so Marvel continues to sh*t on classic characters

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@powerherc said:

Marvel thinks they're making their characters more appealing to newer fans but they're really just alienating their long-time loyal fans.

Wait, don't a lot of people dislike Ghost Rider for being one of those refugees from the 90s?

I always think of Ghost Rider as being from the 70's so - no, not me.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: Lol at someone thinking I'm a fan of a Marvel character.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#154  Edited By batmannflash
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By MakkyD

How come people argue about Marvel's lack of legacy characters, then argue when they try to implement a legacy?

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Lol at people saying it looks good.

Lol at whiny fans

Oh yes GR fans being upset for good reason makes them whiny all because they don't share the same view as you

Grow up

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@innervenom123 said:

Lol at whiny fans

Oh yes GR fans being upset for good reason makes them whiny all because they don't share the same view as you

Grow up

Again, you are the user who sent people vague threats.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this in particular, or rebranding, revamping, rebooting, renaming or any update of a character "alienates longtime fans" or necessarily draws in new.

Storytelling is something you join along in for the ride, or you find a story you like better. If expectations lead to outrage, perhaps you should check them at the door, or in this case at the front cover.

=)

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Gambit474

@innervenom123 said:

@gambit474 said:

@innervenom123 said:

Lol at whiny fans

Grow up

I've never threatened anyone bud..But yet again you're showing just like last time that you obviously can't come up with anything coherent to say and try to make me look bad. @deranged_midget@sc@mercy_ just saying to a few mods that I've flagged that post since it does nothing except him trying to insult me and the same thing inner was saying in that other thread that got closed. Just because you like it Inner doesn't mean everyone else has to as well..God forbid people might have minds of their own

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By InnerVenom123

@gambit474 said:

@innervenom123 said:

Lol I've never threatened anyone bud..

No Caption Provided

Oh, right. My mistake. I was just imagining that vaguely threatening message.

Hey look! @sc@deranged_midget_@mercy_! I can tag mods in my post when I edit it too!

@noteworthington said:

I don't think this in particular, or rebranding, revamping, rebooting, renaming or any update of a character "alienates longtime fans" or necessarily draws in new.

Storytelling is something you join along in for the ride, or you find a story you like better. If expectations lead to outrage, perhaps you should check them at the door, or in this case at the front cover.

=)

Seriously. Johnny's not even being benched for this guy to get in on it! He'll be right over there in T-bolts.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By InnerVenom123
@innervenom123 said:

Lol at whiny fans

lol Ruler doesn't even read Marvel comics

@innervenom123: Lol at someone thinking I'm a fan of a Marvel character.

Oops. My bad.

@maccyd said:

How come people argue about Marvel's lack of legacy characters, then argue when they try to implement a legacy?

Fans generally hate change.

Except when they love it.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

@innervenom123 said:

Lol I've never threatened anyone bud..

No Caption Provided

Oh, right. My mistake. I was just imagining that vaguely threatening message.

Hey look! @sc@deranged_midget_@mercy_! I can tag mods in my post when I edit it too!

@noteworthington said:

=)

Seriously. Johnny's not even being benched for this guy to get in on it! He'll be right over there in T-bolts.

ROFL! I asked you if you had a problem with me and all of a sudden I'm threatening you lawl..Do tell me where I said I was going to find you and hurt you. Do tell me where I said I would hunt you down or anything actually threatening instead of you whining all because I said that. What's sad is you're still bringing that up months later which in turn proves my comment right that you need to grow up. Oh yes I did tag the mods..Why wouldn't I? You're the one doing,as I just said,what they pretty much closed that other thread over.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By InnerVenom123

ROFL! I asked you if you had a problem with me and all of a sudden I'm threatening you lawl..

I said vaguely threatening. This was also at the time when you were outright trolling the forums. I've only brought it up twice because there's actually no point in arguing with you. Anyway.

New GR looks great.

Stop derailing the thread.

@herokiller12344 said:
@powerherc said:

Marvel thinks they're making their characters more appealing to newer fans but they're really just alienating their long-time loyal fans.

