• 59 results
Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Though I am aware the character is "dead", I'm actually surprised no footage whatsoever was shown of him in the first trailer. Although it's obvious he'll be in the film I'm curious what rumors anyone has heard on the character being in the film? With Zach Snyder I wouldn't be surprised if he's never shown in a single trailer and returns as some sort of mind controlled villain.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Black_Arrow

Though I am aware the character is "dead", I'm actually surprised no footage whatsoever was shown of him in the first trailer. Although it's obvious he'll be in the film I'm curious what rumors anyone has heard on the character being in the film? With Zach Snyder I wouldn't be surprised if he's never shown in a single trailer and returns as some sort of mind controlled villain.

He was shown in the promo pic but It would tecnically be a spoiler if they shown him in footage of the movie.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Do people really have this.... this warped, and blatantly false perception of how Snyder thinks of Superman??!?!?!

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The movie's still processing and I'm sure that the Superman scenes haven't even properly been done yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkryptonian said:

Do people really have this.... this warped, and blatantly false perception of how Snyder thinks of Superman??!?!?!

I mean considering the last film spent the entire time telling us why he sucks and isn't needed, destroying his ideals, having him get beat up by Batman and then killing him off....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic, they'll probably have him revive in the 3rd act and come to save the day. I wouldn't worry about it that much. He's in the promo photo.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

I mean considering the last film spent the entire time telling us why he sucks and isn't needed, destroying his ideals, having him get beat up by Batman and then killing him off....

No Caption Provided

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

Point of view is key when watching and making a movie...

Also, all that was presented to show that even in the face of darkness and doubt, he still prevails and stands for the human race (Which he did).

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

Also, all that was presented to show that even in the face of darkness and doubt, he still prevails and stands for the human race (Which he did).

No Caption Provided

superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: I mean he didn't really prevail for the human race, they just compressed one of the most well known Superman stories into a 10 minute fight scene and killed him off. Snyder clearly doesn't understand the character and honestly I'm not sure if he even truly likes him.

His Batman was pretty bad ass minus the whole killing part though.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better have his 90's hair. Idk why I liked that look so much.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

Is your outlook always this shallow? lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

Is your outlook always this shallow? lmao

I mean that is what happened. If you have a scene where the dude was allowed to triumph even once in the movie without looking like a prick, I'd love to see it.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: I mean he didn't really prevail for the human race, they just compressed one of the most well known Superman stories into a 10 minute fight scene and killed him off. Snyder clearly doesn't understand the character and honestly I'm not sure if he even truly likes him.

Well, he does understand the character, sooo.....

Plus, Superman's ark was told throughout the film and MoS, not just in the last 20 minutes. If you were paying attention, you would realize that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

That's actually an interesting point I was just thinking about. I heard the same kind of thing when Man of Steel came out. He's being tested, he's showing he prevails in the face of darkness, etc, etc. Has there been a moment in these movies where he's been able to just do his thing and prevail without the movie immediately throwing a dark shade on it (Zod's death, his own death, his montage of saving people where he looked like he'd rather be doing anything else) or deconstructing it (the entirety of BvS)?

superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: No I meant the Doomsday arc, not the entire Superman story. His Superman is very dark, very grim, and very depressing. In no way is it the usual portrayal of the character and in no way does it show he understands the character. Don't get me wrong I actually highly enjoyed MoS. DoJ however, made me lose most of my faith in Snyder. Superman's character was constantly destroyed throughout the film and by the film's conclusion his only triumph was sacrificing himself pointlessly when he could've simply just thrown the spear. I'll keep my bias aside for Justice League.

To each his own though I suppose. I only state that to the vast majority of people, the Superman of Zach Snyder is not one that's viewed as positively as more lighter incarnations like the character is usually shown.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@nicksmi56 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@superkryptonian said:

That's actually an interesting point I was just thinking about. I heard the same kind of thing when Man of Steel came out. He's being tested, he's showing he prevails in the face of darkness, etc, etc. Has there been a moment in these movies where he's been able to just do his thing and prevail without the movie immediately throwing a dark shade on it (Zod's death, his own death, his montage of saving people where he looked like he'd rather be doing anything else) or deconstructing it (the entirety of BvS)?

Every scene of Clark arguing with Perry sounds the bill.

Because Doomsday is the kind of character that lends himself to a full 2-hour film that introduces him as a complex and worthwhile character with a valid point of view that makes it appear as if he and Clark could reasonably coexist as friends.

Sarcasm aside, Death of Superman was about what we saw. It was a brawl through Metroplis after the rest of The League put over the brute. What were you expecting?

Flickerblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want to see is Superman with out all the Snyder "deconstructing" garbage. This Superman isn't inspirational or charming he is mopey and miserable. Hopefully when he returns that is done.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@superkryptonian said:

Well... he didn't develop him. never gave him a chance to talk, focused entirely on Batman's boring anger storyline, His dynamics with his supporting cast and the world were non existent, made him take it on the chin the entire time and then expected us to care by just killing him off.... I'd say he really loves the character.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@scouterv said:
@nicksmi56 said:

Every scene of Clark arguing with Perry sounds the bill.

Oh god, the butchered Perry Black for me. He had my all time favorite scene in MoS, and in this movie he was reduced to terrible one liners.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: That's a triumph?? Last I checked, he was told he was out of date and that no one cared about his ideals....

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: Sounds a lot like reality. But, I consider Clarks' moral high ground a triumph.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rainshadow777

There's no denying the Doomsday killing Superman thing lacked gravitas and meaning in BvS. Even taking into account the events of Man of Steel, having the Doomsday fight at the end of BvS just felt so awkward. I haven't seen the extended edition yet so maybe it feels better in the longer film.

It may also make more sense by watching Man of Steel and BvS back-to-back which I haven't done yet but definitely will at some point.

Another BvS controversy discussion. This is the movie that just keeps on giving isn't it hahaha.

As for the original point of this thread, I'm definitely fine with Superman not being in trailers etc. I really hope they bring him back in a great moment/twist in Justice League that makes you want to cheer and pump your fist - but I bet it doesn't happen. I thought I'd get that same feeling with Aquaman's cameo in BvS but all I saw was a dude holding his breath awkwardly in a big tank of water...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: But that's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking for a scene where Clark just triumphs, no strings attached. No one shouting him down, no deconstruction or "reality", just letting Superman be Superman

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

he probably comes back at the end

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: BvS was the exact opposite, it literally showed is why the world needs Superman.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: But that's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking for a scene where Clark just triumphs, no strings attached. No one shouting him down, no deconstruction or "reality", just letting Superman be Superman

That's what Superman making the sacrifice was, am I right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I don't think getting murdered by the thing your enemy made to kill you counts as a triumph...

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they showed Superman y'all would have been crying about spoilers.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I don't think getting murdered by the thing your enemy made to kill you counts as a triumph...

Being selfless is a triumph.

It's like your parents taught you nothing, SMH.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: How exactly? If it wasn't for Batman's kyptonite spear, Doomsday would've won.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Lol well yeah, sure, but I'm talking about a moment where Superman gets to have his cake and eat it. That win is still soiled by him getting killed off and Batman taking the reigns from there (because of course he does -_-)

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AkshSarpanch

Wow, this turned into a Zack Snyder Superman discussion thread. Bravo, sir -_-

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Lol well yeah, sure, but I'm talking about a moment where Superman gets to have his cake and eat it. That win is still soiled by him getting killed off and Batman taking the reigns from there (because of course he does -_-)

Oh, that makes more sense! I think it's a given we'll see that in Justice League since they're setting it up to be a fun and satisfying ensemble film.

Sorry if you've already posted, but what did you think about the Justice League trailer? I'm curious to hear!

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: That doesn't matter, the entire point the film was trying to get across was that the world needs Superman despite humanity's flawed anger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's coming back, that much is obvious so I think they won't spoil it yet. It does feel weird to have Justice League film without Superman at the forefront considering Batman isn't much of a team player but we'll see how it happens. With the new lighter tone, I'm hoping Superman gets time to shine as a confident positive Superman more in line with his comic book nature. Cautiously optimistic is probably the word at the moment. Flash looks good, Wondy's solid, Aquaman is a wait and see for me and Cyborg, from what little we've seen, looks pretty cool.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

@nicksmi56: That doesn't matter, the entire point the film was trying to get across was that the world needs Superman despite humanity's flawed anger.

I don't think Nick is arguing against that. All Nick wants is a triumphant scene in which Superman has his cake and eats it too. I love Batman v. Superman and I can still concede to that.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Slayz

@theamazingspidey: I don't understand why that's the cornerstone for what makes a Superman iteration great.

It's entirely subjective. I prefer the reality of the situation where even good actions have consequences, especially sacrifices. It's not about making Clark look like a brooding idiot, it's about making humanity look like a bunch of selfish pricks. Clark saves a multitude of people throughout this film, and the overlay of the human's doubting him is supposed to flesh THEM out as the losers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I definitely like the change in tone, I like Barry Allen (though Gustin will probably always be Allen for me, comes with loving the show), I like Batman having to go out of his element. All that stuff is good and makes me interested to see where this ends up.

