Should we really have high expectations for Spider-Man: Homecoming?

• 83 results
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheAmazingSpidey
No Caption Provided

So, it's that time of the year to be get excited about all the wonderful comic book movies coming out this year and everything cinema has in store for us in 2017. 'Cause that worked out in 2016, right?

No Caption Provided

I know you're all excited too =) We're getting Hugh Jackman's supposed last movie as the character and it looks awesome, we've got the sequel to Guardians of the freaking Galaxy and that looks great too. We got the first "proper" female superhero film in Wonder Woman and the Justice League movie and we're skeptical, but they still look awesome. Let's see, we got Thor: Ragnarok, no trailer for that yet but everything about that movie SOUNDS great already. Lemme see, am I forgetting something?

Oh yeah, Spider-Man: Homecoming.

So, I'm keen for every superhero movie of the year and hopefully they'll all be great. One in particular I'm hopeful for but also skeptical is Spider-Man: Homecoming. Let's get this straight: Tom Holland, in my opinion, did a fantastic job as Spider-Man. Still not entirely sold on his Peter Parker: I think he's overacting a bit, but his Spider-Man was the best live action Spider-Man so far. That's enough to get my excited for Homecoming, in addition to, of course, Robert Downey Jr.

But I'm not... expecting much >_> Similair to being excited for Justice League and Wonder Woman, I am excited but I'm somewhat skeptical. This is the 6th solo Spider-Man since 2002. We've been thru the motions multiple times before. We've seen Uncle Ben get shot twice. We've been through the MJ's and the Gwen's multiple times. We've been through the high schools, and the graduations etc.

But I don't want to make this a "I'm sick of Spider-Man" post. I'm not. Spider-Man's cool. He's a chill fella. I wasn't enthused to hear that this Spider-Man would be in High school once again, but after seeing Civil War, I was like "let's give it a chance." Until the trailer rolled in and, ergh... well...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doesn't the first gif remind you of a scene in TASM2 when Gwen calls up Peter, asking him why he's running late, only for him to grovel for an excuse? Hell, reminds me of the theme of the alter ego of Spider-Man straining his relationship with his crush which was already done in SM2.

I'm tired of Peter's loved ones being threatened/being in jeopardy. Green Goblin kidnapped MJ in the first Spider-Man, Venom did it in SM3, and in every other Spider-Man movie, Peter's defenceless loved ones have been in danger. I hope they don't go through with Birdman kidnapping the love interest or Aunt May.

Similarly, did anyone think this trailer spoiled too much? Did we really need to see THIS:

No Caption Provided

Is anyone really going to say "I'm going to buy a ticket to this movie because Peter's friend finds out that Peter Parker = Spider-Man. There's the money shot, Baby!" No, you twat who edited the trailer. You didn't need to spoil that shit. I'm surprised people complained about Alien: Covenant and Dawn of Justice spoiling shit but I've heard no one complain about this.

"I wonder if Peter is going to get to know the girl he was drooling about in the trailer. It'll be interesting to see that play out. After all, I'm a socially inept guy and I wonder if Peter's going to muster up the courage to talk to her."

The trailer guy they responded by showing a shot of the girl on the phone with Peter, asking him where he is.

So, not only did you spoil that Peter eventually talks to the girl... you spoiled that he's on a phone call basis with her.

Why?

I'll end the blog here. I hate being negative and I'm not writing off Homecoming as "Marvel's first flop" or anything. After all, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy would be just that, yet it ended up being my favourite superhero film. This is just my take on what we've seen so far. But Doctor Strange, at least for me, was the first time I could feel the Marvel formula running dry (it was rescued by some of the best action sequences I've ever witnessed, solid characterisation and the MVP, the cloak!). Homecoming looks like the most anticipated superhero movie of 2004, it wouldn't surprise me if they included a "superhero doesn't want his powers 'cause having powers sucks" cliche.

Thank you for reading. Share your opinions below.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

not to mention Peter's annoyingly stereotypical buddy is supposed to be Ned Leeds

(also, is there some ghost or something that i don't know about that kills you if you don't bash BvS every 6 minutes?)

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Lmao, what the hell with the last gif?

Anyway I don't like where this movie is going at all, too much avengers influence and changing all Peter childhood friends(that are extremely relevant to his story in the comics)

But MCU did pretty well in most of their movies so far so there is a good chance they will do a good job with this one.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@bluehope said:

Lmao, what the hell with the last gif?

Anyway I don't like where this movie is going at all, too much avengers influence and changing all Peter childhood friends(that are extremely relevant to his story in the comics)

But MCU did pretty well in most of their movies so far so there is a good chance they will do a good job with this one.