Wait, don't a lot of people dislike Ghost Rider for being one of those refugees from the 90s?

How does it alienate you though? Johnny's still going to be in Thunderbolts.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Gambit474

@innervenom123 said:

@gambit474 said:

ROFL! I asked you if you had a problem with me and all of a sudden I'm threatening you lawl..

I said vaguely threatening. This was also at the time when you were outright trolling the forums. I've only brought it up twice because there's actually no point in arguing with you. Anyway.

New GR looks great.

Stop derailing the thread.

@powerherc said:

@herokiller12344 said:
@powerherc said:

How does it alienate you though? Johnny's still going to be in Thunderbolts.

You're the one who derailed it,not I because I'm not the one bringing up things that were already dealt with in the past. If arguing with me is pointless then you wouldn't have responded in the first place..You're simply trying to slander me or make me have a bad reputation which is what's going to get you into trouble. I've done nothing wrong bud..God forbid I might be in support of people thinking for themselves because last time I checked not everyone is suppose to think the same way you do,unless of course you're going to tell me where the OP said "And everyone make sure you agree with whatever Innervenom says because what he thinks of the new ghost rider is undeniable fact!" This new GR will fail just like the last one did

To those bringing up Blaze being in the TB not everyone wants to read TB nor should they have to be forced to if it's the only way they'll see certain characters.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By InnerVenom123

@gambit474: Flagged for derailing thread more.

(Then maybe people shouldn't complain when Blaze doesn't get his own series.)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#167 SC  Moderator

@innervenom123: @gambit474:

Hey guys, can we stick to talking about the characters and comics and not each other thanks.

I'll just delete any comments that are posted past this point if they aren't on topic. gambit474, please refrain from telling posters to grow up, innervenom was imitating a posters sentiment merely reversing it, so whilst it may seem like he was making generalized fun of ghost rider fans unhappy with the change he really wasn't so hence telling him to grow up isn't really warranted aside from being too personalized. Cheers both of you.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'm out of touch, but all this drama over Ghost Rider and his re-design?

Has anyone really cared about Ghost Rider since 1994? Because the idea of a biker with a flaming skull head kind of just reminds me of a generic POG design.

...Just sayin'

Also, Tradd Moore's art reminds me a lot of Ottley. And it is awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Gambit474

Has anyone really cared about Ghost Rider since 1994? Because the idea of a biker with a flaming skull head kind of just reminds me of a generic POG design.

...Just sayin'

Ghost Rider was starting to gain some form of relevance when Jason Aaron was writing him but then after he left GR sank back into obscurity. Marvel had already tried making a new Ghost Rider not too long ago(last year I believe)when they brought in Alejandra

No Caption Provided

It didn't last past 12 issues. Here they are doing it again which will probably wind up getting the same result...Introducing a new rider isn't helping GR's series

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Just sayin'

Well the problem is that this is not a redesign but a new character. Instead of Marvel trying to make yet another GR the should be focusing on making the one that have worked the most (JB) to work again. Putting out a new GR each year is not gonna help the franchise.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Don't let them hear that. I'm not tearing your skull off and switching it with "Ghost Driver's" because I like you. But that won't stop them. Watch yourself around these people........

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#174 god_spawn  Moderator

Still should've gone with a Prof X Ghost Rider.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'll be reading this, looks awesome.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Still should've gone with a Prof X Ghost Rider.

No Caption Provided

not enough flames on the wheels

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't the actually develop the real Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze.... instead of just introducing another iteration...

i just hate that marvel is sh*tting on the legacy of Johnny Blaze.... and you guys say "oh thunderbolts"

no the rider has always been solo...thats how he roles... this is just stupid

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ghost Rider was starting to gain some form of relevance when Jason Aaron was writing him but then after he left GR sank back into obscurity. Marvel had already tried making a new Ghost Rider not too long ago(last year I believe)when they brought in Alejandra

No Caption Provided

It didn't last past 12 issues. Here they are doing it again which will probably wind up getting the same result...Introducing a new rider isn't helping GR's series

@tupiaz said:

Well the problem is that this is not a redesign but a new character. Instead of Marvel trying to make yet another GR the should be focusing on making the one that have worked the most (JB) to work again. Putting out a new GR each year is not gonna help the franchise.