But I think I needed more to truly get excited. Ik this is basically just some footage and not a real trailer, but it seems kinda....pedestrian? Which really threw me off. I mean the old cartoon and its sequel did a fantastic job of feeling epic, which is what you think when you hear Justice League. Plus the brand was really damaged for me by BvS so I'm unconsciously tempering my expectations, especially since the same people are involved. So mildly interested, but nowhere near jumping out of my seat.

Also I absolutely hate how Cyborg looks. Poor guy looks like a bad Bionicle rip-off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz: We're not talking about what makes a great Superman adaption. We're talking about Snyder's feelings toward Superman, specifically the absence of a scene that glorifies the guy. Something that makes the audience go "Yay, Superman!"

Batman's big moment: Batman gets to absolutely beat down a bunch of thugs about to kill an innocent woman. He does this in awesome brutal fashion and the audience goes "Yeah, Batman!"

Wonder Woman's big moment: Jumps in, saves Batman's life with her theme playing, and goes on to have an awesome fight with Doomsday, even getting to flash the audience a devil-may-care smile. So of course everyone went "Holy crap, Wonder Woman!"

Superman's big moment: Dying...yay?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: Well, I mean he got to jump in a tub with Amy Adams. That's a plus, right

Jokes aside, you're right. He didn't have any moment for people to cheer for him. The sizzle reel of saving people was cool but it was literally while people where debating if he should help. So, I guess it's wrong that he helps people, I think, I don't know.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Slayz

@nicksmi56: That's so incredibly shallow and thin, lol.

Superman had the biggest "yay" moment out of all of them. He was continually doubted and harped on by humanity, but he persisted regardless and ended giving his life for the very people who criticizing him for being a hero.

Your argument is the equivalent of an 8 year old watching this movie. It completely lacks critical thinking and contextual awareness, only appreciating the physical beat-em-up moments that are just eye candy for the viewer.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short answer, they've only been shooting a couple of months, maybe they've not shot anything with Superman yet.

Also, he's dead. We know he'll come back but it'll be more effective if they save the surprise.

Superman will make a triumphant return and redeem himself with tons of Yay Superman moments that were lacking in BVS.

Zack Snyder doesn't hate Superman, he put him through a very complex arc in bvs because he wanted to establish what the reality of a superhero with super powers is in this modern realistic (extremely critical/weary) world.

Was it really disappointing to see that Supes got the short end and didn't get shining moments, yes it was but no way was he misunderstood. Just a slave of circumstance, that being Lex's smear campaign. Zack understands him, he just went IMO in a bad direction with the most of Supes story being full of anguish because of Lex and the media. (There should have been a movie before this during that Honeymoon period between MOS and BVS but now we have what we have) P.S- Watch the ultimate edition.

I hope and believe Justice League will have the Superman everyone wants.

@nicksmi56 said:

Being selfless is a triumph.

Also, Superman died a martyr, so Lex actually failed his mission and lost.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

It wasn't even a trailer just a small Teaser in which even the CGI isn't done. They might pull a vision and give a glimpse at the end of the second or third "Final" trailer

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

Some of you should take a closer look at comics, based on comments I've seen.

Superman hasn't really been much of the inspiration in comics and for a while has been a bit whiny and brooding. He's got several arcs where he's actually intimidating helpless human scientists (look and Unchained or the Rao arcs). Snyder's Superman might be following comics better than a person first realizes. The whole build up to his n52 death was depressing enough to mentally vomit.

Batman killed or was willing to kill in comics, especially else-world stories where he had been grim. He was willing to kill Ra's al Ghul when he was recovering Damian's body to demonstrate going down a dark path not so long ago, and did some not-so-morally-gray bad things going through that period when he wanted to resurrect Damian. Superman I mentioned above.

People need to realize comics don't match their ideas of what Superman and Batman should be all the time. BvS did match up with versions I've read. I don't think Snyder actually missed the portrayals so much as hit specific portrayals. Whether a person wanted those is subjective but they do exist in the comics and in the end it's still personal subjective opinion instead of an actual flaw.

It seems more like the right movie for the wrong audience when dealing with the Comicvine audience. Ignoring preconceptions with an open mind and really looking at the film leads me to thinking it's a good film. Even Lex had moments that seemed ominous with a not so typical Lex.

Maybe all y'all might need to write more essays to trying to prove to yourself those flaws really exist. ;-)

Yep, the majority of people complaining about the DCEU are the ones who have these idealized opinions of the characters. Anything less than perfect is a mistake and a sign that Snyder hates or doesn't understand the characters. Then, they turn around and praise the MCU lol

superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akshsarpanch: I just posted this because I wanted some rumors on Superman coming back but hey these are some pretty good discussions.