So can Quicksilver run that fast?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From watching DOFP can Quicksilver really run that fast?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

Yes.. He has travelled around light speed i think.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DBVSE7

Let the Wank begin..

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.. He has travelled around light speed i think.

In a 616 comic?

Normally he's a Mach something speed runner, so my answer is no until I see a scan of anything different to be honest.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe his top speed has been somewhere over Mach 10, but that might have been Ultimate Quicksilver.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

I believe his top speed has been somewhere over Mach 10, but that might have been Ultimate Quicksilver.

If it is Ultimate Quicksilver thats confusing than...because Marvel is doing a Ultimate Quicksilver

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: Exactly I'm not sure if this is a downplay or not but I'm pretty sure he travels at the speed of sound..

He does? I thought that was when he initially appeared,but over recent years it drastically increased (traveling around half the world in 92 seconds,easily dodging/sidestepping lightning bolts,etc). I think he's massively hypersonic now or something like that,but he's still not lightspeed.....at least,I think so

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

If it is Ultimate Quicksilver thats confusing than...because Marvel is doing a Ultimate Quicksilver

Either way, they are in the Mach range, not so far apart that cinematically it would make a difference. No version of Quicksilver is as fast as the DOFP version.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@twix_right_side: Not much aware of him do you probably know more.

I remember a scan of him running faster than radio waves,but the it was said that that was an editor mistake or something..especially since I hear that radio waves are lightspeed.

Other than that,I'm useless:p

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure he can't go lightspeed.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By mightyrearranger

I know his early appearances made a point to mention that though he was capable of surpassing sound and reaching limitless potential, his body would not withstand the rigors of it. Until a writer takes the time to retcon that, which I don't think has happened, that's where I stand on him.

And honestly, I like him a lot more as a character for that personal limitation.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

Quicksilver is not a light speeder. Believe he's slower than Northstar, who I am pretty sure tops out at 99% the speed of light.

Runnerup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear to Zeus, it's like a superhero is only relevant if his or her power reaches a superlative. It's like Superman. The guy shouldn't be able to reach or break light speed because he's powered by the sun, and it takes more energy than the sun can produce in the entirety of its life to accelerate him to luminal or superluminal speed. What? Is he not still Superman in your eyes without being able to do that? Are we talking about Superman? Nope. We're discussing Quicksilver. I know. Can Quicksilver move at light speed? No, he can't. Quickie is only built to run fast. (Lungs designed for extraction of air at high speed, better lubricated joints and eyeballs, higher percentage of food converted to energy, and so on) He doesn't have a superpower for speed like Northstar. That's comic book Quickster, anyway. Movie Pietro is running around as if he's magnetically slingshotting himself from point A to point B. I suppose the film has done its job. It got ya interested in the character. Two thumbs. Don't take me seriously.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@mightyrearranger: Puts limits on him which was nice but it would be cool if he fought better with his speed like created miniature tornadoes or something out of air or something.

I meant more from a storytelling perspective. Sure, he'd be cooler in the context of action sequences. But I always liked placing limitations on him because it's a perfect foil to his arrogant personality. Great to see him humbled every once in a while.

@runnerup said:

I swear to Zeus, it's like a superhero is only relevant if his or her power reaches a superlative. It's like Superman. The guy shouldn't be able to reach or break light speed because he's powered by the sun, and it takes more energy than the sun can produce in the entirety of its life to accelerate him to luminal or superluminal speed. What? Is he not still Superman in your eyes without being able to do that? Are we talking about Superman? Nope. We're discussing Quicksilver. I know. Can Quicksilver move at light speed? No, he can't. Quickie is only built to run fast. (Lungs designed for extraction of air at high speed, better lubricated joints and eyeballs, higher percentage of food converted to energy, and so on) He doesn't have a superpower for speed like Northstar. That's comic book Quickster, anyway. Movie Pietro is running around as if he's magnetically slingshotting himself from point A to point B. I suppose the film has done its job. It got ya interested in the character. Two thumbs. Don't take me seriously.

^Exactly, dude.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver moving faster than Radio Waves, which move at lightspeed
Quicksilver moving faster than Radio Waves, which move at lightspeed

I think this might be one of the few times he's actually confirmed to go over lightspeed.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm.

Avatar image for dbz_marvel_dc_fanboy
DBZ_MARVEL_DC_fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can create after images so he can go very fast

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf:

Somebody above mentioned that that scan is supposedly an editorial mistake as the writer was unaware that radio waves traveled that fast or something like that.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the writer wants him to he will.

yaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: pretty sure he can go light speed. I've seen those same scans people are posting now. QS's the ultimate speedster.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My name is Pietro Maximoff. I'm the fastest man ali-

"gets punched by Barry Allen"

............crap.