It's as if they're trying to be refreshing by retelling the same story using interchangeable characters, as opposed to using the same characters in a reinvigorating way.

Ditto. It's why I'm still excited for the movie. But we have to bear in mind that Marvel can make movies that are nothing more than forgettable fun ei. AoU, Thor 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course we should have fairly high expectations (definitely not super high, but surely closer to mid region). I'm not going to pay for it, but that's for reasons completely unrelated to the movie.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

Really high? I don't think so. In fact, if the first two Raimi movies taught us anything, it's that our expectations and Marvels ambitions should be pretty interesting, because this is the first time Marvel Studios is going to be making a movie that's almost guaranteed not going to be the best possible version we'll see.

Don't get me wrong, it could be great. I hope it is, and I'm hugely anticipating it. Spidey's in a wonderful place with the MCU both from a character standpoint and a behind the scenes perspective. A lot of the appeal to me is going to be that it has a real opportunity to explore the youth of Peter Parker, which is the key relatable quality that's made him connect as one of the all-time most popular superheroes to begin with. The gold Marvel Studios has with the character is in being able to explore avenues that haven't already been taken, and hopefully they're aware of that.

For me and a good deal of others, the Spider-Man movies died in 2007 and Homecoming is the first time in a decade that we have something to genuinely look forward to and feel fairly good and secure about.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

changing all Peter childhood friends(that are extremely relevant to his story in the comics)

Um who did they change?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really high? I don't think so. In fact, if the first two Raimi movies taught us anything, it's that our expectations and Marvels ambitions should be pretty interesting, because this is the first time Marvel Studios is going to be making a movie that's almost guaranteed not going to be the best possible version we'll see.

Don't get me wrong, it could be great. I hope it is, and I'm hugely anticipating it. Spidey's in a wonderful place with the MCU both from a character standpoint and a behind the scenes perspective. A lot of the appeal to me is going to be that it has a real opportunity to explore the youth of Peter Parker, which is the key relatable quality that's made him connect as one of the all-time most popular superheroes to begin with. The gold Marvel Studios has with the character is in being able to explore avenues that haven't already been taken, and hopefully they're aware of that.

For me and a good deal of others, the Spider-Man movies died in 2007 and Homecoming is the first time in a decade that we have something to genuinely look forward to and feel fairly good and secure about.

Thanks for your response. Your responses always tend to be nuanced and level headed.

"this is the first time Marvel Studios is going to be making a movie that's almost guaranteed not going to be the best possible version we'll see." < That's a good way of putting it. I still don't think we've gotten a GREAT Spider-Man film, but SM2 was pretty close. I'll admit, it must be a challenge for Marvel to create a Spider-Man film after we've already gotten 5 others.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@Feartheliving said:
@bluehope said:

changing all Peter childhood friends(that are extremely relevant to his story in the comics)

Um who did they change?

No Harry Osborn, Gwen or Mary Jane, I assume.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feartheliving said:
@bluehope said:

Um who did they change?

None of which were in High School, they were in college.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

Um who did they change?

Flash Thompson's supposed to be different in this movie apparently. And Ganke, oh I'm sorry, "Ned" shouldn't be there at all. Though I disagree that Peter's friends were instrumental to his story in the comics. The only ones who mattered were Flash and Betty. Liz just pops up from time to time. Plus he was alone most of the time in high school

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love me some Spider-Man, but this trailer... I don't know. It left me completely underwhelmed when I first saw it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@Feartheliving said:
@bluehope said:

Um who did they change?

None of which were in High School, they were in college.

In 616, yes. But cinema, Ultimate and Spectacular has fooled people into thinking otherwise, Lol.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

I love me some Spider-Man, but this trailer... I don't know. It left me completely underwhelmed when I first saw it.

Took the words right out of my cynical mouth :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the OP, the trailer definitely lowered my expectations from "Hype!!" to "Will probably still be good, but will it be great?" Overall, I'm still excited, and I'll still be there pretty much as soon as it opens, but I'm more cautious now than I was when I saw Holland's Civil War debut, which was pitch perfect.

At the same time, Spidey's been my favorite hero since forever, so I'll probably be a harsher critic than most.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the OP, the trailer definitely lowered my expectations from "Hype!!" to "Will probably still be good, but will it be great?" Overall, I'm still excited, and I'll still be there pretty much as soon as it opens, but I'm more cautious now than I was when I saw Holland's Civil War debut, which was pitch perfect.