I. What if they can't come up with any good JB stories? Should Marvel just force their writers to write about a character they have no ideas or interest in writing?

II. I never liked Johnny Blaze, I prefer Danny Ketch.

III. Introducing a new GR isn't helping the GR series? Again, so should they force their writers to make a series about a character they have no interest in?

IV. There was NerdRage when Flash Thompson was announced to be the new Venom. Now he has become more popular than Brock to a certain group in the community.

V. I am actually excited for this new character. I like new characters. I never liked Johnny Blaze and I am a sucker for the idea that Robbie Reyes will be a local in East LA.

VI. Like a broken record I repeat. However, I have a new question.

What's better?

Take a chance with a new character or do nothing?

(+)

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one:

I. Oblivious you shouldn't make stories if there aren't good. Never said they should.

II. Ahem okay?

III. What make you think that the writers is interested in the new character?

IV. Ahem okay? Side note:The symbiote has jump around before so nothing new there. Also I don't care for the Spider-man universe post OMD so...

V. So you like new characters because they are new? Why is new a positive adjective? It should be a neutral adjective. I would prefer if the writers manage to reshape old characters so the natural and logical fit in their new direction. For instance take a 1 or 2 dimensional character and lift them into becoming deeper characters.

VI. Sometimes it is do nothing. Just to act for the sake of act is not a good reason to act. I haven't seen any new or good idea about this character and that is why this seems to be change for the sake of change. Making the new character for the sake of making a new is not useful. If there is a need for new character and it bring something new to the table then fair.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#181  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg: they forgot Malibu ghost rider with Kung fu grip and the dream mansion

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

I. What if they can't come up with any good JB stories? Should Marvel just force their writers to write about a character they have no ideas or interest in writing?

III. Introducing a new GR isn't helping the GR series? Again, so should they force their writers to make a series about a character they have no interest in?

IV. There was NerdRage when Flash Thompson was announced to be the new Venom. Now he has become more popular than Brock to a certain group in the community.

V. I am actually excited for this new character. I like new characters. I never liked Johnny Blaze and I am a sucker for the idea that Robbie Reyes will be a local in East LA.

What's better?

(+)

A.)Jason Aaron gave Blaze a good story..It's not that hard to do.

B.)Ketch was never as great as Blaze for many reasons..Blaze's GR was always more powerful,Blaze's "it sucks to be me"lifestyle fitted a cursed character like Ghost Rider a lot more than Ketch's,and one of the biggest was Ketch wound up being an idiot in that last run. It was his fault Zadkiel took over Heaven in the first place

C.)It's like people purposely ignore the fact that THEY ALREADY INTRODUCED A NEW RIDER BEFORE and it failed. If it's not broke then don't fix it..Did Ghost Rider come back into relevance by having a new rider introduced? No they got GR back in the game by working Danny and Johnny

D.)I'm so tired of people bringing up this whole "people didn't like so and so playing this guy but then they liked him afterwards"argument. Just because people don't like someone doesn't automatically mean they're going to be liked or successful later on..Flash is a bad example that people love to keep bringing up because Flash was already an established character in the Spider-man world. We knew Flash and were already familiar with his character..Whereas Alejandra,and Robbie will be the same as well,was a complete unkown and that when we got to see into her past she wound up not being very interesting at all. The irony is that people just like you where saying these exact same thing about Alejandra when they debuted her and as I've said many times..Look how that turned out

E.)So they criticize if people complain about Robbie(which people should complain)yet find it alright to complain that they don't like Blaze..Bud you do know that when Blaze was around so was Ketch right? Hell they were even traveling together until they separated in Shadowland

F.)This is by far the easiest question..What's better? Oh I don't know..Instead of introducing a new rider how about bringing back Ketch as I've said before? We've literally not seen or heard anything about Danny Ketch except for his last appearance in that Deadpool team-up(or maybe it was that FF appearance too..)

