• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else seen the CACW world premier? So how do you think this will change the battles MCU Cap is in? Or will it at all?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who he's up against like it always does

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He's graduated from Motorcycles to Helicopters now, huh?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VoloErgoMalus
@impervious said:

Soon he'll be derailing trains and capsizing ships.

...ok, maybe not. There's a limit to what people will chalk up to the SSS, training, patriotism, and/or the power of friendship. I don't think we've reached it yet, though.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No b/c we don't what the helicopter was trying to do

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I find ironic is that Cap seems stronger then Jessica Jones. I'm only on ep 7 but I haven't seen anything feat-wise that would put her over cap, not even by a little bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: true that, but It looked pretty difficult for him do IDK

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have no idea how successful he's going to be there or how long he is going to hold it in place.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We got big guns, been graduated from knives got the... day in the life of a killer inside

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but I mean loom at AoU trailer, we all thought Thor really busted a city on his own , then we found out , Tony's arc reactor did 95% of the work

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spambot

I think people generally make too big of a deal out of what mcu cap does. I mean seriously, do people not realize the sort of things he's been doing in comics for decades? He is the favored son of Marvel.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: ? Thor "busting a city" wasn't in the trailer

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: cap has strength feats over luke cage and jessica. the jessica jones characters are not that strong to be honest imo.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holding the Helicopter isn't as impressive as you guys are making it out to be. Well, not impressive given his track record of strength feats. I just looked it up; an average, commercial Helicopter like the one Cap was holding back averages around 3000 pounds. Cap already tossed a 500 pound motorcycle like it was a stick, so I don't see why this feat is being hyped.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: "Tony's arc reactor did 95% of the work"

When did we find that out? Don't get me wrong I never believed it was all Thor but I chalked at least 50% of that feat up to him. I thought all Tony did was double his power back.

He gets stronger every movie and honestly I'm fine with it. It can be a bit inconsistent but meh.

Jessica Jones has been a bit inconsistent so far (up to ep. 5/6) too imo but she's seems weaker to me. I think they're going nerfing the tv characters a bit due to budget and target audience.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@those_eyes: Jessica was inconsistent, probably because she was always holding back, but her high end feats put her on par with Steve in strength in my opinion, even after the helicopter feat. She lifted a car with one hand and stopped a moving car from hitting a little girl with one hand, she did both with very little effort on her part. I think her main issue, because of what happened with Reva and Kilgrave in general, was that she was scared of killing somebody and scared of losing control in general, so she was always trying to reel in her powers and as such she seemed weaker at times. Basically she didn't want to hit somebody and break them in half. Luke was obviously way stronger than her when he wasn't being controlled, she gave it her all to slow him down and he just walked forwards before brushing her off.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Luke was busting through brick walls like paper. How is that not better than Cap?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: cap has strength feats over luke cage and jessica. the jessica jones characters are not that strong to be honest imo.

That's another thing, she hardly seems stronger than Luke. Like if I had a choice between her strength or his durability I would pick Luke's durability. Does she at least jump fairly high by the end of the season? They keep on referencing how high and far she can jump but I can only recall seeing her jump one time onto a fire escape (keep in mind I'm only mid-way through the season).

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Jessica was inconsistent, probably because she was always holding back, but her high end feats put her on par with Steve in strength in my opinion, even after the helicopter feat. She lifted a car with one hand and stopped a moving car from hitting a little girl with one hand, she did both with very little effort on her part. I think her main issue, because of what happened with Reva and Kilgrave in general, was that she was scared of killing somebody and scared of losing control in general, so she was always trying to reel in her powers and as such she seemed weaker at times. Basically she didn't want to hit somebody and break them in half. Luke was obviously way stronger than her when he wasn't being controlled, she gave it her all to slow him down and he just walked forwards before brushing her off.

Steve has a feat from AoS where he pulled a bulldozer.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: that wasn't Steve, it was Mike (though Steve is still stronger than Mike)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Steve has a feat from AoS where he pulled a bulldozer.