At the same time, Spidey's been my favorite hero since forever, so I'll probably be a harsher critic than most.

Same here. Hopefully it'll still be decent fun, but nothing spectacular (no pun intended). Unless we're proven wrong, eh?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I would appear that way.

@nicksmi56:I agree that adding Ganke as Ned is stupid. Flash I need to see more of chances are we aren't going to get a Agent Venom anytime soon anyways so that really just depends on his performance as a bully then potential friend.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thor-Parker

The Spider-Man movies died the second this so-called actor with his cringeworthy faces and terrible portrayal of the character appeared on screen, giving people worldwide the wrong impression of who Peter Parker and Spider-Man is.

Then it got resurrected by a very competent actor with serious skills portraying a closer version to the comic books and it will possibly hit an all time high with this newest actor sharing the screen and being produced by the most succesfull franchise in movie history.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don´t think there is anything to worry about, I was very (very) pissed because the trailer spoiled a lot of things (most importantly Peter talking to Liz), but come on, Spider-Man is the greatest character in existence and is now finally home, being produced by the most succesful franchise in movie history, relax and enjoy the movie when it comes out on theaters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_doom said:

Can't forget this. It can't possibly be as completely and utterly awful as those Garfield films. Forever glad we're out of the Spidey Dark Ages.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It would have been great to see James Franco play Harry again.....but like a 38 year old Harry who is still in high school.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Spider-Man is the greatest character in existence and is now finally home, being produced by the most succesful franchise in movie history, relax and enjoy the movie when it comes out on theaters.

This reminds me of the DCEU fans who say "we should be grateful to see our favourite characters on the big screen." No, I want it to be good!

Your positivity is contagious, though. I'm hyped, but I'm cautiously excited as opposed to "this will be great." For all I know, this could be Marvel's lowest rated movie ^_^

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@thor_parker82 said:
@uncanny_doom said:

The Spider-Man movies died the second this so-called actor with his cringeworthy faces and terrible portrayal of the character appeared on screen, giving people worldwide the wrong impression of who Peter Parker and Spider-Man is.

Then it got resurrected by a very competent actor with serious skills portraying a closer version to the comic books and it will possibly hit an all time high with this newest actor sharing the screen and being produced by the most succesfull franchise in movie history.

Burn :D

I agree that Tobey wasn't a good Spider-Man at all. He did a decent job at playing a sympathetic Peter Parker, but it gave people the wrong impression of the character, and his faces were terrible.

Tom Holland is good casting. His Spider-Man is fantastic, but he overacts the aspect of Peter Parker a bit. He's still pretty good as a whole.

It's times like this when I wonder whether or not the Garfield Spider-Man films were biasedly bashed. I didn't used to think so, but I was surprised when people didn't complain about a younger, hot Aunt May (which I personally have no issue with) yet almost every aspect of the TASM films was met with criticism from the get go. I literally remember people complaining about Aunt May being too young in TASM, Lol.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Spider-Man is the greatest character in existence and is now finally home, being produced by the most succesful franchise in movie history, relax and enjoy the movie when it comes out on theaters.

This reminds me of the DCEU fans who say "we should be grateful to see our favourite characters on the big screen." No, I want it to be good!

Your positivity is contagious, though. I'm hyped, but I'm cautiously excited as opposed to "this will be great." For all I know, this could be Marvel's lowest rated movie ^_^

Oh no, you got me wrong my friend, quite the contrary, I don´t want my favorite characters on the screen just because, if they´re going to make a movie with them, then it should be good, otherwise don´t bother to make it. Where I am going is that I don´t think we really need to worry that much, Marvel has delivered more often than not and this is their staple character, I would assume they´ll work even harder to make a great movie.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'm at a point where I don't need to see another Spidey movie and I found Tom Holland's Peter very grating in Civil War - I was looking forward to him but by the end of the airport battle I simply wished he would STFU and began craving visuals of him being pounded.

This is my least anticipated CBM of 2017.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@thor_parker82 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

@thor_parker82:

Oh no, you got me wrong my friend, quite the contrary, I don´t want my favorite characters on the screen just because, if they´re going to make a movie with them, then it should be good, otherwise don´t bother to make it. Where I am going is that I don´t think we really need to worry that much, Marvel has delivered more often than not and this is their staple character, I would assume they´ll work even harder to make a great movie.

It could go both ways. They could go all out and make a great movie, or they could lean back on their chairs and smoke a joint as they create the safest, marketable, mainstream product possible because "it's Spider-man and people will watch it anyway." Sony is still involved after all :( Even Garfield admitted character wasn't at the top of the priority list.

In Fiege we trust though, eh? :P

EDIT: most Marvel filmmakers had a solid film or two under belt. The writers and director of this movie are concerning enough, IMO.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

Burn :D

I agree that Tobey wasn't a good Spider-Man at all. He did a decent job at playing a sympathetic Peter Parker, but it gave people the wrong impression of the character, and his faces were terrible.

Indeed, and it´s sad because he was the first iteration of the character for general audience, thus making them think that´s how Peter/Spider-Man should be, which is not the case at all.

Tom Holland is good casting. His Spider-Man is fantastic, but he overacts the aspect of Peter Parker a bit. He's still pretty good as a whole.

I somewhat agree with that.

It's times like this when I wonder whether or not the Garfield Spider-Man films were biasedly bashed. I didn't used to think so, but I was surprised when people didn't complain about a younger, hot Aunt May (which I personally have no issue with) yet almost every aspect of the TASM films was met with criticism from the get go. I literally remember people complaining about Aunt May being too young in TASM, Lol.

The ASM films while not spectacular (no pun intended :P) they were much closer to the source material and gave us an incredibly accurate iteration of Spider-Man, the Peter Parker aspect could have been better (drop the skater thing and him kissing Gwen in fron of all the school) but he was still even a better Peter Parker than the horrible Maguire .

@thor_parker82 said:
@uncanny_doom said:

are you talking bad about Tobes? The almighty tobes!?

No Caption Provided

LMAO, case in point haha.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As far as I'm concern, no one has ever done the real Peter Parker right, they've all been doing Ultimate Peter.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@theamazingspidey said:

@thor_parker82:

It could go both ways. They could go all out and make a great movie, or they could lean back on their chairs and smoke a joint as they create the safest, marketable, mainstream product possible because "it's Spider-man and people will watch it anyway." Sony is still involved after all :( Even Garfield admitted character wasn't at the top of the priority list.

In Fiege we trust though, eh? :P

EDIT: most Marvel filmmakers had a solid film or two under belt. The writers and director of this movie are concerning enough, IMO.

I can see your reasoning, only time will tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at a point where I don't need to see another Spidey movie and I found Tom Holland's Peter very grating in Civil War - I was looking forward to him but by the end of the airport battle I simply wished he would STFU and began craving visuals of him being pounded.

No Caption Provided

You're just pissed because Spider-Man is now a Stony fanfiction staple.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Indeed, and it´s sad because he was the first iteration of the character for general audience, thus making them think that´s how Peter/Spider-Man should be, which is not the case at all.

I'm glad we can agree on that :D

The ASM films while not spectacular (no pun intended :P) they were much closer to the source material and gave us an incredibly accurate iteration of Spider-Man, the Peter Parker aspect could have been better (drop the skater thing and him kissing Gwen in fron of all the school) but he was still even a better Peter Parker than the horrible Maguire .

Exactly, man. High five. Garfield wasn't perfect, but he was good as a whole. If you haven't already, you should see Hacksaw Ridge. Garfield has already matured so much as an actor.

I don't really like TaSM2 anymore, but if there's one aspect I loved, it's the scene between Garfield and Aunt May when she cries. It's a heartfelt scene and an attempt at giving Aunt May depth beyond "just an old lady."

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

Exactly, man. High five. Garfield wasn't perfect, but he was good as a whole. If you haven't already, you should see Hacksaw Ridge. Garfield has already matured so much as an actor.

I really want to see Hacksaw Ridge and Silence, I really do.

I don't really like TaSM2 anymore, but if there's one aspect I loved, it's the scene between Garfield and Aunt May when she cries. It's a heartfelt scene and an attempt at giving Aunt May depth beyond "just an old lady."

I still like it a lot (come at me haha), it holds a sweet spot in my heart for being a straight perfect representation of the Spider-Man aspect in the big screen, I loved the scene with Aunt May you mention, but the scene that takes the cake and IMO (tied with McAvoy´s depressed Xavier) the most emotional scene in any CBM was Gwen´s death, simply top notch acting from Andrew Garfield.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only issue I'll have with the film is that for one the action is toned down, its said he doesn't actually hit anyone in the film and that the High school aspect will have Marvel/Sony making it squeaky clean in terms of content. I mean the whole "HUMOR" thing the MCU pushes can get kind of old, and the fact he's a teenager might present some issues with his dialogue and his stupid sidekick isn't helping. I'm not expecting this to be anywhere near as impacting on me as the first two Raimi films were, though it should be more memorable than standard fare stuff like Antman/Iron Man 2/Thor 2. I think Holland was one of the best parts of Civil war, and it'll be solid if nothing else.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

I still like it a lot (come at me haha), it holds a sweet spot in my heart for being a straight perfect representation of the Spider-Man aspect in the big screen, I loved the scene with Aunt May you mention, but the scene that takes the cake and IMO (tied with McAvoy´s depressed Xavier) the most emotional scene in any CBM was Gwen´s death, simply top notch acting from Andrew Garfield.

Omg, you're right. Gwen's death was really sad, even if I had it spoiled for me.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82 said:

@theamazingspidey:

Omg, you're right. Gwen's death was really sad, even if I had it spoiled for me.

They kind of screwed by putting her the same clothes she was wearing the issue she died, but to be honest I was still caught by surprise, I didn´t think they´d have the nerve to kill the main love interest.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I'm not really expecting for anything amazing. I'm just hoping it won't flop because if it will then to hell with them for keeping on screwing up Spider-Man's movies.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#38  Edited By black_wreath

@sprior93 said:
@black_wreath said:

No Caption Provided

You're just pissed because Spider-Man is now a Stony fanfiction staple.

The spark is gone! Children ruin everything!

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Nice blog, but the answer is still yes.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Nice blog, but the answer is still yes.

Thanks, and that's okay. We can still be mates.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. It'll be awesome. Nice write up TAS but I don't see a real problem. Tender loving care from Marvel while keeping Sony in check? Recipe for a good film right there. And good as I'm good. No 'buts'. Hell it might even be a excellent or should we say... 'amazing' film. Heh, with the pun and the... I'll stop.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. It'll be awesome. Nice write up TAS but I don't see a real problem. Tender loving care from Marvel while keeping Sony in check? Recipe for a good film right there. And good as I'm good. No 'buts'. Hell it might even be a excellent or should we say... 'amazing' film. Heh, with the pun and the... I'll stop.

I don't blame you. No one should be as cynical as I am ^_^ Your time is way better spent on something that at the end of the day, you have no control over =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: There's nothing wrong with healthy cyncism, of course, but I think it needs to be warranted on a personal level. Obviously if there's something you've seen that doesn't sit well with you, you'll be a bit cautious and that's fine. I hope Homecoming is awesome for you, I already know I'll love it. If it helps, there was a small dispute between Marvel Studios and Sony before production began but Marvel quickly reigned in any of Sony's stupid ideas. As someone mentioned above, the MCU has got its prodigal son back and won't want to mess it up. Unlike some... certain competitors, they're competent and understand making a good film is whats important.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eto

I'm still hyped for the movie, since we've finally got the chance to see Spidey solo movie in the MCU. So there's that, but the trailer had certainly some flaws, can't neglect the fact.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pessimist

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Pessimist

This

BRING RAIMI BACK

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: There's nothing wrong with healthy cyncism, of course, but I think it needs to be warranted on a personal level. Obviously if there's something you've seen that doesn't sit well with you, you'll be a bit cautious and that's fine. I hope Homecoming is awesome for you, I already know I'll love it. If it helps, there was a small dispute between Marvel Studios and Sony before production began but Marvel quickly reigned in any of Sony's stupid ideas. As someone mentioned above, the MCU has got its prodigal son back and won't want to mess it up. Unlike some... certain competitors, they're competent and understand making a good film is whats important.

I'm not ready to write the film off (I'm still waiting for the second trailer before I decide whether or not this will be another classic or the worst MCU film since IM2, perhaps even in between)... I'm just being healthily cautious.

To be honest, I'm just traumatised man. It's as if every other movie is failing these days. I previously thought Affleck could do no wrong only for him to direct a rotten film. It taught me that nothing is absolute.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:

I'm not ready to write the film off (I'm still waiting for the second trailer before I decide whether or not this will be another classic or the worst MCU film since IM2, perhaps even in between)... I'm just being healthily cautious.

To be honest, I'm just traumatised man. It's as if every other movie is failing these days. I previously thought Affleck could do no wrong only for him to direct a rotten film. It taught me that nothing is absolute.

I get that. Last year was weird for film. Always easiest to take the cynic and pessimist route but that's why it's easy. Rising up and seeing the good, that takes guts. Gotta keep the hope...

I swear I'm not trying to sound like Captain America there.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it looks awesome.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

I get that. Last year was weird for film. Always easiest to take the cynic and pessimist route but that's why it's easy. Rising up and seeing the good, that takes guts. Gotta keep the hope...

I swear I'm not trying to sound like Captain America there.

Nah, you sound more like the DCEU's Superman.

Pfft. Who am I kidding?