For someone that supposedly so many people liked from the 90's it's as if they've dropped him entirely and he's just vanished. Shoot I would've rather seen their new Vengeance have his own series long before a new rider..Point being there's so much they could be doing with what they've already got instead of bringing in something new that's either going to be a hit or miss(most likely)

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont like it

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: I want that as a T-shirt.

Also, you people need to relax. If Marvel really wanted to sh*t on Ghost Rider, he'd be driving a Prius.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I wish they pushed for Alejandra more, I think this new Ghost Rider looks interesting and worth looking into.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one said:
@tupiaz said:

What's better?

(+)

A.)Jason Aaron gave Blaze a good story..It's not that hard to do.

B.)Ketch was never as great as Blaze for many reasons..Blaze's GR was always more powerful,Blaze's "it sucks to be me"lifestyle fitted a cursed character like Ghost Rider a lot more than Ketch's,and one of the biggest was Ketch wound up being an idiot in that last run. It was his fault Zadkiel took over Heaven in the first place

C.)It's like people purposely ignore the fact that THEY ALREADY INTRODUCED A NEW RIDER BEFORE and it failed. If it's not broke then don't fix it..Did Ghost Rider come back into relevance by having a new rider introduced? No they got GR back in the game by working Danny and Johnny

D.)I'm so tired of people bringing up this whole "people didn't like so and so playing this guy but then they liked him afterwards"argument. Just because people don't like someone doesn't automatically mean they're going to be liked or successful later on..Flash is a bad example that people love to keep bringing up because Flash was already an established character in the Spider-man world. We knew Flash and were already familiar with his character..Whereas Alejandra,and Robbie will be the same as well,was a complete unkown and that when we got to see into her past she wound up not being very interesting at all. The irony is that people just like you where saying these exact same thing about Alejandra when they debuted her and as I've said many times..Look how that turned out

E.)So they criticize if people complain about Robbie(which people should complain)yet find it alright to complain that they don't like Blaze..Bud you do know that when Blaze was around so was Ketch right? Hell they were even traveling together until they separated in Shadowland

F.)This is by far the easiest question..What's better? Oh I don't know..Instead of introducing a new rider how about bringing back Ketch as I've said before? We've literally not seen or heard anything about Danny Ketch except for his last appearance in that Deadpool team-up(or maybe it was that FF appearance too..)

For someone that supposedly so many people liked from the 90's it's as if they've dropped him entirely and he's just vanished. Shoot I would've rather seen their new Vengeance have his own series long before a new rider..Point being there's so much they could be doing with what they've already got instead of bringing in something new that's either going to be a hit or miss(most likely)

I. I'm not saying it's hard to do. I'm saying no one wants to make new stories for Blaze.

II. Ok. I still don't like Blaze. Thanks for sharing though and I'm not being sarcastic about thanking you. I honestly like it when users share their opinions even if I disagree with them.

III. You're ignoring my question. I am not saying that GR is broken. I am saying they can't/won't come up with new stories for Blaze/Ketch and rather do something with the GR legacy than nothing.

IV. Thompson is a good example because Mac Gargan was also a already established character and people still never grew to like him as Venom. Being completely new or previously established does not automatically define a characters longevity.

V. When did I say one should not complain about Reyes? I just stated not everyone Hates Reyes and some people like me are actually interested.

VI. You ignored the question, yet again. Look, which of the 2 is a better option. I know a 3rd opinion is the BEST but I'm asking which is the "lesser of two evils." If you're not going to participate in the two options then please just don't reply.

@tupiaz said:

@yung_ancient_one:

I. Oblivious you shouldn't make stories if there aren't good. Never said they should.

II. Ahem okay?

III. What make you think that the writers is interested in the new character?

IV. Ahem okay? Side note:The symbiote has jump around before so nothing new there. Also I don't care for the Spider-man universe post OMD so...

