Star Wars Episode I, II, III

Evolute99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Evolute99

Have true Star Wars fans written off the prequel? I constantly hear negative associations toward it. has it been accepted as valid toward the development of the Universe.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondave

I thought they were better than the main series

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

In general, I prefer the EU to the movies overall.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By acer51

The prequels are what Starwars has always been, pretty shallow in meaning, but really great action films that kids love.

That's what the original trilogy was too, the older fans just can't see it because there nostalgia blinds them from seeing the truth. But when they see something similar in shallowness as adults with no nostalgia blinding them they hate the film.

Honestly I like all the films, but there not winning any Oscars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

One person can be a true Star Wars fan and hate the PT whereas another true Star Wars fan can love it (such as myself). True fans of a franchise don't have to be completely agreed on every part of it.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@acer51 said:

The prequels are what Starwars has always been, pretty shallow in meaning, but really great action films that kids love.

Wow...Umm...I REAAAAAAALY disagree with that. Personally, as a Star Wars fan, I prefer the prequels to the originals. Now, before you start sending me your hate mail, here me out. I love the originals to death, but in the end, they're really cheesy action movies. That's not to say the acting, mythology or story is bad, but still...It's pretty straightforward. At first glance, the prequels may seem nothing more than cliche action films, but IMO, they're actually smart, political movies filled with great references to plenty of other material (Romeo and Juliet, The Myth of Prometheus, Frankenstein) They also have way more developed characters than the original. I mean, if you were going to write an essay about Luke, you'd end up with something pretty short. You could go on forever about Anakin or Palpatine/Sidious. So yeah, not only do I love the prequels more than the originals, Episode III and II are among my all-time favorite movies.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I prefer them over the original trilogy, but I still love the original; I just prefer the prequels more.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

I like the originals and the prequels, the originals far more of course. I don't consider there to be a "true" Star Wars fan, use of that title just sounds elitist and condescending.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

They had the potential to be good. This guy summed it all up.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Anyone who thinks this has totally forgotten about Ewoks.

Avatar image for robocopslayert800
RobocopSlayerT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still aint got to see the first one yet.

Highlander_615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Highlander_615

@sesquipedalophobe said:

They had the potential to be good. This guy summed it all up.

This guy... Is right in so many levels...

iHailCarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iHailCarlo

I loved all the SW movies.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ReVamp

They have not been written off, but they are largely hated. I recently (about a month ago) watched the first and the second (and a smudge of the third) and remembered why they were so hated. To be honest, I wish I hadn't seen it because I had rather fond memories of the movies, which are now kinda... meh. I'm planning to finish the third and go right into New Hope, ESB and RotJ.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
I love the prequels
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

loved em

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe:

RLM is retarded on so many different levels. They make Game Dude look like the AVGN.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I consider myself to be a Star Wars fan and I enjoy the prequels and watch them often. Heck my girlfriend and I just watched all six movies back in Nov and enjoyed saying quotes alongside the movie as it played.

There is a saying somewhere and I forget where it was that I saw it. Might of been here from Silver or JediX, but to me it was quite honest. Star Wars worst fans, are Star Wars fans.

Everyone has in their mind what it should and should not be and anything that strays from that is wrong. Blasphemously wrong. lol

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Andy Steven Summers said:

Everyone has in their mind what it should and should not be and anything that strays from that is wrong. Blasphemously wrong.

RLM in a nutshell. Man I hate those guys.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC

The main problem with the prequels were that George Lucas was too involved. He isn't a great actor's director he's a visual effects director. Instead of getting the right performance from the legitimately good actors he managed to get because he was more worried about the space ship that was going to be added behind them.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Onemoreposter

\@acer51 said:

That's what the original trilogy was too, the older fans just can't see it because there nostalgia blinds them from seeing the truth. But when they see something similar in shallowness as adults with no nostalgia blinding them they hate the film.

Honestly I like all the films, but there not winning any Oscars.

Bullshit. The Empire Strikes Back should have one an Oscar. It was a fantastic film, and not just from a Star Wars fanboy viewpoint. The original trilogy was leaps and bounds better than the prequels.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

They are rather terrible movies, but unfortunately they are cannon, so you can't "write them off" if you are talking about the development of the universe.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Phantom Menace is OK, Attack of the Clones is good if you ignore every scene with Anakin on his own or with only Padme, and Revenge is one of the crappiest films ever.  

The original series are absolute, immortal classics that they prequels cannot hope to touch.  

The comics and novels (and even the television series) handle the prequel subject matter 10000 times better than the poorly written, directed and constructed movies.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

@Andy Steven Summers said:

Everyone has in their mind what it should and should not be and anything that strays from that is wrong. Blasphemously wrong.

RLM in a nutshell. Man I hate those guys.

I would generally agree with them if they weren't so up their own asses about opinions, since they are quick to attack the intelligence of anyone who dares to like something that they hate. And yet the f***s liked Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance...

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jorgevy

I'm one of those people who, when they like something, consider themselves a fan of that something, even if what they like is largely hated or considered by other "fans" not fan worthy.

this is one of the examples. It might be because Phantom Menace was the first movie I saw as a kid, and so also the first SW movie i ever saw, but i like the prequels. I dont give a damn if people dont like it, hate it, or consider them crap. I give even a less of a damn about people who go around saying people who like the prequels aren't real fans.

so yeah, that's that. there are several people who like the prequels and i am one of them.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KnightRise

I love Star Wars. I loved the prequels. Truthfully, I love mocking EpIII more than watching it, but its a classic for me. The only flaws I find with the prequels were the god-awful acting moments and Jar-Jar Binks' bumbling. I didn't even mind the racist charactiture undertones of the Gungans and Trad Fed. The plots worked fine, most of characters introduced into films were great, fight scenes were beautifully crafted, and midi-chlorians were not a big deal.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Prequels? Never heard of them.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By z3ro180

They weren't as bad as the fans made them out to be

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan said:

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

A lot of people hate Revenge of the Sith, but honestly, it has had the most epic lightsaber battle of all the films. 

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Prequels ftw.

I prefer Master vs apprentice over father vs son.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MAZAHS117

The prequels look like a million bucks but in terms of acting they are pretty bad imo. Hayden Christensen was pretty awful in the lead role of Anakin, a very dry/wooden performance for the main central character. The action scenes and effects were great tho. Like already mentioned, what it comes down to is that Lucas just is not a good director of actor/actresses. The best film imo out of the saga is Empire, which wasnt even directed by George. That just goes to show how truly great the story and material can be if given to a better director. I did like Ep I for the pod-race and Darth Maul was a complete bada$$. The only thing I remember about Ep II is that we FINALLY got to see Yoda in action. Ep III has one of the best fight scenes in movie history imo with Anakin vs Kenobi on a volcano planet....other than that, the prequels lack the heart that the original trilogy had. Thats my problem with them, no heart. The Original trilogy had Luke rushing home to find his Uncle and Aunt murdered by the Empire, iconic scenes like Han Solo getting frozen in carbinite and Luke finding out who his father really is, the emotion of Luke battling his father at the end of Return of the Jedi and Anakins/Vaders redemption just to name a few things. Nothing that happened in the prequels made me care much about anything really, it was just great visuals, a bunch of cool action scenes and lightsaber fights....Both trilogy's are not without their faults, but if I had to sit down and choose, I'm going the Ep's IV-VI

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@JediXMan said: