Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By New_World_Order

Marvel thinks they're making their characters more appealing to newer fans but they're really just alienating their long-time loyal fans.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Gambit474

@theacidskull said:

@gambit474: It's not ethnics or race that makes him interesting, it's the fact that robbie is a teenager with a short fuse, lives in a dangerous enviroment, and drives a car.

Which I view as stereotypical/superficial/whatever the word is..There's literally nothing original about the guy now that we know how he is. There's nothing about his personality or attitude that one couldn't already read of characters already in the x-men or wherever else. Yung I wish people like you would quit bringing up the TB bit..I've already mentioned that why should people have to read the TB for ONE character they want to see? It's not like the book's even going to revolve around Blaze. Blaze is back to be in the shadows again just like he was when Alejandra was around..Nothing's changed

Pretty much the logic of those in support is "Well Blaze is still around so it's ok that some new kid gets created whilst ignoring everything that went wrong the last time." The fact that you admit that you aren't aware of the details of why Alejandra failed simply shows that you're talking about giving something a chance when you don't even know fully why the formula failed the last time.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your tears taste sweet fanboys. Keep on crying. *Yum*

-ABstract4$$#073-

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

@theacidskull said:

@gambit474: It's not ethnics or race that makes him interesting, it's the fact that robbie is a teenager with a short fuse, lives in a dangerous enviroment, and drives a car.

Which I view as stereotypical/superficial/whatever the word is..There's literally nothing original about the guy now that we know how he is. There's nothing about his personality or attitude that one couldn't already read of characters already in the x-men or wherever else. Yung I wish people like you would quit bringing up the TB bit..I've already mentioned that why should people have to read the TB for ONE character they want to see? It's not like the book's even going to revolve around Blaze. Blaze is back to be in the shadows again just like he was when Alejandra was around..Nothing's changed

Pretty much the logic of those in support is "Well Blaze is still around so it's ok that some new kid gets created whilst ignoring everything that went wrong the last time." The fact that you admit that you aren't aware of the details of why Alejandra failed simply shows that you're talking about giving something a chance when you don't even know fully why the formula failed the last time.

The first issue hasn't come out yet so you can't really judge who this will turn out, and neither can you say that Robbie is different or the same as Alejandra. Why should I stop bringing up the thunderbolts? I'm trying to remind blaze fans that AT least not getting replayed by this new guy, AT LEAST he's still an important character somewhere, sure it's not as good as having you own series, it's still better than nothing. I understand if you don't want to read TB, but that doesn't mean that I can't be excited for something that seems cool.

Marvel is trying again to correct their mistake, it didn't work out the first time, it might work out now. The writer( can't remember his name) seems to know what he is doing from the interview i've read, and you need to consider that the timing is more appropriate considering that new series are coming out right now, meaning that GR is having a proper relaunch. I understand the frustrations, but GR hasn't been able to hold a title for along time,aside from Jason Aaron run he mostly had mini-series and such, nothing more, so why is it so surprising that he's getting some tweaks?

As I've said before..you,and others like you,aren't saying anything that wasn't said already back when they were creating Alejandra and debuted her. Yes I can judge because I have no interest in reading about some rebellious teenager who thinks he's hot shit because he's got a car..Yawn. My TB comment was aimed at Yung,not you but still you aren't proving anything to Blaze fans because it's still Johnny being pushed to the side. Important? Being on teams like the Avengers or X-men would be considered important..but Thunderbolts? Lolz no. It's pretty much saying "Hey if you want Blaze or whatever's left of what we're doing with him then you need to read TB whether you like their book or not." Let's also ignore the fact that Blaze's character has never been one to be a team player..I'm not 100% against him being on a team but it's not the first time since Aaron's left that they've made Blaze be out of character

Actually yes I would rather have nothing instead of watching GR get butchered again..Why are people making it such a big deal that GR fans are entitled,and have plenty of reason to be,to be against this? If they were trying to correct their mistake they should've stuck with Blaze or as I've said on more than one occasion to bring Ketch back who's really received the bad end of the stick since he's been no where to be seen for a long time now. COMMON SENSE would've implied that they should've brought Ketch back and done something with him long before creating a new rider yet again. Ketch still hasn't had his run of redeeming himself after all the stuff he did while working for Zadkiel..They could've gone into so much depth with that if they had bothered too. No duh of course Gr's not been able to hold a title..Making a female GR,having Blaze make jokes and be treated as if he were Deadpool by the other heroes(being considered annoying,never shutting up,etc),and whatever else they've done with him lately. "Timing is appropriate"lol no it isn't..Marvel and DC are both pulling the same crap right now. They're both making all these new characters and all these new "changes" that don't need to happen instead of working out some of their already established and underrated characters like they should have. DC for ex could've done so much with their New 52 with guys like Grifter,Deathstroke,Firestorm,and whoever else yet they canceled them all just to bring in more Superman and Batman. Like I said..There's nothing being said that supporters or those who wanted to give this stuff a chance didn't say back when Alejandra was around

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks awesome to me personally.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this new Ghost Rider book won't be as bad as the rest of them have been.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really acid..Williams did a decent job on Blaze when he did the Shadowland one shot but soon as he got that series he wrote Blaze completely out of character. Come to think of it..Robbie isn't really that much different from Alejandra. Alejandra already did the whole "rebellious youth"bit because she was 18,mouthed off to authority,tried to do things her way,and everything else that when compared to how Robbie sounds..Isn't that much different. The fact that it's easier just makes it look lazy on Marvel's part..You'd think they'd look at what Aaron did,see what worked,and capitalize on it. Heck I'd rather just see Aaron take it up again since guys like GR,the Punisher,and such seem to be his specialty

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

Not really acid..Williams did a decent job on Blaze when he did the Shadowland one shot but soon as he got that series he wrote Blaze completely out of character. Come to think of it..Robbie isn't really that much different from Alejandra. Alejandra already did the whole "rebellious youth"bit because she was 18,mouthed off to authority,tried to do things her way,and everything else that when compared to how Robbie sounds..Isn't that much different. The fact that it's easier just makes it look lazy on Marvel's part..You'd think they'd look at what Aaron did,see what worked,and capitalize on it. Heck I'd rather just see Aaron take it up again since guys like GR,the Punisher,and such seem to be his specialty

Well I can understand from a personal perspective.

I'd be Mad to if Rulk was given a series instead of Hulk....oh wait! Thanks god Jaff Parker took over tho.

Yes because General Ross was totally not an established character before..oh wait! Funny you mention Rulk since his series is one of those that pissed off Hulk fans thanks to Loeb at one point ;)

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@gambit474: My TB comment was aimed at Yung,not you but still you aren't proving anything to Blaze fans because it's still Johnny being pushed to the side.

A @ would have been nice.

I don't want to repeat myself too much, so... basically it is this.

I. My TB comment is... hey you want Blaze he's still here with the TB's.

II. If you don't like that he's with the TB's or that Reyes exist... you can complain but.. just don't buy it.

IV. I honestly think this whole, "Alejandra failed" argument is invalid. I made the comparison of Agent Venom but people still want to complain.

So here are more, Damian Wayne, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Wally West, McGuiness (I forgot his first name), Sam Alexander, Jimmy Hudson, Myles Morales, Aracely, and there are a few more.

My point isn't that this proves Reyes will be a success but that nothing is set on stone. Just because Alejandra "failed" (I'd argue that if I knew the details), does not mean Reyes will fail.

Aracely is a loved character even though she is a brand new character. Damian Wayne is highly loved although he was a brand new character and when he first came out everyone hated him. Same can be said about Jason Todd.

McGuiness, West, Alexander, Hudson, and Morales were all brand new characters at one point who are now loved.

V. If Reyes fails wouldn't that be a good thing? If he fails the title ends. Wouldn't you be happy with that?

VI. You want to argue why some decisions are bad, ok. But, you are aware that the decision is already made and you cannot change that decision, right?

VII. All I'm saying is... all that hate, anger, and grievances anyone has for any direction companies are taking should be put in a bowl. Once it is in that metaphorical bowl, Let it go.

VIII. I don't like Swamp-Thing, I don't like Batman, I don't like Superman, I don't like Jean Grey, I don't like other characters (too lazy to think of more), but I don't go around complaining.

I'm not like, "Swamp-Thing should get cancelled. Another Batman title? Another Superman title? Jean Grey should die and leave already. Cyborg deserves a title more than them. Luke Cage deserves a title more than them. Black Panther deserves..." You get my point?

I don't like Swamp-Thing so I don't buy the series and that's it. I hope for a Cyborg series but if Swamp-Thing's fanbase is bigger than Cyborg's fanbase, what can I do?

What is more profitable will prevail. Do I complain about X character getting her/his own solo series but not T'Challa or Cage? No. I know I can buy Mighty Avengers to get some Luke Cage in my life, I know I can buy New Avengers to get some T'Challa in my life.

Just let it go. If Reyes turns out to be a bad decision his series will end.

(+)

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Gambit474

@yung_ancient_one said:

@gambit474: My TB comment was aimed at Yung,not you but still you aren't proving anything to Blaze fans because it's still Johnny being pushed to the side.

A @ would have been nice.

I don't want to repeat myself too much, so... basically it is this.

I. My TB comment is... hey you want Blaze he's still here with the TB's.

II. If you don't like that he's with the TB's or that Reyes exist... you can complain but.. just don't buy it.

IV. I honestly think this whole, "Alejandra failed" argument is invalid. I made the comparison of Agent Venom but people still want to complain.

So here are more, Damian Wayne, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Wally West, McGuiness (I forgot his first name), Sam Alexander, Jimmy Hudson, Myles Morales, Aracely, and there are a few more.

My point isn't that this proves Reyes will be a success but that nothing is set on stone. Just because Alejandra "failed" (I'd argue that if I knew the details), does not mean Reyes will fail.

Aracely is a loved character even though she is a brand new character. Damian Wayne is highly loved although he was a brand new character and when he first came out everyone hated him. Same can be said about Jason Todd.

McGuiness, West, Alexander, Hudson, and Morales were all brand new characters at one point who are now loved.

V. If Reyes fails wouldn't that be a good thing? If he fails the title ends. Wouldn't you be happy with that?

VI. You want to argue why some decisions are bad, ok. But, you are aware that the decision is already made and you cannot change that decision, right?

VII. All I'm saying is... all that hate, anger, and grievances anyone has for any direction companies are taking should be put in a bowl. Once it is in that metaphorical bowl, Let it go.

VIII. I don't like Swamp-Thing, I don't like Batman, I don't like Superman, I don't like Jean Grey, I don't like other characters (too lazy to think of more), but I don't go around complaining.

I'm not like, "Swamp-Thing should get cancelled. Another Batman title? Another Superman title? Jean Grey should die and leave already. Cyborg deserves a title more than them. Luke Cage deserves a title more than them. Black Panther deserves..." You get my point?

I don't like Swamp-Thing so I don't buy the series and that's it. I hope for a Cyborg series but if Swamp-Thing's fanbase is bigger than Cyborg's fanbase, what can I do?

What is more profitable will prevail. Do I complain about X character getting her/his own solo series but not T'Challa or Cage? No. I know I can buy Mighty Avengers to get some Luke Cage in my life, I know I can buy New Avengers to get some T'Challa in my life.

Just let it go. If Reyes turns out to be a bad decision his series will end.

(+)

"Invalid"..Marvel tried to create a new rider..which is what they're doing here. Marvel tried to put someone else in the spotlight..which is what they're doing here. Yes that totally doesn't sound like Reyes at all. Lol you can't argue it even if you did know the details..Is that series still going? No. Is she still around? No. You could argue it all day long but the facts and sales showed that Alejandra was a failure. Sure I'd be happy if Reyes's title fails that way I'd be telling people like you or whoever else that was in support of him "Told you so" but I see that my comment is ignored when I say what happens when they try it again? And again? And again? Making a new rider is hurting GR more than it is helping him..As I've said many times bring back Danny or is that too much common sense for Marvel to handle?

Complaining? This is what annoys me about posters on here. Some try to act as if every single person that posts in a thread is suppose to be in full agreement of whatever the topic is and that there should be no disagreements with it whatsoever..World doesn't work that way boys and girls. No I'm not going to let it go so if you guys don't like it then simply don't reply. I don't force you to read what I say nor do I force you to respond. Not every character you've mentioned is as loved as you're making them sound..I'm not the only one who finds Aracely to be annoying(her character's nature of course)

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Invalid"..Marvel tried to create a new rider..which is what they're doing here. Marvel tried to put someone else in the spotlight..which is what they're doing here. Yes that totally doesn't sound like Reyes at all.

Lol you can't argue it even if you did know the details..Is that series still going? No. Is she still around? No. You could argue it all day long but the facts and sales showed that Alejandra was a failure.

Sure I'd be happy if Reyes's title fails that way I'd be telling people like you or whoever else that was in support of him "Told you so" but I see that my comment is ignored when I say what happens when they try it again? And again? And again? Making a new rider is hurting GR more than it is helping him.

As I've said many times bring back Danny or is that too much common sense for Marvel to handle?

Complaining? This is what annoys me about posters on here. Some try to act as if every single person that posts in a thread is suppose to be in full agreement of whatever the topic is and that there should be no disagreements with it whatsoever..World doesn't work that way boys and girls.

No I'm not going to let it go so if you guys don't like it then simply don't reply. I don't force you to read what I say nor do I force you to respond. Not every character you've mentioned is as loved as you're making them sound..I'm not the only one who finds Aracely to be annoying(her character's nature of course)

I. It is invalid for me because nothing is set on stone. I never said Reyes is nothing like Alejandra but he isn't suppose to be exactly like her. And, he hasn't even had a single issue out yet, no one knows how he will act.

I used examples of other new characters that became loved. I can even go as far with the Green Lanterns or Robins, they have many Lanterns/Robins and others could view them as failures but they are still around.

II. Where are the "facts," where are the numbers?

III."It isn't around" so because it isn't around it automatically makes it a failure? Scarlet Spider got cancelled is it a complete failure?

Barry Allen was gone for decades... is he a failure?

Hal Jordan was gone for a decade... is he a failure?

IV. "Making a new rider is hurting GR more than it is helping him."

So all the Green Lanterns, Yellow Lanterns, Red Lanterns, Black Lanterns, White Lanterns, and etc ruined the Green Lantern franchise... right? I mean Darkest Day wasn't a success right?

V. Maybe they can't come up with new stories for Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze.

VI. I'm saying get over it, and suck it up, to be helpful. You can complain all day if that's what makes you happy. I was trying to say that this isn't that serious and one should get worked up about it. But, whatever, complain, express, post, or do whatever you like.

The world would be boring if everyone thought the same way you do or the same way I do.

VII."Not every character you've mentioned is as loved as you're making them sound.."

That's my point entirely.

Not every character is exactly the same. Not every character will be a failure. Not every character will be loved. Not every character will be a success. Nothing is for certain except death.

Of course character have haters. Batman has haters and he's arguably thee most popular super hero today.

I'm trying to say don't get worked up. Let it go and give it time. Everything will work out in the end. But, if you don't want to, fine, do what you will.

Life is short, fragile, and insignificant to the universe as a whole so do whatever makes you happy. In the end all you have is you.

(+)

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

"Invalid"..Marvel tried to create a new rider..which is what they're doing here. Marvel tried to put someone else in the spotlight..which is what they're doing here. Yes that totally doesn't sound like Reyes at all.

Lol you can't argue it even if you did know the details..Is that series still going? No. Is she still around? No. You could argue it all day long but the facts and sales showed that Alejandra was a failure.

Sure I'd be happy if Reyes's title fails that way I'd be telling people like you or whoever else that was in support of him "Told you so" but I see that my comment is ignored when I say what happens when they try it again? And again? And again? Making a new rider is hurting GR more than it is helping him.

As I've said many times bring back Danny or is that too much common sense for Marvel to handle?

Complaining? This is what annoys me about posters on here. Some try to act as if every single person that posts in a thread is suppose to be in full agreement of whatever the topic is and that there should be no disagreements with it whatsoever..World doesn't work that way boys and girls.

No I'm not going to let it go so if you guys don't like it then simply don't reply. I don't force you to read what I say nor do I force you to respond. Not every character you've mentioned is as loved as you're making them sound..I'm not the only one who finds Aracely to be annoying(her character's nature of course)

I. It is invalid for me because nothing is set on stone. I never said Reyes is nothing like Alejandra but he isn't suppose to be exactly like her. And, he hasn't even had a single issue out yet, no one knows how he will act.

