Superman limitless?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guanzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guanzoo

He couldn't move earth on his own (limit reached)

Couldn't keep up with flash when he was running (limit reached)

Couldn't take hits from Doomsday (limit reached)

No Caption Provided

Discuss

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting power and striking power are like earth and sky in comparasion...Superman is strong as he needs to be depends on plot.One day he is struggling against street lvl villains and next day he is defeating Darkseid and Doomsday.That always bothered me about Superman,he doesent have defined level of strenght or how do people say a power level.And when people are debating with him againnst some random character from mangas or anime it always end up to be a composite Superman unified with all his versions.And to answer your question he is limitless in every way possible from bad to great.He will fly through black hole,lift a planet(only weight of it on a machine),beat a teleportation and he will lose to Batman which is bizzare assuming he is superhuman level of intelligence and all.

In my opinion only comic abstracts or people around skyfather level can crush Superman easily,rest is debatable and mostly in favor of Superman.

jadenlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not this repettive shit again.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

For comics sake will DBZ fans let it go.......you're the only ones who put any stock in deathbattle.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

For comics sake will DBZ fans let it go.......you're the only ones who put any stock in deathbattle.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jasonhawke: I did not. That is a separate issue. One I honestly don't care about. Lets not bait another SM vs Goku thing again.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dernman said:

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#10  Edited By KrleAvenger

@guanzoo: You are right. He is not limitless at all but your way to prove it is invalid mate. Superman was able to tagg the Flash, he was able to take a punch from Doomsday and can easily move planets. The only point you made is that scan with Spectre like (why don't you stop the Anti Monitor). That is enough to prove your point but the other ones are non factors mate.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KrleAvenger

@straja said:

In my opinion only comic abstracts or people around skyfather level can crush Superman easily,rest is debatable and mostly in favor of Superman.

Much weaker characters then Skyfathers could stomp Superman

@jasonhawke said:

Goku would curbstomp post-crisis & new 52 Supes.

It depends on the version of Goku.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackagar

Superman's greatest power is the fact he's the ultimate savior of the earth and often the universe. A writer will make him invincible if they have to, that is the true meaning of is limitlessness. Superman is a Idea, a Metaphor, a Concept more than he is a character. He's smart enough to do whatever, strong enough to do whatever, whatever to do whatever as long as it fits into the story. He's not a street leveler he can get amps out the butt hole if he needs to, ex: Sun dipp, Thought robot, power rings yadda yadda.

@krleavenger: That proves nothing, not being able to do something at X time doesn't mean you're not limitless it means that you were not capable of doing it at that time.Being limitless doesn't mean you're born with infinite power, it means there is no limit to your potential. The limitless drivel from that Screw attack video is basically saying, if for plot purposes, superman can do anything and we've seen him do retarded stuff.

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's greatest power is the fact he's the ultimate savior of the earth and often the universe. A writer will make him invincible if they have to, that is the true meaning of is limitlessness. Superman is a Idea, a Metaphor, a Concept more than he is a character. He's smart enough to do whatever, strong enough to do whatever, whatever to do whatever as long as it fits into the story. He's not a street leveler he can get amps out the butt hole if he needs to, ex: Sun dipp, Thought robot, power rings yadda yadda.

@krleavenger: That proves nothing, not being able to do something at X time doesn't mean you're not limitless it means that you were not capable of doing it at that time.Being limitless doesn't mean you're born with infinite power, it means there is no limit to your potential. The limitless drivel from that Screw attack video is basically saying, if for plot purposes, superman can do anything and we've seen him do retarded stuff.

this right here is the perfect answer no need to post people

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Goku doesent have versions,there is only one and i wont count GT because it is not canon.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straja said:

@krleavenger: Goku doesent have versions,there is only one and i wont count GT because it is not canon.

He has versions.

• Kid Goku.
  • Older DB Goku.
  • Goku at start of DBZ.
  • Goku after KK training.
  • Goku From FS.
  • Goku SSJ.
  • Goku SS2.
  • Goku SS3.
  • Goku SSGod.
  • Goku SSGodSS.

