inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

For those who have been waiting, for years, for a new Star Wars Battlefront game, today will get you super-excited about the upcoming release from EA. Our friends from over at Gamespot were at the Star Wars: Battlefront Stage Show at E3 this week and got video of the entire conference, which also features gameplay on the PS4.

The actual gameplay footage starts at 5:29, in case you want to cut right to the chase.

Star Wars Battlefront will be available for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 17, 2015. Let us know what you think of the new game!

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

meh. too much regression.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

EA is going to butcher this game.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS LOOKS AMAZING!! SO HYPED!

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

EA is going to butcher this game.

It already has less content than Battlefront 2.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

That looked amazing...I don't get the pessimism here.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I can see why people might not be so sure about this gameplay but for me...I'M HYPED.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Because it's EA.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrellAssassin

Looks great. The game just looks and sounds exactly like Star Wars. The things people are complaining about missing from the previous games (space battles, campaign) were the worst parts of those games. Better for DICE to focus on the most important things.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lack of space battles is quite discouraging. But goddamn that was still an awesome trailer.

#Preordering #StarWars #BelieveInEA

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Lack of space battles is quite discouraging. But goddamn that was still an awesome trailer.

I was so hyped for next gen space battles. Especially after the portable battlefronts improved on it and added hero ships.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: They'll do them in a future sequel. It's omission is not some money scheme by EA, it's just that DICE wouldn't have the time to build it properly with the time frame they've had. Better to not do it at all than to have it half baked.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

The gameplay just makes me happy. I smiled through the entire thing.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

The gameplay just makes me happy. I smiled through the entire thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's sad how 5 minutes of scripted gameplay can get people fawning like clueless troglodytes:

• no space battles
  • no galactic conquest
  • no instant action
  • no campaign
  • no clone wars
  • only 4 maps
  • horrid amounts of dlc and micro-transactions

This game is nothing more than BF4 with a Star Wars skin, but apologists will blindly throw their money at it anyway.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

IT. LOOKS. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pizzaman

@sprior93 said:

It's sad how 5 minutes of scripted gameplay can get people fawning like clueless troglodytes:

• no space battles
  • no galactic conquest
  • no instant action
  • no campaign
  • no clone wars
  • only 4 maps

This game is nothing more than BF4 with a Star Wars skin, but apologists will blindly throw their money at it anyway.

THANK YOU!!!!!! As soon as graphics come up everyone forgets what's been taken away.

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game may look good, but don't be a fool. Everyone should wait until the reviews before you buy. Besides, there's already a ton of games at E3 you should be getting instead.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Very interesting

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

there are actually 12 maps

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love how so many people are so quick to put the game down because of the things it lacks, such as maps and space battles when theyve no idea how much work goes into making those kinds of things function properly, and have NO clue about what is coming and what has simply not been mentioned yet. you never show all your cards at once, thats how you get ppl coming back. not to mention the fact that production guidelines are set really early in the process, it would be great to have 5 dozen maps, but given budgets and time constraints, some things are unfeasible

for those of you willing to wait until the game comes out before you start b*tching, i commend you and hope you enjoy. for those of you already on the Hate bandwagon, we'll see you sooner or later

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much a water-down version of the originals. No space battles, no story mode, mostly focused on multiplayer gameplay, not many maps...

They are turning Battlefront into something it's not. It's going to be full of microtransactions and DLCs that make it less fun for a lot of players. People want to enjoy the game they bought, not have to buy more things to be able to enjoy it. Look at other games with DLCs. They are like a bonus, not something you should need to feel to buy. For some returning to the game series, "it's gonna rule!"...Until a week afterwards when you'be played all the game modes on all maps and start to get bored.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My hype for this game didn't even exist before I saw this.

FailSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to see more before I can get excited.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By godzilla44

@sprior93 said:

• no space battles
  • no galactic conquest
  • no instant action
  • no campaign
  • no clone wars
  • only 4 maps

^ This

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks good, but honestly they are hurting themselves because of all the DLCs and stuff, companies are such POS's for the DLC packs its honestly what ruins games the most.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: you know every comment I've ever seen you post is always so negative, why is that? Or have I only caught you on bad days?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: you know every comment I've ever seen you post is always so negative, why is that? Or have I only caught you on bad days?

These days most days are bad days. I don't know, they can't all be negative? Hmm, maybe I'm just an unpleasant, miserable person.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: well I sincerely hope that's not true because no one deserves that (except for like child molesters and serial killers) besides now is a great time to be a nerd, from awesome TV, videogames, movies (we actually have a Marvel cinematic universe that's amazing) to great comics from alot of smaller companies to the big two. I know I am some random Internet person but try to cheer up because there is plenty of reason to be and besides it can always be worse, remember stuff like the 90s Captain America movie or Rob Leighfield *shiver*

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@sog7dc said:

I agree but EA always seems to mess things up.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: it's sad that you think anyone cares about your opinions

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trailer looks really cool! Although it totally should have just ended when the player turned around to see Vader light up his lightsaber.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Can I shoot Darth Vader in the crotch in this game? If I can then, I'll get this.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By CitizenSentry

@jonez120 said:

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought there was instant action with bots?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As excited as I am for this, I don't in any way trust EA with a multiplayer focused title Andy just in general with dlc/micro transactions which is already showing it's ugly head we'll before release. Then the fact there's less content then 2. I'm waiting till it comes out first, not going to pre order.

Trailer is awesome though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gameplay looks great. I like how you can transition from 1st to 3rd person without opening a menu.

I really hope this game isn't plagued by micro-transactions and overpriced dlc. It's already missing a lot of content like game modes, clone wars, and space battles. Though I think DICE has said multiplayer will have 12-16 maps instead of just 8, after they heard how the community felt. So we got that back. I have a feeling EA might release another Battlefront next year or a year after, except it'll be only Clone Wars. Then the next game will finally be both eras in one game with everything from Battlefront 2 (ps2) included.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SmoothJammin

As someone who devoted much of their teenage life playing BF2 for months on end, this latest addition was announced too little too late for my tastes. In hindsight it's upsetting seeing as how the project was left to freeze in developmental hell during a period which saw the momentum for the game grow towards a crescendo.

No one suspected we'd ever see the likes of Battlefront again and yet here it is. For whatever reason the gameplay comes off as slightly cookie cutter when stacked next to other modern day FPS giants like BF4. Doesn't matter. The one thing it's got going for it is the nostalgia of the classic films recreated and enhanced by PS4's excellent graphics. If the idea is to build off the foundation of what's been lain out before then there's still room to grow.

It's best if DICE can capitalize off the success of the tv shows, books, prequels and upcoming movies by padding on familiar concepts through DLC or a sequel featuring MOAR. I want to hop in a TIE fighter and take to the skies FREELY without being forcedly involved through interactive cutscenes or a preprogrammed script playing outside of my control. If that sounds too epic a feat to accomplish then forgive me, but at this stage a Battlefront reboot will need to make up for lost time. This is the Star Wars universe after all. The Hoth presentation at E3 was gorgeous and a big step up from the leaked footage acquired of Battlefront 3's early dev models. I'll likely be renting as a part of me feels I outgrew the series. EA will need to blow me away if they count on earning my dollars.