Superman vs Captain Marvel(JLU) or Superman vs Zod(MoS)?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Superman vs Captain Marvel(JLU) or Superman vs Zod(MoS)? (14 votes)

Superman vs Captain Marvel 29%
Superman vs Zod 71%

Best fight scene?

• 
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Superman vs Zod was the epic battle that Batman vs Superman wanted to be. It was an epic fight with an exciting conclusion that stood on its own but had this added symbolic layer of choice vs predetermined path.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

JLU.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like any of Superman's fight scenes. Every since watching Superman TAS I always thought it was stupid that he would destroy so many building. I also think it is funny that they had to do it in a blockbuster movie for them to realize that.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revive: That was the surprising issue taken up against MOS.

In this particular JLU battle he and Captain Marvel punched and threw and tackled each other through buildings which were empty, it was really stupid but the argument is no people were killed. Other battles however where the buildings may not have been empty no one gave a crap and it was just reflecting the comics.

In the movie, Supes didn't destroy a single building. Punched Zod through some but not destroyed. But yeah it was really weird when the movie which reflected the cartoons which reflect the comics bore such criticism on collateral damage of a kryptonian fight especially with its stressed grounded in reality setting.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ultimatesmfan: It is weird how much people overreacted to the destruction. I guess maybe it's just because a blockbuster movie will have more viewers than a comic or a cartoon so more people noticed it. But I actually have gone back and watched Superman and Zod's fight to see how much damage Superman actually caused to the city, and other than dragging Zod through a bunch of windows on the side of a building, he didn't really break anything at all. In fact he seemed to be avoiding breaking more of the city, such as punching Zod across the city above the skyline or leaping to avoid a truck Zod pushed at him (which then exploded behind him, which is kind of funny in a way).

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough one, but leaning towards Supes vs Zod

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really like both of these. The movie depicts things at much higher speeds, but in terms of brutality, destruction, and beatdowns they're both pretty comparable.

I don't wanna pick lol

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By USSJ3071

superman vs zod. its epic, the final confrontation of hero and villain, amazing music, changes scenery, focus on more tactical H2H