V. So you like new characters because they are new? Why is new a positive adjective? It should be a neutral adjective. I would prefer if the writers manage to reshape old characters so the natural and logical fit in their new direction. For instance take a 1 or 2 dimensional character and lift them into becoming deeper characters.

VI. Sometimes it is do nothing. Just to act for the sake of act is not a good reason to act. I haven't seen any new or good idea about this character and that is why this seems to be change for the sake of change. Making the new character for the sake of making a new is not useful. If there is a need for new character and it bring something new to the table then fair.

I. I am glad we can agree on that. Just to verify, I never said you said that either.

II. Just sharing.

III. I am interested in this new character so I read articles on the creative team talking about it and they say they are excited for Reyes. I'd find the link but I'm busy at the moment to search. Hopefully next week I'll have the time to search for it. It's on CBR if you care to search for me XP.

IV. Thompson is a good example of how nothing is set on stone. No one will automatically be forever hated or forever loved once they are announced. I'm just trying to say, give Reyes some time. I'm not saying give him a chance just give him time to see if he does or does not become popular or loved in the comicbook community.

V. New characters are a neutral adjective but it isn't a negative adjective like others make them seem to be. Why isn't Robbie Reyes a neutral adjective? Why has so many users made his inception a negative for the GR legacy. I'm not saying they should always make new characters and yes they should add more on characters. However, I honestly think writers from Marvel don't really care to write about Blaze or Ketch for whatever reason and instead of doing nothing with the GR mythos, they want to try something new.

VI. I'm glad you made a choice. I can appreciate and respect your distaste for Reyes since you'd prefer for Marvel to do nothing with GR if they simply can't come up with anything good.

However,

"If there is a need for new character and it bring something new to the table then fair."

There is a need for a new characters. The truth is most comicbook heroes/vigilantes are Caucasian. There is a need for more diversity. Reyes does bring something new to the table and that is ethnicity for one.

I'm not saying a character should be defined by their race but it would be nice to see more diversity in comics.

Reyes also brings the new idea of a Ghost Rider driving cars instead of bikes. Reyes enjoys listening to music of electronica and he's from East LA.

I'm a sucker for the idea that a character will be from my neck of the woods. I find this exciting, no matter how wrong I may be to be excited for a novelty of a hometown hero being from my neck of the woods.

If there is a need for new character and it bring something new to the table then fair

VII.

I just think people are overreacting and aren't willing to give it time. If Reyes fails, his series will get cancelled; problem solved. If Reyes is a success then it is a success and Blaze will still live on the previous books.

I'd type more but I can't at the moment.

(+)

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ccraft

@outlawrenegade said:

You do realize you can lowride a car right?

Looks cool. Can't wait.

No Caption Provided

Reminds me of Drive, Faster, and Drive Angry.

I personally think that this design is awesome. Just me,though. But shame on Marvel for "sh*tting on classic characters". How dare they introduce a new character!

This is worse than them s*itting on Ms Marvel's legacy with a new Ms. Marvel!!!

/sarcasm

I love the car, but I hate to say this could be cool, even though I prefer the motorcycle Ghost Rider. GR was one of the few characters that rode on a motorcycle, and wore his leather jacket with spikes, I'm going to miss that. But I still think we should give it a chance at least, maybe they'll do something cool with this.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

III. I am interested in this new character so I read articles on the creative team talking about it and they say they are excited for Reyes. I'd find the link but I'm busy at the moment to search. Hopefully next week I'll have the time to search for it. It's on CBR if you care to search for me XP.

IV. Thompson is a good example of how nothing is set on stone. No one will automatically be forever hated or forever loved once they are announced. I'm just trying to say, give Reyes some time. I'm not saying give him a chance just give him time to see if he does or does not become popular or loved in the comicbook community.

V. New characters are a neutral adjective but it isn't a negative adjective like others make them seem to be. Why isn't Robbie Reyes a neutral adjective? Why has so many users made his inception a negative for the GR legacy. I'm not saying they should always make new characters and yes they should add more on characters. However, I honestly think writers from Marvel don't really care to write about Blaze or Ketch for whatever reason and instead of doing nothing with the GR mythos, they want to try something new.

