (a certain gene that can give people a variety of powers, versus other genes being altered ( such as by a spider bite) and giving powers. It's all the same). Not to mention mutants being considered a different species...not biologically accurate at all. Though can't complain because it brought up important social questions of the time).

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should make captain america hate mutants just cuz.
No Caption Provided

Yeah, that's always a good reason to do things.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought the hatred of mutants was kinda stupid with groups like the Avengers and such saving the day. Hank, Reed and Tony had this talk in Blue Marvel that why I see the Avengers and X-men universe being seperate.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lightsout

I always thought the hatred of mutants was kinda stupid with groups like the Avengers and such saving the day. Hank, Reed and Tony had this talk in Blue Marvel that why I see the Avengers and X-men universe being seperate.

I'm not as versed in Marvel as DC, but with everything I've read it's always felt this way. Them & the hate they deal with, with all the "traditional" super-heroes being separate. They probably could survive as an entirely different universe. (Enough characters & teams & stories & what-not)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

@immortal777 said:

I'm not as versed in Marvel as DC, but with everything I've read it's always felt this way. Them & the hate they deal with, with all the "traditional" super-heroes being separate. They probably could survive as an entirely different universe. (Enough characters & teams & stories & what-not)

I believe it's all public image. Groups like The Fantastic Four and Avengers have a good image with the general public, they work with the government, they can be thought of as trustworthy. However the X Men generally stay secluded, whether it's at the Xavier school, or their island, and to add to that many people spread lies and rumors about how they're ''dangerous'', it makes the public distrust them. The same thing happened with Spider-Man in the early days. All the mutants need is a really good PR agent...or a mutant version of Captain America.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@the_stegman: they tried more than once to give mutants good PR. Angel tried to do it; Cyclops tried to do it after X-Men occupied Utopia... All the attempts failed spectacularly.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I think the reason is that they can understand a little more then just most regular people. And although heroes like Captain America are not hated, like mutants are, they are still different then regular people. So I think there's a certain level of understanding between them.