Not to mention that the level of power is debateable in all of these forms since pre and post some episodes.

That is just Plot Device. Instead of doing something smart writers make shit with Superman who consistently is not on the level of his high end feats. Let me call Thor beyond Universal because he killed Atum, damaged Galactus, KOed Exitar...

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: You're arguing a different thing. I'm saying if superman needs to do something dumb, he will and most certainly can do it because he is the ultimate savior of DC. In terms of a debate or averaging feats this is irrelevant, as for story though....Superman is the Plot Device. In almost every big DC event, superman saves the day somehow. In minor events he saves the day mostly too. He will show difficulty with things he shouldn't and no difficulty with things he should, it doesn't matter Superman is designed to be the Savior of everyone, by default, he'll be put in any scenario or gain any power he needs to.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackagar said:

@krleavenger: You're arguing a different thing. I'm saying if superman needs to do something dumb, he will and most certainly can do it because he is the ultimate savior of DC. In terms of a debate or averaging feats this is irrelevant, as for story though....Superman is the Plot Device. In almost every big DC event, superman saves the day somehow. In minor events he saves the day mostly too. He will show difficulty with things he shouldn't and no difficulty with things he should, it doesn't matter Superman is designed to be the Savior of everyone, by default, he'll be put in any scenario or gain any power he needs to.

You're totally right. And those things should be taken as they are, just Plot Devices and nothing else. DC proved time and time again that Superman has limits but is also a Plot Device for some huge events. I don't take that as part of Superman's power level and nobody should. Full of inconsistency, PIS and High end feats as they are plot devices.

In the end Supermna has limits.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By jumpstart55
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Let's agree to disagree, our understanding of the concept is different and we're likely not going to reach consensus.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thread about Superman because of DB it never ends.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he's not limitless, but the writer can make him strong as he needs to be for plot. Same can be said for many.

And I hope deathbattle never does another Superman vs. Goku.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackagar: Well what we are talking about are different types of conexts. I mean we all know nobody is gonna use Superman's feat of KOing Mr. Mxy as the level of his power as we all know Superman is not Multiversal. He is planetary level thread.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These misconceptions have been debunked to death already on this site alone. Stop trying to resurrect it!

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Let me guess, another DBZ fan that got mad because people on the battle forums wouldn't accept his calculations?

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: They are all gokus from one storyline that is what i wanted to say...It is not like most DC characters where Lois Lane is in her twenties from like 1934 till these days...

Straja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Well everyone knows that Goku always comes to our minds if we talk about stronghest fighter or hero.Kids love Superman but teens and adults love goku that is for sure...

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straja said:

@thekinfing: Well everyone knows that Goku always comes to our minds if we talk about stronghest fighter or hero.Kids love Superman but teens and adults love goku that is for sure...

No not really, well atleast not in my case and most kids the I know of, when people think of the strongest hero they are probably thinking of Superman, Superman is on a whole new league(popularity wise) compared to Goku.

MiguelR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: you must think the USA represents the rest of the world, no one reads comics, why would you compare supes popularity with Goku?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miguelr said:

@thekinfing:

you must think the USA represents the rest of the world

No not all, quite the contrary.

,no one reads comics

Not even close.

, why would you compare supes popularity with Goku?

I did it because it was relevante, he said that when people think of the strongest Superhero they think of Goku, I said that in MY case and the case of most kids that I know they think of Superman, that is why I compared them.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's basically common sense that he isn't, but bringing it up every 2 months/2 weeks/2 days isn't gonna change anything.

It get kinda annoying

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what are you talking about?

superman is obviously limitless.he was able to lift a book with infinite pages and he gets powered by the sun which is an infinite source for him as long as the sun is there.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrueKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: The DB fans weren't the one who started the toxicity.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@dernman said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

no one says superman is limitless. its just a misconception

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points