I used examples of other new characters that became loved. I can even go as far with the Green Lanterns or Robins, they have many Lanterns/Robins and others could view them as failures but they are still around.

II. Where are the "facts," where are the numbers?

III."It isn't around" so because it isn't around it automatically makes it a failure? Scarlet Spider got cancelled is it a complete failure?

Barry Allen was gone for decades... is he a failure?

Hal Jordan was gone for a decade... is he a failure?

IV. "Making a new rider is hurting GR more than it is helping him."

So all the Green Lanterns, Yellow Lanterns, Red Lanterns, Black Lanterns, White Lanterns, and etc ruined the Green Lantern franchise... right? I mean Darkest Day wasn't a success right?

V. Maybe they can't come up with new stories for Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze.

VI. I'm saying get over it, and suck it up, to be helpful. You can complain all day if that's what makes you happy. I was trying to say that this isn't that serious and one should get worked up about it. But, whatever, complain, express, post, or do whatever you like.

The world would be boring if everyone thought the same way you do or the same way I do.

VII."Not every character you've mentioned is as loved as you're making them sound.."

That's my point entirely.

Not every character is exactly the same. Not every character will be a failure. Not every character will be loved. Not every character will be a success. Nothing is for certain except death.

Of course character have haters. Batman has haters and he's arguably thee most popular super hero today.

I'm trying to say don't get worked up. Let it go and give it time. Everything will work out in the end. But, if you don't want to, fine, do what you will.

Life is short, fragile, and insignificant to the universe as a whole so do whatever makes you happy. In the end all you have is you.

(+)

I'm not going to bother reading all that because this is just the same arguments over and over..Anyone who thinks they can't come up with new stories for Ketch or Blaze make it sound like the writers are incompetent because if someone like Jason Aaron can come along and put him back on the map..It's really not that hard for anyone else to do it as well. I mean hell I pretty much gave away a great idea back with saying Ketch should be shown on his road to redemption after all the deeds he did for Zadkiel..But no that's too much common sense for Marvel. Blaze would be incredibly easy too to show what he's been up to ever since God set him "free". Where are the facts? You know you could easily go look it up for yourself why that series failed instead of repeatedly asking the same question..You don't know the details so what entitlement do you have to question me?

I don't need to hold your hand through it or tell you every single detail. She had an incredibly boring and clique backstory(rebellious teenager with daddy issues..yeah like we've never seen that before),the writing was terrible and had characters like Blaze being perceived by other characters as being annoying that he "talked too much" like Deadpool..Completely out of character for Blaze, and many other factors. Let's not forget the stupid things that happened in it like the giant hellcycle..Smh. Where's your answer though to her not being around? To that series being cancelled? If it wasn't a "fact" that the series was a failure then it would still be going right now would it not?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If one is "not going to bother reading all that...," then please don't reply to me.

-

-

There are some Users on this site who want to have a debate and/or discussion with me but choose to not read my post in its entirety. I prefer if they would just ignore it and move on, instead of replying.

-

User's usually restate or argue something I already stated or discussed in my post. It is annoying to read someone else's post who obviously didn't read mine. Just don't reply. Thank you.

(+)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@powerherc said:

Marvel thinks they're making their characters more appealing to newer fans but they're really just alienating their long-time loyal fans.

Pretty much.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was no proper push for Alejandra when she took over the Ghost Rider title. No marketing, no nothing. In fact, I remember a while back in the forums people being confused because suddenly Ghost Rider had boobs.

Just throwing this in, not really agreeing/disagreeing with anyone on here. If a new book isn't marketed properly (or a new "re-launch" of one), then chances of it being successful is pretty low. With all these teasers, this book might have a chance compared to when Alejandra took over. As for Thunderbolts, the entire team is made up of loners. Not saying I agree with that either, but if there is a team for someone to join who operates on the fringes of good/bad, this is the one. With individuals like Mercy, the interaction between her and Ketch could be very interesting.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: I agree. I actually like the new look and am more interested in this than I was with the original character.