VI. I'm glad you made a choice. I can appreciate and respect your distaste for Reyes since you'd prefer for Marvel to do nothing with GR if they simply can't come up with anything good.

However,

"If there is a need for new character and it bring something new to the table then fair."

There is a need for a new characters. The truth is most comicbook heroes/vigilantes are Caucasian. There is a need for more diversity. Reyes does bring something new to the table and that is ethnicity for one.

I'm not saying a character should be defined by their race but it would be nice to see more diversity in comics.

Reyes also brings the new idea of a Ghost Rider driving cars instead of bikes. Reyes enjoys listening to music of electronica and he's from East LA.

I'm a sucker for the idea that a character will be from my neck of the woods. I find this exciting, no matter how wrong I may be to be excited for a novelty of a hometown hero being from my neck of the woods.

If there is a need for new character and it bring something new to the table then fair

VII.

I just think people are overreacting and aren't willing to give it time. If Reyes fails, his series will get cancelled; problem solved. If Reyes is a success then it is a success and Blaze will still live on the previous books.

I'd type more but I can't at the moment.

(+)

III. Aren't we moving away from the original point about forcing writers to write or not? Which i don't think they should and neither should writer do it. rifer should be better to simply say no if they don't wanna do a certain book. Just like

IV. As others had said Thompson was an established character and not a new fresh character something new just happen to him which is different.

V. No a new character is not necessary a neutral product. It has it values it start with and if it is based on earlier mythos that values as well. The problem with having new characters in known mythos is that it can devaluating the mythos by having a lot of the same thing. That was why you in the 70's went a away from Batwoman, girl, dog and went for more solo stories. Because you wanted to getting back at focusing on batman alone.

VI. Well again new is not necessarily good. Driving a truck (it can be something deeper if they go of a trucker culture however him listen to electronic music seams like they aren't) and being in LA is rather superficial his race is also can get some depth that depends how Marvel approach it.

VII. See point V.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wank is real

This design is horrendous.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ccraft said:

@cameron83 said:

@outlawrenegade said:

Looks cool. Can't wait.

No Caption Provided

I personally think that this design is awesome. Just me,though. But shame on Marvel for "sh*tting on classic characters". How dare they introduce a new character!

/sarcasm

I love the car, but I hate to say this could be cool, even though I prefer the motorcycle Ghost Rider. GR was one of the few characters that rode on a motorcycle, and wore his leather jacket with spikes, I'm going to miss that. But I still think we should give it a chance at least, maybe they'll do something cool with this.

But doesn't he still exist?

I mean,in a recent preview/issue of Thunderbolts we see him as Ghost Rider.....

I mean,what's wrong with a new character? It's like complaining that a guy that takes the title of Batman isn't a billionaire like Bruce is.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@cameron83 said:

@outlawrenegade said:

Looks cool. Can't wait.

No Caption Provided

/sarcasm

But doesn't he still exist?

I mean,in a recent preview/issue of Thunderbolts we see him as Ghost Rider.....

I mean,what's wrong with a new character? It's like complaining that a guy that takes the title of Batman isn't a billionaire like Bruce is.

You know I've answered this for people on more then one occasion and I'll do it again..The problem is they already tried this before with the previous series and it failed horribly. It wasn't the fact completely that it wasn't Blaze but that the writing was horrible,Alejandra was an incredibly boring character and had a very clique past,and when compared to the previous run by Aaron it just lacked in so many ways. People try to make Blaze being in the TB sound as if it's a good thing in which some ways it is..However TB is a team book. There is no central focus,most of the time unless it's x-men/avengers,on certain characters and it's pretty much like saying "Well blaze is in TB..so it'll be the only place you can see him even if you like or don't like the TB"compared to him having his own series. Like I just mentioned, what if people don't like the Thunderbolts series? I don't think it's fair to them to have to divulge in a book that doesn't interest them if it's the only way they'll see their character