I think you mean the fork-lift truck. I personally call bull on that feat, it was off-screen and it was just said by some random-ass S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent who might have just been saying that to push Mike to work harder. Mike has always seemed stronger and more durable than Cap to me, IIRC in the pilot he was making cracks in the ground and pushing his fingers between brick without much effort.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

@heatforce: that wasn't Steve, it was Mike (though Steve is still stronger than Mike)

Steve can leap around 50ft and through a concrete roof?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: it was a bulldozer and a midsize one from the looks of it around 20 tons, I Agree that this must be an outlier for cap because pushing a 20 ton bulldozer 100 metres in less than 15 seconds is way above his other showings, I agree Deathlok has always looked above Cap in strength

https://youtu.be/-pnOXuRI0vM

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

@rogueshadow: it was a bulldozer and a midsize one from the looks of it around 20 tons, I Agree that this must be an outlier for cap because pushing a 20 ton bulldozer 100 metres in less than 15 seconds is way above his other showings, I agree Deathlok has always looked above Cap in strength

https://youtu.be/-pnOXuRI0vM

My bad, I haven't watched the first season in a while. Yeah, I agree.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: ? When did that happen?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: your not taking into account the amount of lift the helicopter is generating that cap is also holding back

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhamwallet: Iron Man's AI specifically said the best Thor would do is crack the vibranium cap a little.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I'm talking about Peterson before the cybernetics

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

I did a little research, and it turns out the helicopter that Steve is holding on to is a Eurocopter AS350 "Ecureuil" ("Squirrel"), which could have a takeoff weight of as little as 2,270 (not counting the pilot and fuel) or as much as 5,225 pounds (fully loaded high performance B3 variant).

More importantly, the aircraft's takeoff power ranges between 732 and 847 shaft horsepower (depending on the engine), and the diameter of the main rotor is 36.07 feet, meaning, if my calculations are correct, the lift it generates is between 10,000 and 11,000 pounds of thrust...

Rotary area = pi*(rotor diameter/2)^2 = 3210.1996177637161188 square feet

Power loading = (takeoff power)/(rotary area) = 0.2280232032766624694 to 0.2638465207313293874 horsepower per square foot

Thrust loading = 8.6859/(power loading)^0.3107 = 13.7496212954846786530247 to 13.140169091727853994312 pounds per horsepower

Lift = (thrust loading)*(takeoff power) = 10064.7227882947847740140804 to 11129.723220693492333182264 pounds of thrust

Upward force balanced by Cap = (lift) - (takeoff weight) = 4839.7227882947847740140804 to 8859.723220693492333182264 pounds

...which alone makes this makes this at least a 4,800 pound feat for Captain America, perhaps as much as 8,800.

...but he's at an oblique angle. I figure it's about 60 degrees from the vertical/thrust vector, which would make the load feel like 9,600-17,600 pounds! Which would make Cap about a five to eight-and-a-half tonner (tension through his arms and shoulders, anchored with one hand)!

And to top it all off, Steve apparently succeeds in bringing the aircraft down, as you see him being shot at next to its wreckage in another part of the trailer. This is unconfirmed, of course, but it would mean that he could possibly handle more than 17,600 pounds of tension through his arms and torso before "maxing out" and being unable to move.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tayssti

From some quick searching online, I've found some commercial helicopters similar to the one in the trailer that have a max take off weight of anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000 lbs. So Cap is preventing a helicopter from taking off that normally could still take off with 4-6 tons of resistance.

Edit: looks like @darthmummy did a better job with the research! Nice job on explaining and finding out what helicopter it was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: wait? What? Thors city busting feat is legit... Why is everyone downplaying that all the time

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sure it will.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will overrate the hell out of him beating Stark.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

Not enough context. I never take feats from trailers seriously.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Holding the Helicopter isn't as impressive as you guys are making it out to be. Well, not impressive given his track record of strength feats. I just looked it up; an average, commercial Helicopter like the one Cap was holding back averages around 3000 pounds. Cap already tossed a 500 pound motorcycle like it was a stick, so I don't see why this feat is being hyped.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or Underrate Tony

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

Or Underrate Tony

Given everything else he's done...they shouldn't. There has to be context to the 2 v 1.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No b/c we don't what the helicopter was trying to do

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x said:
@darthaznable said:

Or Underrate Tony

Given everything else he's done...they shouldn't. There has to be context to the 2 v 1.

You know how people are.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would change the type of opponents that he would be matched up against.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@agencyagent34 said:

but I mean loom at AoU trailer, we all thought Thor really busted a city on his own , then we found out , Tony's arc reactor did 95% of the work

Go away hater, it is stated by Stark that Thor could bust the city on his own, but that the remains would still cause a lot of damage, so they needed it completely vaporized.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

one day cap becomes the physically strongest avenger...........say goodbye to hulk, thor, iron man and vision........cap's the new muscle of the team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: just like people are going to overate Batman beating Superman? Sorry I know I sound like a jerk I'm really sorry I don't want to... But you can't overate a feat... If a we see something, and he can do it... Then he can... A writer can change everything overnight with one scene