To those like yung and whoever else bringing up Reyes's ethnic origin..So it mattered little to nothing that Alejandra was latina yet make Robbie pretty much the same race and all of a sudden it's interesting? My issue is people don't seem to comprehend the problem that this formula was already tried before and failed yet here they are trying to do it again. If it fails again then what? Try it yet again? And again? And again? Making a new rider isn't the answer

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks.... kind of cool. The picture in the OP makes it look like an anime. By the way is Johny Blaze ghost rider yet? Or is it still the girl?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

III. Aren't we moving away from the original point about forcing writers to write or not? Which i don't think they should and neither should writer do it. rifer should be better to simply say no if they don't wanna do a certain book. Just like

IV. As others had said Thompson was an established character and not a new fresh character something new just happen to him which is different.

V. No a new character is not necessary a neutral product. It has it values it start with and if it is based on earlier mythos that values as well. The problem with having new characters in known mythos is that it can devaluating the mythos by having a lot of the same thing. That was why you in the 70's went a away from Batwoman, girl, dog and went for more solo stories. Because you wanted to getting back at focusing on batman alone.

VI. Well again new is not necessarily good. Driving a truck (it can be something deeper if they go of a trucker culture however him listen to electronic music seams like they aren't) and being in LA is rather superficial his race is also can get some depth that depends how Marvel approach it.

VII. See point V.

I. aka III.

I was answering your question, "What make you think that the writers is interested in the new character?" so... yeah. I got away from the subject because I was answering your question.

II. aka IV.

My point is "Thompson is a good example of how nothing is set on stone. No one will automatically be forever hated or forever loved once they are announced." because although he was already an established character people still HATED that he was Venom. Nothing is set in stone of if (X) character is new no one will like her/him, if (Y) character is previously established she/he will be loved.

Mainly it is just because Alexandria "failed" (I am not aware of the details) does not mean Reyes will definitely fail.

III. aka V.

You asked, "So you like new characters because they are new?Why is new, a positive adjective? It should be a neutral adjective."

Now you're saying, "No a new character is not necessary a neutral product."

so which is it?

IV. aka VI.

They can go with the route of exploring the EDM culture. Now being from LA plus his race may be superficial but if they explored the "trucker culture" would be... good? They can explore the LA culture, and explore his heritage which again may be superficial but as I previously stated,

As superficial as it is I loved that Agent Venom and Scar Spider did not live in NY (at the end for AV). I live in East LA. I am hispanic. I find this "superficial" idea to be exciting. I am happy about this Reyes character. All I want is for fans to give it time.

I don't even want anyone to give him a chance, but give him time. If he's a success then great for the fans, if he ends up a failure, nothing will happen. I fail to see GR legacy being destroyed because someone else took on the mantle while Blaze was teaming up with the T-bolts.

Also I fail to see Reyes "devaluating the mythos by having a lot of the same thing" like "Batwoman, girl, dog" did for Batman when

a) batman is still the most arguably loved and popular super hero, so his bathound did not ruin batman's mythos.

b) Reyes doesn't have most of the same thing. At least, nobody knows what he has, besides, he'll drive cars, he's hispanic, he's from East LA, he'll listen to EDM, and apart from all of that, this is all speculation.

c) there are thousands of green lanterns and that's just one color. We can even go further with Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, White, Black, and some of them have their own series. Why can't there be 2 Ghost Riders?

(+)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I saw this on the thread bored I thought knew exactly what I was going to say, "Fanboys continue to bitch about Marvel ruining classic characters" But then I saw how awful this news is, I feel bad for anyone who was looking forward to this new series.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@yung_ancient_one: I love how you keep bringing up the whole "lives an la" thing as if it's unique to this specific Ghost Rider.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Johnny is the rider again.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: I love how you keep bringing up the whole "lives an la" thing as if it's unique to this specific Ghost Rider.

You mean lives in EAST LA. I am not familiar with another character who lives in EAST LA. I know quite a few that live in LA but not EAST